Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,527 members, 7,850,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:16 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306700 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 11:20am On Aug 26, 2011
ritze:

tanx justwise
N101,000

That will be difficult, your flight alone will take half of that N310, u don't have anything to fall-back on after your visit to the UK. That is my opinion though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ritze(m): 11:23am On Aug 26, 2011
i intend to state in d application dt i will be going by December
what abt that
i feel they shld reason i shlda goten more cash by then
Am not arguing, its my opinion though,
what u tink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 11:57am On Aug 26, 2011
ritze:

i intend to state in d application dt i will be going by December
what abt that
i feel they shld reason i shlda goten more cash by then
Am not arguing, its my opinion though,
what u tink

They can only judge ur application on the materials in front of them, not on what u promised to do in months time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ritze(m): 12:05pm On Aug 26, 2011
Well taken
Thanks a bunch
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by cutesy(f): 4:18pm On Aug 26, 2011
Hi guys!

First of all I want to say a big thank you to the people who's comments went a long way in securing my Visa, "Thank youuuu kiss "

Ok.

Now, a little issue. I was given, but my kids weren't. cry

The BHC provided me with an appeal form with 28 days to appeal. Grounds of appeal were :

1.Not enough evidence that na me born my pikin angry

2.Not enough evidence that them papa gree make them comot.

On a serious note, do I appeal or do I simply re-apply, (gbese).

Thanks for the anticipated prompt and on-point response,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 5:18pm On Aug 26, 2011
cutesy:

Hi guys!
First of all I want to say a big thank you to the people who's comments went a long way in securing my Visa, "Thank youuuu kiss "
Ok.
Now, a little issue. I was given, but my kids weren't. cry
The BHC provided me with an appeal form with 28 days to appeal. Grounds of appeal were :
1.Not enough evidence that na me born my pikin angry
2.Not enough evidence that them papa gree make them comot.
On a serious note, do I appeal or do I simply re-apply, (gbese).
Thanks for the anticipated prompt and on-point response,
If you appeal . .u will win but it will take ages, probably next yr, reapplying is ur best bet.
You need to submit their birth certificates, ur marriage certificate and letter of consent from ur husband.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by cutesy(f): 5:31pm On Aug 26, 2011
Wow!!! @Justwise, that was fast (y)

Thanks, so I go through the whole process again? Do I need to wait till the 28 days expires, or I can start on Monday (i.e 7 days)?

Also will I need to get another invitation letter or use the same one that got me mine?

Will I need to re-submit my passport and visa with their application?

Will I need to submit the notice of refusal and appeal forms

And will I need to pay full 19+ k per child again cry

NB: I put in their birth certificates and my marriage cert before and was refused , what else do I put in apart from what you mentioned above and family pictures,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 5:55pm On Aug 26, 2011
cutesy:

Wow!!! @Justwise, that was fast (y)
Thanks, so I go through the whole process again? Do I need to wait till the 28 days expires, or I can start on Monday (i.e 7 days)?
Also will I need to get another invitation letter or use the same one that got me mine?
Will I need to re-submit my passport and visa with their application?
Will I need to submit the notice of refusal and appeal forms
And will I need to pay full 19+ k per child again  cry
NB: I put in their birth certificates and my marriage cert before and was refused , what else do I put in apart from what you mentioned above and family pictures,
You don't need to wait till the 28days expires, you can apply anytime, you don't need to get another IV, use the same one.
You don't have to submit your passport(nothing wrong with submitting it though), but you have to write down the visa ref-number and also state it that u have been given a visa on that form (there is a blank space for all that info )

I don't think u need to pay 19k for each, you pay the rate for family visa, check their website for this as i'm not too sure.

You have to re-submit the birth certificates, family pictures and letter of consent from your husband AND a letter to remind the ECO that u submitted  their birth certificates b4 that it appears that it wasn't taken into consideration when the decision was made.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by cutesy(f): 6:09pm On Aug 26, 2011
Hmmmm, Ok. @Justwise.

Thanks!!!

Time to get moving then.

Will keep you posted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:13pm On Aug 26, 2011
cutesy:

Hmmmm, Ok. @Justwise.

Thanks!!!

Time to get moving then.

Will keep you posted.

No worries, all the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by cutesy(f): 6:59pm On Aug 26, 2011
, By the way, fee per person as at July ending for 6 months (family, gen visit, etc) was 19,760, lipsrsealed

Dunno what its gonna be now o,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 27, 2011
, JUst wanna appreciate the efforts and goodwill of a couple of peep, Mouami,Justwise,Omotier, Vicjustice, Thank God , i got my visa afterall, after 11working days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nology: 8:42am On Aug 27, 2011
@dejumotalks Congrats!, which of d application centres, nd what type of visa?. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:46am On Aug 27, 2011
dejumotalks:

, JUst wanna appreciate the efforts and goodwill of a couple of peep, Mouami,Justwise,Omotier, Vicjustice, Thank God , i got my visa afterall, after 11working days.

Congrat!!!! i remembered ur case, enjoy ur time in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 27, 2011
VFS Lekki lagos. I applied for T4 pbs dependant, Thanks again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nology: 9:12am On Aug 27, 2011
@dejumotalks, did u pay 4 d VIP 10K stuff when u applied?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 27, 2011
The process was a breeze, very orderly.U don't need VIP unless you just want to dash dem money.Just get dere ontime as they start collecting papers by 10am-3pm Mon-Fridays.

Get all ur papers complete ,pray and be positive.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nology: 10:53am On Aug 27, 2011
@dejumotalks Lolz, I've done mine already at Lekki on Monday 22nd. It was cool nd very fast, I went around 10AM. So after u applied, how many times did dey send u d sms?, did u also track your application online?. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 27, 2011
Sms was sent wen I submitted and wen it was ready for pick-up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Temporary: 1:54am On Aug 29, 2011
I recently travelled to the uk, on a vistors visa but at the point of entry I was given a temporary admission because they were not satisfied with my reasons for entry. They also ceased my passport. After 3 days I was granted leave to enter. Do you think I will have any issues when I renew my visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 1:57am On Aug 29, 2011
Temporary:

I recently travelled to the uk, on a vistors visa but at the point of entry I was given a temporary admission because they were not satisfied with my reasons for entry. They also ceased my passport. After 3 days I was granted leave to enter. Do you think I will have any issues when I renew my visa

where you detained for them three days?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Temporary: 6:59am On Aug 29, 2011
erico2k2:

where you detained for them three days?

No, I was granted leave to enter on a temporary basis
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 10:57am On Aug 29, 2011
Temporary:

No, I was granted leave to enter on a temporary basis
Reason Im asking is if your passport is ceased, how then did they allow you into the country without detention? or did it mean e temporary permit was issued on a papper that allows you into the country and then you came back to them three days later you wnet back to pick your passport? people here need to know the facts so we can all advice you truely and wisely.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by joy4you: 11:40am On Aug 29, 2011
Good day everyone,am new here,please i was refused a student uk visa and was adviced to put money in my account for 28days which i have done,the money will complete 28days on the sept. 23th,i was wondering if i can apply that same day because my school resumes 28th of september and enrolment dedline is october 17th,and they said i cannot get an extension, i am very very worried and need to know if there is any chance i would be refused for late submission because i was told i could be refused based on that,please i need your opinion,
thank you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 11:43am On Aug 29, 2011
joy4you:

Good day everyone,am new here,please i was refused a student uk visa and was adviced to put money in my account for 28days which i have done,the money will complete 28days on the sept. 23th,i was wondering if i can apply that same day because my school resumes 28th of september and enrolment dedline is october 17th,and they said i cannot get an extension, i am very very worried and need to know if there is any chance i would be refused for late submission because i was told i could be refused based on that,please i need your opinion,
thank you all.
Im not truly tuned when it comes to student VISA cos I did not go fru that rout having said that, who is giving you al them infos, I would like to say do it 29 days after if you could, and you written/call the school and heard from them directly saying they cant extend registration? I know you are paying and they need your money so they might just make an exception 4 you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by joy4you: 12:08pm On Aug 29, 2011
Thanks for your response erico,have actually called the school and explained my situation to them and they said I only have till the end of enrolment after resumption and after that I can't get anymore extension,and I got the info from a friend about the late submission,when I submit,I will only have 3weeks before my resumption,am very worried about this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 12:17pm On Aug 29, 2011
joy4you:

Thanks for your response erico,have actually called the school and explained my situation to them and they said I only have till the end of enrolment after resumption and after that I can't get anymore extension,and I got the info from a friend about the late submission,when I submit,I will only have 3weeks before my resumption,am very worried about this
Thats tough, well you can only do what you got to do bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 12:17pm On Aug 29, 2011
joy4you:

Go ahead and apply, you can still be issued a visa within 5-10 working days. Just make sure u submitted all required documents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by joy4you: 12:21pm On Aug 29, 2011
Sorry,I meant 3weeks before he end of my enrolmentt
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 12:23pm On Aug 29, 2011
justwise:

Go ahead and apply, you can still be issued a visa within 5-10 working days. Just make sure u submitted all required documents.
joy4you:

Sorry,I meant 3weeks before he end of my enrolmentt
there you go ,you still have ample time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EmmaIK: 12:47pm On Aug 29, 2011
please help. i was refused uk entry visa

ECO comment
PBS guidance states that you are required to show that you have held sufficient funds for your first year tuition fees and maintenance costs. These amounts must be held in your personal bank account or your parent’s bank account or in an international bank account for a minimum period of 28days. The end of which must not be more than one month before the date of your application, for which you must show bank statements. Your remaining tuition fees are GBP13200 and your remaining maintenance is GBP 5400. Total GBP18600. As evidence you submitted statements of ………, clinic and maternity. Whilst you may have access to these funds in the company bank account, this account is not evidence of your personal funds and you have not provided evidence that this company operates in more than one country. Therefore it’s not acceptable. I am therefore not satisfied that you have achieved the required 10 points. And therefore refuse your visa application.
Please what do I do since I want to apply again?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 12:49pm On Aug 29, 2011
EmmaIK:

please help. i was refused uk entry visa

ECO comment
PBS guidance states that you are required to show that you have held sufficient funds for your first year tuition fees and maintenance costs. These amounts must be held in your personal bank account or your parent’s bank account or in an international bank account for a minimum period of 28days. The end of which must not be more than one month before the date of your application, for which you must show bank statements. Your remaining tuition fees are GBP13200 and your remaining maintenance is GBP 5400. Total GBP18600. As evidence you submitted statements of ………, clinic and maternity. Whilst you may have access to these funds in the company bank account, this account is not evidence of your personal funds and you have not provided evidence that this company operates in more than one country. Therefore it’s not acceptable. I am therefore not satisfied that you have achieved the required 10 points. And therefore refuse your visa application.
Please what do I do since I want to apply again?

you got your solutiion right there, just address the issues the ECO raised, hold your money in your or parents account for 28 days

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.