Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,780 members, 7,831,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (427080 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by worry359(m): 12:25pm On Oct 30, 2013
Nearly the end of October and no new USA visa lottery draw!

Where is OBAMOWAMMER who has promised all year on here that this would happen?

He needs to appologise to all forumites for his statements.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 12:25pm On Oct 30, 2013
cheesy cheesy grin grin ;Dhmmm! nervous, anxiety, dnt even knw jare.. cheesy

my hrt beat always beat faster wen ever i pass tru America Embassy, cos its behind my office
.... will b talkn TO mysef... coming here soon
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Vikktorr(m): 12:32pm On Oct 30, 2013
buklan4real@yah:

my hrt beat always beat faster wen ever i pass tru America Embassy, cos its behind my office

My case exactly. Hehehe
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Vikktorr(m): 12:36pm On Oct 30, 2013
@G2Glory, Congrats. Go and live the American dream with your Family. Give your kids the best education they can ever get. God bless you. I key into your success, but as a single dude sha. Hehehe *winks*
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Malcolm28(m): 12:36pm On Oct 30, 2013
Congratulations to you and the family. Indeed, really happy for you. Thanks for sharing vividly the experience which is invaluable to us going in for interview soon. God's grace as you prepare for the journey into God's own Country.

G2Glory: My Fellow Forumities,
Good morning to you all and we are highly excited to inform the house that we had a successful & wonderful interview this morning.

It is the Lord's doing & it's marvelous in our sight. I am very grateful for the exprience/advice shared on this forum. By the grace of God almighty we shall all end with shouting of rejoicing in Jesus name.

Now, our Itinerary:

Pre_interview Activities:
- All documentation were properly arranged with Principal applicant leading.
- Ensured the originals & Photocopies (Birth certificate, Police report, School Certificates & Medicals) are in order.
- We ensure no document(s) was missing & did a thourogh check before leaving.
- We had a review all the forms sent KCC & had a dry run interview with my spouse for consistency.
- We got the children involved by reminding them of their birthdays.
-We prayed & sought for God's favour & help before leaving home.
-We had a baby after sending our forms to KCC & we had notified them (LagosIV) before the interview date.
-We prepared his own DS230 form & presented it at the venue.
- We left home early enough & arrived at embassy by 5.45am and drove in with the entire family.

At the Embassy:
By 6am, we moved in & there was a briefing & 2 lines were formed for Immigrant & Non-Immigrant
- Were instructed to remove phones, electronic gadgets, oil, liquid, metal object but i was allowed in with my car key.
- Were instructed to please open your medical envelopes (All seal envelopes must be opened & failure to do that point may resulted in turning you back - pls be attentive to the instruction)
- At first point: Principal applicant was called & requested for 2NL, then we were given a slip for payment, blue tags & number was given to us.
- Another slip was given to us to fill in Principal applicant name, email & Address.
- Next we got seated & waited for security checks (Pls ensure you abide the instruction to do away those items that are forbidden).
- We moved inside for final security check (scanning machine) before we were ushered into the hall.
- As you entered, you will be given a number that will serve you for the day. Immigrant applicant were other to seat separately.
- We waited patiently until they called our number for payment - we did that in USD & issued a receipt (don't misplace it).
- We got seated & waited for sometime before they started attending to Immigrant visa.
- About six(6) families came this morning & first two families were granted.
- About few minutes to 9am, my spouse was called & moved toward the counter with new baby & i was called as well.
- We were told to raise up our right hand make an oath to say the truth & we did accordingly. All forms were given to us to sign & either of us signed for the children.
- Our fingreprints were taken. I was instructed to go & sit down while my spouse was to be interviewed.
- The conversation goes thus:

CO: Your name?
Spouse: Answer according

CO: when did u get married?
Spouse: Answer accordingly

CO: Where do u work & what is your role?
Spouse:Answer accordingly

CO: You had a baby after submitting your form to KCC & what are the proof to show?
Spouse: DS 230 form was submitted & signed there, we presented the photograph for naming, church dedication, photograph showing family members with us during the naming, etc

CO: Have been to US?
Spouse: No

Now the CO called me for clarification:
CO: Have u been to US before?
Me: No

CO: You have a valid visa & why have you not used it?
Me: I explained that i was to go for a conference but had to postpone to later date.

CO: She said CONRATULATIONS. Brought 2 papers & handed it over to my spouse & explained what we need to do. All our originals were returned.

Spouse: Bursted to laughter & we gave all glory to GOD for this milestone.

Lesson & Advice for Others:

- I saw someone that came with passport phoograph that did not meet specification. Pls adhere to instruction. The person was lucky & was told to go out & take a correct one.

- Someone international passport dropped from his enveloped & never knew only for someone to find it & return it to the security guys.

-Pls avoid anything that can put on pressure & ensure that you arrnge your document very well.

- For us, they did not collect the photocpies of police report i strongly advice you go with it on the day of interview.
- Stay focus & don't manipulate in any way & by the grace of GOD we all stand 99.999% of getting if you meet the requirement.

More gist later, i need to go - GOD us all.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ogundipeola: 12:41pm On Oct 30, 2013
G2Glory: My Fellow Forumities,
Good morning to you all and we are highly excited to inform the house that we had a successful & wonderful interview this morning.

It is the Lord's doing & it's marvelous in our sight. I am very grateful for the exprience/advice shared on this forum. By the grace of God almighty we shall all end with shouting of rejoicing in Jesus name.

Now, our Itinerary:

Pre_interview Activities:
- All documentation were properly arranged with Principal applicant leading.
- Ensured the originals & Photocopies (Birth certificate, Police report, School Certificates & Medicals) are in order.
- We ensure no document(s) was missing & did a thourogh check before leaving.
- We had a review all the forms sent KCC & had a dry run interview with my spouse for consistency.
- We got the children involved by reminding them of their birthdays.
-We prayed & sought for God's favour & help before leaving home.
-We had a baby after sending our forms to KCC & we had notified them (LagosIV) before the interview date.
-We prepared his own DS230 form & presented it at the venue.
- We left home early enough & arrived at embassy by 5.45am and drove in with the entire family.

At the Embassy:
By 6am, we moved in & there was a briefing & 2 lines were formed for Immigrant & Non-Immigrant
- Were instructed to remove phones, electronic gadgets, oil, liquid, metal object but i was allowed in with my car key.
- Were instructed to please open your medical envelopes (All seal envelopes must be opened & failure to do that point may resulted in turning you back - pls be attentive to the instruction)
- At first point: Principal applicant was called & requested for 2NL, then we were given a slip for payment, blue tags & number was given to us.
- Another slip was given to us to fill in Principal applicant name, email & Address.
- Next we got seated & waited for security checks (Pls ensure you abide the instruction to do away those items that are forbidden).
- We moved inside for final security check (scanning machine) before we were ushered into the hall.
- As you entered, you will be given a number that will serve you for the day. Immigrant applicant were other to seat separately.
- We waited patiently until they called our number for payment - we did that in USD & issued a receipt (don't misplace it).
- We got seated & waited for sometime before they started attending to Immigrant visa.
- About six(6) families came this morning & first two families were granted.
- About few minutes to 9am, my spouse was called & moved toward the counter with new baby & i was called as well.
- We were told to raise up our right hand make an oath to say the truth & we did accordingly. All forms were given to us to sign & either of us signed for the children.
- Our fingreprints were taken. I was instructed to go & sit down while my spouse was to be interviewed.
- The conversation goes thus:

CO: Your name?
Spouse: Answer according

CO: when did u get married?
Spouse: Answer accordingly

CO: Where do u work & what is your role?
Spouse:Answer accordingly

CO: You had a baby after submitting your form to KCC & what are the proof to show?
Spouse: DS 230 form was submitted & signed there, we presented the photograph for naming, church dedication, photograph showing family members with us during the naming, etc

CO: Have been to US?
Spouse: No

Now the CO called me for clarification:
CO: Have u been to US before?
Me: No

CO: You have a valid visa & why have you not used it?
Me: I explained that i was to go for a conference but had to postpone to later date.

CO: She said CONRATULATIONS. Brought 2 papers & handed it over to my spouse & explained what we need to do. All our originals were returned.

Spouse: Bursted to laughter & we gave all glory to GOD for this milestone.

Lesson & Advice for Others:

- I saw someone that came with passport phoograph that did not meet specification. Pls adhere to instruction. The person was lucky & was told to go out & take a correct one.

- Someone international passport dropped from his enveloped & never knew only for someone to find it & return it to the security guys.

-Pls avoid anything that can put on pressure & ensure that you arrnge your document very well.

- For us, they did not collect the photocpies of police report i strongly advice you go with it on the day of interview.
- Stay focus & don't manipulate in any way & by the grace of GOD we all stand 99.999% of getting if you meet the requirement.

More gist later, i need to go - GOD us all.

Congrats G2GLORY, your testimony is marvelous,so happy for your family,may God perfect the remaining part of ur journey to the dream land,pls do not hesitate to compare your flight ticket with me whenever you are ready..you can reach me on 08028529866.LARRY

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by nubian269: 1:13pm On Oct 30, 2013
Madu77:

My brother, I had a mail from them to download form ds230, fill it, get all prove for the birth of the new baby(NPC birth certificate, ante natal record of ur wife if posible scan record plus all pixs showing ceremony for the baby). I nearly made a mistake by send the form I filled and I quickly went to fedex to stop the mail and retrieved it. I had written them that I had a baby even when I filled my form I indicated that my wife was pregnant.
Hope these clears the air

@Madu77 thanks for the reply. However are you suggesting that I shouldn't send the DS230 forms for the baby to KCC again? Secondly I wrote KCC a few weeks before my wife put to bed of the situation and their reply was the auto-response email telling me to fill new forms and attach all relevant documents. My wife actually put to bed a two weeks ago and like I mentioned I won't be current until January or February. Kindly help she'd more light on this. Thanx
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 1:13pm On Oct 30, 2013
buklan4real@yah:

If U are destined to be there, there are many ways. Don't bother!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 1:53pm On Oct 30, 2013
nubian269:

@Madu77 thanks for the reply. However are you suggesting that I shouldn't send the DS230 forms for the baby to KCC again? Secondly I wrote KCC a few weeks before my wife put to bed of the situation and their reply was the auto-response email telling me to fill new forms and attach all relevant documents. My wife actually put to bed a two weeks ago and like I mentioned I won't be current until January or February. Kindly help she'd more light on this. Thanx

fill d form for d baby to b on a safer side pls
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 1:54pm On Oct 30, 2013
smiley
komakan: If U are destined to be there, there are many ways. Don't bother!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jollyiwin(m): 2:35pm On Oct 30, 2013
kevwe_flex:

Good morning. Please give her the link to where she can download the form. She needs Adobe Reader XI to be able to fill the form on the system, save it before printing it. Then she will sign the part she has to sign i.e. Part I of the form and leave Part II. After that, she'd need to send the form as well as her passports photograph to you, so that you include it with yours before sending it to KCC via courier which you can track. Never send yours separately and hers later; disqualification.
Take care.
great ideal there, but i disagree with the ideal of carrier if you ask me i will say you should send the package by email it will save you alot you know. Just giving advice oh this is a forum you know !
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 3:50pm On Oct 30, 2013
hello House, i'm new here can someone welcome me? (smiles) my spouse is one of the winners on DV2014 lottery....what do we need to know?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Justme2003: 4:02pm On Oct 30, 2013
@G2Glory
Congrats on your visa selection. Your testimony is quite a revealing one.
Hope final phase is in top gear for you and your family members to experience a white xmas.

God will favour you as you search for flights, accomodation and the rest of documentation process.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Justme2003: 4:10pm On Oct 30, 2013
buklan4real@yah:

The righteous are as bold as a lion.
As long as your documentation are correct and intact, the interview is just a mere appearance to verify if it is truly you.

Only be courteous, compose and confident; even at the face of mistake; put up a smile. I forgot my primary place of assignment for my NYSC when asked and was just saying emm, emm, but with a smile. Obviously the CO knew it was over-preparation and just laughed! Be yourself even when waiting to be called and it will turn out well! Congratulations in advance Bro.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 4:17pm On Oct 30, 2013
Justme2003:

The righteous are as bold as a lion.
As long as your documentation are correct and intact, the interview is just a mere appearance to verify if it is truly you.

Only be courteous, compose and confident; even at the face of mistake; put up a smile. I forgot my primary place of assignment for my NYSC when asked and was just saying emm, emm, but with a smile. Obviously the CO knew it was over-preparation and just laughed! Be yourself even when waiting to be called and it will turn out well! Congratulations in advance Bro.

Thanks.. (((hugs)))

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Madu77(m): 4:25pm On Oct 30, 2013
nubian269:

please read the testimony or interview of G2glory for more prove. You wrote them to let them know, fine. Even when I filled the form I told them that my wife was pregnant and later told them that she put to bed. If u send that form, it may shift your interview date. I will be current January by God's grace and I retrieved the mail I sent to Kcc via fedex because their reply said that I should come with passport for baby, visa fee, filled ds230 for for her and proves of birth. Try to be wise
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by tosinjoe(m): 4:27pm On Oct 30, 2013
jollyiwin: great ideal there, but i disagree with the ideal of carrier if you ask me i will say you should send the package by email it will save you alot you know. Just giving advice oh this is a forum you know !
aint a bad idea too thanks, I'll weigh options, thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bukiemma(m): 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2013
buklan4real@yah:

Hi miss yankee wink , I just requested to be ur friend on facebook, kindly accept my request. Name is Oladipupo Emmanuel, tnx
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 5:13pm On Oct 30, 2013
You are warmly welcome grin
To start with, you may visit http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4756.html
OR
www.dvselectee.state.gov

Those websites have information on the forms to fill, i.e DSP 122 & DS 230
If you have further questions, then feel free to ask
Pls feel at home here, we are all here to share Ideas & help each other

ItyRoyal: hello House, i'm new here can someone welcome me? (smiles) my spouse is one of the winners on DV2014 lottery....what do we need to know?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by G2Glory(m): 5:29pm On Oct 30, 2013
buklan4real@yah:

All is well. Just exactly like mine, i passed their in the morning & evening when going home. Do you what?

Any time i passed their, i alway prayed & declared uncommon favour - true it came to pass. Fear for nothing, do your possible best & leave the rest to almighty God.

You & others will surely testify at your appointed time IJN
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by G2Glory(m): 5:36pm On Oct 30, 2013
smiley smiley
okeymen:

Congrats men.

I hope you don"t mind working for CNN cos thats what fits you...and dont worry, its not the same as working for NTA Ikeja grin

Thank you, appreciate but i am an engineer. wink
okeymen:

Congrats men.

I hope you don"t mind working for CNN cos thats what fits you...and dont worry, its not the same as working for NTA Ikeja grin

Thank you, appreciate but i am an engineer.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maikeal: 9:02pm On Oct 30, 2013
G2glory, am so happy for u, ernestleon and the others who have had succeful interviews... I know that my own interview and everybodys interview will be like yours in Jesus name, amen

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 10:20pm On Oct 30, 2013
jollyiwin: great ideal there, but i disagree with the ideal of carrier if you ask me i will say you should send the package by email it will save you alot you know. Just giving advice oh this is a forum you know !

Yeah email is good as well because it is cheaper and faster. But I have my reservations on it when submitting forms the first time. I prefer using email for updates later. My take also. Just personal though.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by olutola1: 7:44am On Oct 31, 2013
kevwe_flex:

Yeah email is good as well because it is cheaper and faster. But I have my reservations on it when submitting forms the first time. I prefer using email for updates later. My take also. Just personal though.
kindly note that KCC wouldn't accept any email attachment. Just saying cause I don't know which forms you talking about. Wishing you the best.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 8:10am On Oct 31, 2013
olutola1: kindly note that KCC wouldn't accept any email attachment. Just saying cause I don't know which forms you talking about. Wishing you the best.

Where do you get that from?
It's only LagosIV@state.gov that does not accept attachment, don't give mis-leading information pls

You may post your proof if you disagree
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 9:05am On Oct 31, 2013
olutola1: kindly note that KCC wouldn't accept any email attachment. Just saying cause I don't know which forms you talking about. Wishing you the best.

No, you are wrong. Where did they state that? A lot of applicants have submitted their forms via email and it was updated. So please explain in case I am getting you wrong.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 9:06am On Oct 31, 2013
Obatide:

Where do you get that from?
It's only LagosIV@state.gov that does not accept attachment, don't give mis-leading information pls

You may post your proof if you disagree

Yes. Thank you o jare.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by candytos: 10:29am On Oct 31, 2013
Obatide: Happy weekend to everybody, GOD blessed my family with a new baby recently and I have been busy with some other schedules recently, that's why I have not posted here since.

Congratulations to all members who got their 2nd NL recently including my family's own that came the second day after birth of our new baby, God will grant us all, successful interview.

To those who have gone for medicals & police reports, congrats, may we all have successful interview by God's Grace.

However, I observed the low percentage of interview testimonies here in this October, is it that people were not that current or they are concealing the works of GOD?

Lets endeavor to share as they all help others

Congratulations on the addition to ur family. because of Jacob God blessed Laban, because of this bundle of joy God will bless n take ur family to ur desired city in the USA IJN amen.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by eduson33(m): 10:48am On Oct 31, 2013
National Diploma hold ++ other IT certs,what should i fill in educational level for DV lottery?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 11:11am On Oct 31, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
bukiemma:

Hi miss yankee wink , I just requested to be ur friend on facebook, kindly accept my request. Name is Oladipupo Emmanuel, tnx

Are u serious? dats was my maiden name*OLADIPUPO*
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bukiemma(m): 2:03pm On Oct 31, 2013
buklan4real@yah:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Are u serious? dats was my maiden name*OLADIPUPO*

thats my surname
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 2:28pm On Oct 31, 2013
candytos:

Congratulations on the addition to ur family. because of Jacob God blessed Laban, because of this bundle of joy God will bless n take ur family to ur desired city in the USA IJN amen.

Ameeeeeen & Thanks bro.
wishing you all the best too

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.