Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,215 members, 7,829,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306279 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by magicln9t: 10:58am On Feb 03, 2010
thanks eriko2k2. . .i will apply for post graduate course during my nyse. . GOD bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by segzeybaba(m): 11:00am On Feb 03, 2010
hailolive:

he has applied to the Uk in the past and has been denied twice( one on visitor and the other on student)
he was also deceived by some visa touts to apply on another name as he was desperate to attend his daughter's naming ceremony 2 years ago. the embassy got aware of that and still denied him visa and he already finger printed.

On what name will he be applying now??
If his fiancee can get a job, and maybe they get married when shes in Nigeria, he can easily apply for a spouse visa to join her, OR if hes self-sufficient, he should try applying for access rights to a child resident in the UK. thats straightforward but he may still be refused under paragraph 320(11) for his past deception.

Goodluck anyways
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 03, 2010
segzeybaba:

On what name will he be applying now??
If his fiancee can get a job, and maybe they get married when shes in Nigeria, he can easily apply for a spouse visa to join her, OR if hes self-sufficient, he should try applying for access rights to a child resident in the UK. thats straightforward but he may still be refused under paragraph 320(11) for his past deception.

Goodluck anyways

He is going to be applying on the name he used (originally when he applied for the student visa and visit visa) his wife is pregnant now and can't work but he is thinking of visiting and has sufficent funds. can he apply for a visit visa?
IS there any referral or assistance you can render. i believe if he states to them that he has appplied in the past and told them everything in the past so i dont see a reason why they should still refuse him.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by royalboy(m): 1:53pm On Feb 03, 2010
Hi Cutefinger,

Sure you can PM my hotmail handle - but nairalanders appreciate an open forum of discussion, at least that way we can get everyone's input.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ybab: 1:54pm On Feb 03, 2010
Fiancée? Yet he has knocked her up twice!!!!

Why can they both get married and then he applies for a spousal visa to join her

Okay!! I get it. She is claiming 'single mother' and getting free council house, and money weekly for the kids abi?

Make them carry go!!!!!

P.s. I seriously doubt if he will get the visa looking at his numerous visa denials and the fact that he was refused again based on deception!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ybab: 2:03pm On Feb 03, 2010
Cutefinger, I do not see how sending a mail to the secretary of state of whatever will help your case.

You just happened to be unlucky but sentiments apart, the deportation order was in place.

You wrote 2 weeks on your landing card yet you spent 4 months. Immediately after that, you dashed to Nigeria and came back again few weeks later.

What did you claim to be doing in Lagos before you applied for the visa? Schooling? Working? So you left all that to sit in UK for 4 straight months? The immigration people must think you were working in the UK illegally or you had plans to work in the nearest future. Or the found other things in your back to suggest you were doing other things while in the UK.

My advice::::
Apply afresh. Based on the new student visa rules. Apply in the form for staying longer than the 2weeks you stated in the landing card. Aplogise for taking the distance learning course ( although I see nothing wrong in what you did) but aplogise all the same. Oyinbo loves to words. PLEASE and I AM
SORRY.

state in the form that you never knew it was wrong to take the course. That you were only thirsting for education. Which is the reason why you want to do this properly now by applying in line with the new student visa rule.

Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ybab: 2:05pm On Feb 03, 2010
In the second paragraph of my post above I meant APOLOGISE in the form for staying longer than two weeks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 03, 2010
ybab:

Fiancée? Yet he has knocked her up twice!!!!

Why can they both get married and then he applies for a spousal visa to join her

Okay!! I get it. She is claiming 'single mother' and getting free council house, and money weekly for the kids abi?

Make them carry go!!!!!

P.s. I seriously doubt if he will get the visa looking at his numerous visa denials and the fact that he was refused again based on deception!

In order words should he forget going to the Uk then. i was thinking as far as he states all those past deeds, he might be given a chance plus he has family in the Uk.
Siena advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ybab: 2:27pm On Feb 03, 2010
Yes he can state his past deeds. But I can almost place a bet that he will be refused again.

How many bedroom is his girlfriend's council flat?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by segzeybaba(m): 2:31pm On Feb 03, 2010
hailolive:

In order words should he forget going to the Uk then. i was thinking as far as he states all those past deeds, he might be given a chance plus he has family in the Uk.
Siena advice

worth giving a try, but im totally against him applying for any non-settlement visa as the application is bound for refusal straight up, his best bet would be to apply for parent access right to child visa, as there are concessions for past deception, but you need alot of evidence to take active role in the child upbringing.

Has he got his name on the child birth certificate, and would his 'fiancee' be willing to provide sworn affidavit that he can have access to the child in the UK?

Has he got any qualification useful in the UK and how much has he got (an estimate)?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ybab: 2:38pm On Feb 03, 2010
Which one is 'parent access right to child' visa again?

Kindly post an official link to support this visa category.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 8:31am On Feb 04, 2010
@ybaba
There is a whole new set of immigration rules when family & kid(s)r involved,I can attest 2 that,and acces 2 C your child in D UK is jst one of D hundreds
PS;Him gettin married 2 her dnt mean she gona lose her benefit as long as he is in 9ja still(happened 2 me)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by segzeybaba(m): 5:59pm On Feb 04, 2010
ybab:

Which one is 'parent access right to child' visa again?

Kindly post an official link to support this visa category.

Paragraph 246-248 of the current immigration rules.

u can always search for more info grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:29am On Feb 05, 2010
he has about 5m
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 6:00am On Feb 05, 2010
hailolive:

he has about 5m
Ok here is ur best choice,Let him apply 4 D right 2 C his kid(s),bitter truth is that he will B refused but he can file an appeal under paragraphs 246-248 of D Immigration & article 8 of D human right conv.He will need a gd lawyer in D Uk,it should B Oral hearing cos U past immigration history needs 2 B defended,Im talkin 4rm personal xpirience.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 06, 2010
best he should forget it then.
i have not had a resounding knowledge so far and he is not able to understand still.
does he stand a chance or not?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by segzeybaba(m): 1:43pm On Feb 08, 2010
hailolive:

best he should forget it then.
i have not had a resounding knowledge so far and he is not able to understand still.
does he stand a chance or not?

if he want to forget it, then he should, thats his personal opinion and problem.

But trying aint a crime, Nobody on here can give you an assurance as per an outcome of a visa application, get your documents right and apply in due time, if your lucky, you will get it and if not, you can always appeal, get a good lawyer to back up your case in regards to your family life and human right as laid in the Article 8 of the European Convention.

we no be visa officer cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ella18: 7:41pm On Feb 08, 2010
Hello all,
Please I got admission to study a three (3) years undergraduate course (Bsc Computing & Information systems) at a colleges in london.
Kindly assist me with the requirement I need to put in place before I submit my application.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:28pm On Feb 08, 2010
ella18:

Hello all,
Please I got admission to study a three (3) years undergraduate course (Bsc Computing & Information systems) at a colleges in london.
Kindly assist me with the requirement I need to put in place before I submit my application.
Thanks.

What college is london is that? Have u paid the fees or half payment?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ella18: 7:44am On Feb 09, 2010
The name of the college is London school of management & science. I have not paid yet but about to. Thxx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 2:07pm On Feb 09, 2010
ella18:

The name of the college is London school of management & science. I have not paid yet but about to. Thxx

Ok, u need to pay the tuition fees(part payment or full) check how much the school want u to pay in advance b4 the visa letter will be issued.

You need to have the remaining school fees(if u made part payment) plus the maintenance money(£7200) in ur bank account for 28days untouched.
Then your qualifications(those u submitted when u applied for the course) original copy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 10:05pm On Feb 10, 2010
Ladies & Gentlemen of D house,U guys help me thank Baba God,I finaly got my settlement(Spouse) Visa after 18mths in 9ja E no easy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tenhap(m): 9:05am On Feb 11, 2010
Thanks to all that responded to my post.
I just picked up my passport today and was given 6 months multiple entry (visit) visa to the Uk.
This might be of help to others:
I submitted my application with the following docs-
1) Hotel reservation
2) Pay slips
3) Statements of accounts
4) Employment letter
5) letter of introduction from employer
6) Marriage cert
7)Children's birth certs
8 )Landed property docs
Regards to all!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 9:56pm On Feb 12, 2010
hailolive:

Siena.
A friend of mine has a fiancee in the Uk., they both have a daughter and expecting another child.
his fiancee comes to nigeria to visit him regularly.
he has applied to the Uk in the past and has been denied twice( one on visitor and the other on student)
he was also deceived by some visa touts to apply on another name as he was desperate to attend his daughter's naming ceremony 2 years ago. the embassy got aware of that and still denied him visa and he already finger printed.
Now the fiancee wants him to come visit in the Uk and she is on benefits so that means she cant sponsor him to come.
he is self employed now and has funds in his account.
How does he goes about it. the fact is the fiancee is a Uk citizen as well as his daughter and they are expecting another child and he would like to attend the naming ceremony because the fiancee can't be coming to nigeria regularly again due to measures put in place by the Housing council to monitor people with benefits.
Will he be able to get a visit visa. what are the requirements he will need.
House pls help
   Actually, with the situation that you explained here, though the subject might not be aware of it, but he has been banned from obtaining a UK visa for ten years, it's only when he applies again that the ban will start to count, such is the situation with anyone caught with fake or misleading documents. Therefore, it's advisable for him to keep his visa application fee because, there are many reasons for unsuccessful outcome.
You may click on these links to see what i mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF5El8RSaTk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSk8EOcuecQ&feature=related
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by lucaya: 1:28am On Feb 14, 2010
I am all over this Forum until I get it 2getha, I am from the Bahamas help me get travel visa for Nigerian to come to The Bahamas,if you advise the British Embassy in Lagos, I am advised that they are of no use there, can anyone help? my contact is lucaya1@gmail.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 1:40am On Feb 14, 2010
lucaya:

I am all over this Forum until I get it 2getha, I am from the Bahamas help me get travel visa for Nigerian to come to The Bahamas,if you advise the British Embassy in Lagos, I am advised that they are of no use there, can anyone help? my contact is lucaya1@gmail.com

If they are of no use then who else will help u? Which other embassy handles Bahamas visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 11:45am On Feb 14, 2010
justwise,

lucaya is a confused entity
I dnt know wat he is looking
for here

SHALOM
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by eljur: 2:21pm On Feb 18, 2010
Hi guys,

Iv been reading this forum and and just wanted to say well done for all d practicaladvices and generally the good spirit here.

I have a question - how can you find out when a UK visa has been refused, whether there is a 10 years ban on the person reapplying, or not?
Is there any way you can verify that with the Home Office maybe?
In the refusal letter there isnt anything mention about a ban, jet some documents couldnt be verified, 

Much appreciated!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 9:56pm On Feb 18, 2010
eljur,

I fink d letter shud state if u av been
banned or not.

Let's wait for odas 2 contribute sha

SHALOM
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by opeolatoye: 10:01am On Feb 19, 2010
Thanks to y'all for all this information. I am about applying for a UK student Visa for my ACCA/MBA and I have found this a lot helpful. Although, I am still waiting for my Visa letter/CAS number, I still need to clarify this issues although I am to resume Sept.

1) Must the maintenance fee/tuition fee be in my account during the application period after the 28 days or the money cant be withdrawn immediately I print the bank statement?Huh?

2) If I apply today, in how many days will they get back to me? Also, I heard dat I only need to apply, that there wont be interview, is this true

Please house, I will appreciate a reply, Thnks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 3:17pm On Feb 19, 2010
eljur:

Hi guys,

Iv been reading this forum and and just wanted to say well done for all d practicaladvices and generally the good spirit here.

I have a question - how can you find out when a UK visa has been refused, whether there is a 10 years ban on the person reapplying, or not?
Is there any way you can verify that with the Home Office maybe?
In the refusal letter there isnt anything mention about a ban, jet some documents couldnt be verified, 

Much appreciated!
   Unfortunately, except you take measures, you might not be able to find out whether you carry the ten years ban  based on fraudulent or misleading documents presentation, this is the unfair method that the UK embassy uses to punish individuals caught using fake or misleading documents to obtain their visa; they allow them to re-apply unaware of the ban while they extract the visa application fee from unsuspecting applicants.
   You should have asked them of your eligibility to apply again after refusal and they would have told you. But however, if you wish to make subsequent application, you can inquire before making your payment, ask them to inform you of your status before paying the visa fee, it is their duty to notify you of it if you ask them.
   These said, another way you can find out is your own intuition, you should know whether you presented any fake, fraudulent or misleading documents or information to support your application. And if you did, then, there is no two ways about it, you've just been banned (unaware) for ten good years. Period.
The sad truth is: you didn't receive the ban from making subsequent applications, but rather you've been banned from obtaining a UK visa of any category. So, it's up to you to apply a hundred or a thousand times, but you will never be given except after the ten years ban expires.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by gtrings: 9:28pm On Feb 19, 2010
Hello every One. Please I need to Know can i submit a Laminated copy of my degree certificate for Student visa

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.