Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,832 members, 7,851,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:43 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306718 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by miz4oxley(m): 5:33pm On Sep 22, 2009
please I want to know more about student application.Is it compulsory I make school fee payment as I told my school I will pay on arrival and I guess no problem with the embassy as I have the money in my account.for school fees and maintenance.?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by lindabon: 1:59am On Sep 23, 2009
miz4oxley:

please I want to know more about student application.Is it compulsory I make school fee payment as I told my school I will pay on arrival and I guess no problem with the embassy as I have the money in my account.for school fees and maintenance.?

that is a big no no my dear.
you have to show them that you have a good reason to go to the UK. and for student's, it has to be your acceptance/admission letter from your school showing that you are a bonified, cleared student having justified your school fee payment terms. as long as you have not paid, you officially remain a non-student of the school and the embassy, hmmmm. . . . . the UK embassy in nigeria, will not even mind you at all. if you have the money, as you implied, i'll advice you pay your fees and in full, as this will give you a better opportunity to get a positive decision for your application in the long run.
Just my opinion though.
I wish you all the best wink .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 8:19am On Sep 23, 2009
Another working day, my nerves are cracking already, wht time do i start tracking?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by davidsoj: 8:26am On Sep 23, 2009
If you got the money, why not?

tNX

SHALOM
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by buteh: 9:32am On Sep 23, 2009
I dont know why this public holliday came now ooooooooo, the suspense is too much oooo, my 10 days was supposed to end yesterday tuesday and now, i dont know if to count the public holls or not, Even with an introduction letter from Global Education Councelling, it still dint come out in 5working days, I am so scared, na wa oooooooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nezerst(f): 9:36am On Sep 23, 2009
ybab:

Lol @ nezest
what part of uk are you?

Hi been busy lecture is like a marathon.
I'm in Glasgow scotland. Take care.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by buteh: 9:56am On Sep 23, 2009
someone just told me dat the though VFS dint work on monday and tuesday, but the british high commision worked on monday and tuesday, make una help me pray ooooooo, i am so scared,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 10:22am On Sep 23, 2009
buteh:

someone just told me dat the though VFS dint work on monday and tuesday, but the british high commision worked on monday and tuesday, make una help me pray ooooooo, i am so scared,

I heard the same thing too, i really hope its true
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 10:28am On Sep 23, 2009
@ Buteh and Violent: if this is true, how come none of our status has change to " your passport is ready for collection"? At least that made mine 15th working days yesterday and I have submitted it since 2nd of Sept. I am still hoping for the best, let's all do sha.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by buteh: 10:44am On Sep 23, 2009
15 working dayswow, why nowwhich agencies are recognized by the british high commision apart from PFL cos i used global education councelling (GEC), y colleagues used PFL, submited on the 7th of Oct and got his own back on the 14th of Oct wch was 5 working days but his visa started reading from the 10th wch was just three days after he had submited it, i submited on the 8th with my introductn letter frrom GEC and e neva still come, i am so worried,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 10:50am On Sep 23, 2009
@ Buteh: I may be wrong but I doubt if it matters the channel in which you submitted through. This happens to be a very busy time for the BHC judging from the obvious levels of applications they are receiving this Sep. I am worried as you are cuz I ought to have leaved Nigeria since Sunday thw 20th of my study. But I am hoping this week will be the end of all our waiting and we can know where to go from here,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 11:18am On Sep 23, 2009
Seriously, it is really taking a lot of Divine intervention to restrain myself from going to Walter carrignton to ask for myself wht is really going on embarassed embarassed embarassed
Been waiting behind my computer refreshing and checking every 30 minutes, its a hell of a wait, i pray we all come out of this with great testimonies.
@ Buteh, it matters not where or which agency you submit with, all applications are treated on indiviual basis and the final decision rest on the table of the guys at the High commision
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 11:23am On Sep 23, 2009
@ Violent: same here. I was like will I rather not carry a placard that read " PLEASE PRODUCE MY PASSPORT"! and take it to Walter Carrington ? It's so annoying but let's be a bit patient, our status can still change b4 the end of the day,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by buteh: 11:31am On Sep 23, 2009
I feel u all but u should know that all student that went through PFL had their visas ready in 5 working days, dis i am telling you is for sure, PFL is known by the british high,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 11:40am On Sep 23, 2009
@ Buteh: then I hope yours will be faster too since you were so convinced by the PFL miracle. The BHC themselves said they will not expedite any visa application base on who submitted it or who the person is but if they don't mean what they said by according preferential treatment to some agents then I rest my case but in all, I hope we get our passports and visa this week.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by buteh: 11:50am On Sep 23, 2009
Khadie i hope we all get our visas dis week o, what sch r u goin to,wat course and when is ur sch supposed to resume?, today alone i have tracked like 5-6 times, we all just have to tink possitively,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 11:51am On Sep 23, 2009
@ Buteh: I am on scholarship for Peace and Security Fellowship for African Women at King's College London,  And the school resumes on the 28th but I ought to have being there for our orientation which they had postpone till next week,  you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 11:57am On Sep 23, 2009
Khadie:

@ Violent: same here. I was like will I rather not carry a placard that read " PLEASE PRODUCE MY PASSPORT"! and take it to Walter Carrington ? It's so annoying but let's be a bit patient, our status can still change b4 the end of the day,

now thts really funny, trust me, if tht works, by now, i will have been labelled as "the placard guy at the gate"

@Khadie, 5-6 times? i commend your level of self restraint.

will be studying at Henley Business school, orientation starts 25th of september
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 12:01pm On Sep 23, 2009
Violent: Buteh actually said 5-6 times.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by buteh: 12:04pm On Sep 23, 2009
I am MSc Computer and Information Networks in the Univ. of Essex, Your course seems alil out of place, well if u have a scholarship, den u shouldnt fear atall, de give pple who have scholarships alot,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 12:15pm On Sep 23, 2009
i hope we all get to school on time, anyone heard the news of Airline authorithies proposed strike action starting today? well, if tht extend longer than it should {i pray it wont} i believe moving down to ghana to board a UK flight will be the only option available
BTW, i have been unable to open their web tracking site, is it just my computer, or is anyone else experiencing the same?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by buteh: 12:33pm On Sep 23, 2009
its working, i just retracked again, do u tink VFS has a hand in dis tin, i tink de delay dis tin ooooooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 1:13pm On Sep 23, 2009
Hey guyz, It's well! I went through 10days of the same thing you guyz re going through! This week will produce good news for you all, Insha Allah!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 1:20pm On Sep 23, 2009
@Buteh: the course is not out of place it's conflict resolution and peacebuilding related and they denied some of my colleagues that are going for the same course on a ground of "produce original letter" and so on. They should just bloody produce my passport so I can reapply on time if need be!

@ Ea$y: thanks a lot. I hope we hear the good news this week
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by buteh: 1:20pm On Sep 23, 2009
@easy, how long did urs take and wen counting the days, do u count the day you submitted
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 1:21pm On Sep 23, 2009
@ Violent: I no nothing about the strike actually but flying from Ghana sounds cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 1:30pm On Sep 23, 2009
@khadie: Just hang on to your positive mentality, the fact tht they denied some of ur friends based on one flimsy reason or the other does not necessary mean u will be denied, different strokes for different folks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 1:35pm On Sep 23, 2009
@ Violent: hmmm positive plus miraculous mentality smiley and I believe it will be well. Some of my friends are encouraging that I should not forget I have got US visa, South Africa visa, India Visa, kenya Visa and so on in my former passport. I hope God speaks here,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by buteh: 1:45pm On Sep 23, 2009
its not by visa o, but i tink d process is straight 4ward but de just deny pple for flimzy reasons, i had a colleague who had evrytin and d moni in his account, but he was given 0points for finance and said de were not convinced he was in possesiojn of the money, can u imagine, its stories like dat, dat makes me scared, but i blive in God shaaaaa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by buteh: 1:45pm On Sep 23, 2009
kahdie and violent, whats ur yahoo chat ID
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 1:57pm On Sep 23, 2009
I can only chat on gmail and the add is tadonline.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by buteh: 3:32pm On Sep 23, 2009
@violent and Khadi, any jist cos as for me, its still in the british high, i dont know if i sld just go to VFS like dat,

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.