Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,682 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? (17475 Views)

Which Nigerian Actor Or Actress Can Win An Oscar / Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? / Which Nigerian Soap Opera Is The Hottest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Wordsmith(m): 4:38pm On Apr 30, 2013
The Bottled Leopard
The Burning Grass by Crypian Ekwensi. Awesome book. definitely worth an adaptation
Mallam Illiad's Passport. Another gem by Crypian Ekwensi

Then there was this book i read about some investigative journalist that was drugged by some evil scheming politician and brainwashed and commanded to assasinate his twin. Something along that line. Can't remember the name or the author

The Last Duty. Or something like that. About the Biafran war. Lovely book. Told in first person narrative from different characters. A book worth adapting to the big screen

Igbo Irunmole (I dunno if this is the full name)
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by thatchick: 8:34pm On Apr 30, 2013
blackwhite boy:
I agree with u,but I also think that "anthills of the savannah by chinua achebe" would make madt sense for a movie. The story is still very relevant and it touches the matter of our ethnic unity and corruption set-up.

Totally agree with you,was wondering when someone would mention anthills of savannah.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by BosColeone: 9:05pm On Apr 30, 2013
In the pot pouri

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by AMACRITY(f): 9:35pm On Apr 30, 2013
purple hibiscus by Chimamanda Adichie
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 30, 2013
the victims,one of the best booksever written
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by BloggingIq: 12:21am On May 01, 2013
semid4lyfe:
Lots of books have been mentioned here but not all are intriguing enough for me to want to see on the big screen. eg Chike and the River, Eze Goes To School, The Bottled Leopard etc. All these are kid/adolescent books akin to the Enid Blytons, Famous Five, Secret Seven etc that I read while growing up and God forbid I couldn't stay thru' 15mins of them. I be small pickin? undecided
[/i]

you are not completely right, from what you said, so there should be no movies for kid/adolescent? Why if I may ask?
for your information, more than 50% of Nigerian population falls into the demographics you so carelessly dismissed.
Do you know that schools take their pupils for excursions? To places like fast food outlets! It that an excursion?
But they could be taken to go watch a movie based on what are used for education - Chike and the River!!!
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Vansnickers: 2:30am On May 01, 2013
mike404: THERE WAS A COUNTRY--- PROF CHINUA ACHEBE sad

LOL!! There will be Riots all over the Country.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Madawaki01(m): 5:13am On May 01, 2013
And nobody suggested our own IBO BOY WEY LIKE YORUBA by FLOW and mazi omenuko's national year of sex nd comfort

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by thelonestranger: 8:06am On May 01, 2013
adexsimply: thats what we are saying...am nt even near that age at all..i mean at all at all...and am very familiar with 99% of those books..what it means is that, we dont have good authors again..so its not about age..ok?

Great opportunity for young authors to write good books!
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by akinwun(m): 9:54am On May 01, 2013
skidos4u: "the secret of nothing". d book is abt d igbo problem of osucast. but i cnt remember d authur.
yeah skido. The secret of nothing is the best ever. And you know, the late sam loko would have been a perfect cast for ugwoagwu-that man with primary school leaving certificate but speak great grammer. I love this book.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by kpabilo: 9:59am On May 01, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]I would G̶̲̥̅o̶̲̥̅ for "Purple Hibiscus"any time.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by uncletbuddy(m): 10:37am On May 01, 2013
Sunset in Biafra by Elechi Amadi....
enough action...
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by MrTAnonymous(m): 3:06pm On May 01, 2013
dnawah: Mark of the cobra by Valentine Alily,
the Undesirable Element by Mohammed Sule,
Evbu My Love by Helen Ovbiagele.all na pacesetters series grin
all pacesetters series and toads for supper by Chukuemeka Ike.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by MrTAnonymous(m): 3:09pm On May 01, 2013
Madawaki01: And nobody suggested our own IBO BOY WEY LIKE YORUBA by FLOW and mazi omenuko's national year of sex nd comfort
so sad
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 1:56am On May 04, 2013
A lot of books mentioned here are good enough for adaptation but personally I would love to see film based on experiences of important parts in history like:

Queen Amina of Zaria
The Aba women riot
Nigerian civil war
The life of Nigerian soilders and families
Etc

These stories must be well researched and detailed: casting must be held too not random selection.

And I would love a film based on folklores like the story of the girl whose step mother sent her to a spirit world to fetch water: it has an Alice in wonderland and Cinderalla feel.

Nigeria is made up of more than 250 ethnic groups. That means we have a lot of diverse stories to tell.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by itstpia8: 3:42pm On Feb 07, 2015
symbianDON:
the palmwine drinkard by amos tutuola
adventures of souza

Can't remember the adventures of souza but it was very interesting. . . .
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by baybiemee: 5:09pm On Feb 07, 2015
This is our chance
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by laudate: 11:03pm On Feb 07, 2015
How To Be a Nigerian, by Peter Enahoro

One Man, One Wife by TM Aluko

I Do Not Come To You By Chance, by Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Lepetitechic(f): 3:04pm On Feb 08, 2015
The second chance - Nyengi Koin
Time changes yesterday - Nyengi Koin
The maids are not to blame (forgot the author) and yes, maids!
Ebony wood carver(forgot the author)
The bottled Leopard - Chukwuemeka Ike
Would pay anything to see these books made into movies or given a sequel lol looove them!!
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by itstpia8: 3:46am On Feb 09, 2015
cloudy with a chance of meatballs isnt a nigerian book but it was good as a movie sha.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by expozey(f): 10:28pm On Feb 22, 2015
The incorruptible judge
Unknown tomorrow
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Ughelli: 2:07am On Nov 10, 2015
Does anyone have any idea where i can obtain a copy of the book "The rescue of Charlie Kalu"?
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by wayisshut: 8:40pm On Feb 07, 2017
Lepetitechic:
The second chance - Nyengi Koin
Time changes yesterday - Nyengi Koin
The maids are not to blame (forgot the author) and yes, maids!
Ebony wood carver(forgot the author)
The bottled Leopard - Chukwuemeka Ike
Would pay anything to see these books made into movies or given a sequel lol looove them!!

Ebony wood Carver I love that book. I can't remember the author. I would love to read the book again.

Am still searching for that book. Read it about 18yrs ago y still in secondary school

Also time changes yesterday.reminds me of ibillo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Stop Selling Foreign Films - NFVCB - National Film & Videos Censors Board / Neo And Adekunle Fight Over Alcohol At Pool Party / Kate Henshaw Laughs Uncontrollably At A Contestant On Nigeria’s Got Talent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.