Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306200 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 12:11am On Jan 31, 2011
earthrealm:

'former, your question isnt so clear,
are u travelling on a visiting visa 2 uk 4 how long?
if short, its best u buy return, its cheaper, 1 way flightds are more expensive if u add the return leg.

judging y the figures u wrote, i think they r all return except qatar,

go the websites n chk again, its simple, when navigating the site, select return or single depending on the one u want.

cheers

Sup Hon kiss longest time, fancy seeing you here cheesy Been so long since I last heard from you, you should have at least 3 wives and 17 children by now tongue cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 31, 2011
former:

A travel bureau gave me this price lists

Qatar. . . . . .107,632 naira
Airfrance. . . .205,096 naira
KLM. . . . . . . 203, 200 naira
BA. . . . . . . . .293, 500 naira

I plan booking my flight tomorrow with Qatar, but i would have prefer KLM, can i book their return? What's the difference/implication (if any) between booking a one way or booking a return? Sorry for my question, I'm a first time traveller!
shocked

Are you travelling during Xmas period? 

Your travel agent is a BIG THIEF!!!! Divide the quoted prices by Half and you will get the REAL PRICE!

What stops you from booking your ticket and buying it YOURSELF?  Seriously i dont know why some people are too lazy that you cant do simple things ursef but rather prefer giving someone exorbitant money to do the same service you can do within less than 5 mins 

Tickets are very cheap  at this time of the year before summer and xmas period.

Check BA site.
http://www.britishairways.com/travel/home/public/en_ng

KLM

http://www.klm.com/travel/ng_en/index.htm

Emirates
http://www.emirates.com/english/index.aspx

Not forgetting AFRIQUYAH AIRWAYS whose price is a steal but they do have stop-overs at Libya
Afriqiyah Airways
Address 7, Keffi Street, SW Ikoyi, Lagos.
Phone: +234 1 2690276, 2690280
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by earthrealm(m): 2:28pm On Jan 31, 2011
@ poster, if u intend to carry much luggage, try arikair, www.arikair.com, they hv the largest luggage allowance 30kg X 2, all the others hv 23kg X 2. i paid abt 180k return on my last trip to during the xmas season, tickets are a lot cheaper now!, so get off that aszss of urs n chk the internet!!!!

Busy_body:

Sup Hon kiss longest time, fancy seeing you here cheesy Been so long since I last heard from you, you should have at least 3 wives and 17 children by now tongue cheesy

lmao!, busy_body!!!, u left me na and was running after 190 and mr cock,
and u got it somewhat wrong, i gat only 2 wives and 3 concubines, and just 4 kids, latex is still in vogue u know, my dear
missed u loads, cheesy wink smiley angry cool shocked
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by worry246(m): 4:56pm On Jan 31, 2011
angry
Just remember if you use Arikair for cheap ticket and baggage
Don't com back moaning about only getting orange juce and 8 hour delay!!!! grin shocked grin shocked cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by prestigejayjay: 6:20pm On Jan 31, 2011
House pls I need your contribution.
I am a Church Organist here in Nigeria. My church is sponsoring me for Organist Seminar/Workshop in Uk. The Seminar is just for a week.
On applying for the seminar, they advice me to go and apply for VISA b4 collecting any WORKSHOP FEES from me.
They said that they can only collect any Fee from me only If my VISA is granted.

Pls, I will like to know the necessary documents that I will need to apply for my VISA to be granted.
Co my Revrend ant u to tart the application probably net week
Thanks in anticipation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:48pm On Jan 31, 2011
prestigejayjay:

House pls I need your contribution.
I am a Church Organist here in Nigeria. My church is sponsoring me for Organist Seminar/Workshop in Uk. The Seminar is just for a week.
On applying for the seminar, they advice me to go and apply for VISA b4 collecting any WORKSHOP FEES from me.
They said that they can only collect any Fee from me only If my VISA is granted.

Pls, I will like to know the necessary documents that I will need to apply for my VISA to be granted.
Co my Revrend ant u to tart the application probably net week
Thanks in anticipation

Do you have any invitation letter from the workshop/Seminar organisers in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by prestigejayjay: 10:34pm On Jan 31, 2011
@Justwise
No invitation letter from them, but they only sent a mail to me that I should first apply for my VISA b4 Paying for the SEMINAR FEES.
So what and how will I do that.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:58pm On Jan 31, 2011
prestigejayjay:

@Justwise
No invitation letter from them, but they only sent a mail to me that I should first apply for my VISA b4 Paying for the SEMINAR FEES.
So what and how will I do that.
Thanks

You can't apply for visa without an invitation letter from the pple organising the workshop, you need to show proof that u are going for workshop, its not about saying it but hard evidence.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by worry246(m): 9:47am On Feb 01, 2011
So many people have used the Seminar/Workshop trick to get into country then abscond.
Now boarder agency & organisers are watching for fraudsters.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mrman3(m): 10:10am On Feb 01, 2011
Justwise- Thanks for your concern so far. Which bank can i pay the application fee in?,am i going to submit d original documents or just photocopies?.

Please,i need an urgent answer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by earthrealm(m): 12:32pm On Feb 01, 2011
mr.man:

Justwise- Thanks for your concern so far. Which bank can i pay the application fee in?,am i going to submit d original documents or just photocopies?.

Please,i need an urgent answer

u can pay in accredited sterling bank brances or at the visa submition centre [+N500].
U WILL SUBMIT THE ORIGINALS AND PHOTOCOPIES OF ALL UR DOCUMENTS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mrman3(m): 12:37pm On Feb 01, 2011
earthrealm:

u can pay in accredited sterling bank brances or at the visa submition centre [+N500].
U WILL SUBMIT THE ORIGINALS AND PHOTOCOPIES OF ALL your DOCUMENTS

Thanks. Please,how many photocopies of each document should i make?. just one or two copies each?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 01, 2011
mr.man:

Thanks. Please,how many photocopies of each document should i make?. just one or two copies each?

55 copies each! cheesy

Dont forget to ask the next question;

If you will need to fill any application form!  undecided
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mrman3(m): 1:12pm On Feb 01, 2011
bankeaj:

55 copies each! cheesy

Dont forget to ask the next question;

If you will need to fill any application form!  undecided

Sharap jare, who ask u question. sheor angry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 01, 2011
mr.man:

Sharap jare, who ask u question. sheor angry

grin  grin

No b your fault, you ask question for forum; i answer, no b d ans u dey find? oohhhhhh na 55 copies each i make o  grin siddon dia  dey ask how many people go dey embassy when u go go submit  no  check embassy site tongue tongue yeye
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by former: 3:19pm On Feb 01, 2011
I'm on a s
earthrealm:

'former, your question isnt so clear,
are u travelling on a visiting visa 2 uk 4 how  long?
if  short, its best u buy return, its cheaper,  1 way  flightds    are more expensive if u add the return leg.

judging y the figures u wrote, i think they r all return except qatar,

go the websites  n chk again,  its simple, when navigating the site,  select  return  or  single   depending on the one u want.

cheers

I'm not travelling on a visiting visa, my visa type is "Visa tier 4 (general) student"
And i have this question to ask, besides the visa stamped on my int. passport, is there any other document(s) i'm supposed to hold, because when i rip open my package from the UK high commission, I have all the documents i submitted and this big brown envelope and on it, they wrote
"Please do not tamper with the seal of this envelope. If found so, you'll be asked to start the application process from beginning." So i thought there might have been a misplacement or something, What's the envelope meant for?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by earthrealm(m): 5:25pm On Feb 01, 2011
see the uk - nigeria visa site, get all ur info here

http://www.ukvac-ng.com/

ok student visa, thats prolly a 1way ticket, its fairly cheap, btw 70k and 11ok, depending on the airline and time of travel

nb:op u know u shud wait until u get ur visa, b4 buying any ticket?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by former: 9:34pm On Feb 01, 2011
@earthrealm
What convinced me enough that i got my visa is a stamp on one of the pages of my international passport that carried my passport photograph, and the kind of visa they gave me "Visa tier 4 (general) student" with other datas like my birthdate, duration of my stay in the UK, the hours of my work limit (10 hours per week), the sponsor liscence number of my school. What other document(s) must i hold?

PS:DON'T MIND ANY OR ALL OF MY QUESTIONS THAT MIGHT SOUND STUPID, I HAVE NEVER TRAVELLED OUT OF NIGERIA BEFORE, SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT VISA IS OR WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 11:12pm On Feb 01, 2011
former:

@earthrealm
What convinced me enough that i got my visa is a stamp on one of the pages of my international passport that carried my passport photograph, and the kind of visa they gave me "Visa tier 4 (general) student" with other datas like my birthdate, duration of my stay in the UK, the hours of my work limit (10 hours per week), the sponsor liscence number of my school. What other document(s) must i hold?

PS:DON'T MIND ANY OR ALL OF MY QUESTIONS THAT MIGHT SOUND silly, I HAVE NEVER TRAVELLED OUT OF NIGERIA BEFORE, SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT VISA IS OR WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE

What you have is a student visa, you got nothing to worry about. You maybe asked questions at the airport about your course or u may not be asked any question at all. Don't panic
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by zibby(m): 11:30pm On Feb 01, 2011
You're good to travel with your visa, former. It would be a good idea to have admission-related documents handy (in hand luggage) and to be well prepared to answer questions regarding your course. (Where you will study, what you will study, how long it'll be for, etc). Good luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by zibby(m): 11:44pm On Feb 01, 2011
justwise:

You can't apply for visa without an invitation letter from the pple organising the workshop, you need to show proof that u are going for workshop, its not about saying it but hard evidence.

Quite right, you'll need to apply for a business visit visa. You'll fall under the category of a religious worker attending a conference. For business visas you need to have a covering letter from the organisation sending you (i.e. your church), as well as an invitation letter from the organisation receiving you (i.e. the conference/workshop organisers). Without this, don't bother making the application as you will more than likely be denied.

You should also include evidence that will suggest you have something to come back to Nigeria for (e.g. proof of employment, land ownership, family, sizeable bank account, etc). Obviously you don't have to have everything on the list, but the more ties you have to your country, the more comfortable an immigration officer will be in granting you a visiting visa. I hope you find this helpful!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by zibby(m): 12:00am On Feb 02, 2011
@Ogbechie77, I don't know if you're still monitoring this thread, but here goes anyway. I'm sorry to hear of your visa refusal. What happened is that, because your initial application was made outside the UK, the rules do not allow you to submit fresh documentation for consideration at the appeal. The immigration judge must make up his mind based on the information that was available to the Entry Clearance Officer at the time the initial decision was taken. Any subsequent information submitted will be disregarded.

Sometimes it is better to submit a fresh application than to appeal. This is especially true when key documents were missing from the original application.

For the record, it is possible to submit fresh documents for an in-country appeal (i.e. one submitted in response to a refusal within the UK, and this will be considered, if relevant).

Don't be too worried about the effect of this refusal on your proposed student visa application. As an earlier poster said, each application will be judged on its merits. It's not as if you submitted anything fraudulent. Just bear in mind that you might have to put some emphasis on proving what you have to return to in Nigeria at the end of your studies, i.e. your ties to your home country. Bearing in mind the upcoming changes in the UK to student visas and the post study work category, I suspect that greater emphasis will soon be placed on proving your intention to return to your country after your studies.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ebonie(f): 5:32pm On Feb 02, 2011
I got the tier 1 visa this January after applying last December.

would like to find out the latest time i and my dependants have to enter the uk. The visa is from 1st February .
(Someone i spoke with said i must enter the uk withing 3 months of getting the visa while another said 6 months)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by zibby(m): 11:24pm On Feb 02, 2011
ebonie:

I got the tier 1 visa this January after applying last December.

would like to find out the latest time i and my dependants have to enter the uk. The visa is from 1st February .
(Someone i spoke with said i must enter the uk withing 3 months of getting the visa while another said 6 months)

As far as I'm aware, there's no firm deadline for travelling to the UK after your Tier 1 visa has been granted. However, the longer you leave it, the more you're leaving yourself open to excessive questioning at the UK port of entry. Also you may have to extend your visa more than once to be eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain. I wouldn't be too concerned about the last point, as the rules regarding ILR will likely change in the lifetime of this UK Parliament anyway.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by prestigejayjay: 6:19am On Feb 03, 2011
@Justwise and Zibby, I really find your contribution helpful.
I have mailed the Workshop Organiser to try to send an Invitation Letter to me, but not yet hear from them. because all they are saying before is that I should go and apply and see that I am granted before they can accept any booking from me.
Now I have let them realise that there is no way I can apply for VISA without the Invitation letter from them.
Still waiting for their reply.
Thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:59am On Feb 03, 2011
prestigejayjay:

@Justwise and Zibby, I really find your contribution helpful.
I have mailed the Workshop Organiser to try to send an Invitation Letter to me, but not yet hear from them. because all they are saying before is that I should go and apply and see that I am granted before they can accept any booking from me.
Now I have let them realise that there is no way I can apply for VISA without the Invitation letter from them.
Still waiting for their reply.
Thanks a lot

Don't blame the organisers, they are trying to avoid been used as a gateway to the UK, many pple get the workshop IV, get the visa and never turn up, some go as far as selling that IV to as many pple as possible, flooding the embassy with photo copies of IV from the same organiser. So organisers are being careful thesedays. I hope urs works out. Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bigbumper(f): 12:59pm On Feb 03, 2011
zibby:

@Ogbechie77, I don't know if you're still monitoring this thread, but here goes anyway. I'm sorry to hear of your visa refusal. What happened is that, because your initial application was made outside the UK, the rules do not allow you to submit fresh documentation for consideration at the appeal. The immigration judge must make up his mind based on the information that was available to the Entry Clearance Officer at the time the initial decision was taken. Any subsequent information submitted will be disregarded. . .

Hmmm, akiika, where did you get this from? Is it not the same Immigration law applicable to all regardless of whether you are applying from the moon undecided undecided undecided
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by fishhooks: 1:51pm On Feb 03, 2011
Dear experts and experienced people in the house

I greet you all o and well done for all the unpaid work you are doing. May God bless you all abundantly and send you help when you need. I need advice please.

I am currently on a dependent visa which was got through my brother but the issue now is that I am getting married and would like to know if I am entitled to file for my husband. I have trawled the internet looking for information but can’t find anything and would appreciate if anyone who has had this experience can inform me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by zibby(m): 3:16pm On Feb 03, 2011
big_bumper:

Hmmm, akiika, where did you get this from? Is it not the same Immigration law applicable to all regardless of whether you are applying from the moon undecided undecided undecided

This is the law (more accurately, it was the law las time I checked)! I'm referring to section 85(5) of the Nationality Immigration and Asylum Act of 2002. According to that section, in Entry Clearance cases, i.e. cases outside the UK, evidence is limited to matters arising before and on the date of the decision. I should add that the fresh documents which shed light on circumstances existing on or before the date of decision, they would likely be considered.

I don't want to go off on a lecture about the topic, but if you want more background info I'd be more than happy to oblige.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bigbumper(f): 3:25pm On Feb 03, 2011
zibby:

I don't want to go off on a lecture about the topic, but if you want more background info I'd be more than happy to oblige.

The floor is open cool cool cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 03, 2011
i want to make a new application but am worried if i might not be granted cos made some false presentation in 2007 want to come out clean this time around
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by hypeman2k9: 6:05pm On Feb 03, 2011
Hey People,

I have not been on here for a while, I have a quick question for the guru's in the house (especially funkybaby).
I have a cousin who's entitled to a certificate of abode as he's father was a naturalised British citizen at the time of his birth and he is just about to apply for it with his sisters. The problem here is that, he and one of his sisters are already married but with no kids. The Certificate of Abode form VAF7 I believe is for those entitled to it which would be himself and his sisters. So, I am wondering, Would either of their partners have to fill a VAF 7 with them to apply for a Certificate of Abode as well as the UKBA website doesn't shed more let on this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.