Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,174 members, 7,821,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake (21174 Views)

Photos: Killing Of Twins In Fct (Gwagwaladagist.com) / Monarch, Emmanuel Onyeike-Efeizomor, Sleeps With Snake For 5 Days / Killers Of Python In Calabar: Handling Snake Is Our Culture; no charms or juju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by udemzyudex(m): 9:22pm On May 07, 2013
LOL.....NIGERIA WILL NEVER BE A GOOD PLACE IF WE DON'T CHANGE OUR MINDSET..

SUPERSTITION IS PART OF THE NEGATIVE MINDSET WE MUST CHANGE TO MK NIGERIA A BETTER PLACE...
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by ak47mann(m): 9:30pm On May 07, 2013
This is sacrilegious that pastor should better go and arrange funeral service including way keeping before (ala egbue ya tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Hearme(m): 9:35pm On May 07, 2013
Valto: the pastor knows the customs and traditional of where he reside, yet he went ahead and kill a python in idemili soil...he should face the music.. shikena!!

See what your Brain is telling you. After you will be joining people to abuse GEJ.
I cant just imagine you prefer a snake to your child. Probably you are waiting till you are 40
before you marry and thats why you dont know the value of children.

2 Likes

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:37pm On May 07, 2013
udemzy_udex:
LOL.....NIGERIA WILL NEVER BE A GOOD PLACE IF WE DON'T CHANGE OUR MINDSET..

SUPERSTITION IS PART OF THE NEGATIVE MINDSET WE MUST CHANGE TO MK NIGERIA A BETTER PLACE...

YES I AGREE! SUPERSTITIONS LIKE A JEWISH MAN TURNING WATER INTO WINE, AN OLD MAN IN A WOODEN BOAT WITH ALL THE ANIMALS IN THE WORLD, A GOD WHO ONLE FAVOURS JEWS OVER EVERYONE, A TALKING SNAKE , etc. .

we should get rid of all these superstitons!
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Hearme(m): 9:42pm On May 07, 2013
I dont think any right thinking nairalander should argue with SE people again
on this forum. It just tells us the kind of people that have been posting messages.

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:49pm On May 07, 2013
Hearme: I dont think any right thinking nairalander should argue with SE people again
on this forum. It just tells us the kind of people that have been posting messages.

Im a Northerner and I support my SOuth Eastern Brothers and Sisters. .. ......and snakes. .
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Enoquin(f): 9:59pm On May 07, 2013
o'boy:
simple,idemili is in anambra state and not in Akwa ibom or cross river and we dont kill it because we are not akwa ibom or cross riverians,i hope that answers your Question
ignorance should not be an excuse for breaking our traditions nwanne,your people are really gentle o,if it were in Obosi,they will force him to buy casket for the burial

No, you didn't answer my question. Your answer is verrrrrryyyyyyy farrrrrr from the question asked.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by BinghiNya(m): 10:02pm On May 07, 2013
If it were muslims that killed this snake, silly christian illiterates would have flooded this thread bashing islam. Intolerant christians
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by jayriginal: 10:19pm On May 07, 2013
I have a personal experience of this kind of matter. I served in Anambra State so I am familiar with the consequences of killing an Eke. After the school I lived in was a thick bush and then a dibias home.

Now, right from camp, we were warned not to kill snakes. We were told that if we suddenly come into our rooms and see a snake on our beds or pillows, we were to carry it by hand and throw it into the bush. If we were afraid, we were to call an indigene who would remove it for us. If we were brave enough, we could sleep with it still on our pillow.

We were assured that the snake was harmless and would not attack. We were told that if we killed the snake, we would have to bury it like a titled man. It was taboo to kill eke.

All the while, goose pimples were sprouting from the girls and cries of "blood of Jesus" rent the air. We were even told of notorious communities were we had to be extra careful in case we were posted there. For the avoidance of doubt, Eke is the royal python.

Some months into my service, on our way to the tap, one of the lady corpers spotted a snake which quickly squeezed itself into a locked garage. Peeping through the cracks, we saw this thick snake chilling. We began to speculate because when we heard python, we expected something really big. I remember as a child my grand mother would tell me how pythons use palm trees to measure length. This wasnt as long as a palm tree but it was no ordinary snake. It was long and fat. Thick!
We couldnt get at it so we let it be while we wondered how long it had been living with us and what it had been eating. Then we saw the school gardener and brought him to the garage. As we told him about the snake, the first thing he asked was "na Eke?". We said we didnt know because we had only heard but we had never seen one. He looked into the garage but by then the snake had hidden itself. Then Mazi (that was what we called him) said very clearly "if na Eke, kill am and cook am. If una no go chop give me, I go chop". We asked him if it wasnt taboo to kill Eke, but he shrugged it off.

Later my friend and I went outside the compound to buy some stuff and we asked the man selling stuff if Eke could be killed as we were told otherwise in camp. He said that it was old tradition and it doesnt hold anymore. He said people kill and eat Eke (though he didnt volunteer to eat it if we killed it).

Its important to note that these were all indigenes resident in the area.

My friend and I went back to the school fortified in the knowledge that if we see the Eke, we could kill it. We didnt see it that day, or the next, or the next . . .

Sometime later (weeks after), at about 9pm, the remaining female corper in our lodge (the other had passed out) came running "Gudugudu, Barri Wonder, something is making noise near my room". We went to check it out (we had no electricity) and our torch showed a snake struggling under a barrier. Its a bit hard to describe. I will just say that the snake tried to crawl underneath a fence like thing and got stuck. Its head and neck went through but the body couldnt pass. It could neither go forward nor retreat so it was thrashing about and making a racket.

Quickly we ran to our secretarys house to borrow cutlasses. As soon as she heard "snake" she was so frightened. She gave us the tools and locked up after us. We went to the snake and hacked it until it stopped thrashing. For good measure, I doused it with kerosene but didnt set fire since most of its body was out of our reach. By climbing over the wall, we could see the other part of its body but we couldnt reach it.

In short, we dealt mortal blows on the reptile. There was blood everywhere and we left it for dead.

In the morning, we went to the spot and there was no snake. Just blood. So we climbed over the wall and looked and there the snake was. The snake we left for dead astonishingly wasnt dead when we thought it was. By morning it was dead though. What happened was that the snakes head was flattened by the blows we dealt it and so in its throes, it was able to retreat finally. Imagine our shock when we looked in the daylight and found out that it was the very same snake we had seen some weeks earlier.
Without being told, we knew it was Eke!

We went to return out tools to the secretary. She asked if we killed the snake and we said yes. Only then for the first time did she ask if it was Eke. We looked at ourselves and said "no". Then she became boastful. This same woman who almost ran up the wall into her ceiling the previous night told us that if it was Eke, we ought to have called her and she would drive it away. Then she started telling us how Eke used to eat her eggs and she kept warning it. It got to the point that one day, she flogged it with a cane and told it that if it came to eat her eggs next time, she would kill it. According to her, Eke never bothered her again.

After her lengthy narrative, she took Kolanuts and threw them around our lodge and asked us to remove some wood and zinc as these were hiding places for snakes.
When school started that same morning, we went and reported ourselves to the acting Principal.

The man was befuddled. He asked "did you kerosene it" and we said yes. He was downcast. He started thinking aloud. He said "what was Eke looking for in the lodge? Is Eke not supposed to know that you are strangers. Eke dont suppose to come here". Then he said he wished he could have been there so he would remove it with his hands and throw outside the compound adding that a five year old child could have carried the Eke away. Then he tapped his head (like papa Ajasco) and muttered to himself. He was in a severe dilemma. He wanted to retrieve the body of the snake but he feared sending a student to do it lest that student be seen by other students and then the gist gets to the community and then his corpers are in hot soup. Then it seems he fancied his chances of defending us against the community because he kept telling himself that he was a first class citizen of the community.

He also told us of a nearby community, some church school or something, how Eke was found in the girls bathroom. He told us that Eke would never attack a stranger or an indigene but that if Eke sees and Abakaliki man, Eke will attack him. The reason he said was because Abakaliki men kill and eat Eke.
We then told him that Mazi and the man that sells things outside the school told us to kill the Eke that the tradition no longer held. He was disgusted and said that they said that because they were christians. Then, he told us that if Eke is crossing the road, cars stop to let it pass.

In the end, he asked us to keep the matter quiet. The snake was left there in the enclosure next to ours and because of the size of the snake, its decomposition kept the air in the lodge foul for the better part of two weeks.

I have not embellished neither have I exaggerated.

My take is that there is nothing special about the Eke. Nobody knew we killed Eke except the principal to whom we reported ourselves. The reason Eke is "harmless" is because nobody attacks it. If you raise a chicken from a chick, if no one attacks it, it will not fear humans. Ive seen chickens like that. They walk up to you and are not moved if you shoo them. No one attacks Eke in the community so it has no need to defend itself.
I dont believe that Abakaliki crap as a snake has no means of knowing who is from where.

Now if the Pastor was an indigene of the place, he could have been more discreet, but he probably taunted the indigenes with the death of the snake. It kind of reminds someone of Benson Idahosa destroying idols in Benin City.
He did what he did because of his religion. Its not everyone that reacts kindly to snakes so I can understand his killing it, particularly as the bible talks about crushing snakes with the heel of the foot. He shouldnt however have waved his "sacrilege in their faces" as I feel he must have done.

7 Likes

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by pankere(m): 10:32pm On May 07, 2013
hbrednic: i wonder if they've got animal rights group in Nigeria,
that pastor is supposed to be in jail.
The rights of nigerian human beings are being violated constantly and this one is talking about animal rights hehehehe grin grin
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by farem: 10:55pm On May 07, 2013
ifyalways: Over zealous religious fanatics.I hope they roast his arse. angry
How would he and his fold react if his bible is pissed on?
Did Jesus convert anyone by shitting on his/her sacred stuff?v
[color=#990000]
HMM.WHEN YOU SEE A BIG SNAKE MOVING TOWARDS YOUR LOVING CHILDREN IN YOUR OWN APARTMENT, PLEASE LEAVE IT IN ORDER NOT TO SHIT ON SACRED STUFF! Do you think everyone is snake-oriented?
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Tabawababy(f): 11:06pm On May 07, 2013
gbosaa:

Me too...my grandfather actually brought one huge eke idemili to tie round my waist when i was four..guess what..the snake saw the royal anaconda b/w my legs and ran for its life..it must have recalled the incident at pharoah palace with moses staff..

Pls if you are still bedwetting,hola at me..i,ll tie mine around your waist or plug the bedwetting orifice with my idemili...your grandmum will be proud of me..
May Allah safe you daniska kawai.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by babymama3: 12:12am On May 08, 2013
jayriginal: I have a personal experience of this kind of matter. I served in Anambra State so I am familiar with the consequences of killing an Eke. After the school I lived in was a thick bush and then a dibias home.

Now, right from camp, we were warned not to kill snakes. We were told that if we suddenly come into our rooms and see a snake on our beds or pillows, we were to carry it by hand and throw it into the bush. If we were afraid, we were to call an indigene who would remove it for us. If we were brave enough, we could sleep with it still on our pillow.

We were assured that the snake was harmless and would not attack. We were told that if we killed the snake, we would have to bury it like a titled man. It was taboo to kill eke.

All the while, goose pimples were sprouting from the girls and cries of "blood of Jesus" rent the air. We were even told of notorious communities were we had to be extra careful in case we were posted there. For the avoidance of doubt, Eke is the royal python.

Some months into my service, on our way to the tap, one of the lady corpers spotted a snake which quickly squeezed itself into a locked garage. Peeping through the cracks, we saw this thick snake chilling. We began to speculate because when we heard python, we expected something really big. I remember as a child my grand mother would tell me how pythons use palm trees to measure length. This wasnt as long as a palm tree but it was no ordinary snake. It was long and fat. Thick!
We couldnt get at it so we let it be while we wondered how long it had been living with us and what it had been eating. Then we saw the school gardener and brought him to the garage. As we told him about the snake, the first thing he asked was "na Eke?". We said we didnt know because we had only heard but we had never seen one. He looked into the garage but by then the snake had hidden itself. Then Mazi (that was what we called him) said very clearly "if na Eke, kill am and cook am. If una no go chop give me, I go chop". We asked him if it wasnt taboo to kill Eke, but he shrugged it off.

Later my friend and I went outside the compound to buy some stuff and we asked the man selling stuff if Eke could be killed as we were told otherwise in camp. He said that it was old tradition and it doesnt hold anymore. He said people kill and eat Eke (though he didnt volunteer to eat it if we killed it).

Its important to note that these were all indigenes resident in the area.

My friend and I went back to the school fortified in the knowledge that if we see the Eke, we could kill it. We didnt see it that day, or the next, or the next . . .

Sometime later (weeks after), at about 9pm, the remaining female corper in our lodge (the other had passed out) came running "Gudugudu, Barri Wonder, something is making noise near my room". We went to check it out (we had no electricity) and our torch showed a snake struggling under a barrier. Its a bit hard to describe. I will just say that the snake tried to crawl underneath a fence like thing and got stuck. Its head and neck went through but the body couldnt pass. It could neither go forward nor retreat so it was thrashing about and making a racket.

Quickly we ran to our secretarys house to borrow cutlasses. As soon as she heard "snake" she was so frightened. She gave us the tools and locked up after us. We went to the snake and hacked it until it stopped thrashing. For good measure, I doused it with kerosene but didnt set fire since most of its body was out of our reach. By climbing over the wall, we could see the other part of its body but we couldnt reach it.

In short, we dealt mortal blows on the reptile. There was blood everywhere and we left it for dead.

In the morning, we went to the spot and there was no snake. Just blood. So we climbed over the wall and looked and there the snake was. The snake we left for dead astonishingly wasnt dead when we thought it was. By morning it was dead though. What happened was that the snakes head was flattened by the blows we dealt it and so in its throes, it was able to retreat finally. Imagine our shock when we looked in the daylight and found out that it was the very same snake we had seen some weeks earlier.
Without being told, we knew it was Eke!

We went to return out tools to the secretary. She asked if we killed the snake and we said yes. Only then for the first time did she ask if it was Eke. We looked at ourselves and said "no". Then she became boastful. This same woman who almost ran up the wall into her ceiling the previous night told us that if it was Eke, we ought to have called her and she would drive it away. Then she started telling us how Eke used to eat her eggs and she kept warning it. It got to the point that one day, she flogged it with a cane and told it that if it came to eat her eggs next time, she would kill it. According to her, Eke never bothered her again.

After her lengthy narrative, she took Kolanuts and threw them around our lodge and asked us to remove some wood and zinc as these were hiding places for snakes.
When school started that same morning, we went and reported ourselves to the acting Principal.

The man was befuddled. He asked "did you kerosene it" and we said yes. He was downcast. He started thinking aloud. He said "what was Eke looking for in the lodge? Is Eke not supposed to know that you are strangers. Eke dont suppose to come here". Then he said he wished he could have been there so he would remove it with his hands and throw outside the compound adding that a five year old child could have carried the Eke away. Then he tapped his head (like papa Ajasco) and muttered to himself. He was in a severe dilemma. He wanted to retrieve the body of the snake but he feared sending a student to do it lest that student be seen by other students and then the gist gets to the community and then his corpers are in hot soup. Then it seems he fancied his chances of defending us against the community because he kept telling himself that he was a first class citizen of the community.

He also told us of a nearby community, some church school or something, how Eke was found in the girls bathroom. He told us that Eke would never attack a stranger or an indigene but that if Eke sees and Abakaliki man, Eke will attack him. The reason he said was because Abakaliki men kill and eat Eke.
We then told him that Mazi and the man that sells things outside the school told us to kill the Eke that the tradition no longer held. He was disgusted and said that they said that because they were christians. Then, he told us that if Eke is crossing the road, cars stop to let it pass.

In the end, he asked us to keep the matter quiet. The snake was left there in the enclosure next to ours and because of the size of the snake, its decomposition kept the air in the lodge foul for the better part of two weeks.

I have not embellished neither have I exaggerated.

My take is that there is nothing special about the Eke. Nobody knew we killed Eke except the principal to whom we reported ourselves. The reason Eke is "harmless" is because nobody attacks it. If you raise a chicken from a chick, if no one attacks it, it will not fear humans. Ive seen chickens like that. They walk up to you and are not moved if you shoo them. No one attacks Eke in the community so it has no need to defend itself.
I dont believe that Abakaliki crap as a snake has no means of knowing who is from where.

Now if the Pastor was an indigene of the place, he could have been more discreet, but he probably taunted the indigenes with the death of the snake. It kind of reminds someone of Benson Idahosa destroying idols in Benin City.
He did what he did because of his religion. Its not everyone that reacts kindly to snakes so I can understand his killing it, particularly as the bible talks about crushing snakes with the heel of the foot. He shouldnt however have waved his "sacrilege in their faces" as I feel he must have done.

Nice story and I agree with your conclusions
The pastor should have quietly buried the snake

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by legendprac(m): 12:26am On May 08, 2013
baby_mama:

Nice story and I agree with your conclusions
The pastor should have quietly buried the snake

I agree with u.... Meanwhile, am disappointed wit d so called christians on NL defending dis stupid tradition.....

I am from Umuoji community, in fact I K№ω when this thing happened cuz it was reported to someone I K№ω to help fight for the MOG.

That tradition is stupid, I will kill any eke that comes into my house(have already killed a handful dat ventured into my compound,abi I for leave am invite am to dinner?)..... They say it doesn't bite, but I don't want to wait around to find out and even if it doesn't, I kill tins like cockroach because it creeps me out and here we r talking abt a python.....

Do u guys expect a man to watch a python near his kids without doing anytin?
D only mistake d man did was not being discreet abt it, knowing that he isn't an indigene of Umuoji...but that isn't the reason why my town ppl should be acting like we r in the stone age...

And ℓ☺ℓ to 'if he doesn't appease the gods, sth will happen to his family'..... If na true, d gods for don finish me since.ℓ☺ℓ .. Let the umudibias of umuoji let their god fight for itself....

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Mospring(m): 12:32am On May 08, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: I think Killing of the snake was to save his children. But here's a community that forbids snake killing under any circumstance. I rest my case.
A good Christian ll not react violently. If anyone like, he/she may take the Bible & use it to wrap akara, no man must bring out a dagger. Get that!
its a challenge to the Pastor!:.. God help him to survive dz.!!
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by nenergy(m): 2:32am On May 08, 2013
jayriginal: The reason Eke is "harmless" is because nobody attacks it. No one attacks Eke in the community so it has no need to defend itself.
jayriginal: I dont believe that Abakaliki crap as a snake has no means of knowing who is from where.
Pure Logic..tested and proven. God bless you for this long narrative.

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by sarutobie(m): 2:47am On May 08, 2013
Those who claim it is not harmful and that they usually 'chase' it with a' stick'..why? If I may ask..why not simply pick it up with your hands and remove it from your compounds..since it is harmless..lol..funny peeps I can bet you must of them claiming it isn't dangerouse don't fully believe it anyway hence the use of sticks..and for your info,pythons DO bite..though they don't have venom glands...and they are constrictors (meaning they kill by strangling its victim)..and kids where around there for pete's sake!..

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by malabite3: 3:02am On May 08, 2013
See the way you A̶̲̥̅̊rε̲̣ exposing your ignorance on social media. Demons A̶̲̥̅̊rε̲̣ spirits likewise satan. Spirits don't die ♍Ɣ dear.

chrisxxx: I can only support the pastor's action on the assumption that he did not know that killing such snake was a taboo. And the proximity of the snake to his children was a health and safety threat. If that had been done deliberately he has gone contrary to his Bible's and The Bible's teachings.
Did he ever care to ask why Jesus instead of killing the legion of demons hearken to their pleas of being sent to invade the swine?
Did he ever ask why Jesus said Caesar should receive tax?
Did he ever try to know why there was Baal-Jesus even while Jesus was on earth?
Did he ever try to know why God has allowed Satan and his cohorts to exist till this period and still existing?
Let him answer the above questions amongst others.
Don't call me a pagan, I am a Christian just that I understand the Bible better even than some pastors.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by emyrald91(m): 3:58am On May 08, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
i hope they kill him. if he did such a thing in my neighbourhood, we would have roasted his on a spit. ugly b.astard what did the harmless poisonless snake do to him. why does he have to offend our religion? angry angry angry angry

Also how did the other villagers find out that he killed the snake Either the Gods informed the other villagers that an innocent animal was murdered, or the idi.ot of a pastor went around boasting to the entire village that he murdered the representative of the Serpent spirit, in order to instigate the Pagans of the village.

Idemilli pythons are FAMOUS to be harmless. that snake might have just come to play with the kids. little did the poor creature know that it is entering the house of a savage cruel madman, unlike the other kind neighbours who let it in.

Let us not forget that this savage man is an indigene of the area and that e knows these snakes are harmless to kids. Probably before he converted to man-worship, he too used to play with Eke snakes as a child. angry

I hope he faces the wrath of the forest spirits.

[size=16pt]HAS ANYONE WONDERED WHY IS IT THAT ONLY A "CHRISTIAN PASTOR" IS FOUND KILLING OF SNAKES?!!! BECAUSE HE JUST WANTS TO PROVOKE AND INSULT THE INDIGNES AND THEIR CULTURAL BELIEFS AND RELIGION, JUST LIKE HIS COLONIAL MASTERS![/size]

be good unto animals and they will be good unto you. .
can't believe some1 tot these out. D pastor didnt do wel by kilin d snake? Nw lets analyz dis: y didnt d snake as 'god' knw dt d hauz it entered belongs to a pastor? It it were not harmful, y were d kids shouting? Even if d pastor worshipd d snake, so wt? Dts d reason 4 conversion n repentance. 'i getam b4 no be property'. Y cant ur pple wait 4 ur snake god 2 aveng its death? Are u d 1 to protect ur god or shuld ur god protect u?
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by maureen44(f): 5:57am On May 08, 2013
You are a big fool. That man should be barnished from umuoji, mmiri manuru oku.

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Nobody: 6:24am On May 08, 2013
Tabawababy:
May Allah safe you daniska kawai.

What kind of safe are you talking about..

Who is Daniska Kawai..is that your real name?..

Btw...do you bedwet?..i think you might need my eke idemili in the future.

Hola at me when you get your VVF..you,ll need it around your waist to treat your leakages.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:28am On May 08, 2013
emyrald91:
can't believe some1 tot these out. D pastor didnt do wel by kilin d snake? Nw lets analyz dis: y didnt d snake as 'god' knw dt d hauz it entered belongs to a pastor? It it were not harmful, y were d kids shouting? Even if d pastor worshipd d snake, so wt? Dts d reason 4 conversion n repentance. 'i getam b4 no be property'. Y cant ur pple wait 4 ur snake god 2 aveng its death? Are u d 1 to protect ur god or shuld ur god protect u?

ofcourse he didnt do well! Imagine if you are a harmless snake and I bludgeon you to death just because of your looks! If this was Kenya or some european country, that man would be charged with cruelty to wildlife!

THe snake belongs to that land! The pastors house lies on the snakes land. it has every right to move where it pleases! The snake was here way before your pastor came here with his new found beliefs!

you dumba$$ what do you mean if the snake was not harmful? did they get bitten? The ywere shouting because as kids, they were obviously excited to see it.

and if your pastor can raise his hand on our Gods' symbol, then we Pagans have a right to defend our religious symbols and attack back because it is our duty to do so!
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by sushieater: 6:38am On May 08, 2013
legendprac:

I agree with u.... Meanwhile, am disappointed wit d so called christians on NL defending dis stupid tradition.....

I am from Umuoji community, in fact I K№ω when this thing happened cuz it was reported to someone I K№ω to help fight for the MOG.

That tradition is stupid, I will kill any eke that comes into my house(have already killed a handful dat ventured into my compound,abi I for leave am invite am to dinner?)..... They say it doesn't bite, but I don't want to wait around to find out and even if it doesn't, I kill tins like cockroach because it creeps me out and here we r talking abt a python.....

Do u guys expect a man to watch a python near his kids without doing anytin?
D only mistake d man did was not being discreet abt it, knowing that he isn't an indigene of Umuoji...but that isn't the reason why my town ppl should be acting like we r in the stone age...

And ℓ☺ℓ to 'if he doesn't appease the gods, sth will happen to his family'..... If na true, d gods for don finish me since.ℓ☺ℓ .. Let the umudibias of umuoji let there god fight for itself....

LOL.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Tabawababy(f): 7:29am On May 08, 2013
gbosaa:

What kind of safe are you talking about..

Who is Daniska Kawai..is that your real name?..

Btw...do you bedwet?..i think you might need my eke idemili in the future.

Hola at me when you get your VVF..you,ll need it around your waist to treat your leakages.
Isshhhhh
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by legendprac(m): 8:35am On May 08, 2013
maureen44:
You are a big fool. That man should be barnished from umuoji, mmiri manuru oku.

I guess u r from umuoji, I will say am disappointed in you. Vanish a man because he killed a python dat invaded his children's room? Like seriously?
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by legendprac(m): 8:40am On May 08, 2013
sushieater:
oji kwenu! Which villa man? ..i rep umuoli

Am frm Aguma village
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Abagworo(m): 8:55am On May 08, 2013
Snake, Monkey and Iguana reverence has always existed across the lower River Niger area long before the coming of Europeans. It is not restricted to any particular tribe or region and spreads all the way to Bayelsa and Abia States to the best of my knowledge. Our forefathers saw the need to preserve those animals and devised those means. Europeans have borrowed it and signed it into law as animal rights act for endangered species and there is nothing barbaric about it. The Pastor should apologize and perform the burial rights.

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by sushieater: 9:02am On May 08, 2013
legendprac:

Am frm Aguma village

Okay. I know some people from Umuoji
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Abagworo(m): 9:11am On May 08, 2013
http://www.sacred-texts.com/afr/vao/vao03.htm

This link will give an insight.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by BinghiNya(m): 9:25am On May 08, 2013
hypocrite xtians if a muslim did this bashers wont let him rest
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by pearlesther: 10:06am On May 08, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
i hope they kill him. if he did such a thing in my neighbourhood, we would have roasted his on a spit. ugly b.astard what did the harmless poisonless snake do to him. why does he have to offend our religion? angry angry angry angry

Also how did the other villagers find out that he killed the snake Either the Gods informed the other villagers that an innocent animal was murdered, or the idi.ot of a pastor went around boasting to the entire village that he murdered the representative of the Serpent spirit, in order to instigate the Pagans of the village.

Idemilli pythons are FAMOUS to be harmless. that snake might have just come to play with the kids. little did the poor creature know that it is entering the house of a savage cruel madman, unlike the other kind neighbours who let it in.

Let us not forget that this savage man is an indigene of the area and that e knows these snakes are harmless to kids. Probably before he converted to man-worship, he too used to play with Eke snakes as a child. angry

[size=16pt]HAS ANYONE WONDERED WHY IS IT THAT ONLY A "CHRISTIAN PASTOR" IS FOUND KILLING OF SNAKES?!!! BECAUSE HE JUST WANTS TO PROVOKE AND INSULT THE INDIGNES AND THEIR CULTURAL BELIEFS AND RELIGION, JUST LIKE HIS COLONIAL MASTERS![/size]

you are very crazy for all u ve just split out of ur dirty hole u call mouth is it an poisinous animal like snake w someone see and joke with I think u and ur igbo idiots are insane for worshipping an animal and it ur god,u w all routin in hell don't worry and dat same serpent u call ur god w not save u idiotsss
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Nobody: 10:07am On May 08, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

That is as far as you know. Those snakes are meant to cement the pacts their ancestors have made with the devil. It does not have the right to initiate the pastor's children given that he is not a snake worshipper but a Christian. It attempted to do so by stealing into their bedroom and for which it surely deserved to die. The snake infringed on the constitutionally guaranteed right of the pastor and his children to freedom of worship and association. By, the way it is advised that decent language be employed in joining issues with others even where you disagree with their point of view.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Hardest of the 3 Major Language to Learn / 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language / Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.