Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,911 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today (3524 Views)

High Rate Of Unfaithfulness In Relationship. Who' Fault, Male Or Female / Contradiction: High Rate Of Divorce And Unhappy Marriages Yet Expected To Marry? / 85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by plendil: 11:50pm On May 11, 2013
Is it really increasing or decreasing?
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by 190: 11:53pm On May 11, 2013
*Kails*:
people nowadays spend too much on the actual ceremonies and not
enough time on the relationship. they also confuse lust for love...

Im not confused about mine - i do love u embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 12, 2013
Mrs..Chima:

Summarize these nuts.

anyway, in case u didn't get my point initially, I said u obviously said the truth in summary. I then implored u to try and explain more so people would understand u better. Nairalanders refused to change, sighs
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by MrsChima1(f): 3:43pm On May 12, 2013
DailyNews:

anyway, in case u didn't get my point initially, I said u obviously said the truth in summary. I then implored u to try and explain more so people would understand u better. Nairalanders refused to change, sighs

You want me to sprinkle my nuts with suya?

Just kidding...will explain soon.
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by usermane(m): 7:54am On May 13, 2013
Because people dont care about marriage preparation. They dont get to learn each other character and personality b4 marriage.
People think dating is about sex,money and show off. Factors like morals,ethics,truthfullness are throw out of the window and it is only after packing in that couples realise what they need is lacking in their spouse.
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by dmcdad: 1:08pm On May 13, 2013
usermane: Because people dont care about marriage preparation. They dont get to learn each other character and personality b4 marriage.
People think dating is about sex,money and show off. Factors like morals,ethics,truthfullness are throw out of the window and it is only after packing in that couples realise what they need is lacking in their spouse.
Thats it bruv... Plus they pay more attention to the wedding while isolating the nitty-gritty itself which is the marriage. Often times people forget that after every wedding comes the marriage where they will have to face the real realities of their union.

These days people care less about getting to know or understand each other more. More time is invested in things that would profit them less in the long run rather than take cognizance of the salient and more profitable things that would sustain them at long last.

Like rightly stated above, moral decadence is now looming as most people have chosen to always do things contra bonos more. A lot of people care less about their moral, spiritual and ethical values. Untile these are taken cognizance of, coupled with other factors that enhance or promote long-lasting union-ship, then the rate of divorce would always be alarming.
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by stargalameena: 1:35pm On May 13, 2013
interesting>>>>i just hope we are taking corrections and learning so we dont fall victim* i dont mind choosing an ideal man here lol
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by dmcdad: 3:18pm On May 13, 2013
stargal_ameena: interesting>>>>i just hope we are taking corrections and learning so we dont fall victim* i dont mind choosing an ideal man here lol
As funny as it seems, you can meet your ideal mate anywhere (even here). There are always possibilities....
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by stargalameena: 10:32am On May 14, 2013
dmcdad:
As funny as it seems, you can meet your ideal mate anywhere (even here). There are always possibilities....
winkhehehehe....so lets start with you*wink*
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by Mynd44: 10:45am On May 14, 2013
stargal_ameena: winkhehehehe....so lets start with you*wink*
Hmmm. Things are happening
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by stargalameena: 10:52am On May 14, 2013
Mynd_44:
Hmmm. Things are happening
LMAO....Like he said,There are always possibilities....
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by Mynd44: 11:03am On May 14, 2013
stargal_ameena: LMAO....Like he said,There are always possibilities....
Oya get started
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by dmcdad: 12:00pm On May 14, 2013
stargal_ameena: winkhehehehe....so lets start with you*wink*
Nope I don't think so. Why not you get the ball rolling and others will follow suite.
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by Mynd44: 12:03pm On May 14, 2013
dmcdad:
Nope I don't think so. Why not you get the ball rolling and others will follow suite.
You both need to stop the bickering
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by dmcdad: 12:08pm On May 14, 2013
Mynd_44:
You both need to stop the bickering
There is no fuss about this... Just told her to break the ice since possibilities are endless and you never can tell whom she is gonna get on here. It might just be that the both of you are compatible. Just saying... And if someone doesn't get it started, you might not know.
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by Mynd44: 12:16pm On May 14, 2013
dmcdad:
There is no fuss about this... Just told her to break the ice since possibilities are endless and you never can tell whom she is gonna get on here. It might just be that the both of you are compatible. Just saying... And if someone doesn't get it started, you might not know.
Now I see why divorce is on the rise. No one wants to make the first move.
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by dmcdad: 12:20pm On May 14, 2013
Mynd_44:
Now I see why divorce is on the rise. No one wants to make the first move.
Ha ha ha ha ha... Don't be ridiculous. Its not a crime if a girl makes the move. Besides, if a girl makes a move to you, would you ever despise her for that?
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by Mynd44: 12:24pm On May 14, 2013
dmcdad:
Ha ha ha ha ha... Don't be ridiculous. Its not a crime if a girl makes the move. Besides, if a girl makes a move to you, would you ever despise her for that?
If a girl makes the move to me, I would respect her and see her as matured cos she sees what she likes and goes for it. Inlike the kids out there who wait for miracles but no offence but what is your view if a girl makes the first move as regards divorce?
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by dmcdad: 12:31pm On May 14, 2013
Mynd_44:
If a girl makes the move to me, I would respect her and see her as matured cos she sees what she likes and goes for it. Inlike the kids out there who wait for miracles but no offence but what is your view if a girl makes the first move as regards divorce?
I don't get it. What do u mean make the move as regards divorce? Rephrase please...
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by Mynd44: 12:36pm On May 14, 2013
dmcdad:
I don't get it. What do u mean make the move as regards divorce? Rephrase please...
I meant I like a girl who takes the initiative. It shows that she knows what she wants unlike the kids around now.

But when it comes to divorce, do you think a woman should make the first move?
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by dmcdad: 12:52pm On May 14, 2013
Mynd_44:
I meant I like a girl who takes the initiative. It shows that she knows what she wants unlike the kids around now.

But when it comes to divorce, do you think a woman should make the first move?
Well... I can never say yes to that and thats obviously because I for one am not in full support of divorce.

In as much as I like it when a woman knows when to be decisive in whatever that comes to the fore, yet on the part of divorce, I think a woman should be more patient and containing than a man in such grounds. I think a woman should more than the man put in more effort in salvaging whatever situation that is on ground and see how to turn the table since women are by nature home-makers.

But, if in extreme cases whereby the situation cannot be salvaged or its headed to the rocks such that saving it is almost impossible, then a woman should be able to opt out via a divorce.

Yet, I still think there is always need to bring about a truce whenever there is tension in the family because those times are the decisive moments that spell out how much someone has given to make something work out for good and how much they are willing to give to make sure they save it from crumbling.

Bottom-line is that, a woman shouldn't be too quick in filing for a divorce but should weigh her options more carefully and try to save the day by doing what can be done when necessary. Nevertheless, there are cases whereby a drastic decision has to be taken, in that case, she can go for it.
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by Mynd44: 1:48pm On May 14, 2013
Truth
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by MrsChima1(f): 2:09pm On May 14, 2013
I think divorce shouldn't be made lightly because it does hurt the children and other members of the family. However we can't stop someone from divorcing if they choose to. I have every desire to remain married to Chima unless exreme adultery and abuse come in play.
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by stargalameena: 3:38pm On May 14, 2013
Mrs..Chima:
I think divorce shouldn't be made lightly because it does hurt the children and other members of the family. However we can't stop someone from divorcing if they choose to. I have every desire to remain married to Chima unless exreme adultery and abuse come in play.
yes oooooooooo....may God keep your home in jesus name...
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by stargalameena: 3:44pm On May 14, 2013
hmmmm....somebody help oooooOO!!! i think am in love with Dmcdad and mynd44 undecided
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by Mynd44: 3:53pm On May 14, 2013
stargal_ameena: hmmmm....somebody help oooooOO!!! i think am in love with Dmcdad and mynd44 undecided
I think you need to stop screaming
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by dmcdad: 3:53pm On May 14, 2013
stargal_ameena: hmmmm....somebody help oooooOO!!! i think am in love with Dmcdad and mynd44 undecided
With whom are you in love with? Dmcdad? Mynd? Now I think thats mere fantasy. Stop fantasising and be real. Anywayz, I think Mynd has given the green-light, so... I think u guys are good to go
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by stargalameena: 4:28pm On May 14, 2013
dmcdad:
With whom are you in love with? Dmcdad? Mynd? Now I think thats mere fantasy. Stop fantasising and be real. Anywayz, I think Mynd has given the green-light, so... I think u guys are good to go
habaaa.y wud you say dat.dat wus harsh
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by dmcdad: 4:38pm On May 14, 2013
stargal_ameena: habaaa.y wud you say dat.dat wus harsh
Harsh? How? I just thought I should put things straight but it seems u didn't see it in that light..

Anywayz, sorry for that.
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by Mynd44: 4:58pm On May 14, 2013
dmcdad:
Harsh? How? I just thought I should put things straight but it seems u didn't see it in that light..

Anywayz, sorry for that.
She wants you bro
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by dmcdad: 5:08pm On May 14, 2013
Mynd_44:
She wants you bro
Its obvious she wants you cause she barely knows me. Anywayz, lets share her then. You will have your turn and I will have mine. Lol

Whats your take on that?
Re: Why Do We Have High Rate Of Divorce Today by Mynd44: 6:04pm On May 14, 2013
dmcdad:
Its obvious she wants you cause she barely knows me. Anywayz, lets share her then. You will have your turn and I will have mine. Lol

Whats your take on that?
Nah.... You can have her. And what makes you think she knows me.

Have her and I wish you two happiness

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Ways To Know That A Girl Does Not Like You / Can U Flaunt Your Intellectual Property Around Ur Siblings Naked. / My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.