Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (426390 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Atandaishola794(m): 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2013
Very BIG Congrats to Darmhe, Malcolm28 & ayodim may your journey to USA be smoother than your visa interview. May the almighty GOD leave the door of favour, success and joyous testimonies permanently open for the rest of us IJN. Amen. I thank God for you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ajibiola: 2:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
House pls what can i do? I play single but am married my frnd play it 4 me in October but av done my wedding b4 he play it & my wife insisted we go 2geda.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Atandaishola794(m): 2:19pm On Dec 03, 2013
@ayodim Congrats once more. May your luck and success infect the rest of us IJN. Amen. Pls what was your mode of dressing? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by G2Glory(m): 2:35pm On Dec 03, 2013
Atandaishola794: @ayodim Congrats once more. May your luck and success infect the rest of us IJN. Amen. Pls what was your mode of dressing? Thanks.

There is no hard rule to the mode of dressing, just be neat, presentable & wear something that you are comfortable with.

On the day of our interview, we just wore our normal office dresses with children putting on simple dress. Except for my son that wore a bow tie because it was his birthday. (The visa was a birthday present for our family)

If you are not use to tie pls forget that, it is not going give you any added advantage. For ladies, avoid any shoe that can cause trip or fall or disturbing/irritating sound when you walk around.

Dress smart, Cute & Safe. GOD bless you ALL
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jigga40(m): 2:39pm On Dec 03, 2013
ajibiola: House pls what can i do? I play single but am married my frnd play it 4 me in October but av done my wedding b4 he play it & my wife insisted we go 2geda.
i don't advise u go dat lane! You will definitely be disqualified if u appear married to d embassy since you played single and u were married b4 u played d lottery! Its a though line and i guess u don't wanna risk it! You nid to appear stiil as "SINGLE", Period!!!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 2:47pm On Dec 03, 2013
ajibiola: House pls what can i do? I play single but am married my frnd play it 4 me in October but av done my wedding b4 he play it & my wife insisted we go 2geda.

Pls be calm and answer this questions,
*, have u submitted your DS - DSP Form?
*, what is your case number, hope u'r not current yet?

Let start from here.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by geogec: 3:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
Congrats to all that hav been issued visa today almighty God will continue to bless this family in Jesus Name Amen we all we meet there
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by coop: 3:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
@ Dahmee , Malcolm28 And Ayodim. What a wonderful God, Awsome & marvellous, soo faithful to us indeed. when a Visa is approved , It boost faith for us awaiting such. am soo happy for u all. Congratulations. cheers . from now on yah thinking is changed

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Darhmee(f): 3:33pm On Dec 03, 2013
Hi guys.. so here was how it started.. I did the visa lottery for myself as the principal and my mom as the principal back then. So when my mom won, the only the only thing i have was the confirmation number.. i wasnt sure if i registered my dad and my siblings with her but with faith, we continued the processing. My dad didn't want to go with us because he has businesses he is running here in NIgeria and also, my older brother is over-aged. So, i and my mom decided to do the processing for just the both of us.
However, because of the rareness of our case, people said we will be turned down, they said we will be rejected bla bla but i and mom paid them no listening ears.. That really helped!

So today, our interview was for 7am, we got there 5:45am, and at about 6:15, we were told to line up, we did security checks, people's powder, phones, sharp objects, liquid, charger, containers were disposed..(please do not bring any of these with u to the embassy, its an lot of trouble finding how to dispose them).

So at about 8am, we were inside the hall, my mom paid for the both of us and when it was time for submission of document, the woman in charge told my mom to go out and take another passport photograph because the one she has with her was with a blue background. So my mom went out and the cheapest rate she could find for 6 passport photograph was N2000!! Can u imagine?!.

So she brought the passport and while we were submitting our document, the woman asked why my dad wasnt included in the first submission and my mom said it was because he wasn't interested, the woman shook her head! Right there, i had thought we would be rejected.

So at about 10:15, our number beeped on window 17.. the CO was a beautiful and young black American
She told us to swear, took our fingerprints and then the conversation below ensued
CO: what is ur name ma'am
My Mom: xxxx
CO: Did u fill the lottery form urself
MM: Yes
CO: So why is ur sister here with you:
MM: She is not my sister, she is my daughter ((we both laughed)
CO: OMG.. Im so sorry.. Wow madam.. u look so young and she is gorgeous
MM and I: Thank you, u look beautiful too
CO:. Who is philip and why is he not going with u
MM.. he is my husband and bla bla
CO: what is your highest level of education
MM.. bla bla
So she excused herself for a minute, came back, typed some things into the computer, gave us 2 sheets of paper.. (i was already jumping by then lol). She then said, your visa has been approved, pick up this this this that.. i wasnt listening anymore cheesy

So guys im not gonna lie to you, i and my mom prayed and fasted for days before attending that interview.. we even went to a 7 nights vigil that ended last SUnday.. If not for prayers and God's favour, we wopuld have been denied. Please lets prepare ourselves and pray to the God/gods we believe in.

I thank every member of this page.. i dont want to mention names cos i appreciate you ALL.. God bless and i wish the people who are yet to go for their interview SUCCESS SUCESS SUCESS..

Cheers!

PS: Malcom 28 and ayodim.. big congrats to your family.. we were at the embassy the same time, can you describe yourselves? i was the lady with the cream blazer and my mom is the one with the african fabric jacket smiley

4 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 3:44pm On Dec 03, 2013
Darhmee: Hi guys.. so here was how it started.. I did the visa lottery for myself as the principal and my mom as the principal back then. So when my mom won, the only the only thing i have was the confirmation number.. i wasnt sure if i registered my dad and my siblings with her but with faith, we continued the processing. My dad didn't want to go with us because he has businesses he is running here in NIgeria and also, my older brother is over-aged. So, i and my mom decided to do the processing for just the both of us.
However, because of the rareness of our case, people said we will be turned down, they said we will be rejected bla bla but i and mom paid them no listening ears.. That really helped!

So today, our interview was for 7am, we got there 5:45am, and at about 6:15, we were told to line up, we did security checks, people's powder, phones, sharp objects, liquid, charger, containers were disposed..(please do not bring any of these with u to the embassy, its an lot of trouble finding how to dispose them).

So at about 8am, we were inside the hall, my mom paid for the both of us and when it was time for submission of document, the woman in charge told my mom to go out and take another passport photograph because the one she has with her was with a blue background. So my mom went out and the cheapest rate she could find for 6 passport photograph was N2000!! Can u imagine?!.

So she brought the passport and while we were submitting our document, the woman asked why my dad wasnt included in the first submission and my mom said it was because he wasn't interested, the woman shook her head! Right there, i had thought we would be rejected.

So at about 10:15, our number beeped on window 17.. the CO was a beautiful and young black American
She told us to swear, took our fingerprints and then the conversation below ensued
MM.. bla bla
So she excused herself for a minute, came back, typed some things into the computer, gave us 2 sheets of paper.. (i was already jumping by then lol). She then said, your visa has been approved, pick up this this this that.. i wasnt listening anymore cheesy

So guys im not gonna lie to you, i and my mom prayed and fasted for days before attending that interview.. we even went to a 7 nights vigil that ended last SUnday.. If not for prayers and God's favour, we wopuld have been denied. Please lets prepare ourselves and pray to the God/gods we believe in.

I thank every member of this page.. i dont want to mention names cos i appreciate you ALL.. God bless and i wish the people who are yet to go for their interview SUCCESS SUCESS SUCESS..

Cheers!

PS: Malcom 28 and ayodim.. big congrats to your family.. we were at the embassy the same time, can you describe yourselves? i was the lady with the cream blazer and my mom is the one with the african fabric jacket smiley

He never sleeps nor slumber..... conratulations to u nd ur mum.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagdude: 3:50pm On Dec 03, 2013
Darhmee: Hi guys.. so here was how it started.. I did the visa lottery for myself as the principal and my mom as the principal back then. So when my mom won, the only the only thing i have was the confirmation number.. i wasnt sure if i registered my dad and my siblings with her but with faith, we continued the processing. My dad didn't want to go with us because he has businesses he is running here in NIgeria and also, my older brother is over-aged. So, i and my mom decided to do the processing for just the both of us.

MM.. bla bla

Cheers!

Congratulations
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ayodim: 4:54pm On Dec 03, 2013

MM.. bla bla

Cheers!

My boy disturbed you all through. We were interviewed at the same window
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 6:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
ayodim: I have been following this thread from the begining as a guest. My family visa has been approved this morning. We got to the embassy at 5:30am , went through all security checks and finally entered the hall some minutes before 8,made payment and waited to be called. Our number was finally called where a beautiful black lady welcomed us with a smile. She asked us to thumb print and take oaths. Then she askedthe following questions:
1. What do you do in Nigeria?
2. What's your highest education level?
3. Is this your only child?
4. What type of wedding did u have?
5. Do u have family phorographs?
She took the photographs and said"u have a lot of family pictures
Then she said " congratulations your visa has been approved" and gave us two forms for visa pick up.

My advise for is that you should dress the way you want to be addressed and be bold (look straight with smiles). Most importantly, PRAY a lot. The visa is yours.

Finally, I want to thank all forumites for all questions and answers shared so far,it was really helpful. God bless you all

Congrats Bro. We key into your testimonies. it's the Lord's doing ..
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by mcro: 6:23pm On Dec 03, 2013
Hello House, pls our interview is next week and I want to ask sad1) whether it is better to go by car or by public transport. if by car, what is the parking arrangement like? (2) for an appointment of 10 O'clock, does it matter if one arrives as early as 6 0'clock? (3) your prayers are highly coveted. Thank you and God bless.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ajibiola: 6:24pm On Dec 03, 2013
timimoyegun:

Pls be calm and answer this questions,
*, have u submitted your DS - DSP Form?
*, what is your case number, hope u'r not current yet?

Let start from here.
Av submitted it and my case number is 2014AF000140**
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 6:25pm On Dec 03, 2013

MM.. bla bla

Cheers!

Wow Wow! Congratulations dear. This is obviously the Lord's doing. Who else could do it if not God. What God has settled no man can say No. I rejoice with you and your Mom. Go and Live your America dream Sweetheart. Nice one sis congratulobia...An heavenly devine testimonies we prayed too..Faith Works Wonders
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by mcro: 6:29pm On Dec 03, 2013

MM.. bla bla

Cheers!

Congratulations. Yes, by strength shall no man prevail. Thank God for His mercies. More success stories await you. Go live your American dream.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jigga40(m): 6:59pm On Dec 03, 2013

MM.. bla bla

Cheers!

Woah! Woah! Woah! Dis is surely a morale boosting testimony. So happy hearing this. Rily happy for you n ur mum! Congratulations! God is indeed Great.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 7:47pm On Dec 03, 2013
@Darhmee,malcolm28 and ayodim congratulations for the successful interview. It can only be God who knows the end from the beginning.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bendam: 8:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
mcro: Hello House, pls our interview is next week and I want to ask sad1) whether it is better to go by car or by public transport. if by car, what is the parking arrangement like? (2) for an appointment of 10 O'clock, does it matter if one arrives as early as 6 0'clock? (3) your prayers are highly coveted. Thank you and God bless.

There is no problem with going with car.just ensure you get to the embassy on time cos of the high road traffic.we both know how lagos traffic is.there is a general parking space close to the embassy and is just N300.no matter the time of your interview, i will strongly advice you are there early enough cos of the traffic as earlier said. except you stay around victoria island, and thats why is advisable you go with your car, so even if you get there by 7am,you can stay inside your car until it reach your appointment time, meanwhile being schedule for 10am doesnt mean is 10am, by 9am.they might start calling you for security checks,Our prayers are already answered long time ago.just give HIM high praise with faith....it works as i am a living witness
hope this helps.goodluck
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 8:19pm On Dec 03, 2013
ajibiola:
Av submitted it and my case number is 2014AF000140**

My brother,
I will advise u to contact KCC, info them of your latest situation
Most likely you will need to fill another DS form for U and your wife
U will also need to attach your marriage certificate with d forms when sending it back
And also be ready to defend this case boldly in front of the CO.

Get as much as possible of all necessary documents to prove you were married and it was a mistake
u fill the entry form as single.

With prayers, nothing is impossible, there was a case just like yours during d last set and d man was to
to go back home and come back with her wife for a new interwive session, at last they got their visa approved.

Call KCC, get ur data's ready, I.e ur full name, Case no and Year of birth.
Get back to me as soon as u have.

Success is ours.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chiwuike20: 9:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
I have observed dat almost all d successful interviews coming here were scheduled 4 7am, not 10am. I wish someone can prove me wrong
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 9:04pm On Dec 03, 2013
--
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 9:06pm On Dec 03, 2013

MM.. bla bla

Cheers!

Congratulations my sister. What about your popsy? So una want leave am waka? grin grin grin grin

PS: Should you be interested in getting a good deal for flight tickets, Please do contact me. You would get a very good deal both in price and comfort
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chiwuike20: 9:07pm On Dec 03, 2013
Congratulations, we thank God on ur behalf. I have observed dat almost all d successful interviews coming here were scheduled 4 7am, not 10am. I wish someone can prove me wrong.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bukiemma(m): 9:12pm On Dec 03, 2013
Hello, for those who have received their visa, pls I would love to know how many working days u were asked to go pick up ur passport after a successful interview. Thanks alot
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 9:12pm On Dec 03, 2013
ayodim: I have been following this thread from the begining as a guest. My family visa has been approved this morning. We got to the embassy at 5:30am , went through all security checks and finally entered the hall some minutes before 8,made payment and waited to be called. Our number was finally called where a beautiful black lady welcomed us with a smile. She asked us to thumb print and take oaths. Then she askedthe following questions:
Then she said " congratulations your visa has been approved" and gave us two forms for visa pick up.

My advise for is that you should dress the way you want to be addressed and be bold (look straight with smiles). Most importantly, PRAY a lot. The visa is yours.

Finally, I want to thank all forumites for all questions and answers shared so far,it was really helpful. God bless you all

Congratulations my to you my brother and to your wonderful family. The Lord shall dip your feet in oil the your new land IJN - Amen!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 9:12pm On Dec 03, 2013

Congratulations my to you my brother and to your wonderful family. The Lord shall dip your feet in oil the your new land IJN - Amen!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ajibiola: 9:14pm On Dec 03, 2013
timimoyegun:

My brother,
I will advise u to contact KCC, info them of your latest situation
Most likely you will need to fill another DS form for U and your wife
U will also need to attach your marriage certificate with d forms when sending it back
And also be ready to defend this case boldly in front of the CO.

Get as much as possible of all necessary documents to prove you were married and it was a mistake
u fill the entry form as single.

With prayers, nothing is impossible, there was a case just like yours during d last set and d man was to
to go back home and come back with her wife for a new interwive session, at last they got their visa approved.

Call KCC, get ur data's ready, I.e ur full name, Case no and Year of birth.
Get back to me as soon as u have.
Success is ours.

But av filled the DS as married before so won't dey think I went to arrange for a certificate or should I wait till d time they send the interview date?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 9:15pm On Dec 03, 2013

Congratulobia. Go and live your American dream. Don't forget to hit me up for good deals in flight tickets.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 9:15pm On Dec 03, 2013

Congratulations to Malcolm, Dahrmee and Ayodim!!!! The Lord shall dip your feet in oil in your new land IJN - Amen!

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.