Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,292 members, 7,829,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? (54542 Views)

Job Seekers: What Course Did U Study? / What Course Did You Study / Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Allenkee: 7:54pm On May 01, 2013
pleep: AcCOuNTiiNG.... iT WiLL DRiiVE U CrAYzeeee

dOnt TAke Acc if yOu dON't wAn't tO enD UP LiiKe Meeee<EEEEEEE>eeee

THAT IS THE COURSE I'M DYING FOR, I HAVE BEEN IN LOVE WITH ACCOUNTING RIGHT FROM SECONDARY SCHOOL AND THAT IS THE SAME COURSE I'M ASPIRING TO STUDY.

I DON'T MEAN TO INSULT YOU BUT I JUST HAVE TO SAY WHAT'S ON MY MIND RIGHT NOW. IT IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT RUSH TO STUDY ACCOUNTING WITHOUT CARING TO KNOW WHAT THE COURSE WILL DEMAND FROM YOU!

PEOPLE LIKE YOU RUSH TO CHOSE ACCOUNTING THEREBY MAKING THE COURSE VERY COMPETITIVE FOR THOSE THAT LOVE ACCOUNTING TO THE BONE.

JUST IMAGINE, A TOTAL NUMBER OF 14,000+ CANDIDATES CHOSE ACCOUNTING IN YABA COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY FOR THIS YEAR'S ADMISSION, CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW COMPETITIVE THAT WILL BE? KNOWING FULLY WELL THAT THE SCHOOL IS NOT GOING TO ADMIT ABOVE 500 CANDIDATES FOR THE COURSE.

NO HARD FEELINGS AGAINST YOU IN ANYWAY THOUGH.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Azeesco: 8:08pm On May 01, 2013
ItsModella: Philosophy
History
Fishery
Zoology (how someone could go ahead to get a PhD in this field is beyond me)
Forestry

angry angry angry angry angry
Don't include fishery people are making cool money.just know about breeding,feed formation and stocking of fish u don hammer be that lo!
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 01, 2013
dearestsewa: I also studied at UI and had clasmates dat borrowd 4units courses at Arch &Anth. Bt wat we r talking abt is relevance 2d society AT DS TYM.
BTW, did u choose dat course ursef?
We even offer 5 and 6unit courses nd yea,i chose it myself. wanted studying history but didn't do history in my O'level. So had 2 go 4 arch cos history is kinda related 2 it nd i had idea abt arch b4 hand. Abt d relevance,it is ofcourse relevant though i won't deny that its almost of no relevance in Naija.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by abbey2kool: 8:13pm On May 01, 2013
Is Geography and planning science. Ok?
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by ismokeweed1(f): 8:17pm On May 01, 2013
[quote
author=Azeesco]
Don't include fishery people are making cool money.just know about
breeding,feed formation and stocking of fish u don hammer be that
lo![/quote]

didnt GEJ study fishery?
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Sweetlemon(f): 8:23pm On May 01, 2013
Obviously most of the people commenting here are students with no idea of what the outside world looks like. That is why they have the mouth to call courses like mass communication, geology, history, comp sci, useless courses.
Shebi una go graduate nau, then una eye go open and you go see say no be by course but by your class of degree and connections.

1 Like

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by rezzy: 8:31pm On May 01, 2013
rash47: @rezzy

Pls counsel ur sis to kip still and she will come out strong. In the uni, HISTORY remain the widest course after vet. Medicine.

Ok, will do just dat.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Policewoman(f): 8:38pm On May 01, 2013
Zoology
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by rezzy: 8:41pm On May 01, 2013
Vorozing: wat about people readin library n information science,wat wil be there future??
Its a good course, but you need a Masters in it or information technology.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by komek(m): 8:42pm On May 01, 2013
History
Fishery
Forestry

And the person who studied Zoology ended up being ur leader and u with all ur laws, Medicine and sugery, Accounting etc are still under him. Na wa o
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 01, 2013
komek:

And the person who studied Zoology ended up being ur leader and u with all ur laws, Medicine and sugery, Accounting etc are still under him. Na wa o

And even as a leader, the zoologist is still dumb...go figure.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by sapien(m): 8:49pm On May 01, 2013
Zoology!

You might become a president, though; it'll not stop you from being a scumbag, clueless slowpoke and the greatest retardeen that ever existed!
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 01, 2013
Guidance and Counselin, wat a nonsense course
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Monjerk: 8:56pm On May 01, 2013
Dam it! Don't study Masterbation ,I hate dat course, dat course is too difficult n at d end no job. When I was in d Uni, My friend dat was studying d course was always complaining dat d course was too difficult. grin grin grin
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:00pm On May 01, 2013
Sweetlemon: Obviously most of the people commenting here are students with no idea of what the outside world looks like. That is why they have the mouth to call courses like mass communication, geology, history, comp sci, useless courses. .
tellem
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by damoskiy(m): 9:03pm On May 01, 2013
for those that said fisheries is a bad course you don't know anything about the course.i am proud to tell anybody anywhere,anytime and any day that i'm studying fisheries in UNILAG.if you truly want to know the importance of the course do a serious research on the following persons
1. emeritus professor kola kusemiju
2. professor M.A Anetakai.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by PetDancer(f): 9:05pm On May 01, 2013
bory09: Theatre art: is just wasting of years to study theatre art when one will still finish and get to apprentice with an illitrate
phsycology: no one need a phsycology in nigeria because situation of this country is enough for someone to think and reason. independently
food technology: nigeria eat anything they don't think how nutritious it is
computer science: prior to the fact that most successful computer gurus get their knowledge from computer schools and company why waste years in the university
music: so much of musician are not music graduate so far you are talented you are good to go
PHILANTROPIST, IRK, ARABIC: just hate the course
do u even understand d word PSYCHOLOGY?and what makes u think psychology is all abt thinking
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 01, 2013
List of courses i wouldn't advise anyone willing to work in Nigeria to study. This is not because of their relevance, but because of their employability. Most graduate of these courses regret studying them because of the ordeal they went/go through in the labour market.

Veterinary medicine

Zoology

Botany

Biology

Microbiology

Physiology

Anatomy

Physical and health education

Adult education

Fishery

Crop science

Soil science

Psychology

Sociology and anthropology

History

Biochemistry

Political science

Business admin

International relations and diplomacy

Languages (foreign and local)

Law

Christian religious studies

Horticulture

Environmental science and
toxicology

Geography and regional planning

Urban development

Agric engineering

Mass communication

Theater arts

Music

more to come. . .

1 Like

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Allenkee: 9:18pm On May 01, 2013
HAVEN'T YOU GUYS SEEN YORUBA GRADUATES WORKING IN BANKS? NO COURSE IS USELESS SO FAR YOU UPGRADED YOURSELF AWAY FROM O'LEVEL
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by IgweOO(m): 9:19pm On May 01, 2013
Traditional Medicine and Carpentry,
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by dusty84(m): 9:20pm On May 01, 2013
DJDOLA: Medcine
mumu u well sooo?
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Goddex: 9:21pm On May 01, 2013
History
Fishery
Zoology
Forestry

Are u alright? The last three are actually very lucrative fields.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by rezzy: 9:29pm On May 01, 2013
Monjerk: Dam it! Don't study Masterbation ,I hate dat course, dat course is too difficult n at d end no job. When I was in d Uni, My friend dat was studying d course was always complaining dat d course was too difficult. grin grin grin

Do u mean it?I doubt.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by nenergy(m): 9:36pm On May 01, 2013
Public Administration. Not needed in the light of Nigeria's politics.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by rezzy: 9:39pm On May 01, 2013
bettymafy: List of courses i wouldn't advise anyone willing to work in Nigeria to study. This is not because of their relevance, but because of their employability. Most graduate of these courses regret studying them because of the ordeal they went/go through in the labour market.

Veterinary medicine

Zoology

Botany

Biology

Microbiology

Physiology

Fishery

Crop science

Soil science

Psychology

Sociology and anthropology

History

Biochemistry

Political science

Business admin

International relations and diplomacy

Languages (foreign and local)

more to come. . .

@ d bolded, i have a friend that studied that course and did IGSCE and just had a masters. My dear, he is earning good pay working as a secondary school teacher. Infact, he left his former school where he taught A- Level students to a secondary school because of the pay. Only private lesson is close to 50k. He so much believe in upgrading oneself.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by NeuroBoss(m): 9:51pm On May 01, 2013
History
Fishery
Forestry

Woman, I'm a zoologist with bias in aquaculture. Decieve yourself into believing some courses are not worth their time. Continuing revelling in a Fool's paradise. You need to see me in real life and it won't take you a minute to apologise. I'm doing very well for myself.
If you really want to know more than just reading meaning to courses by their names, it will stupify you to know that there are areas of zoology that gets you working in oil companies, hospitals, research institutes, oceanography and more importantly set you up as an entrepreneur. You're free to quote me if you really want to learn. The french were right when they say, ''Celui qui veut se montrer savant finira par montrer sa folie''

1 Like

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by susay2006: 9:51pm On May 01, 2013
History
Fishery
Forestry

nothing is wrong with Zoology o... U beta think well b4 putting just anything here
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by laykhorn(m): 9:59pm On May 01, 2013
History
Fishery
Forestry

I really disagree with you on those courses.
First, note that no knowledge iis waisted or irrelevant...
Now, If Brazil could earn more than $385billion from Fishing in their coast(Pacific Ocean) in 2012 making it their main earning source of the year, tell me what stops Nigeria from earnin its own part from d Atlantic Ocean. Why dont we even have Ministries for all this Fishing, Entertainment etc. Without more ado, this things are resources our dear Country has abandoned or should I say been Obstructed for non-renewable sources like Petroleum
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Ezeufi: 10:08pm On May 01, 2013
Don't do a degree in Michael Jackson studies.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Mgbadike80: 10:10pm On May 01, 2013
Whether we like it or not courses like history, anthropology, soil science etc are not highly sought after by employers nor do they give u much skills to earn a living. Even in the usa, the most unemployment prone set of college graduates are those from arts and social sciences. Most universities abroad no longer offer this courses.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by danaz(m): 10:11pm On May 01, 2013
Medicine..
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Bome01(m): 10:17pm On May 01, 2013
Crop improvement

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men / Career Websites In Nigeria: From Banks To Oil To Recruitment To Govt Etc. / Difference Between A Cover Letter And An Application Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.