Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Should Parents Have A Say In Their Son/daughter's Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Parents Have A Say In Their Son/daughter's Relationship? (1989 Views)

10 Things Ladies Say In The Romance Section Which Makes Guys Bash Them / Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? / Should Parents Choose Partners For Their Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Parents Have A Say In Their Son/daughter's Relationship? by awonboiz: 1:39pm On Apr 16, 2008
Should parents have a say in their son/daughter's relationship?

If you think they should have a say in your relationship to what extent should it be?

Do parents have the right to break the relationship
Re: Should Parents Have A Say In Their Son/daughter's Relationship? by kalmebad(f): 2:28pm On Apr 16, 2008
@Topic

Parents should be a decision maker only on the nagative part of the relationship when need be
Sometimes their words and advice are that of wisdom
But that also doesn't mean that their verdict is final in all cases
I personaly will weigh the pro'/con's of their reason before i buldge.
Re: Should Parents Have A Say In Their Son/daughter's Relationship? by bawomolo(m): 2:34pm On Apr 16, 2008
they can only give advice. other than that, mind ur business about your adult children
Re: Should Parents Have A Say In Their Son/daughter's Relationship? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 16, 2008
yes, advise but don't push
Re: Should Parents Have A Say In Their Son/daughter's Relationship? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 16, 2008
i believe parents should make their children see the other side of a relationship. then leave them to make up their minds
Re: Should Parents Have A Say In Their Son/daughter's Relationship? by Busta(f): 3:45pm On Apr 16, 2008
Of course.

up to the kids if they wanna take that advise or not.
Re: Should Parents Have A Say In Their Son/daughter's Relationship? by tRoOE(f): 5:00am On Apr 17, 2008
My mom isn't the type that poke nose into people relationship, lai lai she will allow you to do but still advice you regarding how relationship should be handled in a mother view and knowledge

And as for my dad, anything goes for him. very easy going man kiss kiss
Re: Should Parents Have A Say In Their Son/daughter's Relationship? by reniks(f): 5:34am On Apr 17, 2008
They should have a say but shouldn't impose or try to make decisions for their children.
Re: Should Parents Have A Say In Their Son/daughter's Relationship? by bigfather(m): 8:05am On Apr 17, 2008
reniks:

They should have a say but shouldn't impose or try to make decisions for their children.
All correct sir !
Re: Should Parents Have A Say In Their Son/daughter's Relationship? by acidrop(f): 8:08am On Apr 17, 2008
yes ofcourse, if they not having a say. ur heart is not safe
Re: Should Parents Have A Say In Their Son/daughter's Relationship? by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 17, 2008
Advice, maybe. As long as that "advice" doesn't become meddlesome. Advice doesn't have to be taken.

I feel it's best for folk to make up their own minds. Sometimes, it's best for us to find out the hard way.

As for a grown man asking his parent's approval to marry a girl? He can't be ready to settle down.

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between Passion[lust] And Love / She's At It Again-bb Gurls / 5 Best Ways To Treat Your Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.