Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,421 members, 7,812,237 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? (16914 Views)

20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. / Things You Should Never Say To Your Partner During A Fight / What Can Make You Turn Your Partner's Intimacy Approach Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by obowunmi(m): 1:30pm On Sep 05, 2012
Dear friends in the family section,

I am not sure if this topic has been overflogged but I am very curious to know, to those of you that are "happily married," how did you know your spouse was "the one?"

What did they do? what did they say? Did you pray? what signs were evident? Please share your story. smiley

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 05, 2012
He was honest from day 1, told me what he wanted even though I assumed it was one of those lines, but I accepted more lunch and dinner dates, I saw he was very intelligent, honest, decent, logical (not one of those my pastor said peeps), made me laugh, respected his parents, had good family relationship, not to forget the first kiss. Hmmmm, that kiss requires a thread of its own

18 Likes

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by obowunmi(m): 2:01pm On Sep 05, 2012
I don't think you've answered the question. I understand that honesty is key but was there a "still" voice, a sign...or did you just follow your guts?

I ask this because: what if he lied? What was the deciding factor that made you follow through. Was it "the kiss?"
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by obowunmi(m): 2:03pm On Sep 05, 2012
I ask because I am ready to settle down....women enjoy my money, good sexxx and other things that I have to offer but nothing else about them appeals to me to want to make them "the one."
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by 2mch(m): 2:10pm On Sep 05, 2012
obowunmi: I ask because I am ready to settle down....women enjoy my money, good sexxx and other things that I have to offer but nothing else about them appeals to me to want to make them "the one."

grin grin grin
Is this an ad? Dude you have not found her. They say when you do, you know.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by slimyem: 2:29pm On Sep 05, 2012
obowunmi: I ask because I am ready to settle down....women enjoy my money, good sexxx and other things that I have to offer but nothing else about them appeals to me to want to make them "the one."
when you find her,you'll just know it!
You won't have to come here to ask peeps the how?
Every other person's 'how' would be different from your 'how'.

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by obowunmi(m): 2:31pm On Sep 05, 2012
2mch:

grin grin grin
Is this an ad? Dude you have not found her. They say when you do, you know.

Hehehe -- No brother. Doubt I'm looking for chicks on Nairaland. Many men parading as women and vice versa. LoooL

Just asking a sincere question. Ok, will continue to keep my eyes open.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by obowunmi(m): 2:33pm On Sep 05, 2012
slimyem: when you find her,you'll just know it!

Got it. Thx!
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by AjanleKoko: 2:53pm On Sep 05, 2012

When the bell rings gbagaun!!! in your head, then you'll know. tongue

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 05, 2012

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by obowunmi(m): 3:26pm On Sep 05, 2012
AjanleKoko:

When the bell rings gbagaun!!! in your head, then you'll know. tongue

Boss man, ah-haf-heard. I will wait patiently.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 05, 2012
slimyem: when you find her,you'll just know it!

Word! Plus in my case unlike many girls in the past she had As and Bs in the core competences i consider. And it wasn't the initial butterflies in the stomach gra gra; months down the line i still felt inner peace when with her. Plus we went through the good and tough times period and i still worshiped her. Wish you the best man and make sure you date her for at least a year before deciding.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by slumcat(m): 3:45pm On Sep 05, 2012
when she came into d bank to withdraw 10million... dat was wen i dat knew she was d one 4 me.

10 Likes

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 05, 2012
Personal opinion:

I get bored of chics easily after smashing it a couple of times and I don't really feel comfortable sharing my bed with people(including chics) for more than two days...

So any chic I can smash more than 50 times, and still want more - and I can probably live with for a long period of time is definitely is the one... cool

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by kokoye(m): 3:47pm On Sep 05, 2012
I didnt.

I just decided to make her the one.

Stop reading pacesetters or mills & boon.

11 Likes

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 05, 2012
slumcat: when she came into d bank to withdraw 10million... dat was wen i dat knew she was d one 4 me.
OLEEEE! tongue

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 05, 2012
After giving her gar.... to drink

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by schorlbone(m): 3:51pm On Sep 05, 2012
Ayam not married yet, but as soon as I see my future wifey I'll recognize her grin
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2012
Lots of signs

First date, asked what it was my friends had to put up with and I replied "my temperament" and he replied after bursting out in laughter for like a minute " I can handle that" and gosh he was good and still is

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2012
Most times it doesn't work that way.
You may not even like him/her at first but you get won over by the many desired qualities you see in him/her over time.

Most times you find out that you're not going to get the mythical dark, sexy, tall and handsome.
What you will get may be the plain looking person but who has a kind heart, cares about you, is decent and will make a good partner, husband/wife.

You take a plunge after making all logical deductions and hope for the best.

11 Likes

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by kumbalo(m): 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2012
You'll know when he/she comes around but be careful cos your set standards and criteria could blindfold you and not make u see him/her

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2012
when i saw her big nyash and round waist i knew it.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by schorlbone(m): 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2012
slumcat: when she came into d bank to withdraw 10million... dat was wen i dat knew she was d one 4 me.
grin na money you like guy, no be the babe. What if na send dem send her? tongue
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by obowunmi(m): 3:59pm On Sep 05, 2012
kokoye: I didnt.

I just decided to make her the one.

Stop reading pacesetters or mills & boon.

You took a risk. Pls what's pacesetter and mills boon
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Osrachingy(m): 3:59pm On Sep 05, 2012
twas written on her forehead to spare me d trouble....saw it there and ddnt giv it a 2nd tot. #GBAM ...bt wait a sec! Aw does dis affect d price of Garry Cahill in d transfer market!!
Lemme see aw i get a ban wt dis!!

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by freecocoa(f): 4:01pm On Sep 05, 2012
I guess i can answer in 2 years time.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by obowunmi(m): 4:02pm On Sep 05, 2012
trae_z:

Word! Plus in my case unlike many girls in the past she had As and Bs in the core competences i consider. And it wasn't the initial butterflies in the stomach gra gra; months down the line i still felt inner peace when with her. Plus we went through the good and tough times period and i still worshiped her. Wish you the best man and make sure you date her for at least a year before deciding.

I've felt initial gra-gra for many girls but get bored afterwards. Thx for the tip.

Another thing I read is: "Don't rush"

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by drimgarl(f): 4:03pm On Sep 05, 2012
undecidedWhy ah yew so interestd??!
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 05, 2012
There are no hard and fast rules dear, when you met someone who says something and hours later you still remember what they said in the same voice they saaid it and still laugh it may be a sign.
Secondly, stop getting carried away by flashy women/ men, go deeper, look for character and things you know will keep you glued when the physical appearance fades.
No one can tell you this is exactly what you will feel or how you will know, also limit your flings, so that when the "one" comes the side runs won't discourage her

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by ojekomajeeba: 4:05pm On Sep 05, 2012
Well after watching "the one" (That movie that had jet Li in it), I saw that she had super powers and could do amazing things (in bed). That's when I knew she was the one

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by obowunmi(m): 4:05pm On Sep 05, 2012
BlueDiva: Most times it doesn't work that way.
You may not even like him/her at first but you get won over by the many desired qualities you see in him/her over time.

Most times you find out that you're not going to get the mythical dark, sexy, tall and handsome.
What you will get may be the plain looking person but who has a kind heart, cares about you, is decent and will make a good partner, husband/wife.

Life is not a movie.
The 'one' hardly exist for most realistic people.

You take a plunge after making all logical deductions and hope for the best.

Great tips. I don't mean "the one" as in perfection. I know such doesnt exist. I mean "the one" as in making the courage to make "the" decision. Thx.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 05, 2012
Most of the girls I met before her lacked one or two fundamental things.
Beautiful, humble, trying religious-wise, she still wasn't 100% the standards I set for myself, and it took some time before I knew my 100% lady was only available in Mars. So when I realized she got more than the fundamentals, I settled for her. Shortly after, met another person(a Nairalander) that almost threw me into confusion.

But to God be the glory - she is just an epitome of the qualities I had longed for in my woman. No regrets at all. I think prayer (especially by my parents)was very key because, she is all my parents had always wished for and prayed for me.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Merry Christmas & Compliments Of The Season. / Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? / Happy Mother's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.