Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,800 members, 7,851,698 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:47 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306716 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by obitobe: 2:02pm On Sep 16, 2009
@open source
i got my air ticket @$650,the airline is British Airways and i used student travel center @54 Opebi ikeja there numbers are 01-7647611 and 01-8150036.just contact them and know how far
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by opensource(m): 2:25pm On Sep 16, 2009
I think i made some enquiries and was told Arik has the cheapest student one way think selling at #103,000 naira

Guys whats up with Arik air as compared to Virgin-atlantic.

I need your inputs, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 6:13pm On Sep 16, 2009
opensource:

I think i made some enquiries and was told Arik has the cheapest student one way think selling at #103,000 naira

Guys whats up with Arik air as compared to Virgin-atlantic.

I need your inputs, thanks

I'm a flyin club member wiv V.A. and their one way for student is a bit higher than that of Arik. So just go for ARIK if your trying to save some money!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 8:23pm On Sep 16, 2009
Does anyone have idea wht could been wrong with the UK online Visa tracking system, i have been trying to open it and all i get is "Service Unavailable"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nrdgeek: 9:08am On Sep 17, 2009
And so it was tracking day 12, working day 8 - I finally got my visa!
how do I say this without sounding too emotional?
mmpwah! Nairalanders, you guys are too gbasky!
I really, really wanna thank u guys, couldn't have made it thru easily without ur helpful posts.

Now, keeping true with this forums tradition, here are a list of the documents that secured my visa:

1. Final acceptance/Visa letter
2. Degree certificate
3. Original receipt for payment of tuition (I paid the full fees)
4. A passport photograph
5. Personal bank statement (GBP 5825)
6. Fathers bank statement (GBP 15950)
7. A print out of Oanda exchange rate for 3rd September 2009.

Chikena! grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 9:29am On Sep 17, 2009
nrd_geek:

And so it was tracking day 12, working day 8 - I finally got my visa!
how do I say this without sounding too emotional?
mmpwah! Nairalanders, you guys are too gbasky!
I really, really wanna thank u guys,  couldn't have made it thru easily without your helpful posts.

Now, keeping true with this forums tradition, here are a list of the documents that secured my visa:

1. Final acceptance/Visa letter
2. Degree certificate
3. Original receipt for payment of tuition (I paid the full fees)
4. A passport photograph
5. Personal bank statement (GBP 5825)
6. Fathers bank statement (GBP 15950)
7. A print out of Oanda exchange rate for 3rd September 2009.

Chikena!  grin

Congrats! I'm always happy to read success stories. Has your school resumed yet?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ahmakar(f): 12:48am On Sep 18, 2009
Hi guys,
Congrats to those that just got their visa.
Be going to glasgow on saturday, leaving without my baby.
It hurts like hell!!! cry cry cry cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nezerst(f): 1:03am On Sep 18, 2009
ahmakar:

Hi guys,
It hurts like hell!!! cry cry cry cry

sorry guys, posted with my sis's id
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tundejayz: 1:12am On Sep 18, 2009
i feel sad now in a recordin studio here with don simon to cool down all my worries twhile my guy dey enter uk next week,may God do beyter things for us in naija oh, i hope it is not a dead end for peope like me, seun is doin a real great job
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 5:30pm On Sep 18, 2009
i feel sad now in a recordin studio here with don simon to cool down all my worries twhile my guy dey enter uk next week,may God do beyter things for us in naija oh, i hope it is not a dead end for peope like me, seun is doin a real great job
Don't feel bad guy, all is going to be well. Just make sure you are +ve and things will come out fine. Ask any ques and people here will advise you

Hi guys,
It hurts like hell!!

Aight! Make sure u always send somtin to ur baby @ home. Safe Journey

SHALOM
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by torita: 6:53pm On Sep 18, 2009
@ kadman
i was called by the bhc for the visa correction after sending up to five emails. thanks a whole lot 4 the advice
hi nairalanders, already in uk for my postgraduate programme, any nairalander in university of hertfordshire or university of bedfordshire?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by hypeman2k9: 10:38pm On Sep 18, 2009
violent:

Does anyone have idea wht could been wrong with the UK online Visa tracking system, i have been trying to open it and all i get is "Service Unavailable"

Any luck as regards to the status of yours? It's quite a coincidence that we applied on the same day (4th of September) but i'm yet to receive mine (*sighs*). School resumes on the 21st of September being Monday. Today makes it the 11th working day sad This makes me very nervous as each day passes by.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 4:56am On Sep 19, 2009

Any luck as regards to the status of yours? It's quite a coincidence that we applied on the same day (4th of September) but i'm yet to receive mine (*sighs*). School resumes on the 21st of September being Monday. Today makes it the 11th working day Sad This makes me very nervous as each day passes by.

Trust in God nd u`ll get ur visa.

SHALOM
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 1:00pm On Sep 19, 2009
hypeman2k9:

Any luck as regards to the status of yours? It's quite a coincidence that we applied on the same day (4th of September) but i'm yet to receive mine (*sighs*). School resumes on the 21st of September being Monday. Today makes it the 11th working day sad This makes me very nervous as each day passes by.

I havent heard anything either and i applied at their office at Victoria Island cos i heard its faster that way, lets just continue to pray in our hearts, its not worth getting worked up over, cos there is nothing you can do on your part other than to be patient and let God do his work, i hope you have sent a mail to them at your school that you wont be resuming on Monday with them, lets chill till wednesday and see wht will happen
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mevisbleek: 2:46pm On Sep 19, 2009
u all shld take it easy uk visa is very easy to get, its jst patience, it will be ok, capish
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2009
Hi forum, I hope there is someone online that can answer my questions. have being tracking my visa for 13 working days now and there is no success and when I email their V. I office, no positive response. Here is why I am worried. I am going for a fellowship. I am on a full scholarship and my sch sent a letter that did not have all the details they required in point base application like sponsor license and address though I got all the detail in a separate email that I used in my assessment form. I tried sending them the other visa letter I got with the relevant details to no avail. I eventually couriered it.
Now the school has sent another letter that is original as some of my colleagues in other African coutries did not get their visa cuz they said they wanted original letters. I still have the letter with me while hoping they will return my passport soon. I am due to travel today but unfortunately here I am.

I am expecting God's miracle here and I am here to ask you guys what I need to do and if I dont here from them in 15 days should I go to their office in Walter Carrington? If I need to reapply will they not deny my application base on the fact that school has resumed? Pls help me out. God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 5:46pm On Sep 19, 2009
Khadie:

Hi forum, I hope there is someone online that can answer my questions. have being tracking my visa for 13 working days now and there is no success and when I email their V. I office, no positive response. Here is why I am worried. I am going for a fellowship. I am on a full scholarship and my sch sent a letter that did not have all the details they required in point base application like sponsor license and address though I got all the detail in a separate email that I used in my assessment form. I tried sending them the other visa letter I got with the relevant details to no avail. I eventually couriered it.
Now the school has sent another letter that is original as some of my colleagues in other African coutries did not get their visa cuz they said they wanted original letters. I still have the letter with me while hoping they will return my passport soon. I am due to travel today but unfortunately here I am.

I am expecting God's miracle here and I am here to ask you guys what I need to do and if I dont here from them in 15 days should I go to their office in Walter Carrington? If I need to reapply will they not deny my application base on the fact that school has resumed? Pls help me out. God bless.

Hello Khadie,

There's nothing you can do than pray and wait! This is a busy period for them, Hopefully it will be ready before the 15th,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 5:51pm On Sep 19, 2009
Thanks Ea$y, I need info about what I need to do should it be refused since I am skeptical about the visa letter. Will they not refuse it again base on the fact that school has resumed? Do I just get extension letter from this school or something?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nrdgeek: 7:45pm On Sep 19, 2009
£a$y:

Congrats! I'm always happy to read success stories. Has your school resumed yet? 
I'm sorry £a$y, been travelin around some, should have replied your post. My school resumes on Monday, September 21. I'll be leaving for Aberdeen tommorrow. Already bought my ticket before getting the visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by hypeman2k9: 10:18pm On Sep 19, 2009
@suxes2005 - Thanks, I'm really believing that GOD would do it.

@violent - Yes I did send a mail to the International Office of the Uni recently, They gave me till October 5th to enrol. I applied @ V/I Centre too grin

@mevisbleek - Thanks, I have no option but to wait smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 2:38am On Sep 20, 2009
Khadie:

Thanks Ea$y, I need info about what I need to do should it be refused since I am skeptical about the visa letter. Will they not refuse it again base on the fact that school has resumed? Do I just get extension letter from this school or something?

I don't they will, lets be positive here, i have seen afew people get their visa after school has resumed, depends on you doing the right thing. If they give you a few weeks grace, that will be absolutely fine and you can go for it. You know persistence is important,So i will advice you go for it if you can afford it.

nrd_geek:

I'm sorry £a$y, been travelin around some, should have replied your post. My school resumes on Monday, September 21. I'll be leaving for Aberdeen tommorrow. Already bought my ticket before getting the visa.

Have a safe trip! cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 11:18am On Sep 20, 2009
Any latest information about Uk student visa? Who is the next person going for appointment.

Keep it real, you`ll get there.

SHALOM
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 11:49am On Sep 20, 2009
@ Ea$y: thanks a lot wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 8:56am On Sep 21, 2009
Well, am guessing we wont be hearing much from this thread until wednesday,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nezerst(f): 10:19am On Sep 21, 2009
Na wah oh!
Cold wan kill me for this town.
N i'm scared of spending my money in pounds make the thing no go finsh.
Hi guys!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ybab: 11:03am On Sep 21, 2009
Lol @ nezest
what part of uk are you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 5:07pm On Sep 21, 2009
nezerst:

Na wah oh!
Cold wan kill me for this town.
N i'm scared of spending my money in pounds make the thing no go finsh.
Hi guys!

Welcome to the Uk, lol The sun is out here in Swansea, which is a bit strange! only get Hot in the evening!

Khadie:

@ Ea$y: thanks a lot wink

YW Khadie, dont forget to update when you get it smiley All the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 6:56pm On Sep 21, 2009
@Ea$y: will sure do. This 2 days hols is killing me. I always look forward to public holiday but this didnt just happen at the right time for me. I will keep you posted. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 8:26am On Sep 22, 2009
@ Kahdie, i feel u sis, right now its the longest holiday i ever had, , wish we could just skip today lipsrsealed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 9:53am On Sep 22, 2009
@ violent: Abi o. Counting down seriously since we obviously can't skip 2day
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by davidsoj: 1:15pm On Sep 22, 2009
Is it advisable to study undergraduate @ uk and planning to cater for myself why there
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 1:26pm On Sep 22, 2009
davidsoj:

Is it advisable to study undergraduate @ uk and planning to cater for myself why there

If you got the money, why not?

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.