Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief (39930 Views)

Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala / Pastor Who Goes About Preaching Unclad / What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by debosky(m): 9:50pm On May 15, 2013
Zikkyy:

It will amount to bringing people back under the law if you teach tithe based on Leviticus, Numbers and Malachi.

Well they don't do they? Leviticus, Numbers and Malachi describe tithes of agricultural produce to a Levitical Priesthood, they teach tithe of money on a monthly basis to Pastors.

If they said you must take your agricultural produce to Jerusalem then I would agree you are being brought back under the law. Frankly I would like to hear someone teach that. grin
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by nep2ra(m): 12:01am On May 16, 2013
christemmbassey: i am very sure that our bros is either genuinely ignorant sheep or one of the scammers. 1million likes. God bless u plenty.

God bless you too, O Man of Honor!!!
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by nep2ra(m): 12:06am On May 16, 2013
Bidam: ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth 2tim 3:7 having factual knowledge of the bible is never truth am sorry my bro..your post above lacks truth.

If you are a pastor or a Sunday School teacher, then I pity those listening to you.

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies." John 8:44 NIV

2 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Nobody: 5:27am On May 16, 2013
nep2ra:

If you are a pastor or a Sunday School teacher, then I pity those listening to you.

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies." John 8:44 NIV
God bless you for all your insults..the same way people like you insulted Christ and Paul the apostle..stay blessed bro. grin grin grin

Mat 5:11 Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of evil against you [falsely] because of me
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by christemmbassey(m): 7:41am On May 16, 2013
Bidam: God bless you for all your insults..the same way people like you insulted Christ and Paul the apostle..stay blessed bro. grin grin grin

Mat 5:11 Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of evil against you [falsely] because of me
nobody is abusing u, d bros just quoted d bible. ARE U GUILTY?

4 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by nep2ra(m): 9:00am On May 16, 2013
Bidam: God bless you for all your insults..the same way people like you insulted Christ and Paul the apostle..stay blessed bro. grin grin grin

It smacks of mischief to portray yourself as a persecuted martyr. People like me and other honorable gentlemen on this forum expose the falsehood, greed and money lust that is associated with many tithe practicing churches. Jesus the Christ stood for Truth, Peace, Social Justice and so many other virtues. Paul preached the Gospel without demanding filthy lucre. Be careful how you associate yourself with these men of integrity lest you be asked by unforgiving evil powers that soul searching question:

"...Jesus I know, and Paul I know about, but who are you?" Acts 19:15 NIV

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by christemmbassey(m): 9:23am On May 16, 2013
[quote author=nep2ra]

It smacks of mischief to portray yourself as a persecuted martyr. People like me and other honorable gentlemen on this forum expose the falsehood, greed and money lust that is associated with many tithe practicing churches. Jesus the Christ stood for Truth, Peace, Social Justice and so many other virtues. Paul preached the Gospel without demanding filthy lucre. Be careful how you associate yourself with these men of integrity lest you be asked by unforgiving evil powers that soul searching question:

[/quote tithe collector! (for Jesus)?

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by christemmbassey(m): 9:27am On May 16, 2013
nep2ra:

tithe collector! (for Jesus)?

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by nep2ra(m): 9:41am On May 16, 2013
christemmbassey: tithe collector! (for Jesus)?

Certainly NOT for Jesus. It's for their god, Mammon.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by christemmbassey(m): 3:15pm On May 16, 2013
nep2ra:

Certainly NOT for Jesus. It's for their god, Mammon.
they know that the easiest way to scam in nig is to name-drop, that is why some one said here that they have to collect tithe so that they can give the tithe of tithe to Jesus our highpriest, when asked how he normally deliver Jesus share to him in heaven, he said, he gives Jesus share to the poor. Imagine the thief and sense.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by nep2ra(m): 4:39pm On May 16, 2013
christemmbassey: they know that the easiest way to scam in nig is to name-drop, that is why some one said here that they have to collect tithe so that they can give the tithe of tithe to Jesus our highpriest, when asked how he normally deliver Jesus share to him in heaven, he said, he gives Jesus share to the poor. Imagine the thief and sense.

grin grin grin grin grin

*falls from maggi cube. rolls on the floor laughing*

When I thought I heard it all!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 16, 2013
christemmbassey: nobody is abusing u, d bros just quoted d bible. ARE U GUILTY?
On the contrary..try an do a research on this guy..his post is always full of abusive, vulgar unedifying words that don't add value..ave stop replying him anywayz cos he might be an unbeliever for all i care..you pple have a penchant for supporting those who agree with your views so am not surprised.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by nep2ra(m): 7:53pm On May 16, 2013
Bidam: On the contrary..try an do a research on this guy..his post is always full of abusive, vulgar unedifying words that don't add value..ave stop replying him anywayz cos he might be an unbeliever for all i care..you pple have a penchant for supporting those who agree with your views so am not surprised.

I agree with you that I have given full vent to my temper when provoked. Equally true is the fact that I have used expletives when I got so passionate and angry about a particular topic or when replying to some obnoxious bonehead. I am NOT a saint and I don't pretend to be one. I have studied the Bible and still study it from time to time to respond to rogues and frauds like you who parade about looking for who to deceive.

You have no right to sit on your high horse and talk about edification. You are a fraud of the highest order. Your lies even if covered with honey are not to enough to hide your true hypocritical nature.

If you think you can come on here to peddle your falsehood, you better have a rethink.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by EatmyShorts: 7:56pm On May 16, 2013
If you like attend my Church and don't pay Tithe. By the time my boys deal with you, you will know the meaning of divine intervention. Do you think things are free?!

That said.

I am Pastor MarcAnthony and Jesus loves you.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by nep2ra(m): 8:01pm On May 16, 2013
EatmyShorts: If you like attend my Church and don't pay Tithe. By the time my boys deal with you, you will know the meaning of divine intervention. Do you think things are free?!

That said.

I am Pastor MarcAnthony and Jesus loves you.

Your sense of humor is appreciated. Good one mate!
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by PastorKun(m): 8:05pm On May 16, 2013
nep2ra:

Your sense of humor is appreciated. Good one mate!

But it would have been better if he didn't ridicule the name of Jesus in his 'humour'.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by nep2ra(m): 8:16pm On May 16, 2013
Pastor Kun:

But it would have been better if he didn't ridicule the name of Jesus in his 'humour'.

My comment was laced with sarcasm.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by truthislight: 8:50pm On May 16, 2013
nep2ra:

I agree with you that I have given full vent to my temper when provoked. Equally true is the fact that I have used expletives when I got so passionate and angry about a particular topic or when replying to some obnoxious bonehead. I am NOT a saint and I don't pretend to be one. I have studied the Bible and still study it from time to time to respond to rogues and frauds like you who parade about looking for who to deceive.

You have no right to sit on your high horse and talk about edification. You are a fraud of the highest order. Your lies even if covered with honey are not to enough to hide your true hypocritical nature.

If you think you can come on here to peddle your falsehood, you better have a rethink.

I agree with you.

Anyone that is using the bible for a reason other than preaching about the gospel of christ is a fraud and a thief.

cool sad

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by christemmbassey(m): 9:01pm On May 16, 2013
Bidam: On the contrary..try an do a research on this guy..his post is always full of abusive, vulgar unedifying words that don't add value..ave stop replying him anywayz cos he might be an unbeliever for all i care..you pple have a penchant for supporting those who agree with your views so am not surprised.
@Bdam u know u are my broda and the only problem with u is that ure gumed, super glued, infact welded to TITHE, and why some of us are annoyed with u is that, from observed facts u really know the truth about the abolition of tithe but u still insist on this scam, am sure our broda loves u, he is just frustrated at ur stiffneckedness, ive told u b4, tithe is dead body, and only fly wey no de hia de follow dead body enter grave. I love u broda. The lord bless and keep you.

5 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by luluosas(m): 12:48pm On Jun 15, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

dont scare me with heaven or hell. Im not one of those poor illiterates who got deceived by those colonials. im educated enough to know that it doesn exist.
why should i give my life to jesus what will i gain? how much money will you give me? first pay and then we will see. .
there is no such thiing as demons. stop reading fairytale stories. wtf is a fallen angel? it fel from a chair?

What sins?! WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM MAN?! I HAVE NOT SINNED! MAYBE YOU SINNED! JUST BECAUSE YOU DID, DONT BLAME ON ME YOU UGLY MONSTER!

I dont want salivation! i drink enough water. thank you.
My friend, it has been a long time I since replied to you. I am sorry for keeping late.
Now, I am not in anyway trying to scare you with the bliss of heaven or the horrors of hell fire, but, to as a friend tell you that, whether you believe it or not, both places exists.
God never made hell for man. So, don't go there please because, you surely regret it. Jesus is the only escape route from hell fire. Accept him today and you shall be free. Thank you.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by DrummaBoy(m): 2:22pm On Jun 15, 2013
Luluosas

Have U realized that most Atheist remain so and even hardened bc we Christians have refused to live up to the standard of the gospel? We preach one thing, and do another? How many people have U seen saved and remained so bc they heard a message about hell? Fear breeds torment: that is what the bible teaches. It is God's love expressed in the gospel and shown in the lives of Jesus followers that win true converts.

You and Olaadegbu come here with tales unending about hell, is that the gospel? Gospel is good news. Is hell good news?

And by the way the tales of hell have been debunked by people have NDE's: Near Death Experiences. If U doubt those experiences, others have a right to doubt your own tales.

Hell was made for Satan and his cohorts. Christ has died for men's sins. If atheists reject this message the solution is not to trust them out to themselves but to look for more creative ways to pass the message in love and not all these hell mongering

Just my little bit...

3 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by luluosas(m): 4:55pm On Jun 15, 2013
DrummaBoy: Luluosas

Have U realized that most Atheist remain so and even hardened bc we Christians have refused to live up to the standard of the gospel? We preach one thing, and do another? How many people have U seen saved and remained so bc they heard a message about hell? Fear breeds torment: that is what the bible teaches. It is God's love expressed in the gospel and shown in the lives of Jesus followers that win true converts.

You and Olaadegbu come here with tales unending about hell, is that the gospel? Gospel is good news. Is hell good news?

And by the way the tales of hell have been debunked by people have NDE's: Near Death Experiences. If U doubt those experiences, others have a right to doubt your own tales.

Hell was made for Satan and his cohorts. Christ has died for men's sins. If atheists reject this message the solution is not to trust them out to themselves but to look for more creative ways to pass the message in love and not all these hell mongering

Just my little bit...
My dear, you are certainly wrong. For the fact Jesus Christ have died for the sins of the world does not give or offer express forgiveness for everyone but, only to those who ask for it. Now, why do I need to pamper you with message of love and will refuse to speak about hell because it is a horrible place? By the way, is it not the message of God is love that have turned the so called Christians of today into crazy and immoral souls?
Have you not read that God is a consuming fire? Please, if you are afraid to preach or talk about hell because of whatever you may think, that is non of my business but, one thing is SURE. The soul that sinneth, it must die, says the LORD Ezekiel 18:4;20. Thank you.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by ACITYOFTRUTH: 7:03am On Jun 16, 2013
Let it be known dat d earth abides by d ordinances of God which is seed time and harvest time gen8:22.Tithe is a statute of God 4 blessing. commandment &law are never cancelled truth of God pass 4 these ps119;142/151 Christ has made 2 in one, read d Bible ur reasonable sacrifice is d 1st fruit of ur increase or strength pro3:9
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by eliadex: 11:05pm On Jul 03, 2013
the best way to make people read your article is to start by a loud renunciation of people people and well known truth, with your own philosophy. anybody can have followers if he can get his voice out to people to hear. Many people are already tired about paying tithes and offering due to the level of poverty in the country and the fact that some pastors live extravagant life style while their church is sinking deep into penury(Like John Alexander Dowie). so if a man now gets his voice out denouncing tithe, millions will surely follow him.
but I think people should read their bible and seek God for leading, not popular names or well written articles.
Remember that the Devil also knew the word of God. He attacked Jesus with it, bending the verses to suit his case. Jesus defeated him with UNDERSTANDING! understanding the Bible !!!!!
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by DrummaBoy(m): 6:47pm On Jul 04, 2013
^Tithing is an antithesis to grace.

Simple and short.

Tithe was instituted to sustain the levithical priesthood. Since Jesus came, and grace and truth came with him, there was a need for the law to change(remember the law was given through Moses). With the change of law and priesthood, came a change of means of sustaining it. Free will offering is the means to sustain the gospel of grace.

People are not tired of tithing, they are tired of challatans.

The Mosaic law promised blessing for those who kept it; the gospel of grace pronounces blessing on those who accept it.

So there is absolutely no reason to tithe for blessing. We are blessed!

These are the differences.

I believe that Jesus allowed the tithe for a time; but in the fullness of time, there is need for it to stop.

And no other time than now when Christians do not have a testimony anymore bc our devotion is compromised with money.

So I agree with Abisala any Pastor that collects tithe is a thief and a robber!

2 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Topgainer: 9:15am On Jan 23, 2016
There are no laws to giving as far as Christianity is concerned. All givings under the new covenant are termed offerings, given with cheerful heart and praise to God. There were no mention of any fixed charges by the Apostles, some gave nothing, some gave all depending on the needs of the Church(Individuals) who shared all things in common such that you don't come in among them and begin to notice the rich ones separated from the poor

There was nothing like seeds with the mindset of bribing God as is being taught these days. There were no compulsion, Ananias and Sapphira could as well not give at all and nobody will query them.

You are at liberty to decide what to give at any moment and to whom. Every honest offering/ giving whether 1% 5%10%15%20%100% has a clause of blessing attached to it not because a Bishop said so but because Jesus taught that.
Also there is no law that says the person who gave 100% will be more blessed than the person who gave 5% at the Church, God watches the heart and knows all the circumstances surrounding the giving, including giving outside the church buildings

And so don't be deceived and manipulated by man made gods

There is no need calling anybody a thief, with time some of these Pastors who are honest, with diligent study of the bible will see that 10% was not an 11th commandment neither from Jesus nor the Apostles to the Christians

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology / Is Glo Blackberry Subscription On Android Sin Before God. Pls Read This. / Apostle Suleman Reacts To Shoprite's Looting In Nigeria Over Xenophobia In SA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.