Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

At What Age: - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At What Age: (2032 Views)

At What Age Did You Have Your First Sex? / At What Age Did You Start Dating? / At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age: by Cadet(f): 9:32pm On Apr 15, 2008
All of you people saying 21, you dey fear me o.chai! I don't feel young anymore. Na I gotz to think about marriage in the next few years? grrrrrrr! shocked I think 25 will be better! grin
Re: At What Age: by uspry1(f): 9:57pm On Apr 15, 2008
Why in the world everyone worry about age proper for getting married? There is no age limit!

The reason lot of ppl get marry late because of the high rate of divorce they need take time to ensure their relationship stability and stronger. Lot of them has insecurity reason, some has inferiority complex.

What happen to maturity, love, trust, and happy to get ready for marriage? Not because of wedlock pregnant, forced/arranged marriage, or sympathetic marriage (illness, cancer, leukemia)!!!

My mom was 18 with me inside her while dad gone army at age 22. (4 yr army from age 18 to 22). (their 43rd wedding anniversary coming up this June) I was married at age 22 after college graduation. My sister was married at age 18 same as my mom was. Now both my sister and I are divorced raising our own 4 children (mine 2 and her 2).

Most American black men are not ready to get married until 30s to be SETTLED DOWN SERIOUSLY! All they want messing around at young ages 18-30 to capture their own forbidden experiences FIRST according to the black magazines/online say so!!!
Re: At What Age: by Riskie(f): 10:04pm On Apr 15, 2008
When? NEVER! grin
Re: At What Age: by rite2salas(m): 11:52pm On Apr 15, 2008
SAM MILLA:

sorry dude, u are 21 and a man and married, did your people marry for u or did u do it yourself, what hapened,
Thats kinda lame boy
I got married early cuz im straight up frm da hood ya DIGG undecided
Re: At What Age: by bawomolo(m): 2:40am On Apr 16, 2008
The Sly:

I noticed that there are more females on this thread than the guys. . .
Guys are not ready to get married anytime soon. . . . . .they don't even Wanna think about it. . . . grin

Marriage ke. . . .from where to where? cheesy

preach, it's obvious who the desperate ones are and they still play hard to get
Re: At What Age: by bawomolo(m): 2:42am On Apr 16, 2008
Cadet:

All of you people saying 21, you dey fear me o.chai! I don't feel young anymore. Na I gotz to think about marriage in the next few years? grrrrrrr! shocked I think 25 will be better! grin

don't worry i would save up enough cowries to pay the bride price
Re: At What Age: by Teejay07(m): 3:01am On Apr 16, 2008
@poster,

marriage is a thing of the mind. It has little to do with age. You could still be 40, married and not really ready to setle down in ur mind. Methinks, you dont have to worry much abt getting married at a particular age.

However, a lot of people fall prey to societal demands often - especially the female fold. And, this has to do with the proverbial 'biological clock ticking'. For men, society is a little reticent on a particular age for wedding. Most times you will know when you are re ready to get married.

When you meet that special 'someone' - ur missing rib - u definitely will know. There is still hope for you yet. You dont need to rush into marriage. Those that have rushed into marriages, have often had to rush back out.

On a lighter note, though, (since I dont believe this is true) I remember reading somewhere that marriage is an institution where those who are in are looking for a way out, and those who are out are looking for a way in. Just said that for laughs, and should not be taken seriously.
Re: At What Age: by Nobody: 3:13am On Apr 16, 2008
Marriage is a bed of roses cheesy
Re: At What Age: by Teejay07(m): 3:46am On Apr 16, 2008
@stillwater,

Hope u remember that worn adage, 'As you lay ur bed, so do you lie on it'. Marriage is what either party brings to it in terms of commitment and companionship.

U keep working at it. U dont just take it for granted, else it goes stale.
Re: At What Age: by idiot(m): 3:47am On Apr 16, 2008
Why do people worry about this? There is no age limit?

True. There is no limit. However, there is also no age limit for playing in the dirt. Yet we typically stop that after 5-6 years of age.

The question asks about an optimum time for getting married. Well, that depends on the individual person. If one plans on having children, that factors into one's decision.

As others have mentioned, beyond a certain age (about 35), the chances of birth defects and other complications go up.

So things like having children, the kind of career one wants to have (or the age at which one wants to retire), where a person wants to live, etc all factor into that kind of decision. To pretend otherwise is ludicrous.

Then, there is also the relationship market. As has been mentioned, women age faster than men in general. So, this kind of thing also factors into your decisions or planning.

One must plan for the feature taking into account the "good" and the "bad". For example, at this point in my life, I can work 60+ hour weeks without any problems. However, that won't be the case forever. Having a family, getting older, and other life events will all affect my ability to work beyond 40 hours a week in years to come. So, the smart thing is to plan my life to take into account this decline.

If you pretend things will always be the same for you in 20 years as they are now, you're setting yourself up for major disappointment.
Re: At What Age: by deola1(m): 8:42am On Apr 16, 2008
watever undecided get married when u're pleased
Re: At What Age: by Dalby(m): 10:09am On Apr 16, 2008
Not sure if this topic has been discussed before but:

At what age should a person began to think about marriage? At what age should a person get married?

So I'm 26yrs and I noticed that most Nigerians around me are asking when am I going to get married (that's been since I was 22); however, most of my America friends are saying "you are young, you have plenty of time".

If you are in Nigeria, listen to the Nigerians. If in America, listen to the Americans so you don't get caught up in the web of societal pressure and end up doing the wrong thing. Always best to hit the iron while it is hot grin grin grin
Re: At What Age: by Elia(f): 10:34am On Apr 16, 2008
i think one should get married when he/she is matured and ready to attend the continuous school called MARRIAGE!
Re: At What Age: by babyx(f): 3:28pm On Apr 16, 2008
Please get married when u know u hv a full understanding n quite ready for that kind of level commitment.
Alot of us get hooked then later wish we werent, many parents out there got married early yes but how many do not regret their unions, most stayed just for the children sake, get information about how this marriage tin works n 4get about age, its notin but a number, mind u as u tink so u become.!!
Re: At What Age: by cece84(f): 2:12am On Mar 04, 2009
get married when ur ready to. I'm 24 been married for 2 years in June. Marriage is a major commitment grin grin
Re: At What Age: by oluwafemi113(m): 4:25am On Mar 04, 2009
;d
Re: At What Age: by vanderjo(m): 3:33pm On Mar 04, 2009
@asanwa,
you need deliverance.i pity your life,its in tatters,who knows if you don commot all of them finish.

@poster,
age doesn't really matter,it is your plans in life and focus in life that will determine that,i am a youngman of 26 and desires to marry at 27.
Re: At What Age: by yme1(f): 3:45pm On Mar 04, 2009
van der jo, i dey feel you no be small o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your Husband Got Best Friend Pregnant; Would You Forgive Him? / Why Guys Fail When Trying To Seduce Girls With Pick Up Lines / Love Gives Us The Reason To Live In Peace: My Essay On Love For Peace On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.