Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,804 members, 7,862,659 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:16 PM

<<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> - Literature (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> (129569 Views)

Mary Apocalypse Rise of Titans / Blessing Of The Fæ,ocelot Spleen. Rise Of The Guardians,chief Of The CH'ANG SHI / Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 7:35am On Aug 16, 2013
^^^
Fixed.
Thanks
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Eneze1(f): 8:27am On Aug 16, 2013
I just love this guy updates he keeps blowing me away with his work, good work man, we are yet to hear anything from Shade's side
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Odkboy23(m): 8:28am On Aug 16, 2013
Mynd if u like call me oliver twist....i still dey wait 4 anoda update oh
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 9:58am On Aug 16, 2013
Eneze1: I just love this guy updates he keeps blowing me away with his work, good work man, we are yet to hear anything from Shade's side
Read the last update again
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 10:00am On Aug 16, 2013
Odkboy23: Mynd if u like call me oliver twist....i still dey wait 4 anoda update oh
Please wait for it.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by drsolob(m): 1:05pm On Aug 16, 2013
Mynd_44:
Please wait for it.
wating patiently for it.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by ajaxtea(m): 8:28pm On Aug 16, 2013
Wow @last afta 5 days Mynd updated d story...
D story just dey start nii..
Mynd nice job
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 16, 2013
Oga mynd. You are tugbaski
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by fiolaP(f): 1:17pm On Aug 18, 2013
always a unqiue twist f every update.well done jare
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Smooth278(m): 6:08am On Aug 19, 2013
Updateeeeeee pls!!! On my way to work nw and wanna have an update by lunch break oh!!! Abegioooo!!!!
More power to ur elbow bro, cool stuff....
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 19, 2013
Smooth278: Updateeeeeee pls!!! On my way to work nw and wanna have an update by lunch break oh!!! Abegioooo!!!!
More power to ur elbow bro, cool stuff....

smooth so you are employed, when did that happen. I Thank God for you oooooo. So where are you working now, Nnpc,Central bank or lastma grin
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Tovot: 10:09pm On Aug 19, 2013
So much to catch up on,but i know the story is action packed and breath taking as Always,WELLDONEcheesy
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 4:39am On Aug 20, 2013
Update
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 4:42am On Aug 20, 2013
Michael looked over to the rest of the men and he whispered to Segun;

“We will have to take this risk. We knew what we were getting into from the start and we all realize that not all of us will make it back alive but we have to take out that communications room at all means so get ready to move”

Segun saw the truth and he looked towards his men. They were trained to give their lives and he knows that none of them has a doubt in his mind about him or his orders and even if the order meant suicide, they would follow his command. He had tried to find easier ways to carry out their mission but there was no easy way; they had to give some lives as sacrifice and this is what it came to.

“Okay people, we are going out there and shooting our way down the stairs, I can’t guarantee that anyone will survive but we can’t stay here; you are to provide cover for the DMI agents and help them create a hole through to the next series of stairs and let’s hope they find their way. It has been an honor serving with you boys”

The guards did not say anything, most of them just nodded and it amazed IBK. He had stepped up to lead teams into difficult spots but not something like certain death and their bravery and commitment made him feel a little bit uncomfortable and the fact that they would be risking their lives to allow them finish a mission and leave in peace was more moving for him. He checked his weapon and saw Michael looking at Izu and him.

They both nodded and saw Segun about to leap into the open when they heard a lot noise that sounded like gun fire coming fromoutside. They all moved their guns instinctively towards the stairs think it was towards them and then they realized that the guns were coming from outside. Michael peeped and saw the soldiers run towards thewindow to see what was happening but he could not see anything from where he was.

The guns seized for a few seconds and there was a series of explosion which came continuously and the soldiers were all talking excitedly and pointing to the sky from the window where they stood. Some of them stood as though they wanted to shoot but it would have been pointless and that’s when Segun saw a chance; the soldiers were all distracted by what seemed to be happening outside and he dashed into the open with three of his men behind him and he opened fire on the soldiers without any warning to them or provocation.

The soldiers had no chance as they had already hurdled themselves into one spot which made them very easy to target at and fire and while Segun and his team fired on them, Michael lead Izu and IBK as they slipped behind them and got to the next set of stairs and ran down with their guns drawn as they expected soldier to appear in front of them.

The soldiers Segun and his team fired on might have been unprepared for the attack but they were still soldiers and the ones behind still got a chance to turn and shoot at them, they hid behind their colleagues who were having bullets shot into them and they fired back in the direction of those shooting at them. A bullet grazed past Segun’s ear and it sounded like a really fast mosquito and in the midst of the
ction, he did not really notice.

The hallway was filled with different sounds as explosions from outside mixed with screams from the soldiers they had shot inside and the gunfire from inside and outside the house combined to give a very good example of chaos even as two men behind Segun fell to the ground. Segun did not bother looking behind to try to help themas he continued shooting until the last of the soldiers fell to the ground. He turned and ran after Michael with the remaining two of his men.
Michael was in front with Izu and IBK closely behind him and as they got halfway down, the stairs took a turn and he turned with it without looking at what was at the other side and he ran into two soldier who were looking in the direction of the window in front but also seemed to be taking cover from whatever it was happening outside. Still running, Michael opened fire on them from behind without a moment’s hesitation.

Izu saw Michael turn and he heard the gunshots. He immediately feared for the worst and he charged down towards him blindly only to see Michael walking in between two dead men and he felt IBK run into him from behind.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 4:46am On Aug 20, 2013
“Sorry” IBK said with the both of them stopping in their tracks as they saw soldiers who were watching an event happening outside suddenly noticed that even with the commotion outside, there was also gunfire happening inside the house itself and they turn at different speeds but Michael was already at the bottom of the stairs and he opened fire. Izu and IBK ran down the stairs and they took positions where they felt was not really exposed and they too opened fire while the soldiers fired back at them.
Segun and his two remaining men ran down the stairs, reloading their guns as they ran and they heard a set of gunshots around the stair. Segun skipped the remaining stairs and jumped down to the halfway point and turned. He saw the bodies of the two men Michael had shot earlier and he passed between them towards Izu and IBK who had taken positions and were in a gun fight with some people in the hall. The communications room was to the right but the hall ran to the left and it was long so he imagined that it was filled with soldiers and at that point, there was no point applying stealth. It was obvious they would have to shoot their way through if they will make it to the communications room and he ran towards them with his two guards behind him.

In the corner of his eyes, IBK saw Segun and two of his men descend the stairs and he kept his eyes on the soldiers who kept running towards the stairs in huge numbers. He began to wonder how they will make it through when he saw the most surprising things.

The tail of a helicopter tore through from the floor above them and tore directly into the floor they were on. The windows were smashed and the tail blades of the helicopter were still revolving at to speed while the thick glass of the window tore under the intense impact of the massive tail. Some of the soldiers were ripped to pieces by the blades and some were crushed by the debris falling from the floor above them and the hall was suddenly filled with smoke and Segun saw a chance.

He pulled out a grenade and removed the spin. He threw it above the tail and towards the soldiers on the other side and then he ran past Michael pulling him in a gesture that he should follow him. His guards continued to fire but it was not effective as the tail was blocking the bullets from either sides to go through.
IBK and Izu were too pre-occupied to see the grenade Segun threw but they saw him run towards the right and they followed them closely leaving the guards behind. A couple of feet after, they heard an explosion and the impact caused the already strained tail of the helicopter to hear and detach from the rest ofas the tail broke off and the helicopter fell to the ground from outside. The grounds outside were lower than that on the inside sowhile the tail had already hit the ground on the inside, the main body of the helicopter had some distance to go before it hit the ground outside. The two remaining guards saw that their shooting did not really matter anymore and they stopped as they ran after the team headed straight for the communication room.

Segun got to the door first and he threw his body against the door. The door swung apartand Michael ran in ready to shoot at anyone inside the room but it was all empty. The two guards stood at the door and watched it while Segun said;

“How long is this going to take?’

“We need to find the main servers, blow them up and we are done. Do you know where they are?” Segun asked

“I don’t know” Michael said

“I did say we should have brought Shade along; this is her area of expertise and we might just be stuck” IBK said

Michael started walking around and he saw to huge towers with revolving blades stationed above them;

“I think I have found them” Michael said

The others ran towards him and Segun said;

“How are you sure this is it?”

“Yes this is it”

“How are you so sure?” IBK asked in doubt

“I have blown up something like this at the South African embassy in Liberia when we were making the blind so I know exactly what I am doing”

“Okay, how do we go about it?” Izu asked looking towards the door as if he was expecting anyone to barge in

“We set charges and blow it sky high” Michael said

“Is this thing not part of our National Security Protocol?” IBK asked

2 Likes

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 4:49am On Aug 20, 2013
“You want to stay here and ask that, be my guest but this thing is going down right now”

They all brought out the charges they were carrying in their back packs and they started fixing it and attaching it as one single explosive device. Michael did the wiring together while Izu, IBK and Segun placed the bombs on different spots around the two massive serves with their blades still rotating. It took some minutes but soon, they were done and they all went to meet Michael who was done with the wiring.

“Okay what now?” Segun asked

“I have set the timer to some seconds so please step back and let’s hope it works”

Izu looked at the hurriedly prepared detonator Michael made and saw that the timer was counting down from thirty seconds and he stepped back and ran towards the door. The other saw him run and Segun asked;

“How long is the timer supposed to read before it goes off?”

Michael looked at him and smiled;

“You really should do what he did because the timer is at thirty seconds”

At that, they all ran towards Izu and just as they got there, there was a massive explosion inside the room. There was smoke everywhere and pieces of metal flew in all directions. They walked towards the place where they placed the charges and saw that although the structure of the servers was still intact, there were holes all over as the servershad suffered catastrophic damage and even the blades above it were ripped out and on the ground.

Ifeoma looked over to Kuyi and said;

“When do we send in those ground troops of yours? Or you want us to wait until they regroup?”

“That is left to Quadri” Kuyi said “He has them on speed dial”

“What’s their mission again?”
Kuyi answered;

“They are going in the take care of the soldiers inside the house and also carry out the arrest of the coup plotters. It is a crazy mission but someone has to do it”

“Okay how soon can they go in Quadri?”

Quadri said;

“They are just waiting for your go ahead and that’s all. So do we have a go?”

She was about to respond when there was a bleep and a voice said

“Control this is special agent Michael”

Kuyi hit a button so he could respond to their calls;

“This is Director Kuyi, what’s your status?”

“We have taken down the communications, but we lost two men”

Ifeoma walked over to the controls and said;

“Are you safe where you are right now?”

“We are not really safe, there are a lot of men in this hallway and they might be coming for us soon”

“Okay where are you?” Ifeoma said

“We are still in the communications room, a helicopter crashed in and blocked us from them but I don’t know how long that would keep them”

“Okay Agent, sit tight, we will see what we can do for you”

Kuyi looked and Ifeoma and said;

“Why did you ask them to sit tight? It might take Quadri’s guys some time to get to them”

A smile crept into Ifeoma’s face and she said;

“I am not talking about Quadri’s men you know”

Quadri who had been on the phone came towards the two of them and said;

“I have given them the order to move in, about thirty specially trained men who are taught to shoot first and ask questions later. It is only a matter of time before the house becomes a graveyard of some sorts”

2 Likes

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 4:50am On Aug 20, 2013
Lawd gimme strenght to upload today oooo
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by dawoyo(m): 4:57am On Aug 20, 2013
Nice update. Keep them coming pls!
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by IZUKWU(m): 5:52am On Aug 20, 2013
Mynd_44: Lawd gimme strenght to upload today oooo
recieve it IJN
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Smooth278(m): 6:09am On Aug 20, 2013

May the good Lord bless and help u and open up ur intellect to keep the updates flowing Amen!!!
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by drsolob(m): 6:15am On Aug 20, 2013
IZUKWU: recieve it IJN
Amen ooh.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Obinnau(m): 6:18am On Aug 20, 2013
Are you sure the head hunters won't mistake mike's team for hostiles and gun them down? Pls preserve those boys, they deserve to be heroes, from their respective fields to tetuan to aso rock, they have tried.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Eneze1(f): 10:31am On Aug 20, 2013

amen, nice one Mynd
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 20, 2013
Mynd, that's nice....you are the bomb.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 20, 2013
Mynd, that's nice....you are the bomb.......Please make sure nothing happens to shade and the girl. Do you care for dinner tongue
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by vanagon: 7:25pm On Aug 20, 2013
jchime: Mynd, that's nice....you are the bomb.......Please make sure nothing happens to shade and the girl. Do you care for dinner tongue
d coup is coupist are close to d end of d tunnel,lai& d wingmamen's be remember 4 gud job done,
Pray micheal come's out clean.
So shade is restin in d safe hse nw.eeeh.
gud 4 her.
Mynd come update after d dinner.
Tanx.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by vanagon: 7:27pm On Aug 20, 2013
jchime: Mynd, that's nice....you are the bomb.......Please make sure nothing happens to shade and the girl. Do you care for dinner tongue
d coup & d coupist are close to d end of d tunnel,lai& d wingmamen's be remember 4 gud job done,
Pray micheal come's out clean.
So shade is restin in d safe hse nw.eeeh.
gud 4 her.
Mynd come update after d dinner.
Tanx.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by ajaxtea(m): 10:32pm On Aug 20, 2013
Hmmmmmmm, it gets more interestin 4 me........
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by PBeni(m): 1:18pm On Aug 21, 2013
While reading this post i was picturing it with my mind's eye, and i must confess this looks like a scene from one of those Hollywood action movies.
Keep it up son, you're really good...
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by fiolaP(f): 2:56pm On Aug 21, 2013
mynd...did you have to stop the story at this point...oh na wa for u jare...especially when u know that u have a glued audience....thumbs-up....
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 6:00am On Aug 22, 2013
New Update
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Obinnau(m): 6:04am On Aug 22, 2013
waiting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (51) (Reply)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here / Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.