Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,457 members, 7,812,404 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? (8258 Views)

Why Is This Mistake Common Amongst Kids(photo) / 16 Costly Mistakes Married Women Make / Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by bukatyne(f): 2:17pm On May 02, 2013
biolabee:

I don't think at any point I mentioned any exclusion of fidelity

Then why your question 'if a woman would stay if her husband does his duty but has a steady mistress?'

Can a husband be truly said to be doing his duty if he's unfaithful to his wife?

1 Like

Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by biolabee(m): 2:23pm On May 02, 2013
bukatyne:

Then why your question 'if a woman would stay if her husband does his duty but has a steady mistress?'

Can a husband be truly said to be doing his duty if he's unfaithful to his wife?

I was trying to get a sense of relative tolerance by ladies
Each gave their own tolerance factor based on their own experiences or as we call it 'risk appetite'

On your second question, you will have to answer me as a lady because I have answered the question in my posts where I made reference to monogamy vs polygamy dichotomy

You seem to have quoted me out of context
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by bukatyne(f): 2:48pm On May 02, 2013
biolabee:

I was trying to get a sense of relative tolerance by ladies
Each gave their own tolerance factor based on their own experiences or as we call it 'risk appetite'

On your second question, you will have to answer me as a lady because I have answered the question in my posts where I made reference to monogamy vs polygamy dichotomy

You seem to have quoted me out of context

I can't cope with nos 2 and 3.

No 1 will ruin the relationship and special bond we have and it'll take a conscious effort to build it again.

Everybody have their flaws and thresholds.

I can't stomach a cheating or abusive husband.
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 02, 2013
bukatyne:

Me neither. Which is why I said 3 leads 2 only by a whisker. I rank 3 as the worst for the plain nastiness/disgust factor. 2 is extremely unpalatable to me, why does he need a steady mistress? How can you claim to love me when you need another steady mistress? The way I see it, having 1 steady mistress means you are sharing your heart with her and I have no interest in dealing with that. Also how can I tolerate knowing that when you get off my bed, you are going to go poke your 'something' into another woman's genitals only to come back to me the next day, or even the next hour. Yuck!

Interestingly, I had this argument when I was younger and I remember strongly rating 2 above 3 and the person I was arguing with couldn't understand why. I don't know the reason for the slight shift though in my stance though...

1 Like

Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 02, 2013
This thread is pretentious sha . . . half the outrage is cos she's a woman! I'm fairly certain a man won't get this much judgement. undecided undecided

Me, I believe what goes around comes around, cheat and get cheated on . . simple! cool cool

Could she have walked out on the marriage, yes . . but why should she? The same reasoning goes to him. If he's tired of the marriage he should walk out and not expose his wife to STDs and disrespect his family.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander!
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by biolabee(m): 4:42pm On May 02, 2013
bukatyne:

No 1 will ruin the relationship and special bond we have and it'll take a conscious effort to build it again.

Everybody have their flaws and thresholds.

I can't stomach a cheating or abusive husband.

Thanks for the response
I appreciate the honesty of some of the respondents here though I am a bit concerned about the impact of a seperated home on the children and finances

In the West, some couples still have to live together in a loveless marriage because they cant afford to sell the home due to the recession and any proceeds may not be enough to live seperately

The matter tire me sef

May God Help Us All
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by biolabee(m): 4:46pm On May 02, 2013
ileobatojo: Me neither. Which is why I said 3 leads 2 only by a whisker. I rank 3 as the worst for the plain nastiness/disgust factor. 2 is extremely unpalatable to me, why does he need a steady mistress? How can you claim to love me when you need another steady mistress? The way I see it, having 1 steady mistress means you are sharing your heart with her and I have no interest in dealing with that. Also how can I tolerate knowing that when you get off my bed, you are going to go poke your 'something' into another woman's Cores only to come back to me the next day, or even the next hour. Yuck!

Interestingly, I had this argument when I was younger and I remember strongly rating 2 above 3 and the person I was arguing with couldn't understand why. I don't know the reason for the slight shift though in my stance though...

Nice response. Learning more about the female psyche

There was a discussion i had with some ladies offline and the gist was that

They prefer their spouses have s.ex partners than one dedicated mistress..
Any thoughts on this?? House
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by bukatyne(f): 5:41pm On May 02, 2013
biolabee:

Thanks for the response
I appreciate the honesty of some of the respondents here though I am a bit concerned about the impact of a seperated home on the children and finances

In the West, some couples still have to live together in a loveless marriage because they cant afford to sell the home due to the recession and any proceeds may not be enough to live seperately

The matter tire me sef

May God Help Us All

Some children start to really live after their parents are separated.
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by biolabee(m): 6:20pm On May 02, 2013
bukatyne:

Some children start to really live after their parents are separated.

Please may i ask what do you mean?
I know some children from seperated homes and they are cool lads
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by bukatyne(f): 7:29pm On May 02, 2013
biolabee:

Please may i ask what do you mean?
I know some children from seperated homes and they are cool lads

You are collobrating my point.

I don't know where people get the fallacious idea that all children from broken homes are bitter or sad or failures.

An average home is already single parented with an absentee father. I also don't know how a home filled with bitterness and pain is better than a peaceful home with a single parent.

I guess it's the suffering and smiling attitude that let us hold on to things no longer existing.

A lot of homes are not conducive for living hence that's why we have a lot of bitter and psycho people around.
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by biolabee(m): 8:02pm On May 02, 2013
bukatyne:

You are collobrating my point.

I don't know where people get the fallacious idea that all children from broken homes are bitter or sad or failures.

An average home is already single parented with an absentee father. I also don't know how a home filled with bitterness and pain is better than a peaceful home with a single parent.

I guess it's the suffering and smiling attitude that let us hold on to things no longer existing.

A lot of homes are not conducive for living hence that's why we have a lot of bitter and psycho people around.

hmm,,,,, I get your point but cannot see the value of a single parent home
It is alien to me

Sorry
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by Pataki: 4:29pm On May 04, 2013
slimyem: As far as the husband is concerned,she's in hell.
I'm guessing he knows already and doesn't care.
The story didn't even mention that its a secret

Oh really? Hmmmm......

No matter how promiscuous a married Nigerian man is, he cannot stomach the thoughts of his wife being humped by another man. Except they both (man & wife) agreed to an open swinging relationship.
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by Tgirl4real(f): 6:49pm On May 04, 2013
biolabee:

Nice response. Learning more about the female psyche

There was a discussion i had with some ladies offline and the gist was that

They prefer their spouses have s.ex partners than one dedicated mistress..
Any thoughts on this?? House

Simple!

A dedicated mistress is almost equals to having a second wife.

Secondly, a dedicated mistress will most likely have a love child for ur hubby.

Women don't love competition. grin
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by coogar: 6:53pm On May 04, 2013
Tgirl4real:
Simple!

Women don't love competition. cheesy

but competition is good - it brings out the best of the competitors. the man wins cos the women would be bent in outfoxing each other.
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by Dlemah: 7:02pm On May 04, 2013
Critizing her isn't right.u neva can feel d pain she went tru al those times except ure in her shoes..truly I don't blame her..*nd y on earth shud d man be praised?..let her have her hapynez d way she wants it,she deserves to b hapy n alive.my advice is for her to b careful and stay alive for her kids..men are nt worth living and dying for...
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:18pm On May 04, 2013
coogar:

but competition is good - it brings out the best of the competitors. the man
wins cos the women would be bent in outfoxing each other.

Hehehehe

Left to me, na OYO dat man dey o. As a matter of fact, he will be the one on his toes to convince me the woman isn't taking my place. He has to put in extra effort to manage 2 women effectively, else...
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:39pm On May 04, 2013
ileobatojo:

Me neither. Which is why I said 3 leads 2 only by a whisker. I rank 3 as the worst for the plain nastiness/disgust factor. 2 is extremely unpalatable to me, why does he need a steady mistress? How can you claim to love me when you need another steady mistress? The way I see it, having 1 steady mistress means you are sharing your heart with her and I have no interest in dealing with that. Also how can I tolerate knowing that when you get off my bed, you are going to go poke your 'something' into another woman's genitals only to come back to me the next day, or even the next hour. Yuck!

Hmmm... True!

Mehn! Doing a good soul search, dat home will really not be d same for some time except I don't know about it.

But 2 is still far better and more acceptable than 3. They can't be on the same level.

May be u have become stingy now that u are older. grin
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by coogar: 7:43pm On May 04, 2013
Tgirl4real:
Hehehehe

Left to me, na OYO dat man dey o. As a matter of fact, he will be the one on his toes to convince me the woman isn't taking my place. He has to put in extra effort to manage 2 women effectively, else...

most men are good managers and they can multitask effectively. we do this man-management on a daily basis in our professions - why would it be difficult to apply the same principle with women? cheesy grin
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 04, 2013
Tgirl4real:

May be u have become stingy now that u are older. grin

grin grin grin Lol!
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by biolabee(m): 8:14pm On May 04, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Simple!

Women don't love competition. grin

thanks for your response

@All, I have enjoyed the frank aand intelligent responses so far
Family Section is till on top
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by armyofone(m): 8:19pm On May 04, 2013
not really, you see why men don't live long? unnecessary stress, such as allowing little johnny to take control his big head undecided

coogar:

but competition is good - it brings out the best of the competitors. the man wins cos the women would be bent in outfoxing each other.
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by coogar: 8:24pm On May 04, 2013
armyofone: not really, you see why men don't live long? unnecessary stress, such as allowing little johnny to take control his big head undecided

"little" johnny is the only reason men live....
so what you consider little is not really little. if you want to hurt any man, speak ill of his johnny and watch him snarl at you.

men don't live long? says who?
the reason men don't live long has nothing to do with polying. there are various other factors. men actually lived long when polygamy was the fad. moses, abraham, jacob, david, etc all spent about 150 years each before they gave up the ghost!
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by biolabee(m): 8:40pm On May 04, 2013
coogar:

so what you consider little is not really little. if you want to hurt any man, speak ill of his johnny and watch him snarl at you.

the reason men don't live long has nothing to do with polying. there are various other factors. men actually lived long when polygamy was the fad. moses, abraham, jacob, david, etc all spent about 150 years each before they gave up the ghost!

Maybe that was then... with economic realities as they are
A poor man will die with polygamy
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by coogar: 8:42pm On May 04, 2013
biolabee:

a poor man will die with monogamy as well.

1 Like

Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by armyofone(m): 8:45pm On May 04, 2013
grin
thank you, just leave cougar to continue dilly dallying around grin

biolabee:

coogar:

so freaking hilarious, you are something else.
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by coogar: 8:53pm On May 04, 2013
armyofone: grin
thank you, just leave cougar to continue dilly dallying around grin

so freaking hilarious, you are something else.

there's no dilly-dallying here.....
managing wives shouldn't be a big task for men who head conglomerates with 20-150 staff members working under them.
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by biolabee(m): 9:02pm On May 04, 2013
coogar:

there's no dilly-dallying here.....
managing wives shouldn't be a big task for men who head conglomerates with 20-150 staff members working under them.

Thats what its about.. A money matter

A poor man will manage with monogamy while a polygamic poor man has his essential expenditure doubled
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by coogar: 9:13pm On May 04, 2013
biolabee:
Thats what its about.. A money matter

A poor man will manage with monogamy while a polygamic poor man has his essential expenditure doubled

what if one of his wives is actually doing well? where do people get this idea that a poor polygamist cannot get a wife that is financially out of his league?
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by biolabee(m): 9:17pm On May 04, 2013
coogar:

what if one of his wives is actually doing well? where do people get this idea that a poor polygamist cannot get a wife that is financially out of his league?

Good point...why would a woman use her money to sponsor not only her polygamic husband but the brood of the other wife and her rival too..?!
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by coogar: 9:38pm On May 04, 2013
biolabee:
Good point...why would a woman use her money to sponsor not only her polygamic husband but the brood of the other wife and her rival too..?!

ask simbiat abiola(MKO's first wife)
it was in her house abiola first ate "white rice". go and read his autobiography. whatever abiola became later was through her influence and she supported abiola having as many wives and as many babymommas his sëxual appetite could handle.
Re: Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:36pm On May 04, 2013
coogar:

a poor man will die with monogamy as well.

Lol

coogar:

most men are good managers and they can multitask effectively. we do this man-management on a daily basis in our professions - why would it be difficult to apply the same principle with women? cheesy grin

Ok O.

Hmm... I doubt managing a biz empire is same as managing a home or managing 2 wives.

U can fire a staff as u please, but u can't just do the same to your wife. Remember, emotions are involved o. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

For The Single And Searching / Why My Neighbours Think I Am A Yahoo Boy. / Do Yorubas Still Refuse To Marry Omo-igbos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.