Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? (17479 Views)

Which Nigerian Actor Or Actress Can Win An Oscar / Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? / Which Nigerian Soap Opera Is The Hottest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by embee3(m): 6:06pm On Apr 29, 2013
Evbu My Love.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by slimyem: 6:10pm On Apr 29, 2013
adexsimply: on point
Aditu Eledumare... ogboju ode ninu igbo irunmale...ireke onibudo smiley smiley smiley
Igbo Olodumare too and Irinkerindo ninu igbo Elegbeje.
Awesome books!!
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by eaglechild: 6:11pm On Apr 29, 2013
The passport of Mallam Iliya
Purple Hibscus
Burning grass
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 29, 2013
Seun: Purple Hibiscus could make a great movie. The role of the protagonist's dad could launch an actor's career if.well performed.
One of my favourite Chimamanda's classic novels.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Diligence: 6:13pm On Apr 29, 2013
The bottled leopard and Countdown to perdition

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by SIRcumalot: 6:13pm On Apr 29, 2013
Bassey and company by ken saro wiwa

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Lachynos2k2(m): 6:14pm On Apr 29, 2013
JUO OBINNA
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by adexsimply(m): 6:16pm On Apr 29, 2013
Diligence: [size=13pt]The bottled leopard[/size] and Countdown to perdition
nice one
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by adexsimply(m): 6:17pm On Apr 29, 2013
slimyem: Igbo Olodumare too and Irinkerindo ninu igbo Elegbeje.
Awesome books!!
wink wink wink
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by timbros(m): 6:18pm On Apr 29, 2013
* An African Night's Entertainment
* Things Fall Apart used to watch it in NTA early 90s but would love to watch it as a movie
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by timbros(m): 6:20pm On Apr 29, 2013
* There was a Country

Would love to watch events that led up to biafra war. And situation of things during the war. But this will require actors that will really play the roles well...

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by vicade(m): 6:22pm On Apr 29, 2013
The Joys of Motherhood by Buchi Emecheta-So Powerful and Emotional I doubt if nollywood can pull it off.

I also like "The Road". Its a play by wole soyinka and a very funny one at that. I also doubt if this can be adapted for screen by nollywood.

Twinge Twangle by Femi Osofisan
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Phonon: 6:23pm On Apr 29, 2013
All the books in the "Pacesetter Series".I loved those books as a child.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 29, 2013
there was a country, purple hibiscus

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by OracleHex(m): 6:26pm On Apr 29, 2013
Chike and the River
Tambari in Dukana

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by VillageBoi(m): 6:26pm On Apr 29, 2013
Phonon: All the books in the "Pacesetter Series".I loved those books as a child.

Well said, every single one of them!

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by gabinogem(m): 6:27pm On Apr 29, 2013
Everything Good Will Come
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by rrosheed: 6:34pm On Apr 29, 2013
The New Man by Femi Ademiluyi

3 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by tjskii(f): 6:35pm On Apr 29, 2013
k2039: THE TRIALS OF BROTHER JERO by Wole Soyinka

U dey live inside my mind ni cheesy,that was d first book I thot of wen I saw this thread
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by churific(m): 6:35pm On Apr 29, 2013
Things Fall Apart AGAIN - The Story of our Country.

-This book is yet to be written!

3 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Afam4eva(m): 6:37pm On Apr 29, 2013

[size=14pt]There was a country
Strains of Paradise
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by caustical: 6:39pm On Apr 29, 2013
This house has fallen - Midnight in Nigeria by Karl Maier

It opened my eye to many things as regard the history of Nigeria
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 29, 2013
Seun: Purple Hibiscus could make a great movie. The role of the protagonist's dad could launch an actor's career if.well performed.

Seconded!
i really love that novel, the character 'kambili' was exceptional infact brilliant!

@op Purple Hibiscus, Half of a yellow sun, and Trails of brother Jero
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by adexsimply(m): 6:41pm On Apr 29, 2013
koku baboni
[size=3pt]ali and simbi[/size]
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Uwakuwak(f): 6:43pm On Apr 29, 2013
Phonon: All the books in the "Pacesetter Series".I loved those books as a child.
on point,
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Tolexander: 6:43pm On Apr 29, 2013
Ogboju Ode Inu Igbo Irunmole(The brave hunter in the forest of the deities) by D.F Fagunwa

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by hitmanogo: 6:43pm On Apr 29, 2013
The boy slave and return of shettima by kola onadipe
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 29, 2013
Purple hibiscus.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by ekaromail: 6:44pm On Apr 29, 2013
[quote author=mrjingles]1. An African Night's Entertainment
2. The Passport of Mallam Iliya
3. On the road
4 Mark of the Cobra
5. Stop Press: Murder
6. The South African Affair
7. Christmas in the city
GUY YOU KNW GOOD BOOKS.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Uwakuwak(f): 6:47pm On Apr 29, 2013
The incorruptable judge.

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Uwakuwak(f): 6:48pm On Apr 29, 2013
The god's are not blame.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Giftedhands2(f): 6:51pm On Apr 29, 2013
The potters wheel by Chukwuemeka Ike. It's such a hilarious and educative book.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 10 Telegram Channels To Get Movies For Free In 2022 / Neo And Adekunle Fight Over Alcohol At Pool Party / Kate Henshaw Laughs Uncontrollably At A Contestant On Nigeria’s Got Talent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.