Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates - Jobs/Vacancies (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates (303283 Views)

Shell Recruitment Day (srd) Shortlisted Candidate / Shell Recruitment Day 2011 / Shell Recruitment Day [srd] Info (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by terwizzy(m): 7:38pm On Jun 30, 2013
dademonie:
What role did Ʊ apply for?

I applied for a commercial role in IT with supply chain & distribution as my 2nd choice. I have no news on the date of the SRD for now.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by terwizzy(m): 7:41pm On Jun 30, 2013
lammy2rule:

Congrats to you..I pray you get the offer letter at the end. Please when and where was stated on you SRD notification Mail. My status still says under review..wondering what shell are up to this time around

Lammy, they only sent the invitation for the SRD. The news on the date and venue have still not been divulged. It was the same thing after the assessment stage. They tell you you'll be notified by a scheduling coordinator in the "near future".
With about a week to go, they then send you the details of when and where the next stage will take place.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by lammy2rule(m): 8:58pm On Jun 30, 2013
terwizzy:

Lammy, they only sent the invitation for the SRD. The news on the date and venue have still not been divulged. It was the same thing after the assessment stage. They tell you you'll be notified by a scheduling coordinator in the "near future".
With about a week to go, they then send you the details of when and where the next stage will take place.

Thanks.....i pray the best for you on SRD
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by macpeter1(m): 10:07am On Jul 01, 2013
thanks, just finished my part 2. expect. thnks God bless
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by donmarshia(m): 12:19pm On Jul 01, 2013
Terwizzy and dademonie, Please after you chose your interview dates, how long did it take before you were sent a confirmation of your interview time and date?
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Chuksaluta(m): 12:51pm On Jul 01, 2013
donmarshia: Terwizzy and dademonie, Please after you chose your interview dates, how long did it take before you were sent a confirmation of your interview time and date?

I choose my date about 12hrs ago and still haven't gotten confirmation too
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by jstringz(m): 8:50pm On Jul 01, 2013
@ Dademondie,

No show ye£?

10 working dayz, uhhmmm?

£ime s£ill deh
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Micscoffeild: 9:33pm On Jul 01, 2013
terwizzy:

I applied for a commercial role in IT with supply chain & distribution as my 2nd choice. I have no news on the date of the SRD for now.

great! congrat. do you have a second degree and or professional qualifications? mine is still under review for over a month.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by tey234: 11:57pm On Jul 01, 2013
Hi guys, this might sound weird but I can't remember the position I applied for. I have done the 2nd assessment stage and my application has been under review for over a month now. I tried checking my submitted application but was unable to retrieve any information. Please, does anyone have an idea on how to get info on the position applied for? Thanks
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by leahjones: 7:08am On Jul 02, 2013
Hello peeps, *thinkin out loud* for those of us who still ve our application under review for over a month now, should we still keep our fingers crossed? Mine has been under review since the 12th of May.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Darkhorse007(m): 8:37am On Jul 02, 2013
leahjones: Hello peeps, *thinkin out loud* for those of us who still ve our application under review for over a month now, should we still keep our fingers crossed? Mine has been under review since the 12th of May.
what's ur course of study if I may ask?
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 02, 2013
Good morning all.
I have my phone interview slated for 16th July, 2013 9:00am. Please, how do I prepare? I applied for Petrophysics (first choice) and Electrical Engineering (second choice). Please, all suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance pals.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 02, 2013
Check previous pages
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 02, 2013
For those of you that your application is still under review, be patient. Mine too was under review for a long time before they finally changed my status about a week ago. So hope for the best.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Jesusbabygirl(f): 9:49am On Jul 02, 2013
harde2lah: For those of you that your application is still under review, be patient. Mine too was under review for a long time before they finally changed my status about a week ago. So hope for the best.
What did it change to? + for how long was it under review?,mine has been under review since 14th May
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by leahjones: 10:07am On Jul 02, 2013
Darkhorse007:
what's ur course of study if I may ask?
Its Sociology and I applied for the Human Resources as my First choice, can't remember my Second and third Choice again.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Darkhorse007(m): 10:41am On Jul 02, 2013
leahjones:
Its Sociology and I applied for the Human Resources as my First choice, can't remember my Second and third Choice again.
Alryt. Don't realy know how it's been done in shell. Aint sure anyway, but I sense one's course of study in relation to ur first nd second prefered choice of job may just be that hindering factor delaying d whole process. Like someone said, try to exercise some patience, nd it's gonna be fine. Gudluck, bloke.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by tolutweety(m): 10:47am On Jul 02, 2013
dademonie: Funny how people want to get information but don't want to contribute. I asked 4 dose dat ave done deirs 4 a tip but I got no response.
I'll advise you ave answers for teamwork, greatest achievement, relationship with others, and your reason 4 applying to shell related questions. Make sure Ʊ give the most appropriate scenario for every question asked. Also know the dept you want and why
Note: make sure Ʊ give the challenges Ʊ faced and the outcome for any question asked.

The interview should last 4 1hr, though mine lasted 4 1hr 40mins

@ dademonie.. Just saw ur mesg. It went to the spam folder n nt my inbox. Did u get my reply?
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 02, 2013
harde2lah: For those of you that your application is still under review, be patient. Mine too was under review for a long time before they finally changed my status about a week ago. So hope for the best.
Pending Interview and I got a mail from shell. It was under review for up to a month.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by terwizzy(m): 11:29am On Jul 02, 2013
donmarshia: Terwizzy and dademonie, Please after you chose your interview dates, how long did it take before you were sent a confirmation of your interview time and date?

I got a confirmation within 30 minutes probably. It seemed like it came immediately.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by terwizzy(m): 11:30am On Jul 02, 2013
Micscoffeild:

great! congrat. do you have a second degree and or professional qualifications? mine is still under review for over a month.

Yup. I have a master's in Advanced Computer Science and I've done 2 certifications.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Darkhorse007(m): 11:54am On Jul 02, 2013
terwizzy:

Yup. I have a master's in Advanced Computer Science and I've done 2 certifications.
thought as much
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by kemzole(f): 12:27pm On Jul 02, 2013
terwizzy:

pls which certifications do u have. i also read computer science
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by terwizzy(m): 1:40pm On Jul 02, 2013
kemzole: pls which certifications do u have. i also read computer science

ITIL Foundation and an expired CCNA grin
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Vikktorr(m): 1:49pm On Jul 02, 2013
tey234: Hi guys, this might sound weird but I can't remember the position I applied for. I have done the 2nd assessment stage and my application has been under review for over a month now. I tried checking my submitted application but was unable to retrieve any information. Please, does anyone have an idea on how to get info on the position applied for? Thanks
Same for me sad Someone please kindly respond. Thanks
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 02, 2013
terwizzy: I had my telephone interview on Wednesday this week and I got the invitation for the SRD today, after only 2 days! I almost had a heart attack when I read it because I really thought the telephone interview didn't go well. My interviewer said I spoke too fast and there were many pauses on her end (she warned me that she would be taking notes and hence that might happen).

Questions were typically about competencies: Your greatest achievement, how you cope under pressure, how you work in a team and solicit feedback, how you make team mates feel important and useful, your career aspirations within shell etc.

Hope this helps someone. I'm gathering info to prepare for the SRD immediately. Will share if I find anything interesting. Good luck. wink

Please can you send me your email or phone number. I ll like to ask you some questions regarding the interview
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 02, 2013
dademonie: Funny how people want to get information but don't want to contribute. I asked 4 dose dat ave done deirs 4 a tip but I got no response.
I'll advise you ave answers for teamwork, greatest achievement, relationship with others, and your reason 4 applying to shell related questions. Make sure Ʊ give the most appropriate scenario for every question asked. Also know the dept you want and why
Note: make sure Ʊ give the challenges Ʊ faced and the outcome for any question asked.

The interview should last 4 1hr, though mine lasted 4 1hr 40mins

Thanks for this enligtenment. Please can you send me your email or phone number, will like to talk with you.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by leahjones: 10:27pm On Jul 02, 2013
Darkhorse007:
Alryt. Don't realy know how it's been done in shell. Aint sure anyway, but I sense one's course of study in relation to ur first nd second prefered choice of job may just be that hindering factor delaying d whole process. Like someone said, try to exercise some patience, nd it's gonna be fine. Gudluck, bloke.
Thanks..
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Micscoffeild: 10:36pm On Jul 02, 2013

your posting is so encouraging.....there is hope for a tree if the root is still inside the soil.... grin

1 Like

Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by estryzy: 1:30am On Jul 04, 2013
I did the telephone interview as scheduled but haven't received an SRD invitation. However, I noticed that my appliation status changed from "pending interview" to "pending final assessment".
Don't know what to "extract" from this change in status...
Did everyone who did the phone interview experience same change?? lipsrsealed
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by 4mula22(m): 6:41am On Jul 04, 2013
@ Estryzy When was ur phone interview? Cos it takes a while b4 they send invitation

1 Like

Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by bsparks09: 9:31am On Jul 04, 2013
estryzy: I did the telephone interview as scheduled but haven't received an SRD invitation. However, I noticed that my appliation status changed from "pending interview" to "pending final assessment".
Don't know what to "extract" from this change in status...
Did everyone who did the phone interview experience same change?? lipsrsealed

I did my phone interview and got a feedback two days later (a positive one). The change in status is a positive sign so you need not worry at all, it simply means prepare for the final assessment. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (46) (Reply)

Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! / Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police / Nigeria Civil Defence Corp Is Recruiting:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.