Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,251 members, 7,836,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (427423 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bukiemma(m): 6:20pm On Dec 08, 2013
Obatide: We thank GOD for the streams of Testimonies in the first week of this December, Ranging from finacial provisions for those who did their medicals, police reports, flight bookings & so on, Journey mercies to People who travelled down to Lagos and out of the Country, most expecially the number of VISAS granted, We say thank you Sir.
As we commence 2nd week of December, we pray for double of that favour, mercy and successes as @bukiemma and others attend interview this week.
On behalf of my Family, I wish everybody all round success and congrats ahead to @bukiemma

Thank u sir.. I appreciate
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Sayonara01: 6:41pm On Dec 08, 2013
Thank GOD almighty for his mercy and loving kindness towards us,most expecially my household and all successful interview and those visa granted...we say thank you JEHOVAH GOD.i am one of selected for dv2014 and my case no is af000004***,my and my wife are for interview for January 2014.pls house what are the document to be taking to do medical and what is the total cost for 2 people I.e me and my wife
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Yoggybear: 7:40pm On Dec 08, 2013
jollyiwin: This jollyiwin reporting life from Texas. So hope everybody is doing alright

Welcome to US of A Virginofafrica. Thank God for journey Mercy. May God Bless you and Enlarge your coast in your New country. Amen. You're the 3rd person who had travelled in this forum. Pls can you pls give us a detailed account of your journey from Flight booking and costs, Hrs of stop over and accomdation,Experience at the POE, and so on.

Thanks in advance
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ufobabe(f): 7:48pm On Dec 08, 2013
worry 359:
There will not be 2015 lottery, Nigeria has exceded it's allocation of places.
Read this thread from the begining, the information is here.
Ooo God. Why na?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 8:14pm On Dec 08, 2013
I came across these tips for succesful interview and feel it could help some of us,
kindly discuss to have it edited, addition or subtraction

Tips for interview
1. Wear formal clothes as if for a formal business meeting. The interviewing officer will always be an American (the interpreter if required may be local). If possible the man should wear a tie. Americans always appreciate formal attire, so they will not find you over-dressed if you wear a tie.
2. Arrive early. You don't want to miss your interview just because you got stuck in traffic.
3. Do not get nervous. Be confident. You will be more confident if you have prepared thoroughly. Smile when you meet the visa officer for the first time. Don't show signs of nervousness such as flickering of eyes, trembling of fingers as that could go against you. Look into the eyes of the officer while speaking.
4. Both candidates should greet the officer with a smile and a "good morning", as soon as you enter the interview booth.
5. Both candidates should have a confident posture and look at the interviewing officer straight in the eyes throughout the interview.
6. Be confident in your answers, whatever you say. Make short, clear, to-the-point replies, in a loud and clear voice. Do not tell anything that is irrelevant or not asked. By mistake, you may give some unnecessary information that may lead to your rejection.
7. Be polite, do not argue and do not ask unnecessary or unrelated questions. Do not unnecessarily elaborate your responses as this may not work in your favor.
8. Demonstrate respect in your language even if you don't feel this is being reciprocated.
9. Often times you might not understand what the interviewing officer is saying because of his/her American accent and/or the microphone system. If you do not understand one of their sentences do not feel afraid to say, 'beg your pardon; I did not understand you.' If he/she repeats the question and you still do not understand, that is not a problem, do not panic. Calmly and confidently say, sorry sir/madam. I still did not understand you. Could you kindly repeat what you said?
10. If you know English, it is preferable to have the interview in the English so that you and consular officer can understand the each other. Interpreters mess up sometimes.

Wishing everybody due for interview all the best

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ewhoma(f): 8:21pm On Dec 08, 2013
Obatide: I came across these tips for succesful interview and feel it could help some of us,

Tips for interview
1. Wear formal clothes as if for a formal business meeting. The interviewing officer will always be an American (the interpreter if required may be local). If possible the man should wear a tie. Americans always appreciate formal attire, so they will not find you over-dressed if you wear a tie.
2. Arrive early. You don't want to miss your interview just because you got stuck in traffic.
3. Do not get nervous. Be confident. You will be more confident if you have prepared thoroughly. Smile when you meet the visa officer for the first time. Don't show signs of nervousness such as flickering of eyes, trembling of fingers as that could go against you. Look into the eyes of the officer while speaking.
4. Both candidates should greet the officer with a smile and a "good morning", as soon as you enter the interview booth.
5. Both candidates should have a confident posture and look at the interviewing officer straight in the eyes throughout the interview.
6. Be confident in your answers, whatever you say. Make short, clear, to-the-point replies, in a loud and clear voice. Do not tell anything that is irrelevant or not asked. By mistake, you may give some unnecessary information that may lead to your rejection.
7. Be polite, do not argue and do not ask unnecessary or unrelated questions. Do not unnecessarily elaborate your responses as this may not work in your favor.
8. Demonstrate respect in your language even if you don't feel this is being reciprocated.
9. Often times you might not understand what the interviewing officer is saying because of his/her American accent and/or the microphone system. If you do not understand one of their sentences do not feel afraid to say, 'beg your pardon; I did not understand you.' If he/she repeats the question and you still do not understand, that is not a problem, do not panic. Calmly and confidently say, sorry sir/madam. I still did not understand you. Could you kindly repeat what you said?
10. If you know English, it is preferable to have the interview in the English so that you and consular officer can understand the each other. Interpreters mess up sometimes.

Well said. These are great tips indeed. God bless u. Wishing everyone of us waiting to b current and those that already are a successful interview in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Outstandingsand(m): 8:42pm On Dec 08, 2013
Sayonara01: Thank GOD almighty for his mercy and loving kindness towards us,most expecially my household and all successful interview and those visa granted...we say thank you JEHOVAH GOD.i am one of selected for dv2014 and my case no is af000004***,my and my wife are for interview for January 2014.pls house what are the document to be taking to do medical and what is the total cost for 2 people I.e me and my wife
the document needed is just 2passport photo and ur international passports.. As for the amount when i called ikoyi children practice they adviced me to come with 35k buh that i may not spend up to that amount. So 4 u and ur wife 70k will do.. Wish u best of luck..
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by seubis: 10:09pm On Dec 08, 2013
Hello my e family members,we have just 7 days to jet out of naija.Maryland loading........ We re not going to north Carolina again.plsss house pray for me and my wife for journey mercies come DEC 15.hope to see u guys there.can't just wait to see ma pple like Obatide,Femishow,Ityroyal etc.c u all.one luv.I pray for divine favour and outstanding success for those who re going for their interview dis new week and the month of December.the visa is all urs,just go and grab it shaperly shapely.lol.it is well

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 11:02pm On Dec 08, 2013
seubis: Hello my e family members,we have just 7 days to jet out of naija.Maryland loading........ We re not going to north Carolina again.plsss house pray for me and my wife for journey mercies come DEC 15.hope to see u guys there.can't just wait to see ma pple like Obatide,Femishow,Ityroyal etc.c u all.one luv.I pray for divine favour and outstanding success for those who re going for their interview dis new week and the month of December.the visa is all urs,just go and grab it shaperly shapely.lol.it is well
safe trip
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 11:02pm On Dec 08, 2013
seubis: Hello my e family members,we have just 7 days to jet out of naija.Maryland loading........ We re not going to north Carolina again.plsss house pray for me and my wife for journey mercies come DEC 15.hope to see u guys there.can't just wait to see ma pple like Obatide,Femishow,Ityroyal etc.c u all.one luv.I pray for divine favour and outstanding success for those who re going for their interview dis new week and the month of December.the visa is all urs,just go and grab it shaperly shapely.lol.it is well
safe trip
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Yoggybear: 11:02pm On Dec 08, 2013
Obatide: I came across these tips for succesful interview and feel it could help some of us,

Tips for interview

Well said and noted. Thank you sir Mr Obatide
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by phatzyka: 11:27pm On Dec 08, 2013
Hello house, I am made to understand that one can view the figures in the next bulletin before it is officially published, may I know how so that I will check if my number is current. Our house rent will expire on the 8th of January 2014. We are not renewing it cos of our USA trip. ThE thing now is, the landlord wants to know when we will move out as we didn't disclose to him why we wiLl move out.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Dmo4real: 12:09am On Dec 09, 2013
@ phatzyka... I guess u call KCC or wait till dey update d visa bulletin on tuesday n if i may ask, wats ur case number
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by babaajala: 12:56am On Dec 09, 2013
gudday fellow nairalanders and all new U.S immigrants am using this medium to wish you all sucess in your interviews

this is baba ajala reporting live from houston texas.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by coop: 4:50am On Dec 09, 2013
For those pple attending interview this week , Jux go and claim it ,cox , Thy Lord had settled it.
Pls, house when is 2nd letters being release ?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Outstandingsand(m): 7:02am On Dec 09, 2013
coop: For those pple attending interview this week , Jux go and claim it ,cox , Thy Lord had settled it.
Pls, house when is 2nd letters being release ?
as from 15th.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by penielnig(m): 7:39am On Dec 09, 2013
Helloo people,Visa bulletin for JANUARY out with Nigeria retaining 8000 cut off number..so much wait to do.....
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Yoggybear: 7:41am On Dec 09, 2013
Hello my e-family. I wish everyone @bukiemma going for their interview this week a resoundingly Success IJN. It can only be God.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Yoggybear: 7:46am On Dec 09, 2013
Boomshakar: Morning to you Good family, Praise God! My Visa as been approved. Details later!

Congrats Boomshakar. We still look forward seeing your detailed account of your interview experience. Lol it's over 48hrs o grin
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rauly: 8:02am On Dec 09, 2013
penielnig: Helloo people,Visa bulletin for JANUARY out with Nigeria retaining 8000 cut off number..so much wait to do.....
This bulletin is damn too slow,8000 for february??
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chinny2014(m): 8:13am On Dec 09, 2013
[quote
author=penielnig]Helloo people,Visa bulletin for JANUARY out with
Nigeria retaining 8000 cut off number..so much wait to do.....[/quote] God come to your people's rescue, this is not funny atal, into your hands oh! Lord i commend our visas
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagdude: 9:07am On Dec 09, 2013
penielnig: Helloo people,Visa bulletin for JANUARY out with Nigeria retaining 8000 cut off number..so much wait to do.....

Please from where did you get this, because on their website for January 2014 cut off is coming soon,or do you call them over the weekend.

CHEERS
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagdude: 9:09am On Dec 09, 2013

Tips for interview

You are on point boss,thanks for the reminder always.

CHEERS
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagbabe: 9:10am On Dec 09, 2013
please wts the source of this information?cos the Site still says coming soon.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by dcitizen1: 9:18am On Dec 09, 2013
i will like somebody in the house to provide me with useful information on how to check the cut off marks for the interview
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kennex89(m): 9:22am On Dec 09, 2013
[quote author=seubis]Hello my e family members,we have just 7 days to jet out of naija.Maryland loading........ We re not going to north Carolina again.plsss house pray for me and my wife for journey mercies come DEC 15.hope to see u guys there.can't just wait to see ma pple like Obatide,Femishow,Ityroyal etc.c u all.one luv.I pray for divine favour and outstanding success for those who re going for their interview dis new week and the month of December.the visa is all urs,just go and grab it shaperly shapely.lol.it is well[/quote

safe trip bro and remain blessed. so which airline are you boarding and how much did you pay.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by penielnig(m): 9:27am On Dec 09, 2013
@lagdude and @lagbabe....pls open december bulletin and read to the end..pls note each month bulletin carry two months info..hope it helps.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kennex89(m): 9:27am On Dec 09, 2013
hello family members, the way some of us come here and drop informations which are false are bad, please information like bulletin update, and other information from KCC are very important as some members use this medium to get their information. please kindly drop credible information here.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by phatzyka: 9:48am On Dec 09, 2013
@ Pieng pls take easy with your information. Its February that we are expecting not January. Ok

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagdude: 9:57am On Dec 09, 2013
penielnig: @lagdude and @lagbabe....pls open december bulletin and read to the end..pls note each month bulletin carry two months info..hope it helps.

As you said, the Decmber bulletin carries for December and January, and we are awaiting February cut-off,pls check very well so as not to confuse forumites.

CHEERS
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by penielnig(m): 10:16am On Dec 09, 2013
@lagdude..yea you are right.noted..one love people.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by penielnig(m): 10:18am On Dec 09, 2013
@lagdude...noted..one love people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (264) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.