Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,584 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306282 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 2:05pm On Jun 02, 2008
My nan (gran' ma) wants to travel, but she doesnt have bank statements, payslips, tax clearance, letter from employer etc.
Dear visa gurus, how can she proceed with her application at the BDHC.

Cheers

[size=5pt]since there's no activity here, can the house pls help with this:[/size]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kizzymack(m): 3:37pm On Jun 02, 2008
thanks a lot fellas,

really appreciate it, i can finally get some sleep 2nite,

by the way, this is a great thread!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by realcool: 5:28pm On Jun 02, 2008
you said she is a grama,they are only after the younth that are going to steel there job.all you gra ma need is a complet invitation and bank statement from the person that is inviting her and guy if they person if not really close to her like her so Will never send her back statement.so u need the person bank statement stating that she will be the full sponsor of the trip and the person should have 2x the total money for the trip expenses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by uchchu: 6:28pm On Jun 02, 2008
Hi kizzymack,

I applied and got a 6 months visa with multi entry. I did so with my own bank statement(dont have much in it cos I am a civil servant, payslips, cscs ststament and introduction letter from my employer. they didnt even call me for an interview and they did not call my employer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 7:24pm On Jun 02, 2008
@kizzymack

Dantecmu is right. They will not call as long as all your documents are genuine.

Even if they do call, they will be more concerned on whether or not you are a STAFF of the bank as you have claimed in your application. Now your HR will definately tell them you are a bona-fide staff of the bank,so no worries !
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 11:09pm On Jun 02, 2008
@realcool,
thanx a bunch! grin
Will arrange the documents.

@funkybaby,
long time, you just stayed away from this thread, hope no worries?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by timx(m): 8:28am On Jun 03, 2008
@funkybaby

Hi, i am about to drop my visa application at the lagos vfs centre but someone advised me to submit at the abuja centre 'cos i was refused a visa last year. The ECO said he had doubts over the availability of funds. Is the abuja centre a better option for submission 'cos i stay in lagos.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by realcool: 9:22am On Jun 03, 2008
guy if you are denied a visa in lagos,the better for them,because when they denied you a visa and you apply again they make money so if you applied in Lagos and you where denied.when you get to Abuja they Will denied you again and tell you to go back to Lagos that you havnt finish you application in lagos.i have seen such cases.just to make you to spendmore money so go to lagossssssssssssss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 11:14am On Jun 03, 2008
timx:

@funkybaby

Hi, i am about to drop my visa application at the lagos vfs centre but someone advised me to submit at the abuja centre 'because i was refused a visa last year. The ECO said he had doubts over the availability of funds. Is the abuja centre a better option for submission 'because i stay in lagos.

Submitting your application at Lagos, Abuja or Ibadan makes no difference. Records of your past refusal are already in their central data base. What you should be concerned about right now is addressing all the issues the ECO raised in your past refusal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by timx(m): 11:29am On Jun 03, 2008
@ funkybabay

Thanks for ur reply. Do u think i stand any chance of being issued a visa if i submit a companys account statement acting as a sponsor. Its a family business and it seems the ECO did not see that i was listed as a shareholder. Ill be paying more than 50% of the fees and also accomodation. My Dad is the sole signatory to the account. I will be presenting a board resolution stating that the company has resolved to sponsor me. WHat more do i have to do to be issued a visa. Last year , i was refused when i submitted the companys bank statement along with my application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 11:35am On Jun 03, 2008
@timx

Apart from the company account statement, does your dad or mum have a personal bank account - Huge account balance or not?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by opmoore(m): 12:13pm On Jun 03, 2008
@ FUNKYBABE,londoncool
Going for my visa after winning my appeal can i go with 8.5m in my sponsor statement of acct for a 3 yrs visa.as my previous statement submitted for my original application is 15m.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by timx(m): 12:53pm On Jun 03, 2008
@funkybaby

My Dad has a personal account but it aint fat. I guess his pension gets into that account. But he has lots of stock investments and i do have quite a few myself ans so does my Mum.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mcon: 5:51pm On Jun 03, 2008
Very Interesting posts in this section. Keep It up Guys.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beecrofty(m): 6:33pm On Jun 03, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ty4real(m): 7:40pm On Jun 03, 2008
opmoore:

@ FUNKYBABE,londoncool
Going for my visa after winning my appeal can i go with 8.5m in my sponsor statement of acct for a 3 years visa.as my previous statement submitted for my original application is 15m.

Congrats!You won the appeal and all you need right now is not the amount,But the fact that you have acess to the said funds,high lodgement of funds does not appeal to ECO's,I also want to believ you have an updated current letter from your school cause that is what will be used to issue the start date of the visa.Go with any document that you think will further enhance your chances,the funds in the account will do.All the best and see you in the uk.

beecrofty:

how many weeks must i submit an application for student visa before school resumes?
is tuned

At least a month this is my own suggestion even though they can issue visa for up to 3mths for a later date,but I don't think the Embassy is in their peak period now,but from July,I guess they will be having a lot of applications to handle,just apply as soon as you can at least so you have enough time to also arrange and pack your stuffs once issued the visa.Cheers!

timx:

@funkybaby

My Dad has a personal account but it aint fat. I guess his pension gets into that account. But he has lots of stock investments and i do have quite a few myself ans so does my Mum.

Let him get a letter from his stock broker to back up his investments and he should include in his sponsorship letter that he has so and so investments which could be converted into funds which will readily be made available to you should in case you will need it.Also include your own investments too ,this will act as an eveidence that you have ties back to your home country.Cheers and all the best! ; wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by paribus(m): 8:20am On Jun 04, 2008
Saw this in a Nigerian newspaper. I think it might be beneficial for those wishing to study in the UK and have issues with funding. Regards

******Bank PHB/ British Council pioneer UK Educational loans *******

Bank PHB partners British Council to pioneer UK Educational loans

Nigerian students seeking to pursue higher education in the United Kingdom but limited by funds have been thrown a lifeline by Bank PHB.  The bank, in partnership with the British Council is floating an education finance facility that students seeking to continue their higher education pursuits in UK can tap into.

The Bank PHB Education Loan, which will be available as from May 2008, is aimed at encouraging eligible Nigerians to study in the UK universities through a finance facility provided by the bank. Qualified students will be required to open an Education Account with Bank PHB and build it up to 50 percent of the School fees as advised by the school in question.

Once this is done, the student or guarantor can then apply for a UK Education Loan that will cover the school fees, accommodation and maintenance for the period of education. The 50% deposited amount will be invested on behalf of the candidate by Bank PHB Asset Management and held in Bank PHB till the completion of academic programme

The student or guarantor or parents can apply for the Education Loan as well as service the debt over the tenor of the facility. Those needing immediate loans to finance the education of students already studying in the UK can also apply for the Bank PHB Education loan which is the first of its kind in the country.

Listing the benefits of the educational loan, Francis Atuche, Managing Director of Bank PHB noted that besides the credit facilities to finance study in the UK universities, benefiting students can also access information on the UK universities through the British Council.

According to Mrs Winnie Eley, Deputy Country Director of the British Council in Nigeria, “our purpose is to build mutually beneficial relationships between people in the UK and Nigeria and to increase appreciation of UK’s creative ideas and achievements. We put great care in identifying partners to work together for the benefits of the people in both countries. We are pleased with the progress of collaboration with Bank PHB so far and look forward to the launch of the education loan which aims to provide the opportunity that many Nigerians would value in life.”

Giving further insight into the facility, Olu Akanmu, Divisional Director Retail Banking disclosed that persons applying for the loan could be parents or guardians, who wish to give their children or wards quality education in UK higher institutions or students who wish to pursue higher education in the UK. “Such student will be required to have a sponsor. The sponsor shall assume the responsibilities of the borrower.” “The Education loan is also for individuals who wish to pursue any undergraduate or postgraduate course in any bona fide UK universities. The British Council is the principal source of UK education information for Nigerians.” Olu Akanmu disclosed.

Olu Akanmu revealed that Bank PHB is introducing the educational loan because of the noticeable gap in the market as currently no bank provides education loans, a facility that is easily obtained and available in developed countries. The absence of credit facility is a major barrier to thousands of aspiring and suitably qualified Nigerians.

In accepting to partner with Bank PHB, Mr. Chikodi Onyemerela, New Business Development Manager, the British Council in Nigeria, expressed the Council’s commitment to supporting the many talented Nigerians who could gain serious benefit from a credible credit facility in Nigeria. Mr. Onyemerela commended Bank PHB’s vision to build capacity for Nigeria and the first bank to respond to the credit facility which would no doubt benefit thousands of Nigerians.

According to the figures provided by the British Council, there were 11,500 Nigerians who pursued full-time undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in the UK in the academic year 2006-2007.

Mr. Olu Akanmu noted that “the quest for quality education in the UK will continue and the number of students seeking UK education will grow rapidly if a number of such students can pay their way through these UK schools. It is in response to this that Bank PHB will be partnering with the British Council to provide Education Loan to eligible Nigerians to access tertiary education in the UK.”

The Bank PHB Education Loan ties in with the bank’s focus on developing and inspiring Nigerian youths and contributing to the development of quality human capital in Nigeria. Bank PHB which is the sponsor of the entrepreneur inspiring Apprentice Africa currently showing in five different countries in Africa including Nigeria, also implements the highly valued Bank PHB national scholars scheme which has completed 13 libraries in 13 different public secondary schools in nine states of the country as well as provided scholarships for more about 400 indigent students in these secondary schools.
Last year, Bank PHB became a partner to the British Council’s International Young Creative Entrepreneurs (IYCE) initiative, which identifies and rewards talented young and creative entrepreneurs working across the vast spectrum of the creative world. The Bank also scored another first in 2007 when it became the First Nigerian Company to be invited by the US Embassy to sponsor the highly prestigious Fulbright Scholarship of the US government.

http://www.bankphb.com/live/general/news.php?n=7&mode=story&y=2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 11:08am On Jun 04, 2008
@beecroft

You can submit your application anything as long as it is not earlier than 3months to the commencement of your course of study. It takes an average of 2-4weeks for the application to be assessed and the visa granted or refused. So do the maths.

@timx
If your mum has a bank account, combine it with your dad's personal bank account. State it your application that they are jointly sponsoring your application. Try not to focus too much attention (via words in your application) regarding the company account statement. I know you are really nervous concerning this application and you really want to get it right. Ma worry. It is well. smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 11:09am On Jun 04, 2008
@oopemore

Congratulations. Like what ty4real has said, you are good to go as long as the 'funds have not been standing in isolation'.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by timx(m): 12:07pm On Jun 04, 2008
@funkybaby, @ all

Does the ECO concentrate on the closing balance of the sponsors account? i have an uncle that wants to step in for me but he has like 2M in that account but it is well run because he works in an oil company. He has numerous property investments. Since ill be paying a greater part of my fees will my uncles closing balance affect the ECO's overall decision?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by timx(m): 1:43pm On Jun 04, 2008
@funkybaby

If my uncles account is not bouyant enuff is it possible to use a joint account in my application. i.e my uncles statement + property docs + (my pops company statement + board resolution + propert docs + cert of inc + tax clearance + pops cscs investment documents). The company will state that in case my uncles falters in payment the company will take responsibility of payment. Is this a wise decision? i'll like to have your views on this issue cos im seriously weighing my options
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 6:22pm On Jun 04, 2008
@Timx

You must be careful with these double bank statement you intend using.
My advise even if you would use your Uncle's low bank statement, you need not state his inabililities to fund.so as to provide the basis for a second bank statement.
I not have made these clarifications to you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 9:43am On Jun 05, 2008
timx:

@funkybaby, @ all

Does the ECO concentrate on the closing balance of the sponsors account? i have an uncle that wants to step in for me but he has like 2M in that account but it is well run because he works in an oil company. He has numerous property investments. Since ill be paying a greater part of my fees will my uncles closing balance affect the ECO's overall decision?

timx:

@funkybaby

If my uncles account is not bouyant enough is it possible to use a joint account in my application. i.e my uncles statement + property docs + (my pops company statement + board resolution + propert docs + cert of inc + tax clearance + pops cscs investment documents). The company will state that in case my uncles falters in payment the company will take responsibility of payment. Is this a wise decision? i'll like to have your views on this issue because im seriously weighing my options

@timx

Honestly, if i were in your shoes, i will stick to whatever my parents have. Their bank statements (company and personal), shares certs., landed properties, etc. Collectively,  that should be more than enough prove of their financial capability to sponsor your studies.

I know you have your fears about using company account.  So many people have submitted company account statements with their visa application and they had the visas approved . What you need now is prayers and divine favour that your application will be viewed by an ECO that will not pick holes with the use of a company bank account.

Besides, you need to be consistent with your application. Introducing another sponsor might lead to fresh doubts from the ECO regarding your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by timx(m): 11:50am On Jun 05, 2008
@funkybaby

I have never been this confused before in my life. Now i just dont know which option to follow. I just pray God gives me the right choice to follow cos its really hard to decide cry cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 12:05pm On Jun 05, 2008
timx:

@funkybaby

I have never been this confused before in my life. Now i just don't know which option to follow. I just pray God gives me the right choice to follow because its really hard to decide cry cry

He ya. Ma worry. All will be well. smiley smiley

Lets see if we can break it down a little and see which sponsor is most appropriate.

Answer these questions:

**what is your tuition fees
**how much have you paid or do you intend paying
**what is the cost of 1-3months school accommodation?
**lastly, can you scan and upload the previous refusal notice here ( remove all personal details including the ECO's initials).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by timx(m): 12:14pm On Jun 05, 2008
@ funkybaby

School fees - 11,250 pounds

i paid 6,000 pounds

cost 0f 1 month accomodation - 300pounds

As for the refusal notice ill try n upload that when i lay my hands on it as soon as possible
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by timx(m): 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2008
funkybaby

im online now lets try and communicate thru messnger. plss, cry cry cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by DrKitaun(m): 1:40pm On Jun 05, 2008
timx:

funkybaby

im online now lets try and communicate through messnger. plss, cry cry cry

I thought u was a grown man . . .why u dey cry yourself a river  undecided  grin

ur request granted . . . wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 5:37pm On Jun 05, 2008
Dr Kitaun:

I thought u was a grown man . . .why u dey cry yourself a river undecided grin

your request granted . . . wink

Kit, Agbaya ni e oh ! angry angry

Oya, carry that your quick and sharp tongue back to sports before i count three. . . .1, 2. . . . cheesy smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by JCDejiM: 7:56am On Jun 06, 2008
@ Every1
Is Like The UK http://www.ukvac-ng.com/
Application Tracking Is No More Active,
Cos I've Been Tracking My Wife's Application,
And y Friend Said He Tracked His Own There Aswel,But Nothing Good Come Out,
Pls Can Someone Link How I'll Know Is My Application Submitted In Ibadan Could Be Tracked If Its Ready 4 Collection,
I' Far From Ibadan Now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by walexy(m): 9:24am On Jun 06, 2008
Hi good people of NL,

I was suppose to travel on the 22nd of September, 2007 as specified in my first and initial application form for 6 months tourist visa, but couldn't make it not until 17th November, 2007 as my schedules were very tight then.

Do i need to explain the reason why i couldn't make it on the date specified in my initial application form as am about seeking for a renewal?

Thanking you in anticipation of your usual support.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 9:41am On Jun 06, 2008
@Walexy

I don't think it will be an issue.
But give all details in your new application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.