Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,762 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Remembering Bayo Adegboyega Aka Atayero - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Remembering Bayo Adegboyega Aka Atayero (4423 Views)

Remembering Dagrin: His Life, Death, Legacy / "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . / Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Remembering Bayo Adegboyega Aka Atayero by spora1: 2:36pm On Apr 16, 2008
The death of renowned Gospel artiste, Evang. Bayo Adegboyega was received with shock. shocked Adegboyega, aka Atayero died on Monday evening, 7th April, 2008 while observing his siesta after he returned from a trip to Ilorin. cry cry

The Gospel minister, according to family sources, had a long battle with diabetes, which eventually led to the loss of his two eyes. He tried to raise funds for the eye surgery abroad in vain, he actually died in penury. sad

I could remember watching his works while growing up in our b&w tv with clips of wars and SA's apartheid. I must confess that it was from his work I first heard of the name, Nelson Mandela. Some of his evergreen include Atayero wa taye se, Ilu le (koko o, Olorun wa so'lu dero o), Pataki l’obinrin, Itunu, Oko Nigeria (ma re loju agbami) smiley and many others.

Adegboyega, aged 52 was an indigene of Ogun State.

May his soul rest in perfect peace.

1 Like

Re: Remembering Bayo Adegboyega Aka Atayero by DrFerlie(m): 2:46pm On Apr 16, 2008
may his soul rest in peace sad sad sad sad cry cry cry cry
Re: Remembering Bayo Adegboyega Aka Atayero by osuulola(m): 8:15am On Dec 12, 2023
Rest on in peace

(1) (Reply)

Trying To Remember An Old Song. / How I Avoid The Fuji War- Remi Aluko / Ghostmode: Phyno Vs Olamide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.