Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? (54476 Views)

Job Seekers: What Course Did U Study? / What Course Did You Study / Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by wonlasewonimi: 6:00pm On May 01, 2013
Go study horology bro. You go just open kiosk for sura dey repair watches

1 Like

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by zugoboss(m): 6:02pm On May 01, 2013
Political science.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by nat138: 6:04pm On May 01, 2013
topmostg: Criminology

Like seriously! you sat in front of your computer or looked at your mobile device and typed criminology!!!! (I have died from shock). Please if you don't know what Criminology is about, ask around okay. If not for the kind of society we live in, shouldn't criminologists be the ones flooding our SSS and Police force.

I believe in general that there is no useless course, what ever further studies you do after a bachelors will actually determine future career prospects, that is if the career prospects are to be tied down to what is actually studied.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Phonon: 6:04pm On May 01, 2013
I am not saying graduates of other disciplines can't perform the said role;I was just mentioning jobs, amongst others that Physics graduates can get.Besides,if it were up to me,I would consider a physics graduate before an actuarial science graduate if they both fit the job profile.
ajasa4link: @ †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ bold part, I think Ȋ̝̊̅†̥'s those who studied acturial science(actuarist) who perform that function i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ nigeria..

1 Like

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Ikwerefistson: 6:07pm On May 01, 2013
ItsModella: Philosophy
History
Fishery
Zoology (how someone could go ahead to get a PhD in this field is beyond me)
Forestry

angry angry angry angry angry
babalawo studies.juju matics as a perequsite,kidnapology,bank roberology,boko haramology
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by rash47(m): 6:08pm On May 01, 2013
@rezzy

Pls counsel ur sis to kip still and she will come out strong. In the uni, HISTORY remain the widest course after vet. Medicine.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 01, 2013
Hi-Dee:

It's certainly beyond you because you are either primodial or uninformed.

That you don't know the value of a course of study or discipline shouldn't mean you must denigrate people who commit to them.

Go get a thorough education dude/gal, it pays.
Believe me when I say that the education I'm getting now is more than you'll ever get in your lifetime...fool.

1 Like

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by lakesider(m): 6:09pm On May 01, 2013
biblical study,statistics has shown that the easiest way to be come a celebrity billionaire in Nigeria is opening a church
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Torch1(m): 6:09pm On May 01, 2013
Is political science a good course to study?
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by 50calibre(m): 6:10pm On May 01, 2013
jackbauerspower:

I get you though.

This is a classic common ground moment.

Salutations bruddah

Yeah sure! Same to you bro
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 01, 2013
Imagine some1 calling a very vast,demanding nd enlightening course as Archaeology obsolete. That's what i'm studying in UI and i can categorically tell you how emcompassing it is. Pple jst talk about what they don't know sha.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Mcleo007(m): 6:13pm On May 01, 2013
kennyonthrone: philosophy shouldn't b dia its a nice course if u ve eva interacted wit u won't put it dia.....soso love dia thinkin d re grt thinkers

Whoever included Philosophy on the list needs a brain check. I'm a graduate of Philosophy, and so chose the course out of the passion I have for rational thinking and free mindedness. My parents supported me tho. I chose the course not because I wnt to seek employment upon graduation, but to be an employer of labour, which I'm course for.

1 Like

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Harrypoter(m): 6:14pm On May 01, 2013
I believe there is no course that is not worth studying. We all should know that iy all comes with destiny & no 1 can escape it! Whichever course o discipline you take, dats your destiny whetr you like it or not if God wants to bless it he will.....#Gbam
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by busayordench(m): 6:17pm On May 01, 2013
denony: Geology -
Your ignorance is beyond human comprehension.What part of the planet are you from? Geology is one of the most lucrative courses on earth as it studies the earth itself.Geology includes;Mineral exploration,Petroleum Geology,Hydrogeology,Petrology,Stratigraphy,Paleontology,Structural Geology,Geochemistry,Engineering Geology,Sedimentology,Mineralogy & Marine Geology.These various fields are vital to human existense immensely in areas such as;borehole drilling for potable water,oilwell drilling for hydrocarbon exploration,mining of mineral ores,road construction etc.So Mr denony,you must be living in oblivion & precambrian era
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 01, 2013
Malubi: Archeology and or History.
Haba my broda, did u typed dis courses based on relevance or job opportunities? I guess its cos of d later. Even at that,whoever know what he/she is doing nd graduates with a good grade will never,i repeat NEVER lack a job. Go get ur facts straight b4 commenting on what u dnt knw
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 01, 2013
Haba my broda, did u typed those courses based on relevance or job opportunities? I guess its cos of d later. Even at that,whoever know what he/she is doing nd graduates with a good grade will never,i repeat NEVER lack a job. Go get ur facts straight b4 commenting on what u dnt knw
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Ehimax(m): 6:21pm On May 01, 2013
hotbabe001: Any body dat studied Estate management u are on ur own because agents no go allow u see road.

Big property owners don't use agents dats were the real moni is. Many ppl here are commenting ignorantly angry
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 01, 2013
busayordench: Your ignorance is beyond human comprehension.What part of the planet are you from? Geology is one of the most lucrative courses on earth as it studies the earth itself.Geology includes;Mineral exploration,Petroleum Geology,Hydrogeology,Petrology,Stratigraphy,Paleontology,Structural Geology,Geochemistry,Engineering Geology,Sedimentology,Mineralogy & Marine Geology.These various fields are vital to human existense immensely in areas such as;borehole drilling for potable water,oilwell drilling for hydrocarbon exploration,mining of mineral ores,road construction etc.So Mr denony,you must be living in oblivion & precambrian era

I was gonna say geology buh when I saw this. . . . . . . . .

*sighs*
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by vizboy(m): 6:24pm On May 01, 2013
I searched, searched and searched but couldnt find any course that a'int important
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 01, 2013

the late Ikemba Nnewi, Professor Kenneth Dike, etc. were historians
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by afroxyz: 6:25pm On May 01, 2013
Average Nigerian mentality. Rather than discuss how to be Job creators, we are haggling over how to be job seekers. Go to school, read hard and get a job. Rats in a rat race. SMH

1 Like

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by colane(m): 6:26pm On May 01, 2013
There is no career that guarantees success in life. love in what you are doing only does.
Look out for your passion, and commit the rest of your life following it.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by busayordench(m): 6:26pm On May 01, 2013
Your ignorance is beyond human comprehension.What part of the planet are you from? Geology is one of the most lucrative courses on earth as it studies the earth itself.Geology includes;Mineral exploration,Petroleum Geology,Hydrogeology,Petrology,Stratigraphy,Paleontology,Structural Geology,Geochemistry,Engineering Geology,Sedimentology,Mineralogy & Marine Geology.These various fields are vital to human existense immensely in areas such as;borehole drilling for potable water,oilwell drilling for hydrocarbon exploration,mining of mineral ores,road construction etc.So Mr archaic,you must be living in oblivion & precambrian era

1 Like

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by BANGASOUP1: 6:27pm On May 01, 2013
Phonon: This question is one that has many answers.In an ideal situation,people should study what they believe they have the flair and aptitude for.Nigeria does present peculiar circumstances.The economic reality on the ground has to match your choice of what course to study.I see many young people who have the intelligence to be rocket scientists studying Medicine (with all due respect to the profession).Parents are the number one problem because they push their naive children into studying what they think would give them a job immediately they graduate without finding out if their children have the ability to handle such.The usual suspects:Medicine,Law,Engineering,Accounting.

I would not say there is any course that is 'bad' to study but it would not make any sense to study Anthropology in Nigeria and after graduation you start complaining that you have not found a job.
Our universities churn out a large number of engineering,medical and law graduates yearly and the key question is,"how many of these graduates work in an organisation directly related to their field of study?"

The best way to know what course to study(if your interest is to get a meal ticket after graduation) is to take a look at the present job market and see if your desired course is in high demand.If it is not,GOOD LUCK.
abeg summarise am
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by mbhs139(m): 6:29pm On May 01, 2013
copy&paste:
All courses in Nigeria except (Music and Entertainment Technology). Can't you see the way Government bodies, Private Organizations (Etisalat, Glo, Mtn), Private Individuals are pumping money into Entertainment Industry. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

CFCfan:

I tell you. The entertainment industry in Nigeria is huge! Nollywood has to be amongst the highest employers of labour in Naija.

Honestly, you see this entertainment industry and its boom will not do us any good.

Recall that the United States, in its history, pumped money and fame into sports and entertainment and channeled the blacks attention to these areas. The aim is to remove their attention from the areas that moves and sustain the economy, so as to make the whites to continue to be in control.

1 Like

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by vanitty: 6:29pm On May 01, 2013
Biomedical science in today's UK job market.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by arck1: 6:31pm On May 01, 2013
Reality101 guy u nmust really be a learner for mentioning ARCHITECTURE!if u really knw ur way in architecture mehn sky is d limit
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by MaziOmenuko: 6:36pm On May 01, 2013
tensazangetsu: what do you guys think of marine engineering

You mean the study of mermaids and other marine spirits? Lol
#just teasing. . .#

Marine engr is an off-shoot of Mechanical Engr. Only Rsut and one other school offers the course separately, which I think is a bad idea.
A mech engr will be versatile with plant maintenance and operations: including airplanes (aeronotics engr), ships and other marine plants (marine engr), Agric equipments: harvesters, incubators and others (agric engr).

So instead of going for a degree in Marine engr, go for one in Mech engr.

Thank me latercheesy
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Roliks09: 6:37pm On May 01, 2013
Idokojimmy:
Its unfortunate that some people without firm grip of the rudiments of logic identify philosophy with this thread, when they Should be recommending it to nigerians leaders. When Plato said the state will know no peace untill a philosopher king emerges, he was only saying good leadership which nigeria clamor for can be easily solved with philosophy. What then does philosophy offer? Branches of philo like ethics will teach leaders morality, with it, assassinations and corruption will wither. Logic will teach them systematic reasoning, which will erode policies that have no direct bearing on the masses. Political philosophy will teach them the best pol. Theory and how best it can be applied. Aesthetics will assist us in our tourism. Metaphysics will reveal the existence of a being beyond d empirical, which could as well guide human actions.

The ancient greek became bad as a result of lack of virtue. Socrates d only upright man was sentenced to death. Plato established d first university where he taught athenians philosophy so as to correct d ills associated with the state. Now we have an undesired society even though its getting better. But d truth is, philosophy cures all.
Thank you so much! Going through the posts, I shudder at the level of ignorancd exhibited. And this is bad. Someone even mentioned soil science. And we really want to improve the agricultural sector yeah? Then, we'd run to some research institute outside the country on which crop is good for which region. Its bad! Again and again, its the government's fault- sucessive ones have refused to plan. Every course was borne out of a need in the society. Lets all look at our course of study from that perspective. Tertiary education has been wrongly viewed as a ticket to affluence,and that's wrong.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by bolayei: 6:39pm On May 01, 2013
bad guy lol (GEJ)
ItsModella: Philosophy
History
Fishery
Zoology (how someone could go ahead to get a PhD in this field is beyond me)
Forestry

angry angry angry angry angry
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by herkeem: 6:43pm On May 01, 2013
Every course is important and relevant, but what matter most is how you develop yourself. As for me am $TúÐýíÑg í$しâmíç $TúÐíë$ íÑ THë úÑíVëR$íTý ôF íßâÐâÑ, âÑÐ âm ëÑJôýíÑg íT çô$T í çHô$ë íT FôR mý$ëしF âÑÐ þRâýíÑg ßý Ð Ðâý $ô THâT gôÐ wíしし þúT ßしë$$íÑg$ THëRë FôR me. þしëâ$ë Ðô me â FâVôúR âÑÐ $âý amin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Salary For Arik Air Workers / Nairalanders, What Do You Know About UAAG Grant Disbursement? / The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.