Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,033 members, 7,835,497 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (427391 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by giddadon(m): 7:22am On May 14, 2013
Amefrica:

Ok boss.. If ur not chosen, u can wait till october..
i dont tink there would be any october selection
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by statesman22(m): 9:02am On May 14, 2013
yes there would be October selection
giddadon: i dont tink there would be any october selection
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:07am On May 14, 2013

There will always be October's selection..
1) 125000 Winners were registered instead of 150000..
2) Not all registered winners will continue d processing(due to financial problem, ignorance n lack of interest)
3) During d interview period, not all winners will be given visa.. Based on academic qualification, many won't have up to 5credits in O'level.. Which may result in visa denial..
Due to all these items, all visas won't be exhausted, which will result in another random selection/release of 2nd batch winners.. I STAND TO BE ADJUSTED
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 14, 2013

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by worry359(m): 2:32pm On May 14, 2013
FILATEI: I LOVE DIS PAGE.... HOPEFULLY GOD WILL SEE US THROUGH....
FILATEI
Turn your CAP LOCK off!!!!!!
You use it on your name and postings.
It looks like you are shouting and is ignorent.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 14, 2013
We're did you get you police report
junkerhill: Firstly, your Mum doesn't need the birth cert from the hospital. The NPC birth cert covers it all. She can obtain it from any state of the federation. I did mine in Anambra state at the cost of #2500. I believe the cost is still the same at Enugu and Owerri.
Lastly, she should not forget to go with a sworn affidavit from High court.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maasoap(m): 3:15pm On May 14, 2013
jamicanlady:

I dnt know for other countries, but here in Nigeria, since the inception of the e-passport, even a new born needs international passport. Inclusion of a child by the mother in her application was the old procedure for the former/old Nigerian passport.
Thanks.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maasoap(m): 3:18pm On May 14, 2013
Can winner combine two waec results?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 4:00pm On May 14, 2013
maasoap: Can winner combine two waec results?
Yes, you can.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by obamaobama: 4:05pm On May 14, 2013
only kcc know whether there will be another new winners or not let wait untill october and see what will happen.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by virginofafrica(m): 4:21pm On May 14, 2013
Samimo: Thanks junkerhill am from Kenya so been informed that it might be November according to the cn.
+ on sire your interview cant be novemer it will be either d or j
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Samimo: 4:32pm On May 14, 2013
virginofafrica: + on sire your interview cant be novemer it will be either d or j
thnx for the info. Will keep you posted.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maasoap(m): 6:14pm On May 14, 2013
monsieursam64: Yes, you can.
Thanks.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maasoap(m): 6:22pm On May 14, 2013
Hello house, I have contacted about 3 nairalanders about my case but no headway yet. So I decided to throw it to the full house, and your timely contribution will be appreciated.
Experts in the house: my concern is that I applied for DV2014 as a married, and I also applied for my wife as a married. I didn't win but my wife won. The problem is that I registered for her using her maiden name as her last name. It was my idea that she should keep her maiden name as her last name since she was still searching job to make it easy for her during job interviews. I haven't sent our forms to KCC but can I stick to using her maiden name for her as her last name? I don't want to even go for affidavit of change of name now so as not to make it looks suspicious. But my worry is that can we scale through as couples using different family names? What is our chances? Can we really convince them? Because l don't think my wife is ready to go without me.
We have a daughter but I don't want to include her for now, she won't go with us for convenience and partly due to financial constraints. Any advice on these two issues. We married in 2011 and our daughter is a year old this month. We haven't gone to registry yet, only religion aspect done. No intl passports yet. We haven't sent our forms yet, still waiting for best advice. (Can my wife go alone as single so as not to waste it all together?) Any other question will be answered if you ask.
Thanks.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ManTiger(m): 8:08pm On May 14, 2013
maasoap: Hello house, I have contacted about 3 nairalanders about my case but no headway yet. So I decided to throw it to the full house, and your timely contribution will be appreciated.
Experts in the house: my concern is that I applied for DV2014 as a married, and I also applied for my wife as a married. I didn't win but my wife won. The problem is that I registered for her using her maiden name as her last name. It was my idea that she should keep her maiden name as her last name since she was still searching job to make it easy for her during job interviews. I haven't sent our forms to KCC but can I stick to using her maiden name for her as her last name? I don't want to even go for affidavit of change of name now so as not to make it looks suspicious. But my worry is that can we scale through as couples using different family names? What is our chances? Can we really convince them? Because l don't think my wife is ready to go without me.
We have a daughter but I don't want to include her for now, she won't go with us for convenience and partly due to financial constraints. Any advice on these two issues. We married in 2011 and our daughter is a year old this month. We haven't gone to registry yet, only religion aspect done. No intl passports yet. We haven't sent our forms yet, still waiting for best advice. (Can my wife go alone as single so as not to waste it all together?) Any other question will be answered if you ask.
Thanks.
For every problem there is a solution... i think i've got one for you, sharing soon.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:19pm On May 14, 2013
maasoap: Can winner combine two waec results?

Yes.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:29pm On May 14, 2013
maasoap: Hello house, I have contacted about 3 nairalanders about my case but no headway yet. So I decided to throw it to the full house, and your timely contribution will be appreciated.
Thanks.

I saw your mail in my spam and I replied accordingly;It all depends on what you fill in your form initially, if you entered as married there is no problem and you don't need to do any affidavit as far as is your consent plus your marriage certificate and pictures to back your wedding up.Your kid can join you later, just make sure you include their names on the list of the people you will like to join you later.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jamicanlady: 9:29am On May 15, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

I saw your mail in my spam and I replied accordingly;It all depends on what you fill in your form initially, if you entered as married there is no problem and you don't need to do any affidavit as far as is your consent plus your marriage certificate and pictures to back your wedding up.Your kid can join you later, just make sure you include their names on the list of the people you will like to join you later.

Hope the child was included at the initial DV application, otherwise he/she cannot be on the list of persons to join you later.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ofemi77: 9:39am On May 15, 2013
Would there be any selection in 0ctober ds year. I need to be selected o!I wan travel go US after NYSC. Anyone with positive information pls.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by foxybaby(f): 11:54am On May 15, 2013
Dφŋ't think so, cos it was not stated this time around, onlike previous ones.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rcb34: 12:39pm On May 15, 2013
Amefrica:

There will always be October's selection..
1) 125000 Winners were registered instead of 150000..
2) Not all registered winners will continue d processing(due to financial problem, ignorance n lack of interest)
3) During d interview period, not all winners will be given visa.. Based on academic qualification, many won't have up to 5credits in O'level.. Which may result in visa denial..
Due to all these items, all visas won't be exhausted, which will result in another random selection/release of 2nd batch winners.. I STAND TO BE ADJUSTED
No adjustments to be made, Sir
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maasoap(m): 12:55pm On May 15, 2013
jamicanlady:

Hope the child was included at the initial DV application, otherwise he/she cannot be on the list of persons to join you later.
The kid was included. It was my wife that win.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maasoap(m): 4:26pm On May 15, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Since the kid will not travel with us (because she will follow join on the form which may be many years away), what will be required of the kid at the embassy? I meant, are documents like intl passport, medical result, and lottery and visa fee necessary for her to present. Remember, she only appears on the form but not accompany. Pls house.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Yahoot: 6:05pm On May 15, 2013
Hey guys, it's me again, where I can get the forms? http://blog.aperso.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/DS-2302.pdf This post is already completed. Where should I get a blank form? Please Help.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by obamaobama: 6:25pm On May 15, 2013
ANY GOOD NEWS
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Samimo: 6:56pm On May 15, 2013
Yahoot: Hey guys, it's me again, where I can get the forms? http://blog.aperso.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/DS-2302.pdf This post is already completed. Where should I get a blank form? Please Help.
what forms? If for dv application visit www.dvselectee.state.gov
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Yahoot: 7:31pm On May 15, 2013
Samimo: what forms? If for dv application visit www.dvselectee.state.gov
Woop. Thx I have been searching there, but missed the steps.. Thx a alot.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Yahoot: 7:58pm On May 15, 2013
Another question. If I am one of the chosen, they must mail me or not?To tell me about the next step. Should I wait for them to mail me or proceed to the next step completing the forms?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 15, 2013
rcb34: No adjustments to be made, Sir

Sir, don't use sir for me.. I'm just 17 n people av being discouraging those that aint selected. I'm just like "Are You A Learer" lol.. October's selection is certain. apart from being Optimistic..
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:59pm On May 15, 2013
maasoap: Since the kid will not travel with us (because she will follow join on the form which may be many years away), what will be required of the kid at the embassy? I meant, are documents like intl passport, medical result, and lottery and visa fee necessary for her to present. Remember, she only appears on the form but not accompany. Pls house.

Since the kid is not accompanying you there is no need for int'l pp or any documentation.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by dcitizen1: 2:33am On May 16, 2013
Like somebody to help me to answer the question on ds 230. I have a hnd in mechanical eningeering. What job will i like to do in the usa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (264) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.