Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,137 members, 7,835,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (427408 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 9:14am On May 16, 2013
My package was delivered on the 14th will I get an acknowledgment from kcc soon?...
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maasoap(m): 9:49am On May 16, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Since the kid is not accompanying you there is no need for int'l pp or any documentation.
Thanks.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rcb34: 9:59am On May 16, 2013
Yahoot: Another question. If I am one of the chosen, they must mail me or not?To tell me about the next step. Should I wait for them to mail me or proceed to the next step completing the forms?
have you being selected? If not please don't send forms, Ur writeup is a bit confusing
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rcb34: 10:01am On May 16, 2013
Amefrica:

Sir, don't use sir for me.. I'm just 17 n people av being discouraging those that aint selected. I'm just like "Are You A Learer" lol.. October's selection is certain. apart from being Optimistic..
wink
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by prosperinall(f): 10:53am On May 16, 2013
hi,i think this link would help and establish that their will be more selection in june and October 2013.Thank u http://eiic.org/blog/diversity-visa-lottery-dv-2014-entry-status-check-starts-may-1-2013/
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Yahoot: 11:00am On May 16, 2013
rcb34: have you being selected? If not please don't send forms, Ur writeup is a bit confusing
Yes, I am selected.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ManTiger(m): 1:51pm On May 16, 2013
prosperinall: hi,i think this link would help and establish that their will be more selection in june and October 2013.Thank u http://eiic.org/blog/diversity-visa-lottery-dv-2014-entry-status-check-starts-may-1-2013/
Guy, wake-up, this ios an independent write up, not from Department of State, last year, It was boldly written that more selection will be made on October 22nd which they did, i've not seen such recently.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by nereiskc(m): 4:56pm On May 16, 2013
My fellow Nairalanders, my sister was selected for further dv visa processing, she hv filled the DSP 122 and DSP 230 (1 and 2) forms.... Pls is it advisable to scan and email it to KCC and still send it thru normal mail (post). I need suggestions
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 16, 2013
maasoap: Since the kid will not travel with us (because she will follow join on the form which may be many years away), what will be required of the kid at the embassy? I meant, are documents like intl passport, medical result, and lottery and visa fee necessary for her to present. Remember, she only appears on the form but not accompany. Pls house.

a point of correction...if she(daughter) is included in the original dv entry and her name is amongst beneficiaries in your 2NL,she has only 6(SIX) months or less to enter the US if issued a visa.The US embassy will not selectively issue out visa to family members.its all or no one.

she has to have her valid international passport,with her medicals and visa money plus birth certificate.

you will be disqualified if you don't get her documents ready.

The US government doesn't approve of family separations due to dv visa.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 6:23pm On May 16, 2013
maasoap: Hello house, I have contacted about 3 nairalanders about my case but no headway yet. So I decided to throw it to the full house, and your timely contribution will be appreciated.
Experts in the house: my concern is that I applied for DV2014 as a married, and I also applied for my wife as a married. I didn't win but my wife won. The problem is that I registered for her using her maiden name as her last name. It was my idea that she should keep her maiden name as her last name since she was still searching job to make it easy for her during job interviews. I haven't sent our forms to KCC but can I stick to using her maiden name for her as her last name? I don't want to even go for affidavit of change of name now so as not to make it looks suspicious. But my worry is that can we scale through as couples using different family names? What is our chances? Can we really convince them? Because l don't think my wife is ready to go without me.
We have a daughter but I don't want to include her for now, she won't go with us for convenience and partly due to financial constraints. Any advice on these two issues. We married in 2011 and our daughter is a year old this month. We haven't gone to registry yet, only religion aspect done. No intl passports yet. We haven't sent our forms yet, still waiting for best advice. (Can my wife go alone as single so as not to waste it all together?) Any other question will be answered if you ask.
Thanks.

I advice if u can convince beyond reasonable doubt that both of you are married now, both of you can go for it as couple, just get your marriage cert ready and pictures of before and after marriage. But if you know you can't, just allow her to go. Talk to her about it. I have a friend whose wife won and left like 5 yrs ago, then they were single when she played but already married when she won. So the wife went and the husband joined like 2 yrs later. And pretty soon, she will be filing for her citizenship there. So the whole point is honesty. I hope this will help?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 6:34pm On May 16, 2013
junkerhill: Make sure you sign the forms before sending them or they wont be attended to. I failed to sign part 1 of the ds 230 and I was sent a mail by kcc, asking me to download another form, fill, sign and send. It cost me extra money and also delayed my 2NL.

I'm in that same boat too. I did not sign page 2 of DS-230. And I just sent it yesterday. I called them and they told me to call back in two weeks time when they get it and then they would tell me what to do. But that time, I would scan it and send it via email.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:25am On May 17, 2013
The RICE you saw at the top of the COOLER was once
at the BOTTOM of d pot, Be patient! U will smile when
its your time.
@ obama....abeg mail me....
@rcb.....mail me.......
thats my mail

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 12:27pm On May 17, 2013
I Hate 9ja: The RICE you saw at the top of the COOLER was once
its your time.
@rcb.....mail me.......proffg99@yahoo.co.uk
thats my mail
i gbadun your proverb

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by nwanks: 5:44am On May 18, 2013
congrats to every one dat was selected this like over ten times me and my family members has been trying this visa lottery tin yet not even one person from my family has ever gotten it. Any way by october hopefuly one person from my family will be selected. So if u are selected now count urself extremely lucky and favoured by God in terms of going to america
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rcb34: 10:24am On May 18, 2013
Yahoot:
Yes, I am selected.
congrats, wishing u d best
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rcb34: 8:45pm On May 18, 2013
I Hate 9ja: The RICE you saw at the top of the COOLER was once
its your time.
@rcb.....mail me.......proffg99@yahoo.co.uk
thats my mail
nice piece uf got here, Sir
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by dcitizen1: 10:22am On May 19, 2013
Hi, should i sign the dsp 230 form 2, the affidavit side bf submission becos i read in the section dat the consular will assist me? Thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by arun12: 1:02pm On May 19, 2013
I have selected for 2014 green card. i already submited forms DSP 122 & DS 230 , But my problem is that forms Expiration date is 03-31-2013 ,they will reject my application or i can submit new application. Please advice me.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 1:15pm On May 19, 2013
arun12: I have selected for 2014 green card. i already submited forms DSP 122 & DS 230 , But my problem is that forms Expiration date is 03-31-2013 ,they will reject my application or i can submit new application. Please advice me.
I had the same worries I wrote to KCC and they told me it was nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by arun12: 2:21pm On May 19, 2013
Thank you very much for your reply.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jamicanlady: 3:06pm On May 19, 2013
d citizen:
Hi, should i sign the dsp 230 form 2, the affidavit side bf submission becos i read in the section dat the consular will assist me? Thanks

Do not sign it now. U'll sign it before the CO on the day of ur interview.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by laykay(m): 7:48pm On May 19, 2013
Chai i no win ... Na till next time na sad Congrats to those that won sha... Una luck don shine!! cheesy
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Damola06(m): 11:57am On May 20, 2013
I have been selected for further processing. so please, i need your help on the next step to take.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by josade: 12:05pm On May 20, 2013
Bros, the next step is on the page of the letter that was generated where you saw that you were selected. follow the step religiously.
Damola06: I have been selected for further processing. so please, i need your help on the next step to take.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by G2Glory(m): 12:43pm On May 20, 2013
DV 2014 Winner:

I want to thank all the contributor for the resourceful & wonderful contributions.

If i may ask, can someone help with how & where to obtain the birth certificate (as per DV specification) in Lagos & Oyo state.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Damola06(m): 2:50pm On May 20, 2013
Please house, is it compulsory i fill in a permanent address in the united states that i intend to live or permanent address where i want the green card to be mailed to?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by OLAA1: 6:44pm On May 20, 2013
Damola06: Please house, is it compulsory i fill in a permanent address in the united states that i intend to live or permanent address where i want the green card to be mailed to?
yes
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 7:04pm On May 20, 2013
Damola06: Please house, is it compulsory i fill in a permanent address in the united states that i intend to live or permanent address where i want the green card to be mailed to?

Yes it is very compulsory, cos if you don't, they will contact you to provide that information. Cos it is important for them to mail your green card to you, should u succeed.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 7:19pm On May 20, 2013
Hi house. My package just got delivered @ KCC today. The begining.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rcb34: 6:58am On May 21, 2013
Faozan: please what is 2NL? how does it look like?
2NL, means 2nd notification letter, it will be mailed to you 2weeks- 3weeks,only when your case number (CN) becomes current, containing in it will be the day, time of your interview and location of interview.that's what it looks like
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Damola06(m): 8:24am On May 21, 2013
[quote author=kevwe_flex]

But i dont av anybody there. What am i going to do?

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (264) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.