Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,674 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy (27678 Views)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / The Act Of 'giving To God' As Explained By Pastor E. A. Adeboye / First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by kkulaja(m): 7:57am On May 05, 2013
Definitely good xtians when newly joined together should not forego taking sometime out even in their tiredness to praise God and thank him for the success of the wedding,But when you call abstinence after wedding "Giving 1st fruit"then I think there is a misinterpretation somewhere,cos I see no 1st fruit anywhere unless the pastor tells you to bring your wife to stay the night with him,then I can understand the meaning of 1st fruit.I hope with time they won't discover the wisdom of the wife giving the pastor her 1st fruit.I'm only thinking of the mystery behind absitinence on wedding night as 1st fruit sacrifice,who is then having the 1st fruit?maybe the pastor should have used another word like advice them to pray thru D nite rather than term it as givin of 1st fruit in marriage cos if its starts now later fit be pastor food
God forgive me if I said wrong,

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by free2ryhme: 8:00am On May 05, 2013
Yvete: Just curious to know if anyone has done this?

The idea is, just as you offer your first fruit of labor to God, likewise it is encouraged, not mandatory to offer your wedding night as a first fruit of marriage. Basically, a newly wedded couple should abstain from intimacy on their wedding night and instead spend the night singing praises, and giving thanks in prayer. grin grin

My pastors wife encouraged this "oath" or "offering" at pre-marital class. Although, some guys were straight up honest, " NO!". They weren't smiling. smiley I think its a good way to start off married life (to pray against mis-fortunes, to pray for unborn children, ...etc). "Bring the best of the first fruits of your soil to the house of the Lord your God" (Ex. 23:19). Has anyone ever pledged to do this?

are your assumptions biblical
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by salt1: 8:01am On May 05, 2013
Another bizarre one from a person seeking relevance! Just when you think you've heard it all, another supposed apostle of new understanding springs up.
God hates intimacy outside marriage which is why He established marriage. Here comes a prophetess telling a couple that they will honour God more by defeating the very purpose for marriage.
I've heard of those advising couples that there should be no intimacy on sundays because it's a holy day!
My advice to op and her cohorts: don't cause people to mock your religion. Secondly, teach the things that will take you and others to heaven. Don't add to the words of God and don't remove from them

3 Likes

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:01am On May 05, 2013
[size=16pt]YOU DONT SEE US TRADITIONALISTS SACRIFICING TO LORD AMADIOHA ON OUR WEDDING NIGHT BEDROOM, DO YOU?

NIGERIANS WAKE UP! THIS A SCAM BY OP AND HER PASTOR TO HOLD YOU IN COMPLETE MENTAL BONDAGE![/size] angry angry angry angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Nobody: 8:07am On May 05, 2013
it wouldnt amount to anytging cos 'Tunde and Sade had been sleeping with each other before marriage. Avoiding it that night amounts to nothing, except for virgins
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by olarwarlay(m): 8:28am On May 05, 2013
Some people here need to learn the correct interpretation and comprehension of write-ups. The OP never asked anyone to do this, She started by saying "Just curious to know if anyone has done this".

Well IMO, it's not a must for it to happen that night. Shebi they are married already, they can do that anytime, anyday.

I guess the decision is their's to take.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Raypawer(m): 8:34am On May 05, 2013
I.Joan:
You guys should be tired from the hustle and bustle of the wedding sad, so why not relax that night with praise and worship songs cheesy, then do whatever you want to do the next morning undecided!

You should have been praying since courtship started, right? lipsrsealed

abi! Even if nt tired, praises and prayers mandatory to clear the spiritual channel of blessings...

My view (Genesis 4:4)

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Ishilove: 8:47am On May 05, 2013
You can do the both if you have the energy. After some serious, spirit filled praise, worship and prayers, you move to the holy, gangster consummation chap chap! grin cheesy
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by vuduchild(m): 8:48am On May 05, 2013
i need a virgin too lola. If you can boast of having two virgins as friends..i think u still have more..lol. Abeg i dey wait for your reeponse ooo

lola.luv:
Its not too big a price to pay. After all, the rest of your lives is before you.

I know women could do this. But some men are just too impatient.

Two of my friends got married as virgins. One's husband let her be for about a week, while the other's husband went to get lube that same night.
At the end of the day, different strokes for different folks.
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Reference(m): 8:49am On May 05, 2013
Stop bringing emotion into Christianity. There is a reason Jesus came and died for us. To put an end to these so called sacrifices that He detests.

You can NEVER impress God. No man can. You are saved by GRACE not by works so that you cannot accuse God tomorrow and lower Him to your standards.

Stop all these performance based religious doctrines that get you no where. God ONLY honours HIS WORD. Has the word said so. Have you been specifically asked by God for that sacrifice because God will only honour/reward obedience not feelings or assumptions.
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by jhydebaba(m): 8:49am On May 05, 2013
Who's fooling who Who still wait till wedding night to be intimate in 2013 I dey laugh in tongues cheesy cheesy

One xtian brother actually told me that he did not have s3x with his wife until his wedding night cheesy but brother don nak akpako all the sisters for church finish cheesy make una dey fool us go.
Pastor wife ko, pastor daughter ni tongue ask her whether she gave her own first fruit too
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Reference(m): 8:53am On May 05, 2013
Ishilove: You can do the both if you have the energy. After some serious, spirit filled praise, worship and prayers, you move to the holy, gangster consummation chap chap! grin cheesy

Morning Ishi, how's this sunday shaping.
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by esesuwababy(f): 8:55am On May 05, 2013
I have nor thing 2 add
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by ddeola: 8:55am On May 05, 2013
Hmm wat a great suggestion.To dedicate ur first nite to God by abstaining from intimacy, I think it's a big one
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by funnyx(m): 8:56am On May 05, 2013
There's nothing we won't hear from these pastors, first fruit ko first fruit ni angry
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by tunlex01(m): 9:04am On May 05, 2013
If I hear...d best Ʊ can give to God is to praise aπϑ worship Him aπϑ also commit ♈̲̣̣̥ō̶̲̥̅ϋ̲̣̣̥r future with Him. Dat shouldn't take more dan 2 hours or thereabout. Then Ʊ get down to biznes...can't miss such opportunity at all(after many years of waiting)
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Ishilove: 9:06am On May 05, 2013
Reference:

Morning Ishi, how's this sunday shaping.
Morning Reference. I'm a walking mass of aches this fine sunday morning but the Lord be praised! cheesy
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by osazee12(m): 9:10am On May 05, 2013
na wa o... singing praises with a boner? yeah right
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Ishilove: 9:12am On May 05, 2013
Reference: Stop bringing emotion into Christianity. There is a reason Jesus came and died for us. To put an end to these so called sacrifices that He detests.

You can NEVER impress God. No man can. You are saved by GRACE not by works so that you cannot accuse God tomorrow and lower Him to your standards.

Stop all these performance based religious doctrines that get you no where. God ONLY honours HIS WORD. Has the word said so. Have you been specifically asked by God for that sacrifice because God will only honour/reward obedience not feelings or assumptions.
My thoughts exactly undecided
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Nobody: 9:16am On May 05, 2013
kkulaja: Definitely good xtians when newly joined together should not forego taking sometime out even in their tiredness to praise God and thank him for the success of the wedding,But when you call abstinence after wedding "Giving 1st fruit"then I think there is a misinterpretation somewhere,cos I see no 1st fruit anywhere unless the pastor tells you to bring your wife to stay the night with him,then I can understand the meaning of 1st fruit.I hope with time they won't discover the wisdom of the wife giving the pastor her 1st fruit.I'm only thinking of the mystery behind absitinence on wedding night as 1st fruit sacrifice,who is then having the 1st fruit?maybe the pastor should have used another word like advice them to pray thru D nite rather than term it as givin of 1st fruit in marriage cos if its starts now later fit be pastor food
God forgive me if I said wrong,

This is another dimension oooooo....hehehehehe. U are a clown.
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by KDULAR: 9:17am On May 05, 2013
Issues like this is one of the reason why I love Christianity, the Word will state something in clear terms and in principle, allows you to seek the Holy Spirit guidance in the personalized and specific applications to situation. Meaning you seek His guidance at All times. However the product (work)from such actions taken will reveal your relationship with( faith)God. Those who have similar relationship will recognize your actions and give glory to God (This is irrespective of denominations). This is unlike when before u eat do this, before you fight do this , when walking od the road do this or when you want to kill do this. People will now be engrossed in pretending and exhibiting piety which is not from their inward but JUST TO SHOW.

I don't think that scripture is to be interpreted in that manner. Although if you think you want to honour God in that manner or any other way, it is left to you ( If anyone picks a day for the honour and Glory of God no problem). That teaching is not what Pastors are meant to teach it is not to even give laws but to bring people to that place in the Word (Pasture) where they can feed effectively and not to force pastures into their mouths ( Give laws).
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by esere826: 9:23am On May 05, 2013
@ OP

Jesu Christi !!!! shocked
wetin be dis again naw
we could as well slaughter our first borns as first fruit offerings

I'm outta here
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by holuhsheun(m): 9:25am On May 05, 2013
God ll forgive u

2 Likes

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by rhozay96(m): 9:27am On May 05, 2013
Like Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ say here I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ india...."Andaz apna apna"....†̥O̅ each his own style.
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Policewoman(f): 9:32am On May 05, 2013
Yvete: Just curious to know if anyone has done this?

The idea is, just as you offer your first fruit of labor to God, likewise it is encouraged, not mandatory to offer your wedding night as a first fruit of marriage. Basically, a newly wedded couple should abstain from intimacy on their wedding night and instead spend the night singing praises, and giving thanks in prayer. grin grin

My pastors wife encouraged this "oath" or "offering" at pre-marital class. Although, some guys were straight up honest, " NO!". They weren't smiling. smiley I think its a good way to start off married life (to pray against mis-fortunes, to pray for unborn children, ...etc). "Bring the best of the first fruits of your soil to the house of the Lord your God" (Ex. 23:19). Has anyone ever pledged to do this?
It is good. But wouldn't make sense to me if the couple had already begun enjoying the "fruits” before their wedding cool

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by fuckluv(f): 9:35am On May 05, 2013
scobaba:

Rezzy has a 'daddy'.
cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by lolaluv1(f): 9:36am On May 05, 2013
supaeagles:
I hope the 1st husband was not knacking the house girl during that week oh !

How?
Would you throw away a 10/10 for a jumpoff?

The guy worships the ground she works on. He literarily had to part the red sea to marry her.

She's a motivation to any right-thinking human and the virginity was just a plus. Not the major deciding factor.
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Policewoman(f): 9:44am On May 05, 2013
We women can do without sex so I don't personally see not consumating my marriage as a sacrifice. How about donating that wedding gift (car, fridge, Home theatre, Jewelry, e.t.c) to God (or to the poor) as 1st fruit of marriage? That makes more sense to me.

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Reference(m): 9:44am On May 05, 2013
Ishilove:
Morning Reference. I'm a walking mass of aches this fine sunday morning but the Lord be praised! cheesy
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by Reference(m): 9:47am On May 05, 2013
Ishilove:

The joy of the Lord is your strength. Stay positive.
Re: Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy by lolaluv1(f): 9:52am On May 05, 2013
vuduchild: i need a virgin too lola. If you can boast of having two virgins as friends..i think u still have more..lol. Abeg i dey wait for your reeponse ooo

First, are you one too?

And it's not about having virgins as friends but about having friends who respect and value their bodies.

And virginity shouldn't be a deciding factor for marriage. The 2nd girl I talked about needed a strong, secure man because she's a tough lady. And she got it.
If it had been any other, they would have been very unhappy, virginity or not.
So I would advise you go for who you're compatible with, virgin or not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... / Zimbabwe Blocks Chris Okafor, Nigerian Prophet Who Said Mugabe Would Die / Prophetess Faith Aigbe Of Christ Restoration Bible Church Heals A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.