Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,529 members, 7,850,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:22 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306701 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by enuose: 2:52pm On Jul 24, 2011
Hello Ause
Plz am very new on here and i have heard alot about this forum that it really helps the novice like me.

Plz į̸̸̨§ there any1 who submitted his or her visit visa application on 4th of July 2011 and has collected his or her visa coz i submitted on 4th of July 2011 and i hvn't get response yet

Plz i need more info
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Omurhobo: 11:24am On Jul 25, 2011
Please i need general help 4rm all.

I have been sent an official letter from football scouting agency administrative manager in uk.they will also be the one to take the responsibility of all my expenses when i get to the uk,including;my accomodation,feeding etc.
The purpose of this letter for me to go for a football training experience for 10 wks and return to nigeria at d end of the training.
In my int'l passport i'm 16yr of age and going there for the purpose of football training.
In this case what are the require document need to apply for the uk visa and what of visa should i apply?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Omurhobo: 11:36am On Jul 25, 2011
Pls@all

i'm playng in local football team in nigeria,the club is not a register club,cn i still use d name of d club 2 do id card?,or request them for letter of consent?,beside,i'm just a o'level holder not yet gain admission into any institution and i'm 16 in d int'l ppt,what will i show as an evidence of my return?,is banks statement needed,will my be require for consent letter after uncle has already been paid?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Omurhobo: 11:55am On Jul 25, 2011
Pls@all

i'm playng in local football team in nigeria,the club is not a register club,cn i still use d name of d club 2 do id card?,or request them for letter of consent?,beside,i'm just a o'level holder not yet gain admission into any institution and i'm 16 in d int'l ppt,what will i show as an evidence of my return?,is banks statement needed,will my dad be require for consent letter?,after the official letter had already stated that all the travellng,training,feeding,accomodation and care expenses had been paid for and therefore they(the scounting official in the uk)will be d one to take all the responsibility in d uk?travellng,training,feeding,accomodation and care expenses had been paid for and therefore they(the scounting official in the uk)will be d one to take all the responsibility in d uk?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 12:04pm On Jul 25, 2011
Omurhobo:

Pls@all

i'm playng in local football team in nigeria,the club is not a register club,cn i still use d name of d club 2 do id card?,or request them for letter of consent?,beside,i'm just a o'level holder not yet gain admission into any institution and i'm 16 in d int'l ppt,what will i show as an evidence of my return?,is banks statement needed,will my dad be require for consent letter?,after the official letter had already stated that all the travellng,training,feeding,accomodation and care expenses had been paid for and therefore they(the scounting official in the uk)will be d one to take all the responsibility in d uk?travellng,training,feeding,accomodation and care expenses had been paid for and therefore they(the scounting official in the uk)will be d one to take all the responsibility in d uk?

Forget about everything else, what the embassy want to know is . . .who is that scouting agency is? Which club in the UK are they scouting for? Are they registered with FIFA or English FA? without all these, u don't stand a chance of getting a visa. .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Omurhobo: 12:42pm On Jul 25, 2011
Yes they are register bodies and have a legal british licence certificate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 12:48pm On Jul 25, 2011
Omurhobo:

Yes they are register bodies and have a legal british licence certificate

If you are 16 or under, ur daddy has to give u letter of consent, if ur club is not registered in Nigeria that may be a problem as it will be difficult to verify any document issued by them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Omurhobo: 1:19pm On Jul 25, 2011
My uncle is also there 2 bck me up nd he intend to include his bank statement,so will cn i also includ my cousine bank statement?,or as under 17 wil my banks statement be regarded?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Omurhobo: 4:00pm On Jul 25, 2011
My uncle in the uk paid and receivd a letter from register football scouting agency administrative manager (licence number)in the uk and snd it me,in order to travel the uk for football training experience and return 2 nigeria at d end of d training.
In d letter,d administrative manager said to be responsible for all my expenses,accomodation,feeding,healthcare etc.
I'm 16yr of age,my local town club is not a register one,will d embassy grant me visa on dat?,and will i be require an id card?,what document shuld i carry b4 applyn 4 visa.what evidence and reason shuld i include in d my own letter indicating my return 2 nigeria?,wuld they request me 4 my bank statement as at dat age 16yr?

Please help@all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 4:57pm On Jul 25, 2011
Omurhobo:

My uncle in the uk paid and receivd a letter from register football scouting agency administrative manager (licence number)in the uk and snd it me,in order to travel the uk for football training experience and return 2 nigeria at d end of d training.
In d letter,d administrative manager said to be responsible for all my expenses,accomodation,feeding,healthcare etc.
I'm 16yr of age,my local town club is not a register one,will d embassy grant me visa on dat?,and will i be require an id card?,what document shuld i carry b4 applyn 4 visa.what evidence and reason shuld i include in d my own letter indicating my return 2 nigeria?,wuld they request me 4 my bank statement as at dat age 16yr?
Please help@all
I'm sorry i don't believe all this story, its either somebody is using u or u are trying to use somebody.

If ur uncle in the UK paid a scouting agent to bring u to the uk for football training then direct all these questions to him. Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by worry246(m): 5:29pm On Jul 25, 2011
The problem of African youths and football schools is widespread all over Europe.
Youths are lured to pay for invitation to sports schools with the promise of playing with world class teams.
When the get here the find no jobs and no money.
They are left on the streets and become a liability to host country.
All Europe is well aware of this scam and sports visas are VERY difficult to obtain.
There are many cases ot national team members from Africa being refused visa even for big events.
Do not waste your money
All real teams will use local scouts watching players.
Even then visa is a problem because of all cheats & scammers that used this method before!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by azpunpin: 9:22pm On Jul 25, 2011
@ALL.

Please, I need a quick response. I was refused twice for a UK Visa and I want to reapply now, at the section where it stated have you been refused entry before. Would I need to state the two reference number there and reasons or should I just state the recent refusal? Please someone should help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:46pm On Jul 25, 2011
azpunpin:

@ALL.

Please, I need a quick response. I was refused twice for a UK Visa and I want to reapply now, at the section where it stated have you been refused entry before. Would I need to state the two reference number there and reasons or should I just state the recent refusal? Please someone should help.

That is what u have to do, just tell the whole truth, don't hide anything. Why were u refused a visa in those two occasions?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by azpunpin: 10:14pm On Jul 25, 2011
@Justwise, below are the reasons:

First reason for refusal.

You state that you will travel to UK for 2 weeks. However, you have given no indication as to how you intend to spend your time,where you intend to travel, what site of interest you intend to visit and why in particular you have chosen the UK for your holiday. While it is not a prerequisite I consider it reasonable to expect you to be able to demonstrated you have some knowledge of your chosen destination and plans. I note you have not traveled to the UK previously and you state you do not know anyone there. In the absence of such information it is difficult for me to make any considered judgment as to your true intentions.

2nd reason again.

The Entry clearance officer noted t hat I said I am a student at Lead City University. He said he was not satisfied that I have provided adequate evidence to substantiate these claims. HE said “although you have submitted a letter purporting to from the University, I am aware that such documents are readily available”
He said he also noted that I have not submitted any official documentation. Confirming my current examination Results. All documentation relating to my examination results are from the 2009/2010 academic year.

I will be happy if you could kindly give me a clue or a draft of how I can advise the issue.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:25pm On Jul 25, 2011
azpunpin:

@Justwise, below are the reasons:
First reason for refusal.
You state that you will travel to UK for 2 weeks. However, you have given no indication as to how you intend to spend your time,where you intend to travel, what site of interest you intend to visit and why in particular you have chosen the UK for your holiday. While it is not a prerequisite I consider it reasonable to expect you to be able to demonstrated you have some knowledge of your chosen destination and plans. I note you have not traveled to the UK previously and you state you do not know anyone there. In the absence of such information it is difficult for me to make any considered judgment as to your true intentions.
2nd reason again.
The Entry clearance officer noted t hat I said I am a student at Lead City University. He said he was not satisfied that I have provided adequate evidence to substantiate these claims. HE said “although you have submitted a letter purporting to from the University, I am aware that such documents are readily available”
He said he also noted that I have not submitted any official documentation. Confirming my current examination Results. All documentation relating to my examination results are from the 2009/2010 academic year.
I will be happy if you could kindly give me a clue or a draft of how I can advise the issue.
That sentence is basically suggesting that u submitted forged document. British embassies keep copies of forged/fake documents submitted by applicants, if u have submitted one then that attracts 10yrs ban, but if the document is original then u have nothing to worry about u can go ahead and apply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by azpunpin: 10:43pm On Jul 25, 2011
@Justwise

The document is original from the school but they never called them to verify and when I asked for one again, they issued almost same thing that looks alike like the previous one. Should I state that they could call the school to confirm the validity of the letter or what do you think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:55pm On Jul 25, 2011
azpunpin:

@Justwise

The document is original from the school but they never called them to verify and when I asked for one again, they issued almost same thing that looks alike like the previous one. Should I state that they could call the school to confirm the validity of the letter or what do you think?

If the doc is original then u have nothing to worry about. They will call the school as long as the number provided goes through.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by azpunpin: 11:00pm On Jul 25, 2011
Justwise. Thanks for the advise, I will just apply but do I need to treat the reasons and how I have tackled it in another sheet?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 11:23pm On Jul 25, 2011
azpunpin:

Justwise. Thanks for the advise, I will just apply but do I need to treat the reasons and how I have tackled it in another sheet?

You will be given space in that form to explain why u were refused, u are allowed to use extra sheet as well if u ran out of space in the form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Omurhobo: 9:32am On Jul 26, 2011
Wht document shuld i carry as an under-age footballer before travlln d uk and wit wht document shuld indicate my return,wen my local team is not yet register wit d nigeria football governin body?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by worry246(m): 10:14am On Jul 26, 2011
Omurhobo
I tried to explain to you in another post!
I will make it simple.
Big clubs do not invite unknown boys for trial.
There are many scam agents or schools who get people to pay them and promise place on football squad.
Boys travel then agent or school abandons them to starve.
You are probably being tricked.
Also all customs / border agecy are aware of scam and sports visa are verry seldom issued.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Omurhobo: 12:11pm On Jul 26, 2011
Ok tnx@worry246
but d truth of d matter is dat my uncle is in d uk and have collected d form 4 me and also gave them one of our relatn who have been d uk 4 6months to train wit them.so hw wil i be trick when my uncle 've met wit them one on one?,
please gve me a reasonable advise?Ok tnx@worry246
but d truth of d matter is dat my uncle is in d uk and have collected d form 4 me and also gave them one of our relatn who have been d uk 4 6months to train wit them.so hw wil i be trick when my uncle 've met wit them one on one?,
please gve me a reasonable advise?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 12:37pm On Jul 26, 2011
Omurhobo:

Ok tnx@worry246
please gve me a reasonable advise?Ok tnx@worry246

What is the name of the scouting agent in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Omurhobo: 1:23pm On Jul 26, 2011
@justwise,
d name is Neal baird
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by cutesy(f): 3:20pm On Jul 26, 2011
Omo_tier, Justwise etc etc

Hi and big ups to the amount of goodness on this thread.

I need your advice an this issue: What can be done if a genuine invitation letter from a relative in the UK has an obvious mistake on it such as the year of birth of one of the invitees? The options being considered are:

1. Request another letter, which will take another two weeks and is really a last resort as he will need to courier it, again .
2. Submit it like that, and hope it doesn't mean anything and will not disqualify the entire visa application!!!
3. Get him to re-do it, scan and email it across, which is the most convenient option for us all
4. Submit it like that, but get him to write another signed letter addressed to d uk embassy, scan and email it, explaining the mistake he made on the initial original letter.

NB: The invitees are all going for the first time!!! Virgin passport alert! All other documents are available, valid and original,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2011
cutesy:

Omo_tier, Justwise etc etc
Hi and big ups to the amount of goodness on this thread. 
I need your advice an this issue: What can be done if a genuine invitation letter from a relative in the UK has an obvious mistake on it such as the year of birth of one of the invitees? The options being considered are:
1. Request another letter, which will take another two weeks and is really a last resort as he will need to courier it, again  .
2. Submit it like that, and hope it doesn't mean anything and will not disqualify the entire visa application!!!
3. Get him to re-do it, scan and email it across, which is the most convenient option for us all 
4. Submit it like that, but get him to write another signed letter addressed to d uk embassy, scan and email it, explaining the mistake he made on the initial original letter.

NB: The invitees are all going for the first time!!! Virgin passport alert! All other documents are available, valid and original,   

If i were u , i will go for one of those 2 hilighted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 5:14pm On Jul 26, 2011
Omurhobo:

Ok tnx@worry246

Since you have an 'uncle' and a 'relative' who have trained with them b4, why not get help from them? Do you think this add up at all?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by evantical: 5:37pm On Jul 27, 2011
please can one get admission into a university in UK with visiting visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2011
evantical:

please can one get admission into a university in UK with visiting visa

You get amission in the UK while u are there with visiting visa but u can't study, u have to go back to Nigeria and obtain student visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by evantical: 6:38pm On Jul 27, 2011
@justwise Tnx,so my visting and later changing to student cant work, even a professional course or masters.how about havin enough money to seek permanent residency with one visiting visa ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:03pm On Jul 27, 2011
evantical:

@justwise Tnx,so my visting and later changing to student cant work, even a professional course or masters.how about havin enough money to seek permanent residency with one visiting visa ?

Unfortunately you can't do anything with visiting visa apart from visit, you can't study ,engage in businesses or apply for permanent residency LEGALLY no matter how much u have.

You can get admission while u are in the UK then return home and apply for student visa, that will be easier for u. Whoever tells u that u can get permanent stay with visiting visa just want to scam you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Fogman(m): 9:26am On Jul 28, 2011
@ All, a friend submitted his application to visit his uncle in UK during his leave period. He was meant to travel on 14th July and return back today (28th July) (2 wks) for resumption of work on 1st August.

Today makes it 27 working days he submitted and not out yet!

1. Does family visit apllication take this long!
2. His intended visit period in UK has elapse, what is the effect of this, with regards to his application?

Will appreciate your answers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.