Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,164 members, 7,845,827 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief (39989 Views)

Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala / Pastor Who Goes About Preaching Unclad / What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by mko2005: 1:41pm On May 08, 2013
Pastor Kun:

You are the one making bogus claims that christians are instructed to tithe biblically so the onus is on you to show us from scriptures clear instructions to tithe and also clear instructions the tithe should be of money from regular income as I am yet to see any such instruction or even example in the bible. That is apart from the fact that as we have already shown you in the past tithing was brought to an end in hebrew 7 and described as a weak, useless and unprofitable law. tongue that aside my username is pastor kun and NOT 'pastor' kun.
But do you agree with me that there are laws that were not touched or 'fulfilled' becos they were clear and agrees with the gospel of grace (grace dispensation) as brought to us by Christ ?
Let's take it one after the other mate !
God help us
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by debosky(m): 1:48pm On May 08, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Ok then. I agree that I will do so...but under one condition: that you show me Scriptures that say exactly not implicitly that tithes have been abolished and that they are not to be given to those who minister to us in spiritual things.

That's the wrong starting point - the question is to start off with what tithe are we referring to - more than one tithe was described in the scripture. Once that is established, then we can go back to how it was instituted for practice and then determine whether the conditions under which it was practiced still apply today.

Anything else is sheer escapism/legalism in the name of 'show me where xyz is said explicitly'.

6 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by PastorKun(m): 2:10pm On May 08, 2013
DrummaBoy:

To say the truth, 15yrs ago when I came to Christ and this brother I used to play Chess with got wind of the fact that I was saved, took me aside and explained that there were a no. of things I should now begin to do. He listed them and tithe was one of them. I obeyed bc he said it, not bc I saw it in scriptures or bc anyone taught me. Months later I read a literature that encouraged me to continue. The church I attended: it was a no go area; you either tithe or you are excommunicated (something of that nature).

However the more I read Paul words and understod the gospel of grace, the more I questioned the tithe but never had the courage to stop. Until... I took the bold step two month ago.

Is there a reason to tithe? The answer is NO. The only reason to tithe include the following

1. If the NT can show that Pastors, etc, are an ordained preisthood, that do not possess lands, etc, and must be supported by the Church, same way the levites where.
2. If we can show that the tithe that God demands is raw money and not crops and animals
3. If we can show that though the Mosaic laws are abolished, the issue of tithing have been re-enacted with our own peculiar dispensation
4. If we can find one single scripture in the NT that teaches directly or even indirectly that the NT believer must tithe
5. If tithing can be said to be not obligatory, nor is it compulsory, the kind of giving that Paul encouraged in 2 corinthians

Now my question to you is this: We have a forum, a religion forum, that is replete with atheist; many of whom have morbid hatred for Christianity. If by the grace of God one of them comes to faith in Christ. What will you tell him to do, to continue in God and to grow in grace into Maturity? Will you encourage them to begin to tithe and tell him that if he does not tithe he will go to hell?(Now that line sounds a lot like the Judaizers who, in Acts 15, wanted the gentiles to be circumcized to be truly saved. Thank God Paul resisted them, and we would continue to resist modern day Judaizers also)

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by PastorKun(m): 2:18pm On May 08, 2013
m.k.o2005:

But do you agree with me that there are laws that were not touched or 'fulfilled' becos they were clear and agrees with the gospel of grace (grace dispensation) as brought to us by Christ ?
Let's take it one after the other mate !
God help us

Stop trying to be clever by half, the only Law carried over to the dispensation of grace is to Love God and to Love our fellow men.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by PastorKun(m): 2:27pm On May 08, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Stop trying to be clever by half, the only Law carried over to the dispensation of grace is to Love God and to Love our fellow men.

And if you love your fellow men you would not be deceiving them by preaching this fraudulent tith doctrine that is designed specifically to fleece believers on a consistent basis.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 08, 2013
debosky:

That's the wrong starting point - the question is to start off with what tithe are we referring to - more than one tithe was described in the scripture. Once that is established, then we can go back to how it was instituted for practice and then determine whether the conditions under which it was practiced still apply today.

Anything else is sheer escapism/legalism in the name of 'show me where xyz is said explicitly'.

Why is your starting point the correct one? Do you realize that we were not starting a conversation at the point where you came in?
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 08, 2013
debosky: Anything else is sheer escapism/legalism in the name of 'show me where xyz is said explicitly'.

I should also point out that by the above, brilapluz was indulging in escapism/legalism in his/her demand of me...which is pretty much what I intended to show with my reply.

smiley
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by PastorKun(m): 2:49pm On May 08, 2013
Ihedinobi:

I should also point out that by the above, brilapluz was indulging in escapism/legalism in his/her demand of me...which is pretty much what I intended to show with my reply.

smiley

The fact remains that you tithe merchants are yet to produce a single shred of evidence that tithes is applicable to christians other than your cooked + irrelevant assumptions that are conveniently arrived at after twisting scripture.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 08, 2013
Pastor Kun:

The fact remains that you tithe merchants are yet to produce a single shred of evidence that tithes is applicable to christians other than your cooked + irrelevant assumptions that are conveniently arrived at after twisting scripture.

I don't believe that there's a law preventing you from believing whatever you want.

smiley
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by PastorKun(m): 3:31pm On May 08, 2013
Ihedinobi:

I don't believe that there's a law preventing you from believing whatever you want.

smiley

I believe only biblical truths and not false man made doctrines designed to fleece the flock.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 08, 2013
Pastor Kun:

I believe only biblical truths and not false man made doctrines designed to fleece the flock.

Whatever you say, man. smiley
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by mko2005: 3:47pm On May 08, 2013
DrummaBoy:

To say the truth, 15yrs ago when I came to Christ and this brother I used to play Chess with got wind of the fact that I was saved, took me aside and explained that there were a no. of things I should now begin to do. He listed them and tithe was one of them. I obeyed bc he said it, not bc I saw it in scriptures or bc anyone taught me. Months later I read a literature that encouraged me to continue. The church I attended: it was a no go area; you either tithe or you are excommunicated (something of that nature).

However the more I read Paul words and understod the gospel of grace, the more I questioned the tithe but never had the courage to stop. Until... I took the bold step two month ago.

Is there a reason to tithe? The answer is NO. The only reason to tithe include the following

1. If the NT can show that Pastors, etc, are an ordained preisthood, that do not possess lands, etc, and must be supported by the Church, same way the levites where.
2. If we can show that the tithe that God demands is raw money and not crops and animals
3. If we can show that though the Mosaic laws are abolished, the issue of tithing have been re-enacted with our own peculiar dispensation
4. If we can find one single scripture in the NT that teaches directly or even indirectly that the NT believer must tithe
5. If tithing can be said to be not obligatory, nor is it compulsory, the kind of giving that Paul encouraged in 2 corinthians

Now my question to you is this: We have a forum, a religion forum, that is replete with atheist; many of whom have morbid hatred for Christianity. If by the grace of God one of them comes to faith in Christ. What will you tell him to do, to continue in God and to grow in grace into Maturity? Will you encourage them to begin to tithe and tell him that if he does not tithe he will go to hell?(Now that line sounds a lot like the Judaizers who, in Acts 15, wanted the gentiles to be circumcized to be truly saved. Thank God Paul resisted them, and we would continue to resist modern day Judaizers also)
Drumaboy ! I like the username cos it reminds me of one air freshener back in the days !
Coming to ur questions sir,there will be no long rhetoric but the word as given to me by the 'spirit' ! Let us take it one after the other:
[b]1. If the NT can show that Pastors, etc, are an ordained preisthood, that do not possess lands, etc, and must be supported by the Church, same way the levites where.-' [/b]Hebrews 7:21 made it clear that Christ is the new and final high priest-'(For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of MelchisedecsmileyApostle paul showed us the last time that teachers of the gospel have the right to eat there of.Now he did not just say it as a new covenant law but he quoted moses and his law,trying to remind us that it is still applicable in the new covenant for them to eat of the gospel but they(apostles)can also decide not to take what rightfully belong to them from the congregation.And that their not taking from members wether christian givings,gifts,offerings,tithes or what have you does not make that very authority given to them non effective. ''Who goeth a warfare any time at his own charges? who planteth a vineyard, and eateth not of the fruit thereof? or who feedeth a flock, and eateth not of the milk of the flock?
Say I these things as a man? or saith not the law the same also?
For it is written in the law of Moses, thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?
Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope''-1 Corinthians 9:7-10 I DECIDED TO QUOTE THIS SCRIPTURES JUST TO SHOW US THAT EVEN APOSTLE PAUL ONE OF THE PROPONENTS OF GRACE AFTER CHRIST KNOWS THE LAW AND QUOTES FROM IT AS WELL ! Pls bro,there are old testament laws that still grace with the dispensation of grace !
2. If we can show that the tithe that God demands is raw money and not crops and animal- When God said in Malachi 3 that HIS children should bring all the tithes into the store house so that there will be plenty food in HIS house does that mean if people had brought in money in place of animal and crop it would have been rejected ? The idea for that particular tithing in Malachi 3 was for the purpose of having more than enough in the house of God.Money can be used to buy animals and also farm produce !The pharisees and scribes that Christ instructed to pay their tithes as well as do other important things of life,were they all farmers ? If yes,then it means that all then were predominantly farmers ! But the case is different today ! Or are you a farmer or do u rear animals ? Farming/fishing were the major and the order of the day back then that even carpenters,bricklayers,goldsmiths and the rest all take part in at least peasant farming ! You see why crops and animals were always looked at when ever tithe was mentioned then !
4. If we can find one single scripture in the NT that teaches directly or even indirectly that the NT believer must tithe-Now concerning one scripture that teaches indirectly if not directly that tithing is a law that metamorphosed from the old testament into the new testament,we should consider Mathew 23:23 and the reason it was not thoroughly or repeatedly mentioned in the New testament was becos it was never an issue in the new testament,even with the early Christians! Let's see Mathew 23:23'' "What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law--justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.'' From this scripture,i do not need any FEMI ARIBISALA to tell me that if i pay my tithe i am a sinner! Justice,mercy and faith are all laws as shown in this scripture including the tithing law,but Christ showed here that to pay our tithes is the very least of these laws ! But he went further to tell the hypocrites that they should continue with tithing that there is no cause for alarm but where there will be problem is wen they fail to keep the other laws like administering good justice,showing mercy to whom needs to be shown mercy and to be faithfull to God ! Do you agree with me that to love is A LAW in the old that also metamorphosed into the new testament ? But Christ said among all the laws that love is the greatest! That is how paying of tithe is the least among justice,mercy and faith in God ! I love the holy bible becos it is just more than complete !
5. If tithing can be said to be not obligatory, nor is it compulsory, the kind of giving that Paul encouraged in 2 corinthians - You see the drumaboy,in this one,i can't agree with you anyless !How can we make the congregation and our pastors see that Christ died for us all and that we can no longer go under becos we failed to keep a particular law of the book ? Remember what James said that no one can keep all the laws and if you are guilty of one then you are guilty of all ! Wen people say i will not go to heaven becos i failed to pay my tithe then i start to wonder what happened to the shedding of HIS blood on the cross of Calvary that eventually brought us grace ! It is Just like saying for the word said we should not forsake the gathering of believers and if i fail to fellowship with my fellow believers may be some times i will go to hell or even always !
Now if you care to know,i am not a faithful tither ! i tithe every once in a while. Not becos i like to tithe that way but becos i some times have some daring needs to attend to or still have to support some people some where and some how or just sometimes i even forget to send in my tithe ! My own understanding with tithe isn't of fear but that we have to support the work of God with what God has blessed us with !That ministry needs cash ! Real cash that even wen Christ was about going to the cross HE sent out the disciples with purses ! My wife is of the Roman catholic denomination and i am of the Pentecostal but she understands the principle of tithing and was some what faithful to it even before i met her and eventually married her !In the church were she worships,the priests rarely or even don't mention it yet she tithes ! That is the understanding we should have concerning tithing-Not tithing out of fear but out of ur love for God,HIS word and for the proper understanding of the word tithe !
The Kingdom of God must be supported even if we all fail to give tithe ! Mind us,some of us have stopped giving 10 percent but everything ! We say 10 percent is limiting us and the work of God ! That is the understanding i am talking about !
God bless you drumaboy !
God help us
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by mko2005: 3:56pm On May 08, 2013
Pastor Kun:

There are so many laws that were carried from the old to the new testament. But that isn't the topic for now but if you care,i can still list them for you !It was not just love that was carried from the old to the new but Christ summed up all laws of the new testament proper in love ! And now i ask you,if you agree that love is indeed one of the laws that we can find in the new and the old testament,why not allow me who intends to pay my tithe for the furtherance of the gospel to keep doing it out of the love i have for God,HIS word and HIS work !Do i pay my tithe to church of satan ? I pay to d church of God !
I ask you this question,' DO YOU LOVE GOD' ? If you do,stop persecuting HIM !
God help us
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by mko2005: 4:05pm On May 08, 2013
3. If we can show that though the Mosaic laws are abolished, the issue of tithing have been re-enacted with our own peculiar dispensation -
Ooops ! I missed out on no 3 for drumaboy !
The mosaic laws were laws given by God to HIS servant in that dispensation,they were not completely abolished becos there are so many things in the grace (Jesus)dispensation that agrees with the OT(Mosaic)Some of them with shallow explanation/understanding were properly explained to us by Christ ! We now have a clearer understanding and the things that are no longer necessary has been given a new meaning by Christ !
Thank You Jesus !
God help us
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by PastorKun(m): 4:46pm On May 08, 2013
m.k.o2005:

4. If we can find one single scripture in the NT that teaches directly or even indirectly that the NT believer must tithe-Now concerning one scripture that teaches indirectly if not directly that tithing is a law that metamorphosed from the old testament into the new testament,we should consider Mathew 23:23 and the reason it was not thoroughly or repeatedly mentioned in the New testament was becos it was never an issue in the new testament,even with the early Christians!

The high lighted is a lie from the pit of hell cooked up by religious merchants to justify the tithing scam and expalin away why it was not taught in the new testament. The fact remains that most of the books in the new testament were epistles written to gentiles[corinthians, romans, galatians, ephesians, colossians, thessalonians e.t.c] and these gentiles could not have been conversant or used to the jewish tradition of tithing so there would have been a need to teach them and encourage to tithe if it indeed was a christain requirement but alas there is no such teaching or record in scriptures. The fact remains that tithing as we practise it today was started in america less than 150 years ago. If you don't know your church history go and do some research and stop regurgitating lies that have been used to fleece believers over the years.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by PastorKun(m): 4:47pm On May 08, 2013
m.k.o2005:

4. If we can find one single scripture in the NT that teaches directly or even indirectly that the NT believer must tithe-Now concerning one scripture that teaches indirectly if not directly that tithing is a law that metamorphosed from the old testament into the new testament,we should consider Mathew 23:23 and the reason it was not thoroughly or repeatedly mentioned in the New testament was becos it was never an issue in the new testament,even with the early Christians!

The high lighted is a lie from the pit of hell cooked up by religious merchants to justify the tithing scam and expalin away why it was not taught in the new testament. The fact remains that most of the books in the new testament were epistles written to gentiles[corinthians, romans, galatians, ephesians, colossians, thessalonians e.t.c] and these gentiles could not have been conversant or used to the jewish tradition of tithing so there would have been a need to teach them and encourage to tithe if it indeed was a christain requirement but alas there is no such teaching or record in scriptures. The fact remains that tithing as we practise it today was started in america less than 150 years ago. If you don't know your church history go and do some research and stop regurgitating lies that have been used to fleece believers over the years.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by PastorKun(m): 4:53pm On May 08, 2013
m.k.o2005:

There are so many laws that were carried from the old to the new testament. But that isn't the topic for now but if you care,i can still list them for you !It was not just love that was carried from the old to the new but Christ summed up all laws of the new testament proper in love ! And now i ask you,if you agree that love is indeed one of the laws that we can find in the new and the old testament,why not allow me who intends to pay my tithe for the furtherance of the gospel to keep doing it out of the love i have for God,HIS word and HIS work !Do i pay my tithe to church of satan ? I pay to d church of God !
I ask you this question,' DO YOU LOVE GOD' ? If you do,stop persecuting HIM !
God help us

With reference to the highlighted, it is not my intention to stop you or anybody for that matter from paying tithes. My intention is to let the whole world know the truth about this tithe doctrine [as it is being preached in a fraudulent way in most churches] if a believer knows the truth that he is under no obligation to tithe but still goes on to tithe to support a ministry out of love i have no problem with that but the fact remains that most people tithe becos they are being deceived and they don't know better, it is this majority of ignorant tithers that i wish to liberate from the evil yoke of compulsary tithing placed on them by charlatans.

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by mko2005: 5:06pm On May 08, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Referencing the highlighted,were they no Jewish Christians back then with the early churches ? If there were Jewish Christians,did they pay their tithes ? If they tithed as was their tradition like you said,were they rebuked for tithing? If they never tithed of course which will go against their tradition according to you,show me where in the scriptures when they were hailed/applauded for not tithing or where in the scriptures when they were admonished not to tithe as christian Jews ? Or should we just say none of the scripture was written by a Jew or for the Jews as well !
Pls my brother which you are sir,tithing been popularized just some 150yrs ago according to you (may be the bible is just 150yrs old becos tithing is in both NT and OT of the bible)does not make it a sin or not biblical ! It's just like saying 'silver and gold i have none' is not biblical becos it's been popularized some 2yrs ago in Nigeria ! kiss
God help us
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by DrummaBoy(m): 5:07pm On May 08, 2013
Let me add to the issue of history
1. There is no evidence that first generation Christians paved tithe
2. There is no evidence tithing was re discovered in the reformation
3. No one has spoken of Wesley churches tithing
4. There is no evidence tithe was used to support early missionaries in Africa
Tithing is wholly an unorthodox practise popularized by prosperity gospellers
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by DrummaBoy(m): 5:38pm On May 08, 2013
And they have further taken their deceit to include FIRSTFRUIT. i like to tell this story in regards to firstfruit.

A lady moved to lagos from my local church bc of work. In The church she joined d pastor began asking her for firstfruit. She reported d matter to my pastor here in Ibadan.

My Pastor then explained to d church that firstfruit is tithe and no one need pay it, except the tithe.

Now if we were to return a hundred yrs ago, the matter in question would have been tithe not firstfruit.

Eventually with time and indoctrination people would take what they hear as biblical without questioning the basis. If my Pastor had lived in the 19century he would probably have come to the same conclusion on tithing same way he did on firstfruit.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by mko2005: 5:40pm On May 08, 2013
DrummaBoy: Let me add to the issue of history
1. There is no evidence that first generation Christians paved tithe
2. There is no evidence tithing was re discovered in the reformation
3. No one has spoken of Wesley churches tithing
4. There is no evidence tithe was used to support early missionaries in Africa
Tithing is wholly an unorthodox practise popularized by prosperity gospellers
The drummaboy !
Let's take it point by point sir !
1. There is no evidence that first generation Christians paved tithe- Were they evidence that first generation Christians never paid tithes ?The teachers of the law(Scribes and the pharisees)were supposed to be part of the early Christians like we see in the case of Nicodemus who walked up to Jesus at the middle of the night just to hear more of the word from Christ and eventually got converted as we saw in a whole lot of risks he took becos of Christ. Wen Jesus was preaching to Nicodemus,did he ask him not to tithe anymore ? Rather he encouraged him to get born again and to always give ! Is tithing not part of giving ? May be some of you guys are to scared to part with ur 'meager '5k' @ the end of the month !If the teachers of the law paid that and was encouraged by Christ to continue to pay their tithe why should i not be encouraged to do so ?
2. There is no evidence tithing was re discovered in the reformation- If Christ supported even the 'hypocritical unqualified' scribes and pharisees to continue to pay their tithe even in the supposed reformation as seen in Mathew 23:23,what then are we saying ? If tithing was bad,Christ would have rebuked the adherents ! Remember stoning of the adulterous women was a mosaic law but Christ show the teachers of the law that things have changed by not approving of their stoning of the adulterous woman ! Remember that doing anything on Sabbath day other than the work of God was against the law but Christ severally rebuked the scribes and the pharisees that it's not what it means ! And also remember the paying of tax to ceaser,was it condemned by Christ ? NO-but they were encouraged to continue with paying of their tax just like us today ! Christ never condemned tithe.He encouraged it !
3. No one has spoken of Wesley churches tithing- Brake it down pls ! I can not give an answer to what i barely comprehend
4. There is no evidence tithe was used to support early missionaries in Africa- Anything in form of gift,offerings even stolen or blood money has been used in the past to push the gospel forward !
God help us
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by mko2005: 6:11pm On May 08, 2013
DrummaBoy: And they have further taken their deceit to include FIRSTFRUIT. i like to tell this story in regards to firstfruit.

A lady moved to lagos from my local church bc of work. In The church she joined d pastor began asking her for firstfruit. She reported d matter to my pastor here in Ibadan.

My Pastor then explained to d church that firstfruit is tithe and no one need pay it, except the tithe.

Now if we were to return a hundred yrs ago, the matter in question would have been tithe not firstfruit.

Eventually with time and indoctrination people would take what they hear as biblical without questioning the basis. If my Pastor had lived in the 19century he would probably have come to the same conclusion on tithing same way he did on firstfruit.
Drummaboy,i have another comprehension issue with the above,may be this time,i'm to be held responsible ! Notwithstanding,permit me to say that our knowledge of the word of God determines how far we can go with God !
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by PastorKun(m): 6:40pm On May 08, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Referencing the highlighted,were they no Jewish Christians back then with the early churches ? If there were Jewish Christians,did they pay their tithes ? If they tithed as was their tradition like you said,were they rebuked for tithing? If they never tithed of course which will go against their tradition according to you,show me where in the scriptures when they were hailed/applauded for not tithing or where in the scriptures when they were admonished not to tithe as christian Jews ? Or should we just say none of the scripture was written by a Jew or for the Jews as well !
Pls my brother which you are sir,tithing been popularized just some 150yrs ago according to you (may be the bible is just 150yrs old becos tithing is in both NT and OT of the bible)does not make it a sin or not biblical ! It's just like saying 'silver and gold i have none' is not biblical becos it's been popularized some 2yrs ago in Nigeria ! kiss
God help us

But the only epistle written to the Jews the book of hebrews talked about tithes and it not only nullified tithes for even the jews it made it clear that tithes is weak, useless and unprofitable law tongue so I really don't know what you keep ranting about
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Zikkyy(m): 8:10pm On May 08, 2013
Ihedinobi:
Those who serve the Body spiritually are the Levites and priests. So, if the tenth is going anywhere first, it is to those people you call church workers and pastors and they in turn ought to reserve a tenth for the High Priest Jesus.

Ihedinobi na wa for o! you don turn Jesus to tithe collector because you want to justify your tithing scheme angry

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Goshen360(m): 8:18pm On May 08, 2013
New International Version (©2011)
Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, "Do not go beyond what is written." Then you will not be puffed up in being a follower of one of us over against the other. 1 Corinthians 4:6

Did the Apostles or Christ ever instructed Christians on tithe\tithing?..."Do not go beyond what is written."

You people have been saying there's no evidence that tithe wasn't mentioned to Christians but there is evidence it was not mentioned to Christians so can it be both?..."Do not go beyond what is written."

Lemme proceed to puncture some twisted scriptures used to justify tithe\tithing. grin

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by christemmbassey(m): 9:14pm On May 08, 2013
When Jesus was on earth he did not collect tithe, now that he is in heaven you ppl say he needs naira, pls what does he want to do with the naira in heaven? To buy long span to roof ur own mansion?
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by samtoye(m): 9:14pm On May 08, 2013
I have read with interest the various arguments raised here so i say to each man his conviction. The Gospel of the new testament is premised on FREEDOM from ALL Rites,Rituals and Traditional Obligation. Gal 5:1-6. It is not a sin to obey the law of Moses concerning doctrines and ordinance but you cannot be selective of what to obey or not, he who must follow the law of tithing must also obey all other laws including the law of sabbath etc. Also he who observes it should not make it as a law unto others neither should he enforce as doctrine nor use it as basis of judgement of holiness.

My question now is if we insist on obeying the laws where have you placed "GRACE" or do we practice selective application of Grace? The doctrine of Grace nullifies all physical obligatory requirement to qualify for God's Love, Salvation and Blessings. Lets study to show ourselves a workman of God and don't allow men that have made their stomach their god to add burden that Christ had delivered us from. (2 Tim 2:15)

To the Advocates of NO TITHES

It is clearly shown that the act of giving is divine, encouraged by the bible and has reward
2 Corinthians 9:6-15

The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. As it is written, “He has distributed freely, he has given to the poor; his righteousness endures forever.” He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness. ...

Shalom

Passages about freedom in Christ

John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
John 8:36- So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
Acts 15:10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear?
Romans 8:15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to son-ship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father”.
1 Corinthians 16:13- Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.
2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 11:20 In fact, you even put up with anyone who enslaves you or exploits you or takes advantage of you or puts on airs or slaps you in the face.
Galatians 2:4- This matter arose because some false believers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus and to make us slaves.
Galatians 4:31 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.
Galatians 5:13- You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Image123(m): 9:20pm On May 08, 2013
one fellow is waking up in the middle of the night depressed about tithe, the other is complaining that his name is Pastor and not 'pastor'. What's wrong with these people? i'd advice Ihedinobi and mko2005 not to EXERT too much time or energy on this issue, the folks you're addressing are not interested in what you say.
foreknowledge

God help us all.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by christemmbassey(m): 9:27pm On May 08, 2013
Image123: one fellow is waking up in the middle of the night depressed about tithe, the other is complaining that his name is Pastor and not 'pastor'. What's wrong with these people? i'd advice Ihedinobi and mko2005 not to EXERT too much time or energy on this issue, the folks you're addressing are not interested in what you say.
foreknowledge

God help us all.
tithe is a very big scam lets stop decieving ppl, if Jesus did not collect tithe no christian should collect we're suposed to learn from Jesus. God bless.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by peteregwu(m): 9:38pm On May 08, 2013
"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; [2] Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; [3] Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. [6] If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained." 1 Timothy 4:1-3, 6 KJV.

When Satan has undermined faith in the bible, he direct men to other sources for light(unbelievers) and power. Thus he insinuates himself. Those who turn from the plain teaching of the scripture and the convincing power of the God's Holy Spirit are inviting the control of demons. Criticism and speculation concerning the scriptures have open way for spiritism and those modernised forms of ancient heathens - to gain a foothold even in the professed churches our Lord Jesus Christ.

the reason u dont pay tithe is because u dont believe the word of God (bible), which also makes u an unbeliever.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by christemmbassey(m): 12:20am On May 09, 2013
peteregwu:

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; [2] Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; [3] Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. [6] If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained." 1 Timothy 4:1-3, 6 KJV.

When Satan has undermined faith in the bible, he direct men to other sources for light(unbelievers) and power. Thus he insinuates himself. Those who turn from the plain teaching of the scripture and the convincing power of the God's Holy Spirit are inviting the control of demons. Criticism and speculation concerning the scriptures have open way for spiritism and those modernised forms of ancient heathens - to gain a foothold even in the professed churches our Lord Jesus Christ.

the reason u dont pay tithe is because u dont believe the word of God (bible), which also makes u an unbeliever.
ithe truth is bitter, tithe was abolished there is nothing anyone can do about that, if you de collect tithe take my advice and learn a trade b4 its too late.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Nobody: 12:30am On May 09, 2013
Zikkyy:

Ihedinobi na wa for o! you don turn Jesus to tithe collector because you want to justify your tithing scheme angry

I'm sure you saw Goshen's post which I was responding to.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Pastor Sam Adeyemi Takes His Wife Out, Enjoys Jet Ski Ride With Her / T.B Joshua "Predicted Crash Of Russian Plane"(watch Video) / Frank Edwards And Don Moen In The Studio - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.