Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,721 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (426413 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by phatzyka: 10:28am On Dec 09, 2013
#smiling#. Funny enough the bulletin might show this eveing.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Madu77(m): 10:52am On Dec 09, 2013
Congrats my dear. How is Texas and life going on? I hope to join you there next year. God bless you

jollyiwin: This jollyiwin reporting life from Texas. So hope everybody is doing alright
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by seubis: 12:11pm On Dec 09, 2013
[quote author=kennex89][/quote]I booked emirate airline from Lagos to JFK new York.I paid 336k for me and my wife
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 12:40pm On Dec 09, 2013
Obatide: I came across these tips for succesful interview and feel it could help some of us,
kindly discuss to have it edited, addition or subtraction

Tips for interview
1. Wear formal clothes as if for a formal business meeting. The interviewing officer will always be an American (the interpreter if required may be local). If possible the man should wear a tie. Americans always appreciate formal attire, so they will not find you over-dressed if you wear a tie.
2. Arrive early. You don't want to miss your interview just because you got stuck in traffic.
3. Do not get nervous. Be confident. You will be more confident if you have prepared thoroughly. Smile when you meet the visa officer for the first time. Don't show signs of nervousness such as flickering of eyes, trembling of fingers as that could go against you. Look into the eyes of the officer while speaking.
4. Both candidates should greet the officer with a smile and a "good morning", as soon as you enter the interview booth.
5. Both candidates should have a confident posture and look at the interviewing officer straight in the eyes throughout the interview.
6. Be confident in your answers, whatever you say. Make short, clear, to-the-point replies, in a loud and clear voice. Do not tell anything that is irrelevant or not asked. By mistake, you may give some unnecessary information that may lead to your rejection.
7. Be polite, do not argue and do not ask unnecessary or unrelated questions. Do not unnecessarily elaborate your responses as this may not work in your favor.
8. Demonstrate respect in your language even if you don't feel this is being reciprocated.
9. Often times you might not understand what the interviewing officer is saying because of his/her American accent and/or the microphone system. If you do not understand one of their sentences do not feel afraid to say, 'beg your pardon; I did not understand you.' If he/she repeats the question and you still do not understand, that is not a problem, do not panic. Calmly and confidently say, sorry sir/madam. I still did not understand you. Could you kindly repeat what you said?
10. If you know English, it is preferable to have the interview in the English so that you and consular officer can understand the each other. Interpreters mess up sometimes.

Wishing everybody due for interview all the best

@Obatide.. dis is a perfect Info.. thanks so much.. it will definitely help lots waiting for 2ndNL and also those going for Interview.... Most especially d one u said looking into the CO straight in their eye.. dats will shows dat u are saying the truth.. is part of foreign Etiquette... Looking into their eye will show to them dat u are telling the truth, on like in Africa (I.e in our land here in 9ja wen u talking to an elderly man u don't look into dere eye, it shows u disrespect them). I grab a lot from dis ur info.. av not received my 2NL base on my CN (000165**) but am overwhelmed with confidence to face them now... The VISA is ours in d mighty name of God (Amen)
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bukiemma(m): 1:10pm On Dec 09, 2013
Halleluyah!!! Visa has been approved!!! Details later pls... Driving home wit full speed at d moment

7 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Madu77(m): 1:14pm On Dec 09, 2013
Congrat my dear. Enough party and pls Roraoooooo, jejeje, wayo waya, katankata. No over speed. Am happy for you and it shall be permanent. I wish success to all awaiting to pick up their visas.

bukiemma: Halleluyah!!! Visa has been approved!!! Details later pls... Driving home wit full speed at d moment
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Outstandingsand(m): 1:15pm On Dec 09, 2013
bukiemma: Halleluyah!!! Visa has been approved!!! Details later pls... Driving home wit full speed at d moment
heeeeeeeeeeeee thanks be to God oooo... Abeg o take am easy ooo..
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by janut: 1:15pm On Dec 09, 2013
Congraaaaaaats. Nairalanders can never carry last.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagdude: 1:24pm On Dec 09, 2013

Congrats bro, take am easy boss,drive gently o

CHEERS
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Malcolm28(m): 1:26pm On Dec 09, 2013

Congrats, God is good!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by penielnig(m): 2:44pm On Dec 09, 2013
.........congrats bro,God is good.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 2:48pm On Dec 09, 2013

very happy for u dear, u cant imagine aw i shouted in offx..

wot a wonderful GOD
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ayodim: 2:52pm On Dec 09, 2013
Malcolm28:

Congrats, God is good!

Please what are we supposed to take along for visa pick up and how can we track it.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by philipblac: 2:56pm On Dec 09, 2013
congrate dear
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ayodim: 2:57pm On Dec 09, 2013
Pls how can we track visa collection
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by thuyahky(m): 3:16pm On Dec 09, 2013
congrats
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 3:27pm On Dec 09, 2013
Congratulation!!!
Its the Lord's doing.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2013
ayodim: Pls how can we track visa collection
In my case,i called the number on the collection paper i was given after 4 working and i was told its ready.
But make sure u have ur passport no handy.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by babaajala: 3:59pm On Dec 09, 2013
hello@coop did you send me an email? sorry i couldnt acess it but you can add me on facebook with edojaandrew@gmail.com.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bendam: 4:43pm On Dec 09, 2013
seubis: Hello my e family members,we have just 7 days to jet out of naija.Maryland loading........ We re not going to north Carolina again.plsss house pray for me and my wife for journey mercies come DEC 15.hope to see u guys there.can't just wait to see ma pple like Obatide,Femishow,Ityroyal etc.c u all.one luv.I pray for divine favour and outstanding success for those who re going for their interview dis new week and the month of December.the visa is all urs,just go and grab it shaperly shapely.lol.it is well

Your steps are ordered by the Lord.safe trip
and God's Blessings to the family
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by agbeke17: 4:44pm On Dec 09, 2013
Congrats bro,pls can't wait to hear ur experience.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by onyebaresi(m): 4:59pm On Dec 09, 2013

Congratulations my brother. We can't wait to be current too. Very happy for your success.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bukiemma(m): 5:49pm On Dec 09, 2013
Thanks Fam.. I love u all!

I got there around 4:50am and met 5 cars packed outside cos dey open their gate by 5am.

We drove in at 5am and waiting in d us consulate premises. At about 6:30am dey started security checks and we sha went inside d hall. They wasted our time cuz all d interview consulars were having a meeting. And dey started interviewing us around past 10 or so. In a nutshell, my num B402 appeared on window.... Hmmm I've 4gotten d window number cos of d extremely cold a/c. My interviewer looks good oo, beautiful white young woman.
CO: hi
ME: gudmrning
CO: hi speak louder pls
ME: hello (louder)
CO: are u Emmanuel Oladipupo
ME: yes ma'am
CO: what's ur highest edu level
ME: National Diploma
CO: how old are u?
ME: told her
CO: what?! 33? shocked
ME: told her again (she dey hear double)
CO: ok nice, so who played 4 u
ME: I play by myself
CO: did u have any problems playing it?
ME: not at all
CO: how did u played and where
ME: I played in a cybercafe
CO: oh ok, so how much did it cost u
ME: #120 naira, cos I bought 1hr ticket
CO: dats nice, so who filled ur forms for u
ME: I did by myself
CO: woow! Are u sure?
CO: are u d only child?
ME: no I'm d last born of 4
CO: where are ur siblings?
ME: 1st is a lady and is in d usa, d 2nd a lady is here in 9geria, d 3rd a male is in d uk and I'm d 4th
CO: ur sis in d us, what kind of visa did she entered with?
ME: lottery
CO: who assisted u in playing lottery?
ME: no one, infact dis was my 1st and I won
CO: who wil u be staying with?
ME: my sister in d usa
CO: wat state
ME: maryland
CO: what do u do presently?
ME: I just finished my ND so I was waiting for asu to call off strike so I can process a direct entry in2 a uni
CO: ok good so wat wil u do wen u get a visa
ME: I would love to further my education
CO: who paid for ur visa fee and other processing?
ME: my dad
CO: (she checks all my forms) emmanuel are u sure u filled all these urself, and are u sure u have never helped some1 to fill b4
ME: yes ma dats d truth
CO: oh sry I 4got to ask u to swear to say d truth, now pls raise ur ryt hand and swear
ME: I did
CO: make sure u pay ur green card fee b4 u trav..... Oooh sorry ur visa has been approved
ME: nawa oo *inside my mind* "e be like sey she dey nervous maybe na my cute face dey make her 4get everytin
ME: Thanks ma'am.

AND I LEFT!
U guys wouldn't believe dat she 4got to collect dat blue card from me. It was wen I got home dat I saw it.

Thank God sha and tnk u all... U guys really helped me a lot, hope my story no too much? Just wanna tell u all d questions she asked cos it myt help ppl awaiting their turn. PEACE!

10 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ewhoma(f): 5:55pm On Dec 09, 2013
Hahaha. U sure are one funny person. Congrats on ur successful intrrview.
bukiemma: Thanks Fam.. I love u all!

I got there around 4:50am and met 5 cars packed outside cos dey open their gate by 5am.

We drove in at 5am and waiting in d us consulate premises. At about 6:30am dey started security checks and we sha went inside d hall. They wasted our time cuz all d interview consulars were having a meeting. And dey started interviewing us around past 10 or so. In a nutshell, my num B402 appeared on window.... Hmmm I've 4gotten d window number cos of d extremely cold a/c. My interviewer looks good oo, beautiful white young woman.
ME: 1st is a lady and is in d usa, d 2nd a lady is here in 9geria, d 3rd a male is in d uk and I'm d 4th
ME: I just finished my ND so I was waiting for asu to call off strike so I can process a direct entry in2 a uni
CO: (she checks all my forms) emmanuel are u sure u filled all these urself, and are u sure u have never helped some1 to fill b4
CO: oh sry I 4got to ask u to swear to say d truth, now pls raise ur ryt hand and swear
CO: make sure u pay ur green card fee b4 u trav..... Oooh sorry ur visa has been approved
ME: nawa oo *inside my mind* "e be like sey she dey nervous maybe na my cute face dey make her 4get everytin

AND I LEFT!
U guys wouldn't believe dat she 4got to collect dat blue card from me. It was wen I got home dat I saw it.

Thank God sha and tnk u all... U guys really helped me a lot, hope my story no too much? Just wanna tell u all d questions she asked cos it myt help ppl awaiting their turn. PEACE!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 5:56pm On Dec 09, 2013
Congratulobia

AND I LEFT!

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 6:13pm On Dec 09, 2013

AND I LEFT!

Wow . Congrats bro . It's the Lord's doing. We key into your testimony. cheers
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 6:49pm On Dec 09, 2013

AND I LEFT!

My Name sake u r too much.... Congrats bro
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by seubis: 7:07pm On Dec 09, 2013
Congrats bro.pls which city re u going to in maryland.?my wife and maisef re going to Maryland dis weekend.

AND I LEFT!

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by gokman4u(m): 7:17pm On Dec 09, 2013
Yessssssssssss!
Congrats dear.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by gokman4u(m): 7:32pm On Dec 09, 2013

AND I LEFT!

Funny intervw
She surely was nervous
Congrats again
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jigga40(m): 7:36pm On Dec 09, 2013

AND I LEFT!

Congratulations! More success stories still coming
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 7:46pm On Dec 09, 2013
@ bukiemma... Congrats, what a wonderful testimony.

God Almighty will surely do it for us that are still waiting...

AND I LEFT!

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.