Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Low Key Wedding - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Low Key Wedding (2290 Views)

We Agreed To Be Low Key Yet She Has Been Visiting My Family Behind My Back! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Low Key Wedding by Gbemyte(f): 10:48am On Apr 14, 2008
fellow nairalanders

pls i want u to tell me wat a low key wedding is.

Is it possible for me to do a low key wedding in the church? wat i mean is, i was warned strongly not to do a societal wedding and i wish to do a church wedding, so how can I go about it
better still pls cud u guys describe wat a low key wedding looks like.
i need a benefitting replies
Re: Low Key Wedding by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 14, 2008
i was warned strongly not to do a societal wedding and i wish to do a church wedding, so how can I go about it

warned by who,by any occultic man abi winch or wizard sad

please i want u to tell me what a low key wedding is

a low key is actually a quiet wedding,it can be done in d church my dear,but only few people grace d occasion,maybe d person does not like crowd,or doesnt have money to make an elaborate wedding,i mean d grand style kinda wedding,so he/she issues out cards to only a few persons not up to 20 people i believe
Re: Low Key Wedding by SamMilla1(m): 11:16am On Apr 14, 2008
you can do it,just invite only family members, and a few more, start to announce ur wedding like a week to the wedding, it will naturally become low key.

1 Like

Re: Low Key Wedding by Gbemyte(f): 11:28am On Apr 14, 2008
warned by who,by any occultic man abi winch or wizard
i was warned by different pastors i didnt belong to any occulti group.

i love elaborate wedding,flamboyant,societal wedding,at d same time i ve enough money to do it so is not a matter of lack of finance .
Re: Low Key Wedding by Gbemyte(f): 11:31am On Apr 14, 2008
is just dat i want to knw how to do it to avoid being disobidient to d warning.
Re: Low Key Wedding by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 14, 2008
is just that i want to knw how to do it to avoid being disobidient to d warning.

sorry if i was rude at first,but y will your pastors warn u or tell u to make it low key,i guess its related to prophesy right?
Re: Low Key Wedding by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 14, 2008
well, even though im not very religious or a born again, i know that when MEN of God speak u need to take heed. to be honest, i'd be gutted not to have a big wedding.

after i don splash for other pple wedding then na low key wedding i wan arrange?
Re: Low Key Wedding by aloib(f): 12:37pm On Apr 14, 2008
dunno wat people gain from flamboyant weddings sha,
just invite few friends and close family friends, everyones happy and yu get on wid ur life,
Re: Low Key Wedding by onyekang1(f): 1:13pm On Apr 14, 2008
jus family and close friends, now that's 'low key' cool
Re: Low Key Wedding by Gbemyte(f): 1:46pm On Apr 14, 2008
10x everybody atleast am getting d picture of a low key wedding.
Re: Low Key Wedding by Joey82(m): 2:52pm On Apr 14, 2008
@gbemytye
a low key wedding at times largely depend on ur partner, if he's popular and friendly, and wants it 'high key', u may not really have a choice.
someimes, ur societal status determine d kinda key ur wedding holds
Re: Low Key Wedding by omekele(m): 4:06pm On Apr 14, 2008
don't mind them , to be fore warned is to be fore armed, since you have been told to keep your wedding at a low web just keep it that way.
You can just try and invite your immediate family and few friends. Then others when they ask you because they would want to quarrel with you but you just try and beg dem and tell them that they should forgive you. Case file closed.
Re: Low Key Wedding by Busta(f): 4:07pm On Apr 14, 2008
Low keyed wedding = Strictly immediate family and close friends!
Re: Low Key Wedding by kittykat(f): 7:22pm On Apr 14, 2008
If you want a real low key weddin,then forget church and go for court registry.Some church members would most def show up without invitation.So,take few family members and few friends with your pastor.After the registry,the pastor would bless you and you can go live happily ever after.But why would he deprive you of a class wedding?That blows!
Re: Low Key Wedding by asanwa: 3:55pm On Apr 15, 2008
Low keyed wedding = you, him and staff at the registry (absolutely no in-laws). Your parents don't have to know. After that you and your husband go to mr bigs and eat puff puff to your hearts desire. and then use the rest of the money and honeymoon in style. (It will be your little secret).

after spending a month honyemooning abroad, come back and tell the in-laws that you are married and see how happy they will be for you.
At the end of the day when you spend millions on your wedding (and the money probably belongs to your husband), your husband won't take it out on you (When he is in a shitty mood) and he won't claim that he owns you (Just because he paid your dowry) and he won't want to marry another wife (Just because it was your fault that you bore 3 girls) and lastly you won't dream of kicking him in his arse whenever you get the chance.
Re: Low Key Wedding by adeboo(f): 8:49pm On Apr 15, 2008
The fact is that i went to a wedding just recently and it really opened my eye to the essene of low key.
They had the introduction / engagement together in the house - had a tent part afterwards with a few people.

Then the day of coming to 'bring the wife home', they just asked the Pastor of the church to come to the house and bless them - and he did. He asked them if they take each other as their beloved, and they said 'yes'.
The wedding was over and they had a small house party afterwards.

Now that was nice and simple.

1 Like

Re: Low Key Wedding by alextayo(m): 9:27pm On Apr 15, 2008
You can call me an atheist, a devil or what have you. I have never and will never believe in some hungry chaps who cant even see into their own future to tell me some craps about what to do with my life.

I have never been a big fan of excessive religious activities though i acknowledge that there is a SUPREME BEING who causes things to exist.

A pastor once told told my cousin that her destiny is not in education but in trade, she foolishly obeyed and didnt go beyong secondary school education. She tried selling things and still didnt make it. Now she works as a manual contract staff in one of the oil companies, see where Prophecy has landed her.

All these Pastors are just opportunist looking for customers. Here is a very simple example and here it goes.

Pastor: Yes, while praying, the spirit of God ministered to me and told me that a woman here needs a husband.

Church Member: (thinking) yes the Pastor truly sees vision, how does he know i need a life partner.

The simple truth is that when 10 ladies are gathered together, at least 3 or more will be looking for Husband, some are happily married with no kids and these junk men of DECEIT are only using Psychology to deceive us in Naija.

Wake up Gbemy, pray to God, do wat you have to do and u feel is right and God will put you true.

1 Like

Re: Low Key Wedding by Viking007(m): 5:15pm On Mar 21, 2017
adeboo:
The fact is that i went to a wedding just recently and it really opened my eye to the essene of low key.
They had the introduction / engagement together in the house - had a tent part afterwards with a few people.

Then the day of coming to 'bring the wife home', they just asked the Pastor of the church to come to the house and bless them - and he did. He asked them if they take each other as their beloved, and they said 'yes'.

This is what I want...I hate crowds. embarassed
Re: Low Key Wedding by mhizv(f): 5:40pm On Mar 21, 2017
adeboo:

exactly how I want mine.

(1) (Reply)

I Am Haemophobic! / Here Is My Phone Number! / The Era Of The Hot Moms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.