Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,539 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (426326 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by armba2198: 12:32am On Jul 25, 2014
Dekonjay: Congratulations mbanj4real, johnsonadex and sueadex ( are you a couple?), mizfoxley and Adenijipupa on your visa approval.

@stSteven, good evening Sir. I'm glad to see i won't be alone on sept 2. May that day be a day filled with joy and laughter for both our families IJN.

Congratulations to you all on your visa approvals!

Congratulations also to Doro and Marymary14 on your visa!

May this showers of blessings never cease as long as this thread exists! N special thanks to all of us great n small for our contributions to the success of this thread! The results of our collective efforts is made manifest in the various success recorded by each n every person who has come here in deir need of guidance! May this spirit of selfless help never die in us but continues to grow til it becomes a huge flame that 'll help us reverse d ugly trend in our beloved country! Amen!

5 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by armba2198: 1:55am On Jul 25, 2014
Obatide:

Its been a while bro.
The thread was among casualties in the Last NL data-loss, I strongly believe that Seun Osewa is working to bring it back, thanks to sist. tdedun and others who initiated the process.

Happy to have you here, Mr. Armba and family, Madu & Family and sql-error, hope you weren't Jet-lagged?
Congrats to awalariseup
Safe Flight to Jajinobaresi & Michael as u Join us in the US

Able captain, it's really an honor to 've u back! We 've been here more or less!

Had an experience last Friday! Last week was generally choked up! Left my base on Monday to go to d east, drop off some stuff 4 my folks, pick my kids, do a few errands, including taking my kids 4 their supplementary vaccination, n leave 4 Lagos on Thursday so we could board our flight to Houston on Friday! First we only made it to d east Tuesday night cos d luxury bus, which alone could carry all d load, got spoilt! So Wednesday was equally choked up, but d kids had their vaccination including me n wifey! D delay was cos we misplaced our cards til a few days earlier! N on Thursday we set off by road once more to Lagos! At some point, d bus started crawling, so that it took d driver 5hrs from Ore to Ojota, and there d guy said he won't go to mazamaza cos it was almost 8.30pm, leaving me to find a cab d rest of d way! With all d traffic there we got to my friend's place quite late n left us still tired d next morning! By d time we got 2 d airport for our 2.10pm flight, it was almost 12pm, which would 've been ok except that our luggage had not been weighed. By d time it got 2 our turn n we started weighing n aligning our luggage, it was almost 1pm. The airline staff had checked 5 out of 8 of our luggage, when their manager came out n decided it was too late, recalled his staff n no amount of plea could do any magic til d flight departed MMA. At one point a lady asked if we checked in online n l said "no".

Well, some said this was sent from d village, among other similar theories! Lol! Whatever that means! I think so God wanted it, n also one needs 2 take responsibility for ones shortcomings, much as it wasn't had 4 me to grasp that d flight wasn't mend 2 b that day! I narrate this cos l believe we could learn a few things from this. I believe one should not leave too many things pending! For anyone traveling alone or with family, d subsequent immunizations need 2 b done on timeme! If with family, esp and coming from outside Lagos, it's best to come two days b4 and relax so u can start preparation for departure on time that day nto 3hours bdeparture time! Also if u can, endeavour to check-in online, not later than 36hours b4 departure time (this skipped my mind n l remembered it about 20hours to d time which was too late. So my only option was normal check-in at the airport). Also if u can, buy scale n weigh your bags, esp for family. It can save u valuable time n unnecessary stress.

Let me just mention lastly d cost implication of missing a flight. Firstly, there's d "no show" cost of $150 per person n a rescheduling cost of $50 per person as well. Aside these comes d differential flight cost. For example, say we bought our tickets for all 4 of us 4wks earlier for $4000 n as at today d ticket costs $6200, it means if u want to travel today having missed ur flight, apart from d 1st two totaling $800, u 'll b expected to pay additional $2200 ie total of $3000! Except u choose to travel much later n they could help u find a date in future that d flight cost is closest to d one u 've, but it cannot b below it rather same or a little above, that is cost cannot b below $4000. D rates during summer is usually high, so beware.

Anyway, l requested to find a date myself that best suits me so l can go tidy up a few things n l kneel down n say "thank u, Lord, for everything". Yet l think we can still learn one or two things from d experience!

Cheers, folks n God's blessings!

8 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 25, 2014
Please on what street is NPC in Surulere... Planning to go there today.
Thanks for ur anticipated reply!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chuckvinz(m): 10:50am On Jul 25, 2014
visa approved!!!!!!, glory be to Almighty God.

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chuckvinz(m): 10:52am On Jul 25, 2014
marymary14: To be honest, favour has been my name so far...... the story begins.
2 weeks ago I stumbled upon an article which emphasised that a police report
Must be presented for every country one stays 12 months and above, and then my confusion starts,how will I go get a police report from another country which I have to be present to get it, well I decided to give it a try and asked a relation to help me get it but the first copy had series of mistake so did the second and third. At this point I really became frustrated and then decided to travel to go get it myself. After much delay I got there over the weekend and then prepare my document on Monday thereafter leave on Tuesday for my interview on Thursday.
..........interview proper.. got to the embassy 6.15am, after security checks went into the waiting room at about 7:10. Waited till about 2:30 and my number was finally called
Me: good afternoon maam
Co: good afternoon,are you xyz?
Me: yes
Co: do u swear to say the truth......?
Me: i do
Co: sign here
Me: yes please
Co: what's your highest level of education and what did you study?
Me:123
Co: when did you finish sec school?
Me:567
Co: why did you not do it in the the country?
Me: 097
Co: are you married ?any children?
Me : nope
Co: ok! I'm gonna approve your visa!
Me: xoxo
Co: good luck!

It's been God all through.....join me in thanking the Lord!!!!!
Congrats Cynthia congrat oooooo... i am the guy after cynthia!!!! i know you will get yours successfully... congrats once again, cheers grin grin grin grin grin smiley smiley smiley smiley wink wink cheesy

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chuckvinz(m): 10:53am On Jul 25, 2014
marymary14: To be honest, favour has been my name so far...... the story begins.
Must be presented for every country one stays 12 months and above, and then my confusion starts,how will I go get a police report from another country which I have to be present to get it, well I decided to give it a try and asked a relation to help me get it but the first copy had series of mistake so did the second and third. At this point I really became frustrated and then decided to travel to go get it myself. After much delay I got there over the weekend and then prepare my document on Monday thereafter leave on Tuesday for my interview on Thursday.
..........interview proper.. got to the embassy 6.15am, after security checks went into the waiting room at about 7:10. Waited till about 2:30 and my number was finally called

Congrats Cynthia

. i am the guy after cynthia!!!! i know you will get yours successfully... congrats once again, cheers grin grin grin grin grin smiley smiley smiley smiley wink wink cheesy
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
StSteven: Please on what street is NPC in Surulere... Planning to go there today.
Thanks for ur anticipated reply!

Babs Animashaun
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cynthia4real: 1:47pm On Jul 25, 2014

Congrats Cynthia

tnx dear,congrats to u too.so happy to see u on dat day. Forgot to gt ur contact ,do u knw dat i forgot my hand bag after my visa ws approved?lolssss bt leta came came and pickd it.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by robinobehi(m): 1:55pm On Jul 25, 2014
Hello great NL...pls how can I get police report done? I can It still be done on monday or tuesday?....our interview na WEDNESDAY ooooo!!!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cynthia4real: 3:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
Honestly my fellow members i don't know wot or where i would have been nw without God granting my Visa yesterday.It all started in 2012 wen my uncle dat i haven't seen since i was born came 4rm de U.states.he asked i and my siblings if we have played lottery be4 we said No.he said we should give it a trial, so we did as he said.on May 2013 my brothers checked theirs and they weren't selected i checked mine lo and behold i was selected,4rm dat day it has been prayer prayer about my lottery whether i was in the market,road ,toilet,bathing anywhere at all. Wen i started counting in weeks as i increased the level of my prayers. My fear,fever,headache, shivering started after Adeboy007's interview which was my birthday.House,007 interview turned my own body upside down,i couldn't gt myself till after my visa approval,bt i really thank God 4 proving himself in my life.
INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE:
got to the embassy 6:20am,after all de security checks,came into the hall and made my payment,sat down abt 8:am. 4rm dat 8:am to 1:15pm dat was when my No showed at window19. My prayer has been thus,Lord whosoever u will appoint that will interview me,that's de person that will interview as God may have it. It was an elderly white man.
Me: good day Sir
CO: good day
CO: are u so so
Me: yes sir
CO: swear dat u will say de truth
Me: i did
CO: where is Ur husband?
Me: i don't hv any huby am nt married.
CO: and ur children?
Me: No children.
CO: wen did u finish Ur secondary school?
Me: blablabla
CO: but
Me: yes,am having 2 results
CO: why?
Me: answered
CO: tell me the subjects you didn't make at first sitting
CO: what is the name of the school u registered your second exam?
CO: where is it located?
CO: why did u had to wait for 3yrs before taking another Exam?
Me: answered. Dat was all

APPRECIATION:
I want 2 appreciate evry1 on dis forum 4 Ur help,prayers,encouragement and everything.Honestly,without this forum,i wouldn't hv been equipped enough for my interview like information wise,interview experiences. I say thank u all and may God continue to enrich us wit his blessings and favor all through our journey IJN Amen!

4 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by wavecase: 4:29pm On Jul 25, 2014
Good people of nairaland... i need advice on how to go about the uscis $165..
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by AREOLA: 4:29pm On Jul 25, 2014
Hello Nairalanders, a big congrats to all those who have gotten their visa approved so far,4 those awaiting interview d Lord will favour U̶̲̥̅̊
all IJN.Please 4 those that were interviewd last wik want to knw if there's anyone who have gotten his/her visa pick up.secondly  need collection centre phone number.thanks.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by wavecase: 4:44pm On Jul 25, 2014
Good people of nairaland... i need advice on how to go about the uscis $165..
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by vickkyplus: 5:00pm On Jul 25, 2014
robinobehi: Hello great NL...pls how can I get police report done? I can It still be done on monday or tuesday?....our interview na WEDNESDAY ooooo!!!
Yes u can.Congratulations in advance.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cynthia4real: 6:39pm On Jul 25, 2014
Pls house i forgot my original copy of police report.i wnt ask if it wil be given to me on de day of my visa collection.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Iykonnet: 7:46pm On Jul 25, 2014
Cynthia4real: Pls house i forgot my original copy of police report.i wnt ask if it wil be given to me on de day of my visa collection.

I think the Embassy usually keep the Police Report. So no worries.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ETimX: 7:49pm On Jul 25, 2014
ETimX: @ Pipsland78, I am interested in getting a job in Houston Texas, please let me know how you can be of assistance. I tried to pm you but was unable to, please pm me. Thanks.

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by johnsonadex: 7:52pm On Jul 25, 2014
Sorry our chat experience is coming late. We thank God Almighty for giving me & hubby a new song. 1st interview on 2nd of July
where did u meet ur husband, what did u do on Sat & Sunday, when did hubby go and return from work, when did u go and return from church, have u had visitors, where are u working? We were interviewed separately and after the interview, d white lady said she will reschedule us for anoda interview on 22nd of july by 12pm
2nd interview on 22nd of July.
What is ur name? Where av u lived frm birth? Tell me abt ur educational qualification? U said u re doing ICAN, wat level are u now? Mention all d courses in both d old and new syllabus? Where av u worked and where do u work now? As a Cost Control Officer wats ur job description? When did u join d company? Hw much is ur net salary? Ok, let's talk abt ur wife. Where was she born? What's her academic qualification? She has OND and BSc, frm which sch? Wat year? Where did u meet her? When did u propose to her? Where did both of u served NYSC? Which Local Govt? Wat did she do at service? Wen did u get married? Wat kind of wedding? Where did u spent the night of ur wedding? D name of d hotel? Wen was d first sex? Wen last did u av sex? Any child? Why did u both lived separately for more dan one year? Is ur wife a virgin wen u met her? U said both of u attended Uniben, then let me ask u some question abt benin. He den ask abt some places in benin. I answered d one I knw and tell him d one I didn't knw. Wc local govt did u do ur registry in benin? Let me see ur foto album. He check d album frm d beginning to d end. He asked questions of d location, wen we snap it, and d name of pple inside d pix. Call ur wife for me. He asked almost all d questions again from my wife in addition to d following: Asked about a friend in one of d pictures, when she got married, where is she & how many kids, he ask her to describe her parent house, if her siblings were present for d wedding, if hubby siblings were present, where her in-laws where lodged, how she knew about d hotel, how her in-laws got there, where both of us went after d wedding, who paid for our fellowship final year dinner & how much? he also asked where her siblings where? those are d questions we can remember. It was God dt did it for us; the ones we can remember we answer, d one we can't, we say so. It was God's mercy & favour dt did it for us. Thank u God for being a loving father.

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by robinobehi(m): 8:15pm On Jul 25, 2014
T @vikkyplus......still I have another issue, can my interview date be postponed?

I have not yet been able †o get passport for my daughter, which will automatically won't let us go for niether †he medicals nor †he interview.....pls advice.......I am so downcasted right now!!!! I think we've lost it
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by AREOLA: 8:29pm On Jul 25, 2014
robinobehi: T @vikkyplus......still I have another issue, can my interview date be postponed?

I have not yet been able †o get passport for my daughter, which will automatically won't let us go for niether †he medicals nor †he interview.....pls advice.......I am so downcasted right now!!!! I think we've lost it
Passport 4 ur daughter not yet done?if there's no holiday d passport can be done in a day so far U̶̲̥̅̊
have d money but right now ds is a dilemma.may be U̶̲̥̅̊
shld send a mail to lagosiv@state.gov dy can advice U̶̲̥̅̊
better.
All d best!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by marymary14(f): 8:37pm On Jul 25, 2014
When's your interview? You can get the passport done in 1 day... have you considered that?
robinobehi: T @vikkyplus......still I have another issue, can my interview date be postponed?

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by vickkyplus: 9:01pm On Jul 25, 2014

Ha!why did u leave it so late?Well some reasons are genuine anyways.But if your child is ur beneficiary, I strongly advise you to go do your police report on Monday,then proceed to the Embassy for your interview on wednesday with ur child.Tell them your child's passport is not ready.It is the duty of the consular officer to give u a date to come with ur child docs.PLS,dont miss ur wednesday interview for ANY reasons.Lagosiv will NEVER reschedule u now.My submission.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 9:05pm On Jul 25, 2014

U will have to do all necessary things right away as u have no chance of getting ur Interview date postponed

Pls consider dis

VisaOfficer:

It is not possible to reschedule any Diversity Visa appointment. All applicants must honor their originally scheduled appointment dates.

u can get ur Intl passport done a day

thank u
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 9:06pm On Jul 25, 2014
robinobehi: Hello great NL...pls how can I get police report done? I can It still be done on monday or tuesday?....our interview na WEDNESDAY ooooo!!!
If your case is genuine, I will advice you as follows:
1. If your daughter is below 18 years old, her passport will not require confirmation from Abuja, hence you can obatain it between tomorrow and Monday
2. Since u have your own passports, you may contact Mr. Samuel at Alagbon on saturday for your Police Report (he did it for most of NL btw 2k and 2k5), he will get it ready for u against Monday, then u will collect it immediately you are done with your daughter's passport.
Note: For contacts to fastrack 1 & 2 above, you may contact any old member here as I have shared it with most people or PM me
3. I assume you have done your own medicals, then you may go for your daughter's medical on Tuesday and show receipt to them at the emberssy that her medical result isnt ready, that cannot disturb your interview.
4. Pls, dont miss your interview for any reason as I doubt rescheduling of interview for 2014 set, especially at this time of fiscal year.
Wishing you all the best

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by robinobehi(m): 9:26pm On Jul 25, 2014
Thank you very much.....my wife and I have not done our medicals....we thought †o wait for our daughter's passport so we could all do it together.

I have also thought of monday and tuesdya but there's muslim Sala holiday, I don't know if police report and medicals can still be done.......but if not, are u still saying I should be present @†he interview venue??.....My wife is †he Principal.....my daughter is 10 months old.

I really feel like am a loser right now.....never saw this coming @all
Obatide:

If your case is genuine, I will advice you as follows:
1. If your daughter is below 18 years old, her passport will not require confirmation from Abuja, hence you can obatain it between tomorrow and Monday
2. Since u have your own passports, you may contact Mr. Samuel at Alagbon on saturday for your Police Report (he did it for most of NL btw 2k and 2k5), he will get it ready for u against Monday, then u will collect it immediately you are done with your daughter's passport.
Note: For contacts to fastrack 1 & 2 above, you may contact any old member here as I have shared it with most people or PM me
3. I assume you have done your own medicals, then you may go for your daughter's medical on Tuesday and show receipt to them at the emberssy that her medical result isnt ready, that cannot disturb your interview.
4. Pls, dont miss your interview for any reason as I doubt rescheduling of interview for 2014 set, especially at this time of fiscal year.
Wishing you all the best
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 25, 2014
robinobehi: Thank you very much.....my wife and I have not done our medicals....we thought †o wait for our daughter's passport so we could all do it together.

I have also thought of monday and tuesdya but there's muslim Sala holiday, I don't know if police report and medicals can still be done.......but if not, are u still saying I should be present @†he interview venue??.....My wife is †he Principal.....my daughter is 10 months old.

I really feel like am a loser right now.....never saw this coming @all
where are you presently?if you are in Lagos,go for your medical with your wife tomorrow.Q-life work on public holidays except Sunday.Go for your interview on Wednesday and explain your situation to the CO.I will call a cousin now who is an immigration officer if passport collection is possible b4 Wednesday. Don't give up

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 26, 2014
bossladyMo:

Babs Animashaun

Thanks... Got it done despite delays. It wil be ready in 2weeks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 26, 2014
Godis4me: where are you presently?if you are in Lagos,go for your medical with your wife tomorrow.Q-life work on public holidays except Sunday.Go for your interview on Wednesday and explain your situation to the CO.I will call a cousin now who is an immigration officer if passport collection is possible b4 Wednesday. Don't give up
My cousin says its impossible to get d passport done during public holiday. Whatever the situation may be,don't miss your interwiew.Do your medical today and ask if you can do your baby medical without d passport. Pls stay strong.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 26, 2014
StSteven:

Thanks... Got it done despite delays. It wil be ready in 2weeks

Oh okay. Mine was ready in 5 working days sha
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cynthia4real: 11:58am On Jul 26, 2014
Cynthia4real: Pls house i forgot my original copy of police report.i wnt ask if it wil be given to me on de day of my visa collection.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 12:18pm On Jul 26, 2014
Cynthia4real: Pls house i forgot my original copy of police report.i wnt ask if it wil be given to me on de day of my visa collection

Your Police Report and Medical are now the properties of US Consulate. It will not be given to u at the Collection Center.

U are told to travel wit ur Vaccination Record and ur X-Ray CD (If Q-life) plus ur international passport and Visa Package

thank you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chuckvinz(m): 1:32pm On Jul 26, 2014
[quote author=Cynthia4real][/quote] what time will you go and get your passport?

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.