Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:55 AM

Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. (10283 Views)

Help A Nairalander Go To The GIST TECH-I Final / VIDEO: Timi Dakolo – Iyawo Mi / "The Place Of Rest: Wasimi Chronicles" Gist Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by naptu2: 2:43pm On May 09, 2013
esere826:

*eyes him*

Hahahahahahahaha!
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by naptu2: 2:46pm On May 09, 2013
nu-well:

Oga, welcome o! it's been a while we saw you here. What have you been up to?

I've been alternating between politics section and the real world. How are you?
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by nuwell(m): 2:48pm On May 09, 2013
naptu2:

I've been alternating between politics section and the real world. How are you?

grin grin

That sounded as if you were implying that the Politics section could be a substitute for the Real World. I'm well and prospering, thank you
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by An0nimus: 12:45am On May 10, 2013
She's backsmiley

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by Ishilove: 1:25am On May 10, 2013
An0nimus: She's backsmiley
smiley
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by princesa(f): 1:48am On May 10, 2013
spectacular! how do i write like you and have good control over English language?smiley
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 10, 2013
Ishi, if this story ends with one born again sob story, i go vex o.
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by Ishilove: 4:00pm On May 10, 2013
frank3.16:
ohhh!! how i wish i have such writing skill, the way u command these english words any they obey u. when i read ur write up i feel very ashamed, u make me feel like.... ahh if i had such command, with the stories in my head, the would would have been under my feet. u see i have so much in me but the problem is putting them down as easily as u do. pls girly can u teach me? just give me some rules i should abide to and i will for ever be use scape goat.
princesa: spectacular! how do i write like you and have good control over English language?smiley
Aww jeeze, thanks you guyz.

About the way I write...well, what can I say? I started reading books at an early age; Enid Blyton and Cyprian Ekwensi were the first authors whose books I was weaned on at about age eight or there about. By ten I had moved to Agatha Christie and James Hadley Chase, eleven, John Grisham and Frederick Forsythe (though to tell you the truth, I didn't understand half of what they were writing, but I just had to read read read cheesy !!!) The first Grisham book I read was The Odyssey Files. That book is off tha shizzle! The scene where someone got blown to bits and his dismembered foot got stuck in a barbed wire fence has stuck to my memory almost two decades after. I moved to Soyinka and Achebe in my teen years and I've not looked back since then.

What is my point? I have been reading different kind of literature for years and the style of the writers invariably rubbed off on me. When you read for so long, you unconsciously copy the style of your favourite writers until you evolve your own style.

If you want to have a greater command of this borrowed language called English, then you should READ more. Magazines, literature, newspapers, everything you can grab a hold on to. Writers like Stephen King and Dean Koontz used to be English teachers so they have very unique ways of narrating their stories. I make sure I read their books at least thrice a year, taking note of their style, grammar usage and punctuations. Soyinka, Achebe and Akachi Ezeigbo (Professor of English in UNILAG) are writers whose command of English are off the chain! Try read their books and take notes.

However, the important thing is WRITE. If you have it in you then don't let such minor things as grammar and syntax hinder your flow. Write from your heart and let a skilled editor and proofreader handle the rest. If you've got it then nothing can stop your shine. If you have it, readers will sift through the so-called grammatikos and luxuriate in that stream that pours out of your heart through your fingers, so don't let anything bother you.

I am still learning and growing, a toddler in the literary arts. I am nowhere near where I want to be but I pray God helps us all so that we can use our talent bring glory to His name.

2 Likes

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by Ishilove: 4:02pm On May 10, 2013
naijababe: Ishi, if this story ends with one born again sob story, i go vex o.
We'll see, won't we? grin
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by Danhumprey: 6:02pm On May 10, 2013
Ishibaby,puhleeeeezzzeee,let me see your pix. I want to see the face behind that moniker. Pls,swthrt. Oblige my request.
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by Ishilove: 6:57pm On May 10, 2013
Danhumprey: Ishibaby,puhleeeeezzzeee,let me see your pix. I want to see the face behind that moniker. Pls,swthrt. Oblige my request.
It is on my profile grin
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by nuwell(m): 7:21pm On May 10, 2013
Ishilove:
It is on my profile grin

shocked
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by Ishilove: 7:29pm On May 10, 2013
nu-well:

shocked
What?
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by esere826: 7:36pm On May 10, 2013
Ishilove:
It is on my profile grin
Ishilove why do u want to knife somebody in ur profile
what did dey do u?
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by Ishilove: 7:38pm On May 10, 2013
esere826:
Ishilove why do u want to knife somebody in ur profile
what did dey do u?
I'm practicing the art of the samurai grin
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by esere826: 7:39pm On May 10, 2013
Ishilove:
I'm practicing the art of the samurai grin

Samuru?
Is that a new kind of akamu?
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by Ishilove: 7:42pm On May 10, 2013
esere826:

Samuru?
Is that a new kind of akamu?
Yeks. The art of making samuru akamu is very serious business angry
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by esere826: 7:43pm On May 10, 2013
Ishiliove we u be my gefrend?
so that I can be touching u pinpon pi
like I touch my toy car

ehn?
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by An0nimus: 7:45pm On May 10, 2013
Ishilove:
It is on my profile grin
*checks profile pic*
good Lord...and she has a Katana tookiss
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by Ishilove: 7:46pm On May 10, 2013
esere826: Ishiliove we u be my gefrend?
so that I can be touching u pinpon pi
like I touch my toy car

ehn?
Are you willing to undergo deliverance first? angry
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by nuwell(m): 7:46pm On May 10, 2013
Ishilove:
What?

I thought you once said somewhere (can't remember where at the moment) that you have an 'interesting-looking' face?
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by Ishilove: 7:47pm On May 10, 2013
An0nimus:
*checks profile pic*
good Lord...and she has a Katana tookiss
Yes. To Katana all 'em stubborn assses in the country
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by Ishilove: 7:48pm On May 10, 2013
nu-well:

I thought you once said somewhere (can't remember where at the moment) that you have an 'interesting-looking' face?
Wasimi Chronicles. Yes I did. smiley
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by esere826: 7:49pm On May 10, 2013
Ishilove:
Are you willing to undergo deliverance first? angry

Ishilove, ishilove
my mummy say that if i touch any gel
that the gel belli will become biiiig like this
and that the girl we deliverance
and baby will be crying,
iaaaan, iaaan everywhere
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by nuwell(m): 7:51pm On May 10, 2013
Ishilove:
Wasimi Chronicles. Yes I did. smiley

Then I beg to differ. And how and where in the name of all that is sharp and destructive, did you get that sword?
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by Ishilove: 7:53pm On May 10, 2013
nu-well:

Then I beg to differ. And how and where in the name of all that is sharp and destructive, did you get that sword?
Lwmkmd!! You have a way with words, you know that?
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by Ishilove: 7:54pm On May 10, 2013
esere826:

Ishilove, ishilove
my mummy say that if i touch any gel
that the gel belli will become biiiig like this
and that the girl we deliverance
and baby will be crying,
iaaaan, iaaan everywhere
Your mum is a very wise woman cheesy
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by esere826: 7:58pm On May 10, 2013
Ishilove:
Your mum is a very wise woman cheesy

ishilove ishilove
i we go out naw
so that I can look for feeding bottle to suck
my momi say i am a big man now and I shld learn to hold feeding bottle with my 2 hands

We u give me feeding bottle?
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by nuwell(m): 8:00pm On May 10, 2013
Ishilove:
Lwmkmd!! You have a way with words, you know that?

Yep, I believed I once filed such a compliment a long time ago, in a dark recess of my cognition.
But you didn't answer the question about the sword and you're not curious as to why i differ in opinion about your face?
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by Ishilove: 8:04pm On May 10, 2013
nu-well:

Yep, I believed I once filed such a compliment a long time ago, in a dark recess of my cognition.
But you didn't answer the question about the sword and you're not curious as to why i differ in opinion about your face?
Incoginiwegi?? Choi, akukwo girama! cheesy cheesy

The sword...the sword...I live in interesting times, that's how come I have it grin

And yes,I am curious. I was waiting for you to further expantiate.

Expantiate...yeks, me sef can blow girama angry tongue
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by Ishilove: 8:05pm On May 10, 2013
esere826:

ishilove ishilove
i we go out naw
so that I can look for feeding bottle to suck
my momi say i am a big man now and I shld learn to hold feeding bottle with my 2 hands

We u give me feeding bottle?
You need Jesus...
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag Gist Thread. by nuwell(m): 8:18pm On May 10, 2013
Ishilove:
Incoginiwegi?? Choi, akukwo girama! cheesy cheesy

The sword...the sword...I live in interesting times, that's how come I have it grin

And yes,I am curious. I was waiting for you to further expantiate.

Expantiate...yeks, me sef can blow girama angry tongue

Well, it wouldn't be so bad to give you a taste of your own medicine. Afterall I've read accounts of the ordeals you have subjected others to with your narratives. The absurdity of the situation is that they become addicted to their suffering and rather beg, nay demand and whine for more....

Anyway, I feel that your opinion and that of all the others who have corroborated your 'interesting-face' perception is grossly understated...catch my drift?

I would like to visit one of those 'interesting' places where you've been, if I could lay my hands on an item such as that one you have there?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Are Your Expectations For The New Year? / Download These Very Useful And Powerful SOFTWARES / Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.