Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake (21176 Views)

Photos: Killing Of Twins In Fct (Gwagwaladagist.com) / Monarch, Emmanuel Onyeike-Efeizomor, Sleeps With Snake For 5 Days / Killers Of Python In Calabar: Handling Snake Is Our Culture; no charms or juju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Aarenaija: 3:32pm On May 07, 2013
Ayoakinkahunsi: Funny die
What is their gods doing in a christian house?
May God deliver the pastor and his family

Their God they pass im bandary. I no fit laugh ooo grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Dejijossy(m): 3:41pm On May 07, 2013
rafhell:

mr pagan, you speak like a stupid pagan

you don't need to fight for their god. Let their god fight for himself.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by cecegorz(m): 3:43pm On May 07, 2013
Hahahahahha!
Any god that cannot protect himself must die! (pun intended)
Africans and their primitive beliefs. The villagers should let the godamn dead god fight for itself or else perish forever.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Delejumi(m): 3:43pm On May 07, 2013
I just find out that, the way we have normal human being, in like manner we have ANIMAIC human being. It is because you are a man of violence, that is why you think christains will react if they did anything funny to them or their GOD. You are in Nigeria when they release a cartoon about Jesus Christ, don't forget the story that someone paid for a bible in order to destroy them.
Pastor, if you see another snake tonight , kill it. It is them and their family will be destroy. We have the power to thread upon snake, etc. Animals will support animal.

2 Likes

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by oboy3(m): 3:45pm On May 07, 2013
this is one of the many reasons i love catholic churches,they respect the traditions of where ever they find themselves but same cannot be said about penticostals
those of you supporting the killing i have nothing to tell you but please travel to any idemili town and kill python.na ya body go tell you
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by prologue: 3:46pm On May 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
^^^^^^^^^He doesnt need to be a serpentologist.. He is a native of that area and is aware of what kind of serpent is. and btw use your brain. how do you think the entire village found out that he killed a snake in his home

It is clear that he did it to instigate the Pagans of the area and to try to score a religious point. angry

Use my brain? Ok.
Did d report state dt he is a native?
Those the no biting largess extends to foreigners?
Has d snaky god been able to annouNce crooks n criminals in d community?
Saw a big snake in his bed... Did he cajole d snake into his bedroom?
Can't d snake god fight for himself?
Ok, his family will die. So? Why not wait to confirm dt instead of forcing him to appease a snake.
U have been running ur mouth anyhow on nl. Ur case would be settled on bended knees. I don't need to fight for my God. He said Vengeance is mine.

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by oboy3(m): 3:48pm On May 07, 2013
cecegorz: Hahahahahha!
Any god that cannot protect himself must die! (pun intended)
Africans and their primitive beliefs. The villagers should let the godamn dead god fight for itself or else perish forever.
am sure you are a lost jesus worshipping soul,your jesus that could'nt even save himself yet you all blindly worship him

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:57pm On May 07, 2013
livingstoneony: are you this stipid? shocked

not as stup.id as you.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Tabawababy(f): 3:58pm On May 07, 2013
Ayishhhhh... This igbo pupils of the Idemili dont now God. Stufit pupils.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:58pm On May 07, 2013
sushieater: boo hoo!, sad story.. nawa o! The only time i've seen my Town mentioned on nairaland, too bad that the news isn't a good one.
Pastor nawa for you o! When you could've easily screamed ''EKE NEKWA ONYE UKA!!'' since you're a pastor and the python would leave your house immediately..Well, expect invasion of pythons in your home sooner than the next minute, even anacondas too

Everybody that lives in Umuoji and all Idenmmili towns knows that killing of the Eke-Idenmili is an ABOMINATION!

This isn't the first time this has happenned; Some years back we some people from Nssuka who killed the Eke-Idenmili,cooked and ate it and this very act angered this very village,who beat them up,burnt their property and cleansed the land with virgin palm.

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:59pm On May 07, 2013
Dejijossy:

you don't need to fight for their god. Let their god fight for himself.

how can a SPiritual force fight. We the upholders of the faith, it is upto us to defend our Gods.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by creativemusic: 4:01pm On May 07, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by prologue: 4:19pm On May 07, 2013
o'boy:
am sure you are a lost jesus worshipping soul,your jesus that could'nt even save himself yet you all blindly worship him
But he rose again. Hallelujah. That is our confidence. Let the snake rise...
That is the only name that all names bow to. Have u seen any idemili person call on the snake in times of danger? Don't you see its a shortage to be community be eating people eggs n chicken? Its only usefulness is in reduction of household rats... Worshiping a snake is illuminating enough. That is so insightful. U worship a snake... A snake... A snake... Not even d one dt can feast on a small goat, but d one dt choke on a boiled egg. Why not worship a cat or dog, at least, it has braincells not to go n sleep on people's bed.

2 Likes

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by JOYJACOB: 4:23pm On May 07, 2013
ifyalways: Over zealous religious fanatics.I hope they roast his arse. angry
How would he and his fold react if his bible is pissed on?
Did Jesus convert anyone by shitting on his/her sacred stuff?v

and wat were u xpecting d pastor to av done having gone 2 his childeren's room and saw a snake? so he shul av kissed n carressed d snake or wat? ofcourse, on impulse, u wil wnt to chase or kil d sanke in order to avoid any harm or wat r u talking about undecided
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by vascey(m): 4:24pm On May 07, 2013
mallorca: Pastor don kill harmless Eke Idemili cry cry cry cry
Enternal rest grant unto you Eke Idemili and let pepertual light shine upon you cry cry cry

LMAO... Dude you are crazy.

Funny and sensitive thread.
I am a christian and also from Anambra.
Indeed we don't kill pythons.
It has been an age long tradition.
At the worst you take it out of your home with a stick.

On the other hand, it's easy to lose it when you see the snake with your kids.
I think the man's actions could be understandable assuming he's telling the truth.

A bill of 54k is also reasonable from the community.
In my place, you will carry out a proper funeral with all the funeral rights.
That will definitely trump 54k.
They should just settle the matter so that everyone will go their way.

Lessons-
1. Whatever you preach, respect the law of the land.
That a chicken or goat wanders into your compound or farm, and eats your yam, does not mean that you should kill it.
Neither should you burn a koran (or bible) just because you have no firewood to cook (even though you bought it with your money).

2. Eke (snake) this is the 21st century and people are not happy; you cannot be entering any home you want anymore. So you have to chill.

Next time I see Nnam Ochie, I will ask about the origin of this tradition.
Anyone who knows in the house should please enlighten me.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 07, 2013
vascey:

LMAO... Dude you are crazy.

Funny and sensitive thread.
I am a christian and also from Anambra.
Indeed we don't kill pythons.
It has been an age long tradition.
At the worst you take it out of your home with a stick.

On the other hand, it's easy to lose it when you see the snake with your kids.
I think the man's actions could be understandable assuming he's telling the truth.

A bill of 54k is also reasonable from the community.
In my place, you will carry out a proper funeral with all the funeral rights.
That will definitely trump 54k.
They should just settle the matter so that everyone will go their way.

Lessons-
1. Whatever you preach, respect the law of the land.
That a chicken or goat wanders into your compound or farm, and eats your yam, does not mean that you should kill it.
Neither should you burn a koran (or bible) just because you have no firewood to cook (even though you bought it with your money).

2. Eke (snake) this is the 21st century and people are not happy; you cannot be entering any home you want anymore. So you have to chill.

Next time I see Nnam Ochie, I will ask about the origin of this tradition.
Anyone who knows in the house should please enlighten me.
grin grin grin grin

I tire sef o, the eke needs to behave himself...haba!!

3 Likes

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by plezant(f): 4:27pm On May 07, 2013
Mr.Resource:

Nnobi precisely!.its a taboo to kill a Snake.I guess old things have passed away. embarassed

i m frm nnobi too. We dnt kill eke idemil

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:38pm On May 07, 2013
prologue:
But he rose again. Hallelujah. That is our confidence. Let the snake rise...
That is the only name that all names bow to. Have u seen any idemili person call on the snake in times of danger? Don't you see its a shortage to be community be eating people eggs n chicken? Its only usefulness is in reduction of household rats... Worshiping a snake is illuminating enough. That is so insightful. U worship a snake... A snake... A snake... Not even d one dt can feast on a small goat, but d one dt choke on a boiled egg. Why not worship a cat or dog, at least, it has braincells not to go n sleep on people's bed.

WHERE DID HE RISE? HAVE YOU SEEN HIM RISE ABI?!
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by prologue: 4:41pm On May 07, 2013
plezant:

Me too. In our place we don't kill eke dinosaurs n eke rainbow colored, gap toothed n beret flying soldier ants.

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Zet72(m): 4:42pm On May 07, 2013
ifyalways: Over zealous religious fanatics.I hope they roast his arse. angry
How would he and his fold react if his bible is pissed on?
Did Jesus convert anyone by shitting on his/her sacred stuff?v
u are a very big fool for opening ur dirty mouth to spur this trash

2 Likes

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by vascey(m): 4:42pm On May 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

HEY SHUT UP! WE ARE TRUE NIGERIANS! WE DONT BELIEVE IN YOUR DEAD ISRAELI FOREIGN GOD!

EVERYONE INCLUDING THAT PASTOR KNOWS THAT IDEMILLI PYTHONS [size=16pt]NEVER[/size] HARM KIDS.

If we found a python, we wouldpick it up and put it in a bush.

GO WORSHIP YOUR DEAD GOD JESUS! OUR GODS ARE ALIVE IN ITS CREATIONS AS THIS PYTHON OR IN YOU AND ME!

Your jesus is worse than a dog. MUMU

Dudeeeee!! I thought the unbelievers were meant to be free spirits, taking thing easy and showing good sense.
Why are you so angry? Insulting Jesus and all? Just calm down abeg. If you don't like Jesus, that's cool.
But many folks here believe in Jesus, so insulting Him doesn't make any sense.
If you insult a man's belief, you insult the man. Take is easy bro. This life is not that difficult.

With all this bitterness on Nairaland, I wonder how people here actually lead their lives. SMH
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by God4memi: 4:46pm On May 07, 2013
The Pastor is innocent. Period!
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Daresh(f): 4:48pm On May 07, 2013
Dr. Tee:
AWKA —  MEMBERS of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, PFN, and Umuoji community in Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State are on each other’s throat, following the killing of a snake in the community by the Overseer of the Mercy Throne Assembly, Umuoji, Rev Jude Chubueze.

To the community, Chibueze had committed a sacrilege, adding that the killing of snake in the area is a taboo.

The matter is already before the Anambra State Police command which is trying to mediate between the two parties to avoid a breakdown of law and order.

Members of PFN under the aegis of Umuoji Gospel Ministries Fellowship led by Pastor Celestine Ekpunobi, yesterday, described the tradition that forbids the killing of snake as barbaric, adding that such law should only concern the pagans.

Already, the church where the overseer is the pastor had been sealed with palm fronts by the people of the community.

Narrating his version of the incident, Rev Chibueze said a snake stormed his house at night when members of his family were already sleeping. He said the snake was lying where his children were sleeping and when the children started shouting, he ran out with his wife to see what was happening.

He said: “When I got to their room, I saw a big snake lying with them and I had to kill it and threw it into the nearby bush. The following day, some community members marched to my house and accused me of killing their god. They beat me up mercilessly.

“They wrote a list of items amounting to N54,890 which they said I should buy to appease their god.  Being a Christian, I told them that it is against my faith and more over, I killed a snake and not a human being.”

However, Chief Paul Edekobi, one of the community leaders said instead of the pastor doing what he earlier agreed to do with the community by providing the items, he dragged them to Ogidi Police Station where six of the community leaders were arrested.

According to him, what he did was capable of wiping out his entire family if sacrifices were not made to appease the gods.

“We do not want to destroy his property and that is why we used the palm fronts to tie round the church to stop him from worshipping there for now,” Edekobi said.

But the pastor said: “What they are talking about is not tradition; they see the killing of a snake as a taboo in their world of idol worshipping and not same in Christian faith

“If they do not desist from this act, our next port of call will be the court for the enforcement of our fundamental human rights.”

I'm from that side of the country and dem no dey kill snake. If you see snake beside ur child, gently carry it outside and let it go. They r like pets and will never bite or harm anyone. He shd pay the fine cos he was wrong.

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by tpia5: 4:58pm On May 07, 2013
Well, imo ( could be wrong) i think he should pay the fine although i dont agree with the idea of people using the money to appease their gods. However, it could considered a community tax perhaps.

He may also need to leave that community altogether, although it seems the totems themselves want people to hear the gospel, or else why would they be in the house of the christian God.

Also, in most instances, what is considered tradition could be based on some other stuff like what obtains in parts of africa, where you cant just kill certain animals at random because they are being preserved.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by prologue: 5:05pm On May 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

WHERE DID HE RISE? HAVE YOU SEEN HIM RISE ABI?!
Have you seen ur snake spirit?
Hope its different from python oil.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

how can a SPiritual force fight. We the upholders of the faith, it is upto us to defend our Gods.
dumbest comment so far
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Onuokwu: 5:17pm On May 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
i hope they kill him. if he did such a thing in my neighbourhood, we would have roasted his on a spit. ugly b.astard what did the harmless poisonless snake do to him. why does he have to offend our religion? angry angry angry angry

Also how did the other villagers find out that he killed the snake Either the Gods informed the other villagers that an innocent animal was murdered, or the idi.ot of a pastor went around boasting to the entire village that he murdered the representative of the Serpent spirit, in order to instigate the Pagans of the village.

Idemilli pythons are FAMOUS to be harmless. that snake might have just come to play with the kids. little did the poor creature know that it is entering the house of a savage cruel madman, unlike the other kind neighbours who let it in.

Let us not forget that this savage man is an indigene of the area and that e knows these snakes are harmless to kids. Probably before he converted to man-worship, he too used to play with Eke snakes as a child. angry

I hope he faces the wrath of the forest spirits.

[size=16pt]HAS ANYONE WONDERED WHY IS IT THAT ONLY A "CHRISTIAN PASTOR" IS FOUND KILLING OF SNAKES?!!! BECAUSE HE JUST WANTS TO PROVOKE AND INSULT THE INDIGNES AND THEIR CULTURAL BELIEFS AND RELIGION, JUST LIKE HIS COLONIAL MASTERS![/size]

be good unto animals and they will be good unto you. .

So if a snake is lying in bed with your children, you'll be singing praises to it or recording it on camera?
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by tpia5: 5:20pm On May 07, 2013
Other people might also kill snakes, but it doesnt get broadcast in the media regardless if they do or dont pay the fine.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by vanPELaj(m): 5:28pm On May 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
i hope they kill him. if he did such a thing in my neighbourhood, we would have roasted his on a spit. ugly b.astard what did the harmless poisonless snake do to him. why does he have to offend our religion? angry angry angry angry

Also how did the other villagers find out that he killed the snake Either the Gods informed the other villagers that an innocent animal was murdered, or the idi.ot of a pastor went around boasting to the entire village that he murdered the representative of the Serpent spirit, in order to instigate the Pagans of the village.

Idemilli pythons are FAMOUS to be harmless. that snake might have just come to play with the kids. little did the poor creature know that it is entering the house of a savage cruel madman, unlike the other kind neighbours who let it in.

Let us not forget that this savage man is an indigene of the area and that e knows these snakes are harmless to kids. Probably before he converted to man-worship, he too used to play with Eke snakes as a child. angry

I hope he faces the wrath of the forest spirits.

[size=16pt]HAS ANYONE WONDERED WHY IS IT THAT ONLY A "CHRISTIAN PASTOR" IS FOUND KILLING OF SNAKES?!!! BECAUSE HE JUST WANTS TO PROVOKE AND INSULT THE INDIGNES AND THEIR CULTURAL BELIEFS AND RELIGION, JUST LIKE HIS COLONIAL MASTERS![/size]

be good unto animals and they will be good unto you. .
You are a big fool

2 Likes

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Tabawababy(f): 5:28pm On May 07, 2013
plezant:

Dont mine him simple english he can not here.. Mumu,
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:29pm On May 07, 2013
vascey:

Dudeeeee!! I thought the unbelievers were meant to be free spirits, taking thing easy and showing good sense.
Why are you so angry? Insulting Jesus and all? Just calm down abeg. If you don't like Jesus, that's cool.
But many folks here believe in Jesus, so insulting Him doesn't make any sense.
If you insult a man's belief, you insult the man. Take is easy bro. This life is not that difficult.

With all this bitterness on Nairaland, I wonder how people here actually lead their lives. SMH

Listen here, it is this very easy spirit you fellows taking advantage of. angry

dont think your fellows did not insult my Gods. angry

this very thread is about xtians insulting Pagan Gods.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:31pm On May 07, 2013
van PELaj:
You are a big fool

not as big as you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Hardest of the 3 Major Language to Learn / List Of Animals And Their Igbo Names. / Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.