Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show (21462 Views)

Osibanjo 'Clashes' With Ex-CBN Governor Sanusi Over Naira Devaluation / Dino Melaye Dares Saharareporters, Says Sowore Will Go To Jail / Omoyele Sowore,The Founder Of Sahara Reporters(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by Nobody: 2:45am On May 09, 2013
Prof Corruption: Sowore was rude! The dude needs to watch his attitude.

Rude because he rightfully said that no neck Govt Monkey has a case to answer with EFCC?! But, Okupe wasnt rude for telling him to "Shut Up" in typical Naija Do-You-Know-Who-I-Am Fashion? I wish I was the one on the show so you can see how a grown man can be unsettled and taken to the cleaners with words and poise.

SMH Rude indeed.

3 Likes

Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by musiwa26: 3:54am On May 09, 2013
I think what sowore and other did wrong is to make nigeria their business living abroad. it is not intelligent, to do that.

Nigeria is not worth that headache.. Look apart from the satellite pictures.. if it will not lead to a civil war. I will never talk about nigeria. I dont talk about other thing of nigeria.

I believe nigeria leaders are not too smart in the first place.. that why Ngozi iweala will come and destroy your banking system and you people will be too stupid not to know.. Even I see and watch nigeria television say good thing about a bad process.

I will never talk about corruption in nigeria because every leader in nigeria is corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by emiye(m): 4:10am On May 09, 2013
shymexx: Who made that guy a "Dr.?" grin grin grin grin

Dr. Stupid!!! grin grin grin
A medical doctor
Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by Xfactoria: 4:17am On May 09, 2013
I think Sowore was grossly uncivilized in that interview. He seemed hell bent on digressing from the main subject into personal attacks on Doyin Okupe. That was a waste of space and time that could have been channeled to more intelligent use. Many people are dying daily and we are all looking for a workable solution to the issue of Boko Haram. Wasn't the the interview about sharing knowledge about how this menace can be stopped? And all Sowore could do is to trivialize it and reduce the talking points by picking on Doyin Okupe. Sowore is so immature at 40!!!

1 Like

Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by preselect(m): 4:39am On May 09, 2013
X-factoria:
I think Sowore was grossly uncivilized in that interview. He seemed hell bent on digressing from the main subject into personal attacks on Doyin Okupe. That was a waste of space and time that could have been channeled to more intelligent use. Many people are dying daily and we are all looking for a workable solution to the issue of Boko Haram. Wasn't the the interview about sharing knowledge about how this menace can be stopped? And all Sowore could do is to trivialize it and reduce the talking points by picking on Doyin Okupe. Sowore is so immature at 40!!!
allow me to disagree

it's about time we, the people, started to look these politicians in the eye and call them out for the hooligans they all are. obviously boko haram is a terrorist organization, but . . .
if the economy was good, if nigeria was well run . . . .
we would have had an efficient police and intelligence units which will fight this terrorist gang and we won't need soldeirs who are trained for battle to be doing this. anytime soldiers engage in this sort of crisis it wont be long before a massacre happens (odi, zaki-biam, baga . . . ) bc that's what they are trained to do to nigeria's enemies in a foreign war.

if the economy was good, if nigeria was well run . . .
most young people would be gainfully employed and no gainfully employed young man with plans for a better future will want to joing killing gangs and boko haram would not have fighters to keep fighting from year to year

if the economy was good, if nigeria was well run . . . .we would have had strong border security and we wont see foreign fighters crossing the border to support a jihadist movement in nigeria

nigerian citizens woulda been living in some decent level of comfort by now that will make this kind of local terrorism nearly impossible to execute. not progressive country has home grown terrorists.

unfortunately nigeria is not well run and the economy is pathetic. look at this politican telling us not to despair but not providing even the slightest evidence of efficacy for us to hang our hopes on. he couldnt even articuate a single tangible answer to the myriad of questions that were asked. sometimes i wonder how these guys even lead this land.

12 Likes

Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by Xfactoria: 5:07am On May 09, 2013
pres-elect:

allow me to disagree

it's about time we, the people, started to look these politicians in the eye and call them out for the hooligans they all are. obviously boko haram is a terrorist organization, but . . .
if the economy was good, if nigeria was well run . . . .
we would have had an efficient police and intelligence units which will fight this terrorist gang and we won't need soldeirs who are trained for battle to be doing this. anytime soldiers engage in this sort of crisis it wont be long before a massacre happens (odi, zaki-biam, baga . . . ) bc that's what they are trained to do to nigeria's enemies in a foreign war.

most young people would be gainfully employed and no gainfully employed young man with plans for a better future will want to joing killing gangs and boko haram would not have fighters to keep fighting from year to year

if the economy was good, if nigeria was well run . . . .we would have had strong border security and we wont see foreign fighters crossing the border to support a jihadist movement in nigeria

nigerian citizens woulda been living in some decent level of comfort by now that will make this kind of local terrorism nearly impossible to execute. not progressive country has home grown terrorists.

unfortunately nigeria is not well run and the economy is pathetic. look at this politican telling us not to despair but not providing even the slightest evidence of efficacy for us to hang our hopes on. he couldnt even articuate a single tangible answer to the myriad of questions that were asked. sometimes i wonder how these guys even lead this land.

Mr man......abeg make we hear word! You and Sowore can certainly not lecture Nigerians on the root cause of all our problems including the Boko Haram challenge. That forum was not for anyone to remind us but to analyze all options and help us all see what path to thread on Boko Haram.

By the way, we make our politicians what they are. Not many people seems to see that they are not actually the problem but the masses. A resolute and committed followership will throw up the good leaders that are needed to drive change. Imagine if Sowore channels all of that wasted energy on mobilizing youths in Nigeria to press and demand for capital punishment for corruption? Imagine if we constitute a not-for-profit team of lawyers who will press charges against corrupt people free of charge? Imagine all of us genuinely committed to fighting corruption rather than just put pen to paper and abuse or sit somewhere in the diaspora and make noise?

We need not continue to talk about the problems we all know, it is time to work the talk bro!!!

9 Likes

Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by preselect(m): 5:22am On May 09, 2013
X-factoria:

Mr man......abeg make we hear word! You and Sowore can certainly not lecture Nigerians on the root cause of all our problems including the Boko Haram challenge. That forum was not for anyone to remind us but to analyze all options and help us all see what path to thread on Boko Haram.

By the way, we make our politicians what they are. Not many people seems to see that they are not actually the problem but the masses. A resolute and committed followership will throw up the good leaders that are needed to drive change. Imagine if Sowore channels all of that wasted energy on mobilizing youths in Nigeria to press and demand for capital punishment for corruption? Imagine if we constitute a not-for-profit team of lawyers who will press charges against corrupt people free of charge? Imagine all of us genuinely committed to fighting corruption rather than just put pen to paper and abuse or sit somewhere in the diaspora and make noise?

We need not continue to talk about the problems we all know, it is time to work the talk bro!!!

you have good points, and you said it well, we, the people might as well be the problem . . i agree. but the bad news is that we, or at least 90-99% of the population(a.k.a we) don't know we are the problem or that we also are the solution. when we fear these leaders, we cant oppose them openly, we revere them, our youth are either "locked" up in cu=hurches praying for God to come and do what God has given us the power to do, others have taken up arms in the wrong direction. but we need people like sowore to spark that anger in the people, imagine the politician saying sowore is in the confort of the US, the only people living in comfort are our criminal leaders. Last time i went to New York the nigerians living there were not all what i'll call comfortable. it's hell out there. come over to london and see how some of us are living. comfort indeed.

but the likes of sowore are doing a good job, he aint perfect, but he's doing good. our country is being ruined. our generation is wasting and boko haram, MEND etc are the result. you think Boko Haram is just a religious issue? think again. bc when they are "settled" by our "settlement" govt, MEND will resurface don't forget OPC, Bakkassi/MASSOB etc all lying in the wait and watching. how can young people engage in all this mess? one word--UNEMPLOYMENT . blame the bad economy which then blames the bad leadership

8 Likes

Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 6:06am On May 09, 2013
musiwa26: What africa root.. So you think africans dont dress well.? I will not be caugh dead looking like that. I know what it means to lead men older than my father at a young age. I have been a leader from childhood.

they are all wrong on the issue of boko haram.. And this is the insincerity i hate about nigeria. Nigerian pretend like they are blind.. they all know that the satellite pictures is the reason for boko haram. they are all scared to speak.

It is such a shame.. they are all coward..who are scared of the north.. You can see, how I give it to the igbos or north from behind.. I am not too scared to speak. People are going to like you or hate you for been honest.. Even if I am not be honest. people will still hate you. So why do you care what people think about you.

I honestly never have a sleepless night.. Saying Azikiwe plan the first coup and Killed Balewa, because he did. I never have have a sleepless night saying when igbo man tell you or another igbo something.You need to go out and check if it is morning really. because this is how igbo people are. So why will i be politically correct to please anyone. It is that hypocrisy that have brought nigeria back.

If igbos or north are going to like me, they are going to like me for my honesty and not hypocrisy.
Replying u amounts to waste of MB. All I can categorically tell u is that u were born in HATE and bred with HATE babyfood. Evn d worst yoruba politicians still think clearer than u. Drop d hate for others before it consumes u. Animal in human skin!
Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by tomber(m): 6:21am On May 09, 2013
musiwa26: I think what sowore and other did wrong is to make nigeria their business living abroad. it is not intelligent, to do that.

Nigeria is not worth that headache.. Look apart from the satellite pictures.. if it will not lead to a civil war. I will never talk about nigeria. I dont talk about other thing of nigeria.

I believe nigeria leaders are not too smart in the first place.. that why Ngozi iweala will come and destroy your banking system and you people will be too stupid not to know.. Even I see and watch nigeria television say good thing about a bad process.

I will never talk about corruption in nigeria because every leader in nigeria is corrupt.

Dont be too quick to give up on yourself.
To Sowore. He shud look for betters ways of expressing his view. using every oppurturnity to be in d public to throw personal insults will do close to nothing to fight corruptn.

1 Like

Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by RickyRoss1(m): 6:44am On May 09, 2013
I laugh at people that take sowore serious.
What is he doing to make Nigeria a better place?
All Sowore does it publish negative news about Nigeria day in, day out.
By the way, he is living in comfort in America, why not come back home and make the deference you are clamoring for?
Before I forget, sowore is not alone. Sowore is being sponsored by the same corrupt politicians he is condemning. Sowore is as corrupt as the politicians he accuse daily.
Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by headtoto: 6:44am On May 09, 2013
ifebosco: you like nigeria the way it is?what has sowore said that is lies??go and do your personal investigation first about okupe before you start to insult those who are trying to change things in nigeria.

And who are those? Sowore? You are all doomed if you count Sowore as part of the people you look forward to to change things in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by docadams: 6:56am On May 09, 2013
Nigeria problems are legion. It is so unfortunate that they are self inflicted. The irony is we have as leaders those who, directly or indirectly,caused these problems in the first place. In saner clime, Dr Okukpe cannot smell the corridors of power at ward level. Our problems are remediable but not with people like him whose sole focus is selfish pursuit of materialism and relevance on the platform of playing the devil's advocate. Tragically, he is a reflection of those he serves - our leaders.

1 Like

Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by toprealman: 7:09am On May 09, 2013
The anchor lady thinks she is smart but from the clip, it is obvious she is completely biased. What a tit she is!
Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by sublimes: 7:12am On May 09, 2013
I think the question that should be bothering us is how personally we have contributed to the betterment of Nigeria, instead of throwing insults and calling our President names! Please let's desist from this attitude and make up our mind to positively add value to our country Nigeria in whatever way or capacity we can! God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by musiwa26: 7:21am On May 09, 2013
sowole is a nigeria govt agent.
Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by Nobody: 7:22am On May 09, 2013
musiwa26: sowole is a nigeria govt agent.

Why do u say that? He has to be one of the most prominent critics of Nigerian govts at all levels.
Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by Ebenezer5: 7:36am On May 09, 2013
musiwa26: What africa root.. So you think africans dont dress well.? I will not be caugh dead looking like that. I know what it means to lead men older than my father at a young age. I have been a leader from childhood.

they are all wrong on the issue of boko haram.. And this is the insincerity i hate about nigeria. Nigerian pretend like they are blind.. they all know that the satellite pictures is the reason for boko haram. they are all scared to speak.

It is such a shame.. they are all coward..who are scared of the north.. You can see, how I give it to the igbos or north from behind.. I am not too scared to speak. People are going to like you or hate you for been honest.. Even if I am not be honest. people will still hate you. So why do you care what people think about you.

I honestly never have a sleepless night.. Saying Azikiwe plan the first coup and Killed Balewa, because he did. I never have have a sleepless night saying when igbo man tell you or another igbo something.You need to go out and check if it is morning really. because this is how igbo people are. So why will i be politically correct to please anyone. It is that hypocrisy that have brought nigeria back.

If igbos or north are going to like me, they are going to like me for my honesty and not hypocrisy.
what concern igbo people in this matter
Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by MarcoP: 7:43am On May 09, 2013
Prof Corruption: Sowore was rude! The dude needs to watch his attitude.

Do we expect anything better from Sowore, owner of a major blackmail, propaganda platform called Sahara Reporter?

The ultimate objective is to keep blackmailing any govt of the day in order to get contract.

If Sahara reporters is a serious news organization, let it relocate to Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by Demdem(m): 7:47am On May 09, 2013
Marco-P :

Do we expect anything better from Sowore, owner of a major blackmail, propaganda platform called Sahara Reporter?

The ultimate objective is to keep blackmailing any govt of the day in order to get contract.

If Sahara reporters is a serious news organization, let it relocate to Lagos.

relocate to lagos and either be like thisday, tribune and their miserable kind or be bullied about by security agents like it was done for Leadership journalists if they want to remain on the side of truth? what a joke.
Kudos to Saharareporters.
If not for them, we wouldnt have known that Retardeeness was even sick.

3 Likes

Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by Nobody: 7:49am On May 09, 2013
mannn..... me ayam tired of Nigeria jor...anyways....the true question is this....Does our black skin make us innately backwards? Is it the melanin? chei....i cannot point to one black nation in Africa where ORDER & PROGRESS is the norm in the year of our LORD 2013!.....
Anyhow....The showore guy was absolutely correct when he said the current administration was completely clueless and incapable of running the country. Goodluck Jonathan is Nigeria's biggest mistake.....Anyone who says otherwise is either really dishonest or just simply re*tarded like retardeen Egbere worstluck umblerra Jonathan..... sighs....

1 Like

Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by Nobody: 7:52am On May 09, 2013
Billyonaire: There was no clash at any point, I watched The Stream, but I am very sure this OP hasnt watched it.
you stopped watching when the show ended and Okupe was very rude.

1 Like

Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by Nobody: 7:54am On May 09, 2013
toprealman: The anchor lady thinks she is smart but from the clip, it is obvious she is completely biased. What a tit she is!

Just like your mother's TIT? NO? ID*IOT!!!

1 Like

Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by headtoto: 8:47am On May 09, 2013
engineerd: mannn..... me ayam tired of Nigeria jor...anyways....the true question is this....Does our black skin make us innately backwards? Is it the melanin? chei....i cannot point to one black nation in Africa where ORDER & PROGRESS is the norm in the year of our LORD 2013!.....
Anyhow....The showore guy was absolutely correct when he said the current administration was completely clueless and incapable of running the country. Goodluck Jonathan is Nigeria's biggest mistake.....Anyone who says otherwise is either really dishonest or just simply re*tarded like retardeen Egbere worstluck umblerra Jonathan..... sighs....

Old lines.
Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by Pataki: 9:13am On May 09, 2013
Like Jonathan, like Okupe.

It is clear to all that this Okupe has nothing substantial upstairs. All he knows is to compose insults in the comfort of his office against sincere Nigerians.

Boko Haram is from Al Qaeda, it is a global thing - all the m0r0nic blablabla Jonathan himself has been spewing to Nigerians since he started his administration.

Wonder why no one remembered to ask Okupe why as at June 2012, Jonathan categorically said Boko Haram will no longer exist, why should Nigerians trust his government forthwith?

This country is an utter joke and the likes of Sowore should be commended for coming out to speak against the bloated f00ls like Okupe in government.

1 Like

Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by StevenJay01(m): 9:18am On May 09, 2013

You have not made any sense as far as I am concerned!!INCOHERENCY is your third name.I think I saw between your lines that you have a 'leader' from childhood;please I need to know what you lead
Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by deeptesting(m): 9:19am On May 09, 2013
I need solution to stop the killings from Boko Haram and the so called ex or new militants or criminal gangs..Okupe was not making sense.
Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by Raddie(m): 9:21am On May 09, 2013
*idriis*:
OP abeg how much them go charge me if I watch this yeye video? undecided
Do people still pay to watch videos on youtube
Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by Rossikk(m): 9:39am On May 09, 2013
CFCfan:

He is repping his African roots grin
His imperialist backers commanded him to wear those African neckwears so he doesn't look like the paid up traitor he is. His mates at Sahara 'reporters' all dress the exact same way.
Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by Rossikk(m): 9:47am On May 09, 2013
lacasa: Okupe sums up Nigerian government,. Unintelligent, incoherent, inept and corrupt
Yet you are so jobless and wretched that you have nothing better to do with your time than come here everyday to spread your misery. Unintelligent, jobless baboon.
Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by Rossikk(m): 9:50am On May 09, 2013
payless:

I heard that and saw his reaction. Okupe is a vagabond if you ask me. It is just uncivilized to say that to anyone, especially on television. I had never seen such thing on television before until today.
You're a bloody biased fool. What was civilised about your riffraff friend throwing unfounded accusations at a govt official? Of course he deserved to be told to shut up, and treated like the riffraff and nonentity he is.
Re: Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show by headtoto: 9:53am On May 09, 2013
The question is this. Did Sowore actually made any sense on Boko Haram apart from his weak attempt to malign Okupe with his un substantiated claims.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Video Of Amaechi Defending The 2016 Budget Of The Ministry Of Transport / Aisha Buhari At George Mason University, USA For A Round Table Meeting (photos) / Abdulmumin Jibrin And Wife, Maryam Welcome A Baby Girl (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.