Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland - Nairaland / General (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland (21981 Views)

Concerning Our Catastrophic Loss Of Your Valuable Data / Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? / Golden Rules Of Life To Be Considered In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Go Down)

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Kenny4lyfe(m): 10:43am On May 09, 2013
Seun: I would like to correct some misconceptions.

Most moderators don't support rule 17. We had an extensive debate during which most of them opposed it but were not able to convince me that we could remove or generalize the rule without exposing the forum to a security risk or reducing your freedom of speech.

Also, I am not a muslim. I am not even pro-muslim. This rule was created to save Christian lives and not to benefit muslims.
If opposed, why restrict it to Islam only? Do the right bro or we find our square-roots!
Ban me if you dare!

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 10:43am On May 09, 2013
And Finally the almighty SEUN and his D.umb Mods banned me. The die is cast, lets see who will laugh last.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 10:43am On May 09, 2013
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Creamish(f): 10:44am On May 09, 2013
RULE 17 is out . . .mayb being modified . . .mayb . .
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by eiete(f): 10:44am On May 09, 2013
Chibuebem: you're one of those who discredit the christian faith...its a shame pple think one is a christian just because he goes to church or obeys some rules.

Seun has said he is not Christian here on nairaland. So what is your point?
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by ATMC(f): 10:45am On May 09, 2013
obadiah777: ERMM NO THAT VERSE SPEAKS ABOUT ISRAEL FALLING AWAY FROM THEIR LAND ( LUKE 21 VS 24 ) AND THEIR HERITAGE AS ISRAEL ( JEREMIAH 17 VS 4 ) AND HENCE WHY THEY ARE NOW THE LOST TRIBES OF ISRAEL. AINT GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PHYSICAL DEATH OF NOBODY. HEY HEY ATMC WAGWAN wink
which one is wagwan kwa? Part of bellicose rhetoric :-P btw i miss you badly they should unban you na

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by email1(m): 10:45am On May 09, 2013

Most moderators don't support rule 17. We had an extensive debate during which most of them opposed it but were not able to convince me that we could remove or generalize the rule without exposing the forum to a security risk or reducing your freedom of speech.

Also, I am not a muslim. I am not even pro-muslim. This rule was created to save Christian lives and not to benefit muslims.
I don't understand the last paragraph. Could you throw some light?

3 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 10:46am On May 09, 2013
Creamish: RULE 17 is out . . .mayb being modified . . .mayb . .
Hmnnn....we are monitoring him
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by eiete(f): 10:47am On May 09, 2013
e-mail:
I don't understand the last paragraph. Could you throw some light?

Maybe he knows something we don't know.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by omohba: 10:47am On May 09, 2013
Can't believe u (seun)..u mean anybody can insult christianity d way dy lik and can't say anytn about islam..taking christian as a fool..been dat dy r peaceful pple..we no wat u r avoiding..u so calld muslim we all no u guys are so violent all in d name of jihad...pls rule 17 is nt acceptable..so as 21..
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by caukerzee(m): 10:47am On May 09, 2013
A forum is supposed to be an interactive site where people give/share their views and takes of different issues with the much needed freedom. Take this away and it is no longer a forum. These [unessesary] rules just show dictatorship and Nothing more. The last time i faced [unaviodable] dictatorship was in secondary school and I dont think I'm ready to enter one willingly now. So the next time I-m banned for giving my side of view or expressing my opinion, is the day I stop visiting Nairaland. As for rule 17, Mr Seun, you should read the shit you gave as an explanation for not being able to change it again and LOL at yourself. It would have been easier for you to say you are a muslim than say that shit as it makes no sense whatsoever. No form of logic in it at all. Peace

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by JoanJohnson(f): 10:48am On May 09, 2013

21. Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation

This one in particular makes me wanna throw-up, you're indirectly saying any one without the full knowledge of English Language should not comment or post on NL? You're gradually sending people outta here. Facebook was and is never like this. This forum should be fun and educative and not a Creche or rather Nursery Class.

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by TopDog1(m): 10:48am On May 09, 2013
Mr Seun,

Your rules clearly infringe on the right to freedom,association and religion of the average Nigerian who logs on to your site. Your spurious rule 17 is clearly denigrating,biased and discriminatory. You need to sit down and have a rethink. How on earth do you decide comments that are deemed offensive to one religion and those that are not applicable to others.

I laughed in Swahili when i read your rule 21. What is it with Africans wanting to be more white than the white man? Can you tell a Chinese not to write in his native Chinese language in a Chinese website? Is English your mother tongue? Don't you know that pidgin English adds flavor to our conversation. Its our very unique way of conversing,Naija style.

Rule 20 is thrash. Respect is mutual. Users also demand respect and not the flagrant display of naked,egotistic power some of your mods exhibit on some threads. They need to realize that without the folks who log on here with their hard earned money,their wont be any Nairaland. Learn to appreciate your clients.

You also need to realize you cant pull the wool over our eyes. He who wants justice must come to equity with clean hands. You need to be seen to be fair across board to all,irrespective of tribe,religion and sex,else your rules will only be seen for what they are......Hogwash.

5 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Kenny4lyfe(m): 10:50am On May 09, 2013

GBAM!
FATWA DECLARED!
You're in danger!
GUARD! GUARD!! GUARD!!!
The only gameplay you have without compromising your assets is to BAN THE RELIGION SECTION! Declare nairaland as a secular site!
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by email1(m): 10:50am On May 09, 2013
eiete:

Maybe he knows something we don't know.
Maybe. After all, he is our 'Oga at the top' as far as Nairaland is concerned.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by etalker: 10:51am On May 09, 2013
Boko Haram wants to Islamatize Nigeria - Seun wants to islamitize Nairaland

With that nonsense rule number 17, I can categorically agree that Nigeria is an Islamic state.

I see the hand work of Maclatunji here.
Bravo dude! You have succeeded!!

Rule 17 indeed

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by DMainMan: 10:51am On May 09, 2013
nyc one Seun.

u know dat Muslims are peaceful people and cant abuse other people religions. We cant abuse christians and atheist. We cant abuse Prophet Jesus. The people dat even abuse Jesus are christians demselves and atheist. we enjoy equality.

However, non muslims derive joy in abusing muslims and its sacred faith. de draw cartoons and mock us. de ar cruel people who love violence.

Dat is d main reason, No 17 should still stand. When u non-muslims change ur ways, den we might consider your stance. But, if it worsens, we might totally evict u all from nairaland.

We want peace. We want love and Unity. Only muslims have been able to achieve dat. This is a wake up call for violent non- muslims to change their ways and be useful to the world at large.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by OCTAVO: 10:51am On May 09, 2013

You mean your silly no 17 rule was created to save the lives of christians here on nairaland?
That was the dumbest post I've ever read here on NL.
Seun, seriously you are so dumb and arrogant.
You are an adamant f00l.

12 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by sauceEEP(m): 10:52am On May 09, 2013
can someone explain to me the meaning of FATWA, could it be another term for BOUNTY?
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 10:52am On May 09, 2013
naanxie: Mr righteous! What has he said wrong?? Why are u judging him? U pple will just be vexing me on NL
he insulted mr seun. How do u think what he said will touch someone with Gods love, which is what being a believer is about.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Seun(m): 10:52am On May 09, 2013
I'm pleased to inform you about my final decision on this matter: https://www.nairaland.com/1284692/striking-down-rule-17
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Jovanna(f): 10:53am On May 09, 2013
Seun: Many Muslims don't like rule 17.
y nt modify it den?
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by omodapson(m): 10:53am On May 09, 2013
Where is rule no.17? I guess it has gone under the knife... grin grin grin

Thank God Christianity does not preach violence if not, a big curse and death would have been placed on Seun undecided and all his moderators.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by omodapson(m): 10:54am On May 09, 2013
DMainMan: nyc one Seun.

u know dat Muslims are peaceful people and cant abuse other people religions. We cant abuse christians and atheist. We cant abuse Prophet Jesus. The people dat even abuse Jesus are christians demselves and atheist. we enjoy equality.

However, non muslims derive joy in abusing muslims and its sacred faith. de draw cartoons and mock us. de ar cruel people who love violence.

Dat is d main reason, No 17 should still stand. When u non-muslims change ur ways, den we might consider your stance. But, if it worsens, we might totally evict u all from nairaland.

We want peace. We want love and Unity. Only muslims have been able to achieve dat. This is a wake up call for violent non- muslims to change their ways and be useful to the world at large.

What's the meaning of this? angry

4 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 10:54am On May 09, 2013
eiete:

Seun has said he is not Christian here on nairaland. So what is your point?
my point is that it isnt christian behaviour to talk like that.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by email1(m): 10:55am On May 09, 2013
See how a simple rule is tearing your world apart. Can you just take the whole rules away and let us continue with our lives here on Nairaland? Or better still, increase rules on spam, we don't care.

You of all people should know that religion's a very sensitive matter in our big Nigeria.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by daylae(m): 10:55am On May 09, 2013

Thanks for your concern. No danger. And rules are not made to pamper any segment of a society,whereby breaching the freedom of others,rather to maintain decorum which can only be acheived when the rules are observed in fairness to all.

Each nairalander is responsible for his own safety. Even with this measures,its totally out of your control.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by sauceEEP(m): 10:56am On May 09, 2013
Seun: I'm pleased to inform you about my final decision on this matter: https://www.nairaland.com/1284692/striking-down-rule-17
thats the spirit man, i withdraw all my derogatery comments. Peace!!!
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by ChuckD1(m): 10:56am On May 09, 2013
And where's the modification? @Seun your attempt at justifying some of those obnoxious rules is pathetically comical.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Kennysazzy(m): 10:56am On May 09, 2013
Mr seun !!! We all love this site pls don't forget how other sites are pushing hard to be great than yours and even Will try all means to talk bad about you. That Rule 17 is out of it man. i came from a very strong muslim home but to say the truth you should be fair to all religion. Are all your moderators Muslim if not then those that are of other religions must have being bribed to keep shut and accept this rule if you actually consulted them before posting it.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Seun(m): 10:58am On May 09, 2013
Here is my final decision on this matter: https://www.nairaland.com/1284692/striking-down-rule-17

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19)

Brain Teaser: Guess The Country Names From The Pictures Below / How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy / Chad Troops In Nigerian Town For Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.