Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,510 members, 7,850,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:35 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306699 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tobidaflava(m): 5:01pm On Jan 21, 2010
Does anybody know about Lancaster University and how to enroll for their program and their requirements. I want to apply and further there!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by femmysaj: 5:16pm On Jan 21, 2010
@ funkybabe

Hello,

Please i have a few question to ask about when filling the Uk visa family visit  form, VAF1B

Please i would apprecaite if i could be cleared on some question been asked and how to answer them and probably what i should write,

1. I refer to part 5. of the form which ask for present circumstance,  Which should be ticked, Student or Others Im doing My Nycs presently,

2. What Amount should be filled that is available for the trip

3. If someone other than yourself is paying for all or any part of this visit,        how much money will they give you?   Please also explain why they are    paying for all or part of your visit

4. What is the average cost to you personally to stay in the UK

5. Apart from my cousin sending documents from the Uk showing he will would be accommondating in the Uk,  Can i also use a relative Bank statement as sponsor from nigeria what else would i need to ack it up

Other people view would be apprecaited also.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 6:20pm On Jan 21, 2010
Guys, just a quick question for a mate of mine, what happenes after you've won your apeal and contacted by the BHC to come with a copy of your determination?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by cutefinger: 8:49pm On Jan 21, 2010
I want to say kudo's to people like funkybaby on this forum. I am not new on Nairaland, as i have been reading a lot of post on here.

I have a quick question please and i'll appreciate all help i can get.

I had a two year mutilple visit visa on my passport in 2007. I travelled to the UK on a visit and wrote "2 weeks" on my landing card (U have to state how long you are spending on your landing card). I then spent four months on that trip and then travelled back to Nigeria.

Stupidly, i travelled again in march 2007 ( 2 weeks after i arrived frm the UK) through gatwick. At the point of entry, i was put to the side and told that i need to be interviewed by an immigration officer. I was taken to my luggage and my luggage was search and a book from the Open University was seen in my bag. At that time, i was studying via distant learning with the Open University UK. I was then interviewed and told that i'll have to be removed back to Nigeria. I tried getting some of my friend in the UK to get a court order to stop being removed but all proved to no avail.

I have since been back in Nigeria doing an HND course (Edexcel) and i am due to complete my course in february. I would want to apply for a top up degree in a UK University and i have sufficient funds in paying for my course fee and accomodation (as i have ran my own business ever since and i am not doing bad)

My question is; can i still apply for a student visa without being rejected based on my previous history?

If yes, what suggestions do you guys think i should follow in applying etc etc

I'll appreciate every information i can get, thanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by adebaxton(m): 10:12am On Jan 22, 2010
Hey Funkybabe,
I am gonna have to ask you some questions personally on the UK visa.
YOu can holla me on 08027277744
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 11:02pm On Jan 22, 2010
@cutefinger
d dif betwen succesful people and D ones who aint is that they took risk,well personaly I will say give it ur best shot,go fru D thread and package urself well ok.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 11:08pm On Jan 22, 2010
@tobidaflavb
u got to go to thier website,there U would find thier contact and U could Email them ur query.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 11:19pm On Jan 22, 2010
i intend to make use of a corporate organisation as my sponsor,wat are those documents i need to get 4rm d company? the company account has an overdraft facility to the tune of N8m,can it be valid for the 28days rule?house,i nid ur contributions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 8:33am On Jan 23, 2010
@cconcept
May I ask whats ur relationship with this coperate orgztion?do they av a seperate accounu appart frm company account?are U listed as a share holder? Etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by cutefinger: 11:40am On Jan 23, 2010
@erico2k2, thanks for your encouragement. That's what i intend doing, take risks, but i need to have much information so that i won't be shooting blanks or making mistakes as these kinds of mistakes can make or mar application.

I still look forward to honest recommendations from people like sienna, funkybaby etc, thanks everyone,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by 4teelaw(f): 10:07pm On Jan 25, 2010
tenhap:

Dear all, I write to request advice. I wish to apply for a tourist visa to the UK (plan to stay just 8 days) even though i was denied a visa last year (middle of the year). Then, application was made at the Abuja Consular Office and i had applied to attend a course under the student visa category and the reason for denial was tied to the Tier 4 of the Points Based System - trainer not holding a sponsor's license.
I have a paid job and i can get a letter of identification from my office. My questions are listed below:
1) How much is ok as bank balance (minimum) in my savings account?
2) I also intend to include all pay slips for the past 6 months and statement from my other (current/salary) account. What minimum balance would be ok?
3) Given that i wish to stay in a cheap hotel, must i book thru a travel agency or would it be ok to do it myself online? And i suppose i have to show evidence of this as part of my application?
4) Must i make a flight reservation and include same in my application?
5) Finally, will the fact that i was denied before count against my application in any way even if i meet all requirements this time?
Your kind responses would be most apprecaited.

sorry, dont know if this is coming in late.
1. i think you should apply to stay for about 2 weeks minimum
2. you can book hotel on your own, it doesnt matter how you do it, they wont ask please, dont get a sleazy hotel, a decent one should earn you respect ( i think!)
3. no need for flight reservation
4. make sure you have more than 2000 pounds equivalent in your account as this is obviously what you need to cover hotel flight and maintenance

the major problem in applying for visit visa is that general visitor form. be as truthful as possible, and do not withhold any information.

since you have been denied visa before, indicate it in the form and write the reference number., i will suggest you write a personal letter stating that you were once interested in studying in uk, but when you were refused you got a job and lost interest in studying. now you only want toa go and spend your annual vacation in uk sightseeing and relaxation. as long as you were not banned i see no reason why you cannot apply again.

most of all, pray for divine favour.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tenhap(m): 8:31am On Jan 26, 2010
4teelaw:

sorry, dont know if this is coming in late.
1. i think you should apply to stay for about 2 weeks minimum
2. you can book hotel on your own, it doesnt matter how you do it, they wont ask please, dont get a sleazy hotel, a decent one should earn you respect ( i think!)
3. no need for flight reservation
4. make sure you have more than 2000 pounds equivalent in your account as this is obviously what you need to cover hotel flight and maintenance

the major problem in applying for visit visa is that general visitor form. be as truthful as possible, and do not withhold any information.

since you have been denied visa before, indicate it in the form and write the reference number., i will suggest you write a personal letter stating that you were once interested in studying in uk, but when you were refused you got a job and lost interest in studying. now you only want toa go and spend your annual vacation in uk sightseeing and relaxation. as long as you were not banned i see no reason why you cannot apply again.

most of all, pray for divine favour.

Many Thanks for your kind response.
I'll give it a shot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by royalboy(m): 3:40pm On Jan 26, 2010
Considering your reason for refusal, give or take your previous application WILL NEVER have any adverse effects on subsequent applications. You havent violated any section of the immigration law by seeking admission from a school that is not listed on PBS licensed sponsor register.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by phoniex(f): 9:26pm On Jan 27, 2010
Hi, first of all ill like to thank you guys for ur posts its been of real help to me, i applied for a student visa last week and i got it 2day,but there was a slight error on it. it was issued on the 22/01/2010 and expires 22/06/2010 instead of 2011 cause my course is finishing feb next yr and graduation is in june. pls wat do i do now, wud i have to go all the way to Abuja? thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by cutefinger: 1:49am On Jan 28, 2010
i need more replies on my previous messsages please, this will help me in making decisions,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by royalboy(m): 4:54pm On Jan 28, 2010
Hi Cutefinger,

It is correct that applications are treated on their individual merit, but be mindful of a contradicting clause, stating that an ECO may refuse an entry base on previous applications or immigration history - to a large extent, you have erred in that. Unfortunately, the immigration officers that removed you from the Uk were steps ahead of you, keeping in mind the guiding principle of removal. One of the bullet points in refusal direction states that, "It is not necessary to delay the serving of removal directions, even if the passenger states his intention of exercising his right of appeal before removal. Once he has appealed, however, any removal directions must be deferred pending the appeal.

Let me set a case before you, that demonstrates the strenght the brits have placed so much on policies. A guy was refused a visa extension and later removed from the UK because he failed to show the financial requirement of 1600 pounds by 20 pounds less.

I hate to break your heart, UK is governed by rules that are required to be kept to the last letter; as it were, the only person that can remove a deportation or removal notice is the Secretary of state. I will advice you write the secretary of state directly, explaining your ordeal and seek for leniency before making further applications. O le fi owo ba won sere (you fit use money play with them), by putting in a fresh application, and be as truthful regards your removal from UK, lets see how far that will go - I have read worst cases that later merited the ECO visa stamp. Just give it a try, we dey kampe with you - if you require further info, do not hesitate to ask and please publish the outcome of your next application on Nairaland. Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by cutefinger: 11:24pm On Jan 28, 2010
@royal boy, thanks very much for your honest opinion. On the papers, it was stated that i was removed because i could not satisfy them that i was trying to live in the UK permanently.

I told them that i am on a visit visa and can't even work, how will i be able to live in a country like UK where you need to have a job to sustain yourself. I think they were not satisfied with those explanations coz i was doing an Open UNI degree which just anybody can do irrespective of which country you are from.

A lwayer suggested (at the time) that if i was in a UNI in Nigeria, then that could have been a sustantiated grounds that i definitely would return to Nigeria.

What do you think

If i am to write the secretary of states, how do i go about that too, do you know any website i can get contacts from or do i have to write a written letter?

Thanks for all your help,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by femmysaj: 8:57am On Jan 29, 2010
Hello,

Please i posted some question earlier.Please i would apprecaite if i can get response to them. Thanks lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jusme4u: 11:58am On Jan 29, 2010
To learn more about how u cann reduce ur travel package cost,contact me :jumoke_rukayat@yahoo.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by royalboy(m): 3:28pm On Jan 29, 2010
Hi cutefinger, the body of mail to be sent to the secretary of state (HER MAJESTY) should sufficiently explain your predicament, as members of the parliament would have to categorise the degree of your immigration gaffe. I am unable to adivce extensively, as i cannot do that in isolation of the scope of your previous application and the standard of evidence obtained to decide your removal order conclusively. A professional lawyer may be able to present your case logically, which MAY earn you the Secretary of States overriding discretional consideration outside the deportation/removal rules.

Secretary of State's E-mail: info@dcsf.gsi.gov.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ksagirl(f): 3:44pm On Jan 29, 2010
Alhamdullah  smiley  finaly i got visit visa for uk ,  here many people didnt satisfied me for visa,
and i cry alot.
but now im happy. kiss.i trust on Allah.i knew some day i'll be success.my student visa case still going on,  now im going to london then will check that out,
thanks and tc  cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by cutefinger: 12:18am On Jan 30, 2010
@royalboy, can i PM u privately?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 6:03pm On Jan 31, 2010
Hi funkybabe and others

Pls May 2007 i was refused Visitin Visa
to uk but i was given right to appeal
which my agent then said he did.

I sent mail to the embassy and the
reply i got last week was that my file
has been dismissed that i can apply on a fresh
ground now.

Does it mean dey av my details in dia system
or why was d appeal dismissed?

SHALOM
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 7:04am On Feb 01, 2010
suxes2005:

Hi funkybabe and others

Pls May 2007 i was refused Visitin Visa
to uk but i was given right to appeal
which my agent then said he did.

I sent mail to the embassy and the
reply i got last week was that my file
has been dismissed that i can apply on a fresh
ground now.

Does it mean dey av my details in dia system
or why was d appeal dismissed?

SHALOM
Well it means your appeal was not succesful,U need 2 get your case number though as U need it in your next aplication.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 9:26am On Feb 01, 2010
Thanks alot

SHALOM
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by magicln9t: 10:10am On Feb 01, 2010
thanks to everyone answering questions on this thread.pls, i want someone to answer my questions honestly.

i am a fresh graduate waiting to go for service. . i have my very own blood brother who is a (uk)citizen living in uk. . he his doing fine over there, he is working in a bank presently. . im planning on going for a visit, but im doing nothing presently, only waiting for service. . my questions are;

1. what r my chances of getting a visa now b4 nyse? since there will b no actual document stating dat i will return for service other than the invitation letter.

2.can my brother invite me to come n stay with him in uk after i complete my nyse? cos im planning to move there after my nyse. if yes, how do i go bout it?

all answers will b appreciated. thanks n God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 1:09pm On Feb 01, 2010
magicln9t:

thanks to everyone answering questions on this thread.pls, i want someone to answer my questions honestly.

i am a fresh graduate waiting to go for service. . i have my very own blood brother who is a (uk)citizen living in uk. . he his doing fine over there, he is working in a bank presently. . im planning on going for a visit, but im doing nothing presently, only waiting for service. . my questions are;

1. what r my chances of getting a visa now b4 nyse? since there will b no actual document stating dat i will return for service other than the invitation letter.

2.can my brother invite me to come n stay with him in uk after i complete my nyse? cos im planning to move there after my nyse. if yes, how do i go bout it?

all answers will b appreciated. thanks n God bless

Well 2 ur first question,U av 2 prove 2 D ECO that U r coming bk after your visit,can U do that?if yes then U r ok,but no then NO.
2.If U r planing 2 live there U need 2 plan what 2 do/work,what did U read?is it on Uk shortage list?,ur best bet is 2 do ur masters there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mysefyabc: 1:19pm On Feb 01, 2010
grin pls sum1 should help me in the process of filling nigeria airforce form i ve goten the site but i cant log in
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by grock1(m): 1:12pm On Feb 02, 2010
@
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by magicln9t: 1:14pm On Feb 02, 2010
thanks eriko2k2. . .i really appreciate your reply to my questions. . . .God bless

i read chemical eng. . .do i have any chance?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 10:36pm On Feb 02, 2010
magicln9t:

thanks eriko2k2. . .i really appreciate your reply to my questions. . . .God bless

i read chemical eng. . .do i have any chance?
Well Im nt very sure there r shortage of Chem Engrs in d UK,ur bst bet is 2 apply 2 a Uni 4 post Grad degree,its cheaper & after U finish U could look 4 work.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 03, 2010
Siena.
A friend of mine has a fiancee in the Uk., they both have a daughter and expecting another child.
his fiancee comes to nigeria to visit him regularly.
he has applied to the Uk in the past and has been denied twice( one on visitor and the other on student)
he was also deceived by some visa touts to apply on another name as he was desperate to attend his daughter's naming ceremony 2 years ago. the embassy got aware of that and still denied him visa and he already finger printed.
Now the fiancee wants him to come visit in the Uk and she is on benefits so that means she cant sponsor him to come.
he is self employed now and has funds in his account.
How does he goes about it. the fact is the fiancee is a Uk citizen as well as his daughter and they are expecting another child and he would like to attend the naming ceremony because the fiancee can't be coming to nigeria regularly again due to measures put in place by the Housing council to monitor people with benefits.
Will he be able to get a visit visa. what are the requirements he will need.
House pls help

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.