Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,800 members, 7,844,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306537 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by drekid(m): 6:17pm On Jan 13, 2011
@vicjustice Dec 30th.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by former: 6:26pm On Jan 13, 2011
I have to say thanks to everybody, most especially, justwise. I went to pick up my passport today at the British High Commision, I was excited because I'm so sure of getting the visa but alas! I was denied! the ECO said I claimed 10 points for my CAS but my CAS is invalid as the passport number on my CAS statement is entirely different from the CAS statement i submitted, I checked all photocopies for error, but there is none. They gave no right of appeal but administrative review. While I was thinking of considering the administrative review, then a thought came to my mind that it might be the college that made the mistake.  I really don't know why it happened to me, I'm so sad and confused right now, please what could be a cause of this, could it be a mistake by the school? or the ECO?
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ab00: 12:39am On Jan 14, 2011
SO getting a U.K Visa could be fasst, Got mine in 3days [Mon - Thurs]. Tier 4 general student.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by drekid(m): 3:35pm On Jan 14, 2011
@ab00 yea heard student visa doesnt take much processing time coz they only have few things to verify.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:05pm On Jan 14, 2011
former:

I have to say thanks to everybody, most especially, justwise. I went to pick up my passport today at the British High Commision, I was excited because I'm so sure of getting the visa but alas! I was denied! the ECO said I claimed 10 points for my CAS but my CAS is invalid as the passport number on my CAS statement is entirely different from the CAS statement i submitted, I checked all photocopies for error, but there is none. They gave no right of appeal but administrative review. While I was thinking of considering the administrative review, then a thought came to my mind that it might be the college that made the mistake. I really don't know why it happened to me, I'm so sad and confused right now, please what could be a cause of this, could it be a mistake by the school? or the ECO? Thanks.

I'm sorry that u were refused, it could be a mistake from the admission application form u completed or the college as u pointed out, send the college an email and explain to them, they could correct the mistake and re-issue u another CAS.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by former: 11:32am On Jan 17, 2011
@Justwise
Thanks a bunch, I'm getting a new CAS statement from the school today, but, is there any risk associated with re-submitting?because the ECO said they have records of my application, If i go print another account statement and the date doesn't tally with the one they have with them (because they gave me back all documents except my account statement) won't that be a problem? again, when i was filling the application form, there's a part where they asked my parent's age, I don't know it and didn't bother asking, i just picked a random birth date, month and year, If I'm to re-submit, definitely I'll have to pick at random again, if it doesn't tally with the one they have with them? won't that also be a problem? At the last page of my passport, there's an ink stamp of "UK ABUJA" in square, what does it mean? does that mean that i must submit at Abuja? and at the front cover of the passport also, there's a paper barcode stamp, what does it mean? *Jeez i ask too much.* I hope to hear from you soon
Thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Xorcyst(m): 11:35am On Jan 17, 2011
@former
All tier 4 applications @ abuja ergo d stamp. You can submit anywhere it'l be couriered to abuja by themselves
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 11:58am On Jan 17, 2011
former:
@JustwiseThanks a bunch, I'm getting a new CAS statement from the school today, but, is there any risk associated with re-submitting?because the ECO said they have records of my application, If i go print another account statement and the date doesn't tally with the one they have with them (because they gave me back all documents except my account statement) won't that be a problem? again, when i was filling the application form, there's a part where they asked my parent's age, I don't know it and didn't bother asking, i just picked a random birth date, month and year, If I'm to re-submit, definitely I'll have to pick at random again, if it doesn't tally with the one they have with them? won't that also be a problem? At the last page of my passport, there's an ink stamp of "UK ABUJA" in square, what does it mean? does that mean that i must submit at Abuja? and at the front cover of the passport also, there's a paper barcode stamp, what does it mean? *Jeez i ask too much.* I hope to hear from you soonThanks a lot
Xorcyst have answered one of your Qs, choosing a random age is not a good idea, u should have left that if u don't know the answer. Which is school is that? You have to make sure that the College is registered and have good rating OR not suspended at the moment. Re-submitting is not a prob as long as u address the issues the ECO raised when the previous application was refused.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by former: 12:46pm On Jan 17, 2011
@Xorcyst and justwise,
thanks again, do you think it's a better idea if i leave my parent's birthday out on the next application form I'm gonna fill? the school is King's college of management, Manchester, i think my CAS statement carried someone elses passport number when it was recorded on home office database, but it carried my data on the print out, I have called the school to the awareness of the mistake and they promised to correct it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:40pm On Jan 17, 2011
former:

@Xorcyst and justwise,
thanks again, do you think it's a better idea if i leave my parent's birthday out on the next application form I'm gonna fill? the school is King's college of management, Manchester, i think my CAS statement carried someone elses passport number when it was recorded on home office database, but it carried my data on the print out, I have called the school to the awareness of the mistake and they promised to correct it.

That collegs is not registered with HomeOffice, i thought i mentioned that to u b4? Getting ur money from them will be even harder.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by former: 9:57pm On Jan 17, 2011
@justwise
Yes i can't dispute you didn't tell me before, but i didn't get a refund of my money, that's why i decided to just risk, besides, a friend got admitted there few months ago. I just checked and couldn't find the school in the list of registered schools but i think i've seen them there before? my entry clearance was refused due to the fact that my CAS statement carried another person's passport number, how did the ECO got to know that when the school is not registered with home office?
PS. Some (If not all) of my questions might make little or no sense, I'm just too anxious and curious about it all, I've spent about 5-6 months of my life processing this, and it won't just get ugly now, will it? I'm re-submitting tomorrow.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by herself(f): 3:27pm On Jan 18, 2011
am hoping i'll get help and useful info here as others have gotten in the past, am planning to go to the uk in april for my cousin's wedding, its the first saturday of may, on the home office website,it was stated that you show a letter from your school or something to that effect, the thing is am still seeking admission, the admission thingy is still in the works and on my passport,i indicated that am a student, since am not yet in school,how do i go about it?, will it affect my chances of getting the visa?,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Souled: 4:53pm On Jan 18, 2011
Hello all,

Im new here and I tried going back to read the begining of the thread for Visa requirements for family visa, but the list there was from 2008, can someone pls give me an updated list.

My sis is going with her family, hubby and kids, do they all have to fill out individual forms for the parents and kids, the kids are all under five. The husband is self employed (md of hisown outfit) what documents can he present?

They are going to visit family, does the spouse of the person inviting need to sign the sign the invitation letter? Is it of any benefit to use more than one invitation letter? What documents will need to be added to the invitation letter for uk? Would using a lawyer be of any help, a ladys says we should come and pay 50k which according to her is cheap.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ceasyc(f): 5:23pm On Jan 18, 2011
Souled:

Hello all,

Im new here and I tried going back to read the begining of the thread for Visa requirements for family visa, but the list there was from 2008, can someone pls give me an updated list.

My sis is going with her family, hubby and kids, do they all have to fill out individual forms for the parents and kids, the kids are all under five. The husband is self employed (md of hisown outfit) what documents can he present?

They are going to visit family, does the spouse of the person inviting need to sign the sign the invitation letter? Is it of any benefit to use more than one invitation letter? What documents will need to be added to the invitation letter for uk? Would using a lawyer be of any help, a ladys says we should come and pay 50k which according to her is cheap.

more than 1 invitation letter 4 what? lawyer n 50k for what? = imo NO WAY!
brb. others can reply too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Chaoga: 6:31pm On Jan 18, 2011
I just got admitted into a college in Manchester, it's a college offering courses below degree level, is it a kind of "A level" thing? sorry for my question, i'm not familiar with the education system of the UK, please i want to know if i can proceed to university in UK with the school certificate upon completion of my college course?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:34pm On Jan 18, 2011
Chaoga:

I just got admitted into a college in Manchester, it's a college offering courses below degree level, is it a kind of "A level" thing? sorry for my question, i'm not familiar with the education system of the UK, please i want to know if i can proceed to university in UK with the school certificate upon completion of my college course?
Thanks

What is the name of the college and the course u applied for? Courses below degree level could diploma or high diploma or even foundation course.

If the immigration law remains as its now then u can progress to university upon completion
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Chaoga: 6:45pm On Jan 18, 2011
@justwise, i had it on my CAS like this:

"Academic level - NQF 04 leading to NQF 06"
"Course title - CMI Level 4, leading to CMI Level 6Qualifications in Management and Leadership"

@former, King's college of management is registered, Name as; Universal Education Services Ltd T/A King's College of Management.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:51pm On Jan 18, 2011
Chaoga:

@justwise, i had it on my CAS like this:

"Academic level - NQF 04 leading to NQF 06"
"Course title - CMI Level 4, leading to CMI Level 6Qualifications in Management and Leadership"

@former, King's college of management is registered, Name as; Universal Education Services Ltd T/A King's College of Management.

That college is not registered with HomeOffice, pls be careful. This is where you check for registered colleges in the UK

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/employersandsponsors/pointsbasedsystem/registerofsponsorseducation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by former: 6:51pm On Jan 18, 2011
see me see trouble o! I got another CAS yesterday from King's college, printed it today and rushed down to Oregun as usual, i just felt the urge to cross check for error, na God say make i no submit yet, instead of 17/01/2011, it was 17/01/2010 on the CAS statement. Is is that they're just dumb in that school? they made a silly mistake that cost me 55k previously, and yet another in the making!

@Chaoga, thanks. . . . at least a sign of relief, funny, it's the same school, maybe we can hook up if i am successful at last, best of luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Chaoga: 7:01pm On Jan 18, 2011
@justwise, I just checked the link, and yes, it's there, search for Universal education services ltd and you will see the school name in front. they've got A rating (trusted) and is my course diploma or high diploma?
thanks

@former, i wish u success, you can keep me updated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2011
Chaoga:

@justwise, I just checked the link, and yes, it's there, search for Universal education services ltd and you will see the school name in front. they've got A rating (trusted) and is my course diploma or high diploma?
thanks

@former, i wish u success, you can keep me updated

Yes i saw it now though they changed their name cos they were suspended b4, i was looking for king's college b4, they can't be trusted, if BHC refused u visa the school will still take £500 out of the deposit u paid. I can only wish u the very best.

I don't want to scare u or something.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Souled: 9:35am On Jan 19, 2011
Sorry to be a pain sad but can some1 pls post a reply for me, God bless and a reminder

Hello all,

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by herself(f): 9:42am On Jan 19, 2011
Nobody here has said anything about my case, please somebody should advice me on wat to do, please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:38am On Jan 19, 2011
Souled:

Sorry to be a pain sad but can some1 pls post a reply for me, God bless and a reminder
Hello all,
Im new here and I tried going back to read the begining of the thread for Visa requirements for family visa, but the list there was from 2008, can someone pls give me an updated list.My sis is going with her family, hubby and kids, do they all have to fill out individual forms for the parents and kids, the kids are all under five. The husband is self employed (md of hisown outfit) what documents can he present?
There is no need for a lawyer or pay anybody to do it, your sis need to apply for family visit visa, only one form to fill, in that form she will have to indicate that she is going with her kids who are under five, she will have to attach their birth certificates with the visa application form and one invitation letter is all she need. If she is invited by a family friend then that person have to prove that him or her has enough place to accommodation them all. If your sis or her hubby is sponoring the trip then bank statement that will show enough money for the trip to the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:42am On Jan 19, 2011
herself:

am hoping i'll get help and useful info here as others have gotten in the past, am planning to go to the uk in april for my cousin's wedding, its the first saturday of may, on the home office website,it was stated that you show a letter from your school or something to that effect, the thing is am still seeking admission, the admission thingy is still in the works and on my passport,i indicated that am a student, since am not yet in school,how do i go about it?, will it affect my chances of getting the visa?,

You just have to indicate that ur admission is a working progress, the diffult thing is to convince the BHC that u be returing back to Nigeria after the visit. Its 50/50 situation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by herself(f): 11:06am On Jan 19, 2011
Thanks for the response,justwise, of course,i'll be coming back but THEY don't know that, how do i convince them i'll be back?what do i show to prove i've got enough ties back here to bring me back?, appreciate ur help,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 19, 2011
Hi, Justwise and everyone that has contributed significantly to this topic.

Pls i have some issues that i need to clarify.

My elder brother is geting married in the UK in some months time and the whole family has been processing their visas>
however my uncle (who used to help us with IV Letters in the past) just decided that he cannot send us invitation letters cos he dosent want it to affect his status.

Question is can my brother who has a 2yr work visa, is getting married to a citizen and has a job invite me?
If yes, what does he have to send down to validate the process?
i have been given a 6months and 2 years Visa in the past so i dont know if i will still need to bother about an IV letter and all that however i am more concerned about my 2 youngest sisters who have never applied.

My parents still have valid visas but mine expired in  oct 2009

thanks for ur anticipated help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 3:07pm On Jan 19, 2011
@ aniiseg

Your brother can invite u as long as he can show that he is capable of doing so, If has a good job and an accommodation for all of u attending the wedding then good, OR you can decide to book for hotel accommodation for the duration of ur stay in the UK.

Your brother can send u his payslip/bank statement, his tenacy aggreement, data page of his passport and the IV.

If ur two sisters are not working or have something that could bring them back to Nigeria then it will be hard for them to be issued a visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 3:09pm On Jan 19, 2011
herself:

Thanks for the response,justwise, of course,i'll be coming back but THEY don't know that, how do i convince them i'll be back?what do i show to prove i've got enough ties back here to bring me back?, appreciate your help,

I don't really know, its always a difficult one when one is not working or studying.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 19, 2011
Thanks @ justwise
they are students in private uni so that shld be good enuf
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 3:58pm On Jan 19, 2011
aniiseg:

Thanks @ justwise
they are students in private uni so that shld be good enuf

It may help, though they need to get a letter from their school, will they be on holiday then?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2011
@justwise

i think so they shld av finished their exams by then
i will tell them 2 get their letter of identification, thats all they need right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.