Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (426059 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maikeal: 9:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
Am so happy for you... God that did it for u, will surely do it for me and every member in this thread.. I love u all.....
Darhmee: Hi guys.. so here was how it started.. I did the visa lottery for myself as the principal and my mom as the principal back then. So when my mom won, the only the only thing i have was the confirmation number.. i wasnt sure if i registered my dad and my siblings with her but with faith, we continued the processing. My dad didn't want to go with us because he has businesses he is running here in NIgeria and also, my older brother is over-aged. So, i and my mom decided to do the processing for just the both of us.
However, because of the rareness of our case, people said we will be turned down, they said we will be rejected bla bla but i and mom paid them no listening ears.. That really helped!

So today, our interview was for 7am, we got there 5:45am, and at about 6:15, we were told to line up, we did security checks, people's powder, phones, sharp objects, liquid, charger, containers were disposed..(please do not bring any of these with u to the embassy, its an lot of trouble finding how to dispose them).

So at about 8am, we were inside the hall, my mom paid for the both of us and when it was time for submission of document, the woman in charge told my mom to go out and take another passport photograph because the one she has with her was with a blue background. So my mom went out and the cheapest rate she could find for 6 passport photograph was N2000!! Can u imagine?!.

So she brought the passport and while we were submitting our document, the woman asked why my dad wasnt included in the first submission and my mom said it was because he wasn't interested, the woman shook her head! Right there, i had thought we would be rejected.

So at about 10:15, our number beeped on window 17.. the CO was a beautiful and young black American
She told us to swear, took our fingerprints and then the conversation below ensued
CO: what is ur name ma'am
My Mom: xxxx
CO: Did u fill the lottery form urself
MM: Yes
CO: So why is ur sister here with you:
MM: She is not my sister, she is my daughter ((we both laughed)
CO: OMG.. Im so sorry.. Wow madam.. u look so young and she is gorgeous
MM and I: Thank you, u look beautiful too
CO:. Who is philip and why is he not going with u
MM.. he is my husband and bla bla
CO: what is your highest level of education
MM.. bla bla
So she excused herself for a minute, came back, typed some things into the computer, gave us 2 sheets of paper.. (i was already jumping by then lol). She then said, your visa has been approved, pick up this this this that.. i wasnt listening anymore cheesy

So guys im not gonna lie to you, i and my mom prayed and fasted for days before attending that interview.. we even went to a 7 nights vigil that ended last SUnday.. If not for prayers and God's favour, we wopuld have been denied. Please lets prepare ourselves and pray to the God/gods we believe in.

I thank every member of this page.. i dont want to mention names cos i appreciate you ALL.. God bless and i wish the people who are yet to go for their interview SUCCESS SUCESS SUCESS..

Cheers!

PS: Malcom 28 and ayodim.. big congrats to your family.. we were at the embassy the same time, can you describe yourselves? i was the lady with the cream blazer and my mom is the one with the african fabric jacket smiley
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 9:35pm On Dec 03, 2013
ajibiola:

But av filled the DS as married before so won't dey think I went to arrange for a certificate or should I wait till d time they send the interview date?

Ok, if this is the case, did u fill a form for you wife too?
If yes, then u don't need worry abt sending marriage cert to them but
pls get it handy together with all important doc to show you've being
married before the initial entry in Oct 2012

But if have not filled the form for your wife then you will have to do so or
they even contact u to do so.

I hope this help
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 9:38pm On Dec 03, 2013
Darhmee: Hi guys.. so here was how it started.. I did the visa lottery for myself as the principal and my mom as the principal back then. So when my mom won, the only the only thing i have was the confirmation number.. i wasnt sure if i registered my dad and my siblings with her but with faith, we continued the processing. My dad didn't want to go with us because he has businesses he is running here in NIgeria and also, my older brother is over-aged. So, i and my mom decided to do the processing for just the both of us.
However, because of the rareness of our case, people said we will be turned down, they said we will be rejected bla bla but i and mom paid them no listening ears.. That really helped!

So today, our interview was for 7am, we got there 5:45am, and at about 6:15, we were told to line up, we did security checks, people's powder, phones, sharp objects, liquid, charger, containers were disposed..(please do not bring any of these with u to the embassy, its an lot of trouble finding how to dispose them).

So at about 8am, we were inside the hall, my mom paid for the both of us and when it was time for submission of document, the woman in charge told my mom to go out and take another passport photograph because the one she has with her was with a blue background. So my mom went out and the cheapest rate she could find for 6 passport photograph was N2000!! Can u imagine?!.

So she brought the passport and while we were submitting our document, the woman asked why my dad wasnt included in the first submission and my mom said it was because he wasn't interested, the woman shook her head! Right there, i had thought we would be rejected.

So at about 10:15, our number beeped on window 17.. the CO was a beautiful and young black American
She told us to swear, took our fingerprints and then the conversation below ensued
MM.. bla bla
So she excused herself for a minute, came back, typed some things into the computer, gave us 2 sheets of paper.. (i was already jumping by then lol). She then said, your visa has been approved, pick up this this this that.. i wasnt listening anymore cheesy

So guys im not gonna lie to you, i and my mom prayed and fasted for days before attending that interview.. we even went to a 7 nights vigil that ended last SUnday.. If not for prayers and God's favour, we wopuld have been denied. Please lets prepare ourselves and pray to the God/gods we believe in.

I thank every member of this page.. i dont want to mention names cos i appreciate you ALL.. God bless and i wish the people who are yet to go for their interview SUCCESS SUCESS SUCESS..

Cheers!

PS: Malcom 28 and ayodim.. big congrats to your family.. we were at the embassy the same time, can you describe yourselves? i was the lady with the cream blazer and my mom is the one with the african fabric jacket smiley

@Darhmee......i'm soooooo happy at your victory...particularly because I knew a little of what you went thru! Congratulations to you and your young looking mum (lol). I'm sure she is feeling very happy. The Lord shall Favour you all the way even after your arrival at the USA IJN - Amen! Thanks also for opening our eyes to the spiritual angle. God be with you in all your preparations. Congratz dear.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 9:51pm On Dec 03, 2013
mcro: Hello House, pls our interview is next week and I want to ask sad1) whether it is better to go by car or by public transport. if by car, what is the parking arrangement like? (2) for an appointment of 10 O'clock, does it matter if one arrives as early as 6 0'clock? (3) your prayers are highly coveted. Thank you and God bless.

@Mcro... I wish you God's favour IJN -amen
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by powerfuljc: 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2013
I congratulate Darmhe, Malcolm28 & ayodim for their success in today"s interview, my prayer for you people is that what God has done in your lives shall be permanent in Jesus name. Amennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ajibiola: 9:57pm On Dec 03, 2013
timimoyegun:

Ok, if this is the case, did u fill a form for you wife too?
If yes, then u don't need worry abt sending marriage cert to them but
pls get it handy together with all important doc to show you've being
married before the initial entry in Oct 2012

But if have not filled the form for your wife then you will have to do so or
they even contact u to do so.

I hope this help
Tanks alot it really help. Av fill a form 4 her 2.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 10:00pm On Dec 03, 2013
Congrats I love ur faith

MM.. bla bla

Cheers!

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by guiddoti: 10:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
mcro: Hello House, pls our interview is next week and I want to ask sad1) whether it is better to go by car or by public transport. if by car, what is the parking arrangement like? (2) for an appointment of 10 O'clock, does it matter if one arrives as early as 6 0'clock? (3) your prayers are highly coveted. Thank you and God bless.
I'ii suggest early morning by car. That will make feel relax before your interview.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Outstandingsand(m): 10:11pm On Dec 03, 2013
chiwuike20: I have observed dat almost all d successful interviews coming here were scheduled 4 7am, not 10am. I wish someone can prove me wrong
mcro will soon prove you wrong... @ darhmee n ayomide... It can only be God.. Congratulations..
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 10:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
ajibiola: House pls what can i do? I play single but am married my frnd play it 4 me in October but av done my wedding b4 he play it & my wife insisted we go 2geda.
I Found this experience of someone in other thread, it may be useful in answering your question.
wishing you God's guidiance in this delicate scenario, pls read and see if you can make something out of it:

olivialuv: Dear visa officer, I want you to enlighten me on a denied visa condition because my dv lottery visa was denied, I was told in the embassy on interview day(last week 9th oct) that my wife and child was not included in my application which I argued with the VO but in vain . My invitation letter stated my beneficiary which include my wife and child and I sent their Ds 230 form to the KCC after putting a call across that the initial form I sent was omitted with my wife and child form at point of dispatch at the currier center , I was told to write letter attached the form with the winning notice and send it back to KCC which I did but to my surprise the VO said they did not see it , the question remain that , the VO said I did not include my family and they saw only my form yet I was denied under section 212a(5)a tag "improper filling " yet they collected 3 visa fee . Pls how can I go through this , is there way out? Thanks.
Pls view the attachment to explain my plight.
https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?post=18799108&topic=1359935
and
VisaOfficer:

Greetings! Here's the thing: You state that your wife and child were omitted from your initial form / entry. That means that your entry could not qualify. You must include your spouse and all minor children at the time of your initial entry, or you cannot qualify for a Diversity Visa.

By law, KCC is not allowed to adjudicate Diversity Visa applications; they just collect the paperwork and forward them to post. So they are not the ones who can tell you that you're disqualified. By law, that has to be done at the Embassy or Consulate. It's a tough law, but it's one of the very few rules of the Diversity Visa program, and the applicants have to take responsibility to become familiar with these rules.

There are no refunds. The fee isn't to receive a visa; it's to be interviewed and have your case considered by a Consular officer.
https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?post=18882574&topic=1359935
and Visa officer said
VisaOfficer:

When we do a DV interview, we can see the original entry (photo[s] and all information) in the computer system. If the officer said your wife was not included, the officer would have been looking at your original entry. I'm not sure what to tell you.

By law, KCC is not allowed to adjudicate cases. So even when someone leaves a spouse or child out of the original entry, KCC is not allowed to say "Well, you're disqualified." They pass the application to us, and we do the actual adjudication. That's why it's so important to make sure you have followed all the rules before coming to an interview.
https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?post=19154356&topic=1359935

Lets hear your feed back after reading the above and see if there could be additional Information,
but above all these, Darmhe's testimony shows that there is nothing GOD cannot do with prayers
Hope I dont board you?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kennex89(m): 10:36pm On Dec 03, 2013
Obatide:
I wish you God's guidiance in this delicate scenario, pls read and see if you can make something out of this:

and

and Visa officer said

Lets hear your feed back after reading the above and see if there could be additional Information,
but above all these, Darmhe's testimony shows that there is nothing GOD cannot do with prayers
Hope I dont board you?

hello bro, from what you are saying it means that you were married and had a child before you played the lottery and you went ahead to play as single. is that it?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 10:55pm On Dec 03, 2013
kennex89:

hello bro, from what you are saying it means that you were married and had a child before you played the lottery and you went ahead to play as single. is that it?
It's not me bros.
I quoted those stuffs from those links and using them as reference in replying @Ajibiola's question. Thats why I quoted his first
Hope you get it now?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by coop: 1:17am On Dec 04, 2013
ajibiola: House pls what can i do? I
play single but am married my frnd
play it 4 me in October but av done
my wedding b4 he play it & my wife
insisted we go 2geda.

Under the dv lot3 law , it's disqualified at a go, but under God's law no shaking, with God all things r possible. it's now depends on u to pick one. going with ya wife to d STATE is perfect but risky, She can join u later too .2 it depends on d CO too. To prove God's work a bro once had a similar issue he went for d interview alone and whilst interviewing, d CO noticed hes married tru d rings on his finger and asked about d spouse the guy said she's @ om dat he wanted to go by the rules. But our God is wonderful. d CO asked him to come with d wife and d visas was approved.

Note , to all. Co wants u to say the truth even if d thruth will disqualify someone. but watever u claims , jux needs God's favour not man
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by onyebaresi(m): 1:23am On Dec 04, 2013
Malcolm28: Hi Forumites, I just came out of the embassy. My family's visa has been approved. Thanks everyone for the show of support. I will give a detailed account of my experience later. Gracias!!!

Congratulations!!!
I am very happy for you.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ajibiola: 6:41am On Dec 04, 2013
Obatide:
I wish you God's guidiance in this delicate scenario, pls read and see if you can make something out of this:

and

and Visa officer said

Hope I dont board you?

No u didnt , I kn it God dat I av 2 leav evrytin 4 because He dat started it will perfect it. When u were ask dat ur wife & child is not included ur response should b yes & u explain y dey were not included in d 1st entry. I lost contact wit my frnd after he collected my information, which is dis yr January he was just snapin everybody & collectd their information. So it was a surprise when he cal me in July 2 tel me d good news. I play married 4 my wife which I told my wife dat I can't play again dat double entry will b disqualified but den av lost contact wit d guy, so no how I can change my entry.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ciscoicom(m): 6:59am On Dec 04, 2013
Thanks so much for the good work you guys are doing on this forum.
I was selected in the dv visa lottery 2014. I have B.sc in chemistry.
In the application form, I filled university degree as highest educaton
obtained. There is a date of birth mistake in my waec result . It has
14th Nov 1985 on it, instead of 12th Nov 1985. I have gone for error
correction. They collected the original certificate and said it will be corrected which might take sometime. I have all photocopied documents
backing the error correction such like photocopy of waec result,letter
from the school principal,birth certificate,bank draft,receipt of
payment,a filled form for error correction. Please I want to know if the
photocopied documents are acceptable or can i use my neco result but my problem with neco result is that i did not fill it in the form submitted to kcc or can my University degree result
serve me for the interview ? Please advice me on what to do.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by G2Glory(m): 7:16am On Dec 04, 2013
bukiemma: Hello, for those who have received their visa, pls I would love to know how many working days u were asked to go pick up ur passport after a successful interview. Thanks alot

5 working days after your interview. Pls go there with something to protect it after collection in case of rainfall.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by G2Glory(m): 7:20am On Dec 04, 2013
chiwuike20: I have observed dat almost all d successful interviews coming here were scheduled 4 7am, not 10am. I wish someone can prove me wrong

Most DV interviews conducted were scheduled for 7am. I do believe it's not a matter of whether 7am or 10am - It's all about God's favour.

If your is schedule for 10am, you have equal chance as those schedule for 7am, just get prepare & trust in GOD. Not of he that willeth or he that runneth but of the Lord God that showeth mercy.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by G2Glory(m): 7:31am On Dec 04, 2013

MM.. bla bla

Cheers!

Congratulation all the way. It's Lord's doing & marvelous in our eyes.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 8:33am On Dec 04, 2013
kevwe_flex:

PS: Should you be interested in getting a good deal for flight tickets, Please do contact me. You would get a very good deal both in price and comfort

Lol Mr kevwe when did you become a travel agent lol grin
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagdude: 8:42am On Dec 04, 2013
Hello forumites,something just crossed my mind,at the initial entry,i played as the principal applicant with my wife and kid as beneficiary and my wife also did vice versa,to God be the glory ,my wife was selected, hope this wont be a double entry. pls i need and urgent response on this.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by AnthonyLofty(m): 9:02am On Dec 04, 2013
@darmhee please what is d current exchange rate at the embassy. Thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 9:04am On Dec 04, 2013

MM.. bla bla

Cheers!

wow!!! I'm so beatific for this great success.

Congrats to you and your mom. Go and live your dreams!!!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Madu77(m): 9:26am On Dec 04, 2013

MM.. bla bla

Cheers!

Congrats my dear, The Lord is Good and Faithful in all His doings. He answers prayers and I rejoice with you and your Mom. Wish you divine favor in all that pends for your movement in Jesus Name... Till we see in the wonder land. I pray and wish to say that all dv2014 will have a day of reunion to give thanksgiving to God no matter the state you stay in USA. God bless America. Bravo my sister
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Madu77(m): 9:33am On Dec 04, 2013
My dear, the timing of God is different from that of man. No time is hard for God to work his wonders. If your claims are true, for the sake of Mcro the hand of clock shall be still and he will testify in this forum. May the God of Gideon and Abraham who led Malcolm, XYZ, ItyRoyal, Darhmee, Ayomide, and others in this forum lead Mcro to claim his visa in Jesus Name amen.

Outstandingsand: mcro will soon prove you wrong... @ darhmee n ayomide... It can only be God.. Congratulations..
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Daudsmart: 9:43am On Dec 04, 2013
lagdude: Hello forumites,something just crossed my mind,at the initial entry,i played as the principal applicant with my wife and kid as beneficiary and my wife also did vice versa,to God be the glory ,my wife was selected, hope this wont be a double entry. pls i need and urgent response on this.
No, your ok bro. It never was. Good luck to your family.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by mcro: 9:56am On Dec 04, 2013
bendam:

There is no problem with going with car.just ensure you get to the embassy on time cos of the high road traffic.we both know how lagos traffic is.there is a general parking space close to the embassy and is just N300.no matter the time of your interview, i will strongly advice you are there early enough cos of the traffic as earlier said. except you stay around victoria island, and thats why is advisable you go with your car, so even if you get there by 7am,you can stay inside your car until it reach your appointment time, meanwhile being schedule for 10am doesnt mean is 10am, by 9am.they might start calling you for security checks,Our prayers are already answered long time ago.just give HIM high praise with faith....it works as i am a living witness
hope this helps.goodluck
Yes it does help. Thanks for being a buddy. Your words validate my opinion about praise and faith. They both work wonders. Thanks a million times.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Darhmee(f): 10:34am On Dec 04, 2013
hanks for the well wishes and prayers e-family.. God bless u all tremendously.

pls I noticed that our original police report, birth cert and waec result weren't given back to us.. will it be returned to us at dhl when we go for passport/visa collection?
pls I need a reply.

@ayodim.. I remember u! ur son is super cuuutttee but a lil troublesome.. lol.. God bless his heart.. congrats on the visa approval
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by G2Glory(m): 10:41am On Dec 04, 2013
lagdude: Hello forumites,something just crossed my mind,at the initial entry,i played as the principal applicant with my wife and kid as beneficiary and my wife also did vice versa,to God be the glory ,my wife was selected, hope this wont be a double entry. pls i need and urgent response on this.

Not a double entry at all. It was my wife that won as well - What an interesting thing God bless all our wives for this wonderful blessings they brought to our different homes.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by G2Glory(m): 10:46am On Dec 04, 2013
Darhmee: hanks for the well wishes and prayers e-family.. God bless u all tremendously.

pls I noticed that our original police report, birth cert and waec result weren't given back to us.. will it be returned to us at dhl when we go for passport/visa collection?
pls I need a reply.

@ayodim.. I remember u! ur son is super cuuutttee but a lil troublesome.. lol.. God bless his heart.. congrats on the visa approval

Did they collect your original WAEC result & not return it back to you? Ours was returned except for NPC attestation & police report that was collected. Please be sure and clarify.

At visa collection, you will only be given your international passport(s) & brown envelope(s) that you must not open.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Darhmee(f): 11:08am On Dec 04, 2013
G2Glory:

Did they collect your original WAEC result & not return it back to you? Ours was returned except for NPC attestation & police report that was collected. Please be sure and clarify.

At visa collection, you will only be given your international passport(s) & brown envelope(s) that you must not open.

the lady who interviewed us talked about returning during interview bt she later forgot or something.. I thot they were gonna return It later with d passport or somthng.. what do we do oh?
does anyone have similar issue? how do we get it back?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 11:13am On Dec 04, 2013
G2Glory:

Congratulations my brother. God will definite perfect what He has started in Jesus name.

For others, your testimony shall surely come & we shall celebrate everyone that was selected for DV 2014.

I have a suggestion & if we don't mind. Can we ensure we keep close contact & extend our discussion to post-visa issuance.

We need to get connected more even after visa has been issued. In term of useful advice to help in logistics arrangement to USA. Getting connected with those forumities that already travelled.

Six (6) months is all needed to leave the onshore of Nigeria & relocating to USA will definitely have its associated challenges. It will be good to learn from others & not necessary re-inventing the will.

@G2Glory....i am full in support of this suggestion, it's also in line with what Kewve and Obatide suggested earlier. but my concern is; how do we maintain this close contact since we are not allowed to drop personal contact details within the forum? my suggestion: can we open like a group forum in any of the social medial and advise interested members to register ?....there we can exchange personal contact details and discuss more freely? it's just my thinking - others may have better suggestions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.