Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,084 members, 7,849,401 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:37 PM

<<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> - Literature (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> (129208 Views)

Mary Apocalypse Rise of Titans / Blessing Of The Fæ,ocelot Spleen. Rise Of The Guardians,chief Of The CH'ANG SHI / Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Tovot: 10:57pm On Aug 24, 2013
A very wonderful story with the never ending twist' never ceases to amaze!welldone Mynd44
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 10:58pm On Aug 24, 2013
Tovot: A very wonderful story with the never ending twist' never ceases to amaze!welldone Mynd44
Thank you ma'am
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 10:59pm On Aug 24, 2013
Everyone, I wanna link some events together hence the delay. Some things don't add up to me yet but I am on it
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Obinnau(m): 7:08am On Aug 25, 2013
ok we are wating
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by ajaxtea(m): 11:55am On Aug 25, 2013
Patiently waiting 4d update ooooooo........
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by drsolob(m): 12:25pm On Aug 25, 2013
Mynd_44: Everyone, I wanna link some events together hence the delay. Some things don't add up to me yet but I am on it
Ok we are waiting.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 25, 2013
embarassed mynd, don't dare play with my patience, else i will do to you what i did to foxy rebirth, am sure you won't like it. You have 20mins to get that update ready.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by iphy42: 1:07am On Aug 26, 2013
jchime: embarassed mynd, don't dare play with my patience, else i will do to you what i did to foxy rebirth, am sure you won't like it. You have 20mins to get that update ready.

Haba, take it easy on Mynd. It isn't east to write stories well.Let him update at his own pace so as not to present watered down tales wink
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by d5fada: 6:42am On Aug 26, 2013
iphy42:

Haba, take it easy on Mynd. It isn't east to write stories well.Let him update at his own pace so as not to present watered down tales wink

I agree o... Mynd pls take ur time. Lovely updates
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by fiolaP(f): 3:44pm On Aug 26, 2013
i agree with u mynd...take ur time
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Cheriepet: 4:22pm On Aug 26, 2013
Mynd u re breaking my hrt... pls update
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by vanagon: 7:30am On Aug 29, 2013
mrhg.smbdy pls tell,Mynd gone AWOL,repogirl,bukkydan n other wrter's.pls help locate MYND.
Kindly say to him.to show.only to drop a comment.
Am worried,
Hope kuyi& quadri are nt up on him?.
Need to hear frm u.
Thanx.
drsolob: Ok we are waiting.
mrhg.smbdy pls tell,Mynd gone AWOL,repogirl,bukkydan n other wrter's.pls help locate MYND.
Kindly say to him.to show.only to drop a comment.
Am worried,
Hope kuyi& quadri are nt up on him?.
Need to hear frm u.
Thanx.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Osyxcel(m): 7:47am On Aug 29, 2013
I hope and pray he's fine.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by nuwell(m): 9:33am On Aug 29, 2013
Wow! I thought I'd never catch up with this story, even after a hot pursuit that has lasted several days. But I'm finally here and I must confess for all to hear, that this is a most splendidly spun tale, in a high class of its own, well thought out (wouldn't expect any less from Mynd's mind, lolz), enthralling, educative, creativlely written, superbly garnished with suspense, intrigue and humour in the right dozes...
What more can I say? Well done, sir.
Now I have to join the long list of readers begging for more. Smh. I should be ashamed of myself but I must say, 'Mr Mynd oooo, we are waiting o!'
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 2:43pm On Aug 29, 2013
Longest update yet.....coming soon
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2013
Please let's keep the thread free (as if it is not free already)
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 5:11pm On Aug 29, 2013
Darkness they say is usually associated by cold and then there is a feeling of loneliness that goes with it in a fashion that tends to break down the soul and make the spirit weak. The course of the dementing feeling is usually not felt until the thought starts creeping that you are not just alone but you are also not going to be for a long time and the only voice you will hear or face you will see in a long while is not that of friends. Not that of people who cares about you, you would even at some point pray to have people who are indifferent to you but that does not come with certain cold and darkness. The cold that comes is that which isfrom within, a cold that comes as a result of amind in darkness as you look into a hopeless situation and realize that you will not be saved and the only voices you hear until you pass on are those of people who are bent on hurting and violating your humanity in every cynical way you can imagine and more.

The lights on the screen flickered for some seconds and Shade looked on at the screen expecting to see something but she did not know what she was expecting. The past hours has been one which has exerted a toll on her mentally and emotionally so she could not really prepared herself for what she might or would be seeing, instead, she decided to wait and allow her curiosity go to bed. She decided it whatever it was would appear on the screen will be dealt with by herbrain and it will sieve it out on its own but she was terribly wrong.
Static first showed up on the screen and thenthe picture started to gain focus slowly with audio messages also coming with the same static that could be linked with the video

“I am sorry for the quality of this video, internet reception is proving itself a little hellish for us” the voice which has been communicating with them said

Kuyi replied;

“Well we can’t see anything at all”

“We are fixing that”

Seconds later, the screen which problem fromthe other end was fixed and the screen showed the images being sent to it from miles away. Ifeoma looked up at it and wondered if her morning could get any worse than it already was. The screen showed a little room which looked more like a cell and the first that hit Ifeoma about the room is the color disparity that came to the screen. It was unpainted so the walls had the gray color of concrete but the roof was while and the ground had the same color as the room but it was illuminated by a bulb which hung overhead and gave a touch of red to the room. On the wall, there were different spots or patches and they looked like a kid had a go with a paint brush inside it, the same went for the floor but the patches on the floor was more like pools of a liquid or spots where ink dropped onto the floor.

There was a man dressed in only his underwear seated on a metal chair. The chair had a leg rest and his feet were on it but he was not just seated, he was strapped to the chair at almost every point so his body was incontact with the metallic body of the chair and in some places, it was crushing into it. The straps itself did not look healthy as they pulled the body into the chair so much; it wasenough to break the skin of the man.

Two men were also in the room with the man on the chair there face was covered by hoods; one help a little hand held device and the other just a bottle with some kind of liquid inside it. They stood around the man on the chair and were just trying to appear as casual as possible and trying to go about their normal activity. In a corner of the room, there was a table, the contents of the table was not really clear but they shone like glass in the little light the bulb provided and Ifeoma knew they had to be stainless steel. Perhaps they were knives and other dissecting equipment her brain told her but when she looked at the face of the man on the chair, she realized that this was a different type of thing which she is not used to.

His eyes were completely dilated as though he was pregnant and his body seemed to be pale: almost taking the same color as his eyes,his eyes brightened and his body stiffened as though he was stabbed and his nervous system was sending massive bolts of signals to his brain but she could not see and source of physical contact from the outside except the straps that were used to hold him down. She thought he was strapped on the nails butthe ground was almost clear of anything and there was no indication of bleeding which will have been the case if he was sting on nails and she remembered that he was being questioned. There would really be no point strapping him to sharp objects which will make him bleed to death.

2 Likes

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 5:15pm On Aug 29, 2013
She almost concluded that the man was faking the expression on his face until she saw him bite his lips for about 5 seconds andthen suddenly, a scream escaped his mouth. The scream did not get to them as the audio was not being sent yet but that did not mean she could not see him in pains. The expression showed in his eyes was so intense that even without the audio piece, they knew he was in unbearable pains. She could not see what caused the pains until shenoticed two little black ropes that ran on the ground and their ends were tied to the chair at their ends and she understood what was going on. The realization struck her just like the bolts of electricity that were passing through the body of the man strapped into the chair and she felt her stomach twist.

In the midst of the man’s scream, the audio attached to the video worked and the room they were in was filled with screams as the man struggled to get in touvh with the pains his body was subjected to.

Suddenly, the scream dropped and it came in micro bursts as the electricity was obviously cut off. His body relaxed and his eyes dropped a little bit.

“Okay, that was some kind of entrance” Kuyi said “And now that you have showed us your improvement of the electric chair, what are we to do with it?”

“I told you it did not really look good but you said you can handle it”

Quadri said

“That man is a citizen of the federal republic of Nigeria and a member f our armed forces; what makes you think you can treat him like that? The situation brings him under the category of a prisoner of war and you have no right to torture him”

The Major replied;

“I am sorry but certain steps have to be taken to ensure the safety of our country I am sure Mr Kuyi agrees with me”

“Whether I agree or not does not matter one bit, what does right now is that you give us whatever information you seem to have or you allow us speak with him and then we cansee what we will do about your ambitions foryour country” Kuyi replied

Quadri shot a look at Ifeoma and saw that even though she was not talking, she was visibly shaken by what she saw and he expected her to say something but she just said;

“Can you stop with the electricity? We have some questions for him and it will be better ifwe can ask him when his mind is clear”

Kuyi replied;

“I think that’s why the electricity is good, he will be awake and his senses heightened and he is less likely to forget anything”

“Okay Major, let’s get this over with, put us through with your prisoner and lets hear what he has to say”

“Okay ma’am, you have been patched through; let us attach some audio feeds so hecan hear you too” The Major replied

The three of them stood each lost in their thoughts and Charles just stood by the door as he had always done watching and waiting for when he will be needed

A few seconds later, they heard the Major’s voice again;

“Good morning everybody. Agent Dare, we are joined by some people who want to have a word with you and perhaps they can help loosen your tongue”

Dare heard the voice clearly but he had stubbornly decided not to say anything and his reply was almost automated;

“I will never say anything to you”

One of the guards in the room hit him across the face. The blow struck him squarely on his left chin and it cause Ifeoma to gasp for air as the blow was sudden and it almost felt as if she was the one that was hit. Kuyi took his hand of the button he was holding which will make sure that no one else could hear what they say and he said to her;

“Are you alright?”

“Yes I am”

“Are you sure? These things are never pretty and if you want to take a walk while I handle this, it will be okay but I don’t want you shutting off in horror right now”

“Continue" Ifeoma said

Kuyi pushed the button again and pushed another which was to record the conversation and then another which will make sure he does not have to hold the button while talking and he said calmly into the microphone

“Agent Dare, Department of State Security; Agent number 7556654769 designation: protection, explosives and geographical survey am I right”
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 5:18pm On Aug 29, 2013
Dare looked up in amusement at the voice he heard over the speakers in the room. He triedhard to make out the voice but it did not match any. The accent was Nigerian and mostimportantly, the voice seemed to know him from the DSS as his designation was not something everyone has access to and his number can only be gotten from the DSS itselfbut he did not say anything and he was hit again by the same guard who said;

“Are you deaf?”

Kuyi looked at Ifeoma and saw that she did not react this time and he spoke again;

“Can we please refrain from hitting him? I don’t want him blacking out and to be honest, I don’t like your electric shock therapy being used to jolt him awake”

The guard seemed to flinched a little and he walked away from Dare as though if he was closer, he might not be able to resist hitting him again

Dare looked up as though he would see whoever was talking to him. Whoever it was could see him through some cameras in the room. He is used to the kind of interrogation from a distance but not associated with a chair and he had never being the recipient.

Kuyi spoke again;

“Agent Dare, I think I can call you Dare right?”

Dare nodded

“Okay, good that you are responding to me”

Dare’s voice came through the speakers. The voice was weak and showed that he was trying to show it off as strong. It carried pain,anger, bitterness and confusion all rolled up in one sentence

“You seem to know who I am but I don’t know you”

“Okay, fair enough. My name is Kuyi Aliyu Director General of the Directoral of Military Intelligence and I am here with the Minister of Defense”

At the mention of these two names, Dare’s head dropped the little distance he could afford to drop it while restrained in the straps which held his body to the chair.

“You are supposed to be part of a team on anassignment to Tetuan for something important Dare, what happened to the mission?”

“I am not at liberty to answer that question sir” was his reply

“You are not at liberty to reply? I am going to need you to tell me why agent”

He kept quiet for a while and then he said

“Does it really matter?”

Kuyi wanted to say something but he say Ifeoma walk towards him and he kept quiet. She said;

“This is Admiral Ifeoma Nwachukwu, agent I am aware of your present predicament but you need to understand that you are held in Tetuan for a reason you might not know”

“And what’s the reason?”

“Lucas Randolosema, the Tetuan president has been murdered. He was found dead on a roadside some minutes ago and they did you are part of a team that did it. Under these conditions, you will not be treated as a prisoner of war but as whatever it is they like and they can continue to torture you until they get tired but if you talk to us and we understand what is happening, we might be able to get you out and bring you back home”

She paused and so her words can sink in and she continued;

“We need you to tell us everything that has happened and what plans it is that you were hatching else we won’t be able to negotiate arelease for you”

Dare raised his head slightly and said;

“I am a DSS agent ma’am, I am trained in interrogation and your words about helping to realease me are not something I believe somuch. You just want to hear what I can tell and you would leave me to their mercy”

Ifeoma said;

“Why would I do that? Whether we like it or not, you are a DSS agent and you were on a sanctioned mission by the Military, you might have deviated but you were following orders and the worst we can do to you in a dishonorable discharge but as the situation stands, you are being held for taking part in acoup that killed their past leader and also destabilized their country. Out
r diplomatic powers won’t come into play and you’d be left all alone to face the consequences but if you talk to us, you will be released to our custody and we can talk about a reduced jail term for you”

1 Like

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 5:22pm On Aug 29, 2013
There was some silence now. Kuyi looked at the screen and he could notice that Ifeoma’s words were having the desired effect on Dare. He went into a thoughtful gaze but that was not his concern. He knew the agent would sing, if the Tetuans could not, he could.He would pay a visit to his home and hold his family until he gave him something but he was not sure about what Ifeoma said.
Dare’s actions have could only be described as treason and he would most definitely be hanged but not she is talking to him like they could make a deal and life would go on as if nothing happened which could not be allowed. If Dare was released by the Tetuans, he would be coming straight into the custody of the DSS, but since the crime was done outside the country, the DMI would be in charge of the case and Ifeoma had no right to promise him anything except of course she was doing that just to loosen his tongue which was difficult to determine as she had gone through so much, it was difficult to read her emotions.

The silence went on for some time and Kuyi saw that Quadri was beginning to get uncomfortable with it, he must have expected the man to be broken already and he would have been spilling his guts. An interrogation was not something he envisaged. Of course he has his methods of getting information and they were basically the type of stuff the Tetuans are doing but he had a twisted sense that only the Nigerian military should be allowed to that to a Nigerian hence his initial outburst and Kuyi could understand that sense of protecting your own even if you want to kill him with your hands.

They did not wait so long as Dare started talking;

“I was approached by the Director of the DSS, he asked John and I to meet one of his men just after we were briefed about the mission to Tetuan and we were to ensure that we gotthe president out and then lead the team intoa trap and they will be finished off there”
Ifeoma took a deep breath and said;

“How did you know where to meet up with the team and how did you know the way? You have never been to Tetuan before”

“The reason I was brought into the team was because I am an expert in studying maps and I tend to recreate entire cities in my head. I was shown where and where we will assemble and the rest was easy. We carried miniature transponders so our locations could be monitored at all time.”

Kuyi came in,

“So you played along until you got the president?’

“Yes sir”

“How about the helicopter? The president was supposed to be on it, how come it was blown?”

“The whole plan was to kill the president and make it look like it was done by the Tetuans so we could not kill her with the rest of the team watching. We could not also risk having a gun fight with the remaining members of the team so when the helicopter was called for, John sent a signal to the team waiting in the dark and they shot it down but they did so a little bit too early and the president was not aboard yet and in the commotion, John took out the batteries in the central communicator so communications was impossible. We then had to lure them into the city itself was the team where waiting and we tried to executed them there but we ran into an ambush by the rebels and the slipped away. We were in the middle of the fight withthe rebels when the Tetuan army swooped in on us”

“Okay, that’s gotten but what happened with Lucas?” Kuyi asked

“He was never in our plans, infact I only heard of his death after I was caught and brought here. I had no idea he was to be killed or what his mission was, we were just told to frame him up and make it look like he orchestrated the president’s death”

Ifeoma said;

“So if I am getting you right, you are telling me that you don’t know about Lucas’s death?”

“Well if I was never a party to that and I don’t know what happened; there might be another team out there who did it but I was not among”

1 Like

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 5:26pm On Aug 29, 2013
Kuyi then said;

“What was the exit plan?”

“What do you mean exit plan?”

“Well you were going to kill the president right? How were you planning to get out of there?”

“We were ordered to claim that we got into a shootout with them, the other team members and the president were killed while we got away”

Kuyi then asked;

“Do you know anyone else who might be involved in this; an high ranking official?’

“I do not, we only know our contact and we spoke to the director who told us that it was a sanctioned mission from the military. We were promised to be paid off and other stuff though”

“Yeah that’s normal” Kuyi said

‘Okay dare, it has been nice talking, we will bein touch soon” Ifeoma said and Kuyi cut off connection with the interrogating room so only the Major could hear them.

“So what do you make of this?” The major asked

“Well, at least we know what their plan was and that there might be another team of Nigerian soldiers out there that killed you president” Ifeoma said

“I thought so but catching them is not top on my list right now; he was a bad man who almost ran the nation into the ground”

“Okay what is top on your list?” Kuyi asked

“We want to negotiate”

“What do you want?” Ifeom asked

“Your troops have been shelling our presidential palace for a while now and your peace keepers have turned into an offensive force overnight and are attacking us on all angles. We plead with you to stop them as it is clear that this coup originated from your own people. It would be unfair to punish us for it”

“So you want the Nigerian army to stop its offensive right? That can only be done by the president you know”

“Your president placed the military under your command ma’am, you can help us”

Ifeoma thought for a while and looked at Kuyi who nodded his head and she said;

“Okay, I will do that but it will take a while. And I am only issuing a stand down; they will defend themselves if they come under attack and they are not retreating to their camps. They will remain wherever it is they are but they would not shoot at you got it?”

“That’s good enough ma’am” the Major said

Then Ifeoma said;

“One more thing”

“What?”

“Stop interrogating that agent and move him to a secured location, give him food, clothing and water and be prepared to send him home as soon as we ask you to and that goes for any other military or civilian personnel you are holding. If any Nigerian is going to be tried and tortured, it will be done by us”

“Yes ma’am, I will make those arrangements immediately”

With that, she noded and Kuyi and he cut off the connection

“Kuyi, I want you to get in touch with the commandant of the Nigerian Peace keeping trrops in Tetuan, let’s honor our agreement and see what we can make of this mess”

1 Like

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 5:26pm On Aug 29, 2013
Done. Enjoy
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Peterpan1(m): 5:40pm On Aug 29, 2013
Breath taking as usual, well done mind
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 29, 2013
Oga mynd, you are simply awesome, spectacular, amazing, one of the best writers i av ever seen.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 29, 2013
Nice one.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by kq(m): 9:13pm On Aug 29, 2013
Oga Mynd if you no mind abeg help your boys ehn We want more....Oliver Twist things today....abeg no vex... chei this hunger and thirst for dis tori go kill me o.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by MsSpaqs(f): 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2013
Nw we ar back in business grin
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Handsomeemmy(m): 10:09pm On Aug 29, 2013
Ms Spaqs: Nw we ar back in business grin
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by ajaxtea(m): 10:13pm On Aug 29, 2013
Nice job mynd...
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by d5fada: 10:55pm On Aug 29, 2013
Once again u held me spellbound, glued to my sofa! Amazing update... Oga Mynd thanky thx
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 12:35am On Aug 30, 2013
Peter pan: Breath taking as usual, well done mind
That you sir
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 12:35am On Aug 30, 2013
Damex333: Oga mynd, you are simply awesome, spectacular, amazing, one of the best writers i av ever seen.
You make me better

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (51) (Reply)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.