Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions (15434 Views)

Mr Nairaland Contest 2015 - CAMPAIGN THREAD / Miss Nairaland 2015 Contest Complaints Thread / Romance Section Complaints and Suggestions Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:11am On May 02, 2013
Obinoscopy: Choose whatever u want to say but we want the truth and nothing but the truth wink.

Judge, should I take the oath on the Bible?
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Obinoscopy(m): 1:14am On May 02, 2013
ItsModella: ok, personal stuff like hobbies and occupation would make sense. I thought you meant age, name and shiz like that.
Stuffs that will make the voters know more about the contestants. Stuffs like the age and name of the contestant must not be divulged buh if a contestant is cool with that, then he or she can divulge such info to us
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Obinoscopy(m): 1:17am On May 02, 2013
CFCfan:

Judge, should I take the oath on the Bible?
Lol, I don't think that's necessary
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:19am On May 02, 2013
Obinoscopy: Lol, I don't think that's necessary

Ok. I'll get my campaign team (including Tonto Dikeh) ready.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Obinoscopy(m): 1:22am On May 02, 2013
grin Good luck bro wink
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:23am On May 02, 2013
Obinoscopy: grin Good luck bro wink

Gracias cool
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by AlyricistLaura: 2:03am On May 02, 2013
Adabeke12
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by chelseabmw(m): 4:11am On May 02, 2013
Nice one
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by chelseabmw(m): 4:11am On May 02, 2013
My suggestion: Idowuogbo should NOT be part of the judges except this contest is a joke.

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by MrsChima(f): 4:20am On May 02, 2013
chelseabmw: My suggestion: Idowuogbo should NOT be part of the judges except this contest is a joke.

Thanks

Aww jealous?
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by DExplorer1: 7:04am On May 02, 2013
Obinoscopy: I have two suggestions (dunno if they had been suggested earlier by anyone):

1. A biography of contestants should be gotten before the contest proper. These biographies should be made public at a stage during the contest

2. Aside from using votes to screen out contestants, there should be a stage (perhaps the quarter final stage) where a panel of judges ask the contestants some technical questions and score them based on their responses. Such scores can then be used to decide who moves on to the next stage.

It's high time we took this Mr/Miss NL to the next level.
On point 2, i think Obinoscopy saw through my eyes. That was my point ealier. We just can't have the winner of a beauty peagent without brain. The judges should question these contestants (i suggest the finalist alone) and let the quality of their answers earn them a score which's gonna be added to the total votes of each contestant.

Now, the unique side to this is that, if a particular contestant is been voted because he/she got alot of friends here, and she score low on the questions asked, the potential 2nd runner up got hope if she did well during the questioning.

In a practical approach, lets assume this' the contest and Shollypopz is leading with 60VOTES (votes powered by friends/campaign) and Idowuogbo as the potential 1st runner up has 50VOTES, if Sholly answered her questions poorly and Idowu got them right, that means, despite vote margin, Idowu can claim the top spot and win the contest.

Nothing else can be more interesting than this if we want a winner with beauty and brain.

3 Likes

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Idowuogbo(f): 7:13am On May 02, 2013
chelseabmw: My suggestion: Idowuogbo should NOT be part of the judges except this contest is a joke.

Thanks
Hurting? I understand!
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by chelseabmw(m): 7:35am On May 02, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Aww jealous?

Aint jealous...... u are a old member so u should understand what i mean....
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by chelseabmw(m): 7:37am On May 02, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Hurting? I understand!

No not that..If its a joke contest then you are a perfect judge but not this one... You know you are not even qualified

5 Likes

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Idowuogbo(f): 7:37am On May 02, 2013
chelseabmw:

Aint jealous...... u are a old member so u should understand what i mean....
Wot do u mean? U of all people? Kikiki...U got jokes!
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Idowuogbo(f): 7:39am On May 02, 2013
chelseabmw:

No not that..If its a joke contest then you are a perfect judge but not this one... You know you are not even qualified
Is dat so? Who made u judge of qualifications? Carry ur beef comot abeg! U not making sense.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by freecocoa(f): 8:41am On May 02, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Is dat so? Who made u judge of qualifications? Carry ur beef comot abeg! U not making sense.
Wetin happen? Una been dey quarrel ni?
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by ikekings(m): 10:17am On May 02, 2013
No photoshopped pics...
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 10:55am On May 02, 2013
D-Explorer:

On point 2, i think Obinoscopy saw through my eyes. That was my point ealier. We just can't have the winner of a beauty peagent without brain. The judges should question these contestants (i suggest the finalist alone) and let the quality of their answers earn them a score which's gonna be added to the total votes of each contestant.

Now, the unique side to this is that, if a particular contestant is been voted because he/she got alot of friends here, and she score low on the questions asked, the potential 2nd runner up got hope if she did well during the questioning.

In a practical approach, lets assume this' the contest and Shollypopz is leading with 60VOTES (votes powered by friends/campaign) and Idowuogbo as the potential 1st runner up has 50VOTES, if Sholly answered her questions poorly and Idowu got them right, that means, despite vote margin, Idowu can claim the top spot and win the contest.

Nothing else can be more interesting than this if we want a winner with beauty and brain.
Then there is no point voting in the first place if the votes will account for nothing. However, it would make sense if the viewers voted up until the final round, then during that round, the winner would be determined by how well he/she answered his/her questions. That how it's normally done.

You can't let people waste time in voting and then decide you're gonna pick a winner based on how well he/she answered his/her questions.

2 Likes

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Obinoscopy(m): 11:07am On May 02, 2013
ItsModella:
Then there is no point voting in the first place if the votes will account for nothing. However, it would make sense if the viewers voted up until the final round, then during that round, the winner would be determined by how well he/she answered his/her questions. That how it's normally done.

You can't let people waste time in voting and then decide you're gonna pick a winner based on how well he/she answered his/her questions.
At least u and D-Ex both agree there should be question sessions where the judges score the participants which will determine who goes over to the next stage. The issue is now at which stage should the question session be introduced.

I'm of the suggestion that it should be introduced at the semi- or quarter-final stage. However let the votes alone count in the finals.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 11:13am On May 02, 2013
Obinoscopy: At least u and D-Ex both agree there should be question sessions where the judges score the participants which will determine who goes over to the next stage. The issue is now at which stage should the question session be introduced.

I'm of the suggestion that it should be introduced at the semi- or quarter-final stage. However let the votes alone count in the finals.
In every beauty pageant, the questions are asked in the final round. Viewers should be allowed to vote their contestants up until the final round. The final contestants will then be asked questions and a winner will then emerge from this. This is the point where the judges will truly step in and do something tangible other than counting votes. They will be the ones to rate each final contestant and produce a winner, provided they are all unbiased.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by stpat1(m): 11:36am On May 02, 2013
Hmmmm interesting. Squadronbwm and idowuigbo. **following**
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 11:55am On May 02, 2013
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 02, 2013
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 02, 2013
Great idea....
D-Explorer:
All judges musn't compaign or vote.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 02, 2013
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 02, 2013
shey sanb na the new vanneni? always chatting from the past.

2 Likes

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 02, 2013
waoh! una really take this thing serious oo.
anyways, let me siddon and watch how things go! smiley smiley
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 02, 2013
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 02, 2013
May be/may be not; No harm done.... grin
ItsModella: shey sanb na the new vanneni? always chatting from the past.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by xynerise: 12:28pm On May 02, 2013
Hope Eze Promoe will share popcorn to us viewers? undecided
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 02, 2013
About time.....
D-Explorer:

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

"Who Is Fvcking Her?" / An Interview With Ivvy, Lanicky And ChubbyT / ***where Can I Get POSTINOR-2*** I'm Not Ready To Carry A Baby**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.