Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,430 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake (21182 Views)

Photos: Killing Of Twins In Fct (Gwagwaladagist.com) / Monarch, Emmanuel Onyeike-Efeizomor, Sleeps With Snake For 5 Days / Killers Of Python In Calabar: Handling Snake Is Our Culture; no charms or juju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:32pm On May 07, 2013
Onuokwu:

So if a snake is lying in bed with your children, you'll be singing praises to it or recording it on camera?

ill take pics and then pick it up with my hand/stick and leave it in the bush.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by cecegorz(m): 5:35pm On May 07, 2013
o'boy:
am sure you are a lost jesus worshipping soul,your jesus that could'nt even save himself yet you all blindly worship him
Hahahahahha!
Dude it was your god that was butchered and there is nothing you can do about it.
Accept my condolences though.
I wish the Pastor used it for a sweet barbecue.
Any god that needs a man to protect it must die a terrible death! (pun intended)

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by babymama3: 6:13pm On May 07, 2013
Krucifax:

There is something seriously wrong with your head. A man heard the screaming of his family, he went to investigate the cause and found a snake in their bedroom(not garden,not front yard,not car park,not roof)bedroom as in inside house!

Okay please tell us. Should he have interviewed the snake to know whether it is harmful or not? Or is he a qualified veterinary doctor to tell one specie from the other?

His only crime is to be living among backward lunatics like yourself. And to compare a snake and the holy bible shows your upbringing was an obvious disaster. Goat!

And that is a woman that claims to have kids o
I wonder what she would have done to see snakes beside her kids
Some eediots that post here don't even bother reading the post before commenting
That is what I have learned
They see a topic and post rubbish pulled out of their anuses and expect it to jive
If one has the patience to make a comment,he/she should take the trouble to read the preceding post or posts

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by malabite3: 6:18pm On May 07, 2013
See the way you A̶̲̥̅̊rε̲̣ exposing your ignorance on social media. Demons A̶̲̥̅̊rε̲̣ spirits likewise satan. Spirits don't die ♍Ɣ dear.

chrisxxx: I can only support the pastor's action on the assumption that he did not know that killing such snake was a taboo. And the proximity of the snake to his children was a health and safety threat. If that had been done deliberately he has gone contrary to his Bible's and The Bible's teachings.
Did he ever care to ask why Jesus instead of killing the legion of demons hearken to their pleas of being sent to invade the swine?
Did he ever ask why Jesus said Caesar should receive tax?
Did he ever try to know why there was Baal-Jesus even while Jesus was on earth?
Did he ever try to know why God has allowed Satan and his cohorts to exist till this period and still existing?
Let him answer the above questions amongst others.
Don't call me a pagan, I am a Christian just that I understand the Bible better even than some pastors.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by babymama3: 6:20pm On May 07, 2013
It looks like most Igboland has this stupid custom about pythons being sacred
They have it in mine too
My great uncle was a hunter and sometimes caught pythons in his trap and ate them grin grin grin
And he lived to a ripe old age and passed away peacefully
If a python entered my father's or grandfather's compound,it is sure to get a double barrel gun on it's head and thrown into the bushes.
We are a Christian family and don't subscribe to any deities or gods and idols and have no ties to traditional beliefs
They should cage their gods or ask them to stay in the bushes where they belong
The moment they wander into the homes of non worshippers,they had better have disappearing powers or else

3 Likes

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Sweetlemon(f): 6:22pm On May 07, 2013
Coldfeet: I want to give that Rev a big hug!!! deity my ass! Let them call out dia own gods and let's see who is supreme! Yes I agree its dia tradition but that snake should have known better not to crawl into a Christians home where Christ is Lord and Master! Am sure now other snakes will stay off! That village might still be doing human sacrifice they should be checked nansenze!

Can't believe what I read from Ifyalwys!

Am igbo and it shames me to read what some of my people are spewing here! How can u be a Christian and still honour arushi! (deity)? This are the kind of Igbos that still hold strongly to Osu beliefs! Blood of Jesus!!!

To say that I'm shocked Ifyalways wrote that will be understatement of the millenium!
Smh at comments here.
In fact I'm too shocked to comment
*runs from thread

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by subnormal: 7:09pm On May 07, 2013
Reading through most your comments, I get the feeling that most NLs will prefer the thread title to be 'python kills whole family in Anambra'. A snake is a wild animal, maybe some of you believe it won't hurt you, but others may not subscribe to that belief. When such 'unbelievers' encounter your god, they may not pay him homage as you wld cos to them, it's a dangerous animal.

2 Likes

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by babymama3: 7:12pm On May 07, 2013
subnormal: Reading through most your comments, I get the feeling that most NLs will prefer the thread title to be 'python kills whole family in Anambra'. A snake is a wild animal, maybe some of you believe it won't hurt you, but others may not subscribe to that belief. When such 'unbelievers' encounter your god, they may not pay him homage as you wld cos to them, it's a dangerous animal.

And the same eediots commenting and condemning this man would ask where the father was when a snake killed his children
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by oboy3(m): 7:18pm On May 07, 2013
It has never been Heard in any idemili town that a Revd father killed a python before,i pray i would be around the time a Pastor kill eke in my hometown,i will personaly Cut him bit by bits And feed the carcass to crocodiles @ idemili river
when you are in Rome,behave like romans

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by babymama3: 7:22pm On May 07, 2013
Knowing how fierce the community is on this,he should have buried the serpent at the back of his house or carried it together with the garbage in his household and thrown it deep into the bushes or buried it there.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Sweetlemon(f): 7:25pm On May 07, 2013
I had to take notes of all the monikers here supporting the snake-god so I can start avoiding them like plagues on NL

2 Likes

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:35pm On May 07, 2013
baby_mama: It looks like most Igboland has this stupid custom about pythons being sacred
They have it in mine too
My great uncle was a hunter and sometimes caught pythons in his trap and ate them grin grin grin
And he lived to a ripe old age and passed away peacefully
If a python entered my father's or grandfather's compound,it is sure to get a double barrel gun on it's head and thrown into the bushes.
We are a Christian family and don't subscribe to any deities or gods and idols and have no ties to traditional beliefs
They should cage their gods or ask them to stay in the bushes where they belong
The moment they wander into the homes of non worshippers,they had better have disappearing powers or else

So,ndi be unu na eli eke ? Tufiiiiiiiiaaaaaakwa! Very nasty people just like Nsukka people we drove away from Umuoji. Come to Umuoji,kill a an Eke-Idenmili and see what happens to you.

3 Likes

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:35pm On May 07, 2013
Sweetlemon: I had to take notes of all the monikers here supporting the snake-god so I can start avoiding them like plagues on NL

good. i hate associating myself with bullsh!t ppl like you.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:37pm On May 07, 2013
o'boy:
It has never been Heard in any idemili town that a Revd father killed a python before,i pray i would be around the time a Pastor kill eke in my hometown,i will personaly Cut him bit by bits And feed the carcass to crocodiles @ idemili river
when you are in Rome,behave like romans

Let he who have ears listen! Respect our traditions and we won't have any problems with you. Omenana ndi dili fa!

Nwanne,daalu,rinne.

2 Likes

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 07, 2013
Sweetlemon: I had to take notes of all the monikers here supporting the snake-god so I can start avoiding them like plagues on NL
what a waste of space...like seriously. If you don't get understand someone's culture, you either ask or shut it. You are in no way better than the people who believe in the Idemili python....rubbish.

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Enoquin(f): 7:56pm On May 07, 2013
I hate silly coincidences...shoo? Watched the Iron Lady, the online media started talking on Margaret Thatcher and her decisions on the falklands and then she died.

Re-read 'Arrow of God' by Chinua Achebe yesterday where Ezeulu's son in his struggle between his tradition and his 'christian' conversion put the idemili python in a box seeking to kill it, commiting sacrilege. The strange thing was that the occupants of the house knew that there were two pythons living in the roof of the kitchen...
Now, I am reading of this Idemili python sacrilege...

The question to ponder on is 'this snake doesn't bite or harm anyone and this has been on-going for generations, why not?'
I know the pythons found in Akwa Ibom and Cross River are killed and I know those ones will harm you but why not the Idemili Python, what makes it different apart from the theory that it is a royal snake?

I seek to know and not be insulted
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Enoquin(f): 8:08pm On May 07, 2013
Amusaopeyemi: Thought this killing of idemili's scared python was just a joke in Chinua Achebe's arrow of God and things fall apart.

No fiction novel is truly fictitious. You learn about a person's culture from a book which has to stay as true as possible. Characters can be fictitious but the character's actions will try to stay true...in essences, you weave a non fiction and fiction to make a story...the scale depends on the genre you have decided on...
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by oboy3(m): 8:22pm On May 07, 2013
Enoquin: I hate silly coincidences...shoo? Watched the Iron Lady, the online media started talking on Margaret Thatcher and her decisions on the falklands and then she died.

Re-read 'Arrow of God' by Chinua Achebe yesterday where Ezeulu's son in his struggle between his tradition and his 'christian' conversion put the idemili python in a box seeking to kill it, commiting sacrilege. The strange thing was that the occupants of the house knew that there were two pythons living in the roof of the kitchen...
Now, I am reading of this Idemili python sacrilege...

The question to ponder on is 'this snake doesn't bite or harm anyone and this has been on-going for generations, why not?'
I know the pythons found in Akwa Ibom and Cross River are killed and I know those ones will harm you but why not the Idemili Python, what makes it different apart from the theory that it is a royal snake?

I seek to know and not be insulted
simple,idemili is in anambra state and not in Akwa ibom or cross river and we dont kill it because we are not akwa ibom or cross riverians,i hope that answers your Question
ignorance should not be an excuse for breaking our traditions
Odenigbo Aroli:

Let he who have ears listen! Respect our traditions and we won't have any problems with you. Omenana ndi dili fa!

Nwanne,daalu,rinne.
nwanne,your people are really gentle o,if it were in Obosi,they will force him to buy casket for the burial
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by victorazy(m): 8:31pm On May 07, 2013
ifyalways: Over zealous religious fanatics.I hope they roast his arse. angry
How would he and his fold react if his bible is pissed on?
Did Jesus convert anyone by shitting on his/her sacred stuff?v

Ur mentally ill. Did u read the story b4 showing ur ignorant here moosh. Did he kill d snake in a shrine or in his house?
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:36pm On May 07, 2013
victorazy:

Ur mentally ill. Did u read the story b4 showing ur ignorant here moosh. Did he kill d snake in a shrine or in his house?

his house was located on the Sepents land.

also when you live in a community, you follow the rules and laws of that community.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by specco(m): 8:40pm On May 07, 2013
na2day!:

All these our Christian brethren from the east, na wa o!
I'm amazed, really amazed!
No wonder we read recently that kidnappers even conduct prayer programs for successful operation.
Do you people know what Christianity is all about at all?

So you all value the life of an errant python over that of the pastor's children.
If I can remember correctly, was it not the released General's wife in Oyo state that recounted how her kidnappers were holding prayer vigils while waiting for ransom money to be paid . Pls get ur facts right before hitting d buttons.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 07, 2013
Lilimax:
grin grin grin Likewise me.
My grandmother will always threathen to tie the python on the waist of anyone that bed wets.

Me too...my grandfather actually brought one huge eke idemili to tie round my waist when i was four..guess what..the snake saw the royal anaconda b/w my legs and ran for its life..it must have recalled the incident at pharoah palace with moses staff..

Pls if you are still bedwetting,hola at me..i,ll tie mine around your waist or plug the bedwetting orifice with my idemili...your grandmum will be proud of me..

2 Likes

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:54pm On May 07, 2013
^smh chai! grin
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 07, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
mr

u r a wise man....more tattoos to your body.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Hearme(m): 9:00pm On May 07, 2013
akigbemaru: Did you all see the hypocrisy of the 99 percent Christian igbo people? Serve Jews and Jesus in a broad daylight but serve the talking serpentine when the chips are down at night!

December-January things. Juju buisness men.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Hearme(m): 9:04pm On May 07, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Nwanne,daalu,rinne.

Bush man. After you will be comparing Nigeria with US or UK
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by igchuka(m): 9:08pm On May 07, 2013
Lilimax: I come from Anambra state and in Anambra state, they don't kill PYTHON to be precise.
They kill everyother snake except python.
The snake does not bite people. I grew up to meet this tradition but when asked they said it is a
sacrilege to kill python.
Provided it does not bite me, I move on.
Let them perish with their tradition and belief sad sad.
Dont bring the whole of anambra into this, it is not generally. I am from anambra, if i was the pastor, i will do the same thing. Just like in awka where monkeys are not killed, but they cause a lot of trouble. I know some estates where the monkeys are shot at and nothing happens. So quit that wrong mentality.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by saviola77(m): 9:09pm On May 07, 2013

LMAO...don't make me choke on my kunu abeg.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by igchuka(m): 9:13pm On May 07, 2013
Gboliwe: The Rev. acted on impulse. He is actually a strong man to have been able to kill a snake by himself. I mean, compared to me, I would have screamed to high heavens.
Any way, the villagers should let their god fight for itself.:
@Ifyalways: shocked
As you can see, the god has no powers thats why they are fighting for it. Just like Elijah and the prophets of baal.

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by bugzylala(m): 9:15pm On May 07, 2013
hahaheheheha.. kai Igbo man wahala too much Shunn. so such fetish stuffs r still highly practicable till date huh? ha!
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 07, 2013
ajibaby 2:
overzealous my foot, so he should rather watch the snake kill his children. How do you reason for God's sake. When a snake come visit you in the house, you should sit and dine with it. The pastor did what he needs to do "kill the damn thing".

The snake was just chilling,he should,ve played a nice gospel music for it or even sing lullaby..

He should relocate after this experience cos baaad things will happen to him if he stubbornly decides not to move.

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by igchuka(m): 9:22pm On May 07, 2013
saintneo: EKE NEKWA ONYE UKA ~ PYTHON, CHRISTIAN HERE

I was born and raised in Anambra, I have always known of this tradition in Anambra. These snakes visit home stay with children without harming them. I have never heard of a case where there was injury or death as a result of this snake. In my place in Enugu, there is snake we don't kill as well ~ Awgo Ocha(White Snake) usually small in size.

Somehow, there seems to be an equilibrium between these snakes and their communities. It is the same equilibrium we have with other animals like dogs. Also, these snakes could be endangered species.

I'm against the killing of this snake. Firstly, this snake was sleeping in the children's room. For the snake to be sleeping, it means the snake had being there for longer period without harming anyone. Why didn't the pastor secure his children first before seeking its destruction? Why didn't the pastor show any mercy?
Pls be specific about the place in anambra cos its not so in my place. Dont generalize it

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Hardest of the 3 Major Language to Learn / Ooni Ogunwusi, Alaafin Of Oyo At Methodist Church For Award Event.PICS / Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.