Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,140 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland (21979 Views)

Concerning Our Catastrophic Loss Of Your Valuable Data / Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? / Golden Rules Of Life To Be Considered In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Go Down)

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Sleekbaby(f): 7:23am On May 09, 2013
I think uncle Seun is a moslem

4 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by daylae(m): 7:24am On May 09, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Safety of life?? Na wa ooooooo in dat case expunge religion from dis forum afterall...ur mods are athiests
i don't think they are all athiests.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by goldfish80(m): 7:24am On May 09, 2013
Seun is trying to fix what is nt broken. Nairalands charm is its freedom of speech,banter,debate,side talks... Remove all that you have a dry place.

4 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:24am On May 09, 2013
@Seun

Thanks for taking into considerations our reactions as regards the ruleS. Please can you explain to me how rule 17 impacts the freedom of speech of every other persons? The only thing I could and any other reasonable person could infer from that is that; it is allowed to go rampage on every other religious believes, people can call other peoples' God/gods/"no-god" names as long as long as it has nothing to do with the God of Islam or what they believe in. I have restrained myself from asking this, but at this point I guess I have to: are you a Muslim Seun or any member of your immediate family not excluding either or both of your parents? Seun at our age and position I strongly believe it is our responsibility to do the right thing at every time irrespective of our religion affiliations and personal believes. Truth and fairness should never be trampled upon just because we are scared of loosing favor with some people. One thing you have to know in this life is this; you can never meet up with the demands of whomever bidding you are doing right now all the time, sooner or later they will ask for more and the day you fail just once to do their biddings. Whatever you are afraid of that would happen today if you fail to do it will surely happen some years down the line when you can't keep up with the demands anymore. Do have a nice and good luck.

16 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by SamConquer(m): 7:25am On May 09, 2013
Wait a Minute what and who do this seun and his nairaland think they are??...YOU Cant change Rule 17 because of what?so insulting other religion is allowed except muslim cause you are a muslim..MTCHEW!!!seun it is the Nairalanders that made this dump site what it is today.You are there feeling like one kind of 'oga'...change this unecessary terorist character.Have you ask yourself while website such as made 1million members in 3yrs,or LINDA IKEJI BLOG or BELLANAIJA that just came out recently...you made 1million members in almost 8YEARS.Check that.....Now you feel Nairaland is very big for you to Bring Dubious Insultive 'RULES.'..RUBISSHHHHHH.i dont blame you,is this people calling you '''oga seun' why na'' that are making that your head increase...PROUDLY CHRISTIAN!!!

17 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by chlowi(f): 7:25am On May 09, 2013
Ill forever stand in line with a Religion wit a God that fights for them rather dan d followers doing the whole work themselves , a religion that its followers can stand criticism without them taking to arms and mass murder . A religion that tells you its by WILL not by FORCE... CHRISTIANITY FOREVER

12 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by mascot87(m): 7:25am On May 09, 2013
I think the devil has taken over the mind of Seun,the devil has to be flogged out angry

7 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by gyrion(m): 7:25am On May 09, 2013
ok sir we've heard u,but wat could be d penalty 4 breakin any of these rules......still don't agree wit rule 17

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by playcharles(m): 7:25am On May 09, 2013
WHY DIDNT YOU INCLUDE CHRISTIAN

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by W3xy1(m): 7:25am On May 09, 2013
so our own pidgin english and mothers tongue is prohibited in a 9ja site again? rule 17 and 21 is nt ok by me

4 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Agbgift(f): 7:25am On May 09, 2013
Mr seun aka narialand owner, pls kindly go back and review ur rules or constituion. Rule 17 should be applicable to RELIGION. There should be no exception to it. If u are safe guilding religion, do it in d proper way. Nt protecting one against d other. I ave seen some Awkward post abt christains on d christain forum. Wat do u say abt dat? To let it go?.NO!. Go and properly REVIEW RULE 17.

3 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Jordanmusa(m): 7:27am On May 09, 2013
angryBleep rule number 17 and Bleep islam. I've said it!

6 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by stunna2(m): 7:29am On May 09, 2013
I've read the rules and they sound reasonable for a site like this but on rule 17... If Mr Seun where located here in my country, your rule 17 would appear to contravene our Human Rights Code since the law explicitly says you can not descrininate on such issue no matter the justification i.e to save lives, One rule for all religions, period! (I would actually have called the police to report your site to them and file a complaint and your site would be investigated for promoting hate against some religions and they will recommend you change the rule if they find that you have broken our laws...ad failure to comply will lead to your site being shot down and you facing charges...but you don't live here! Lol)

law 21) Nigerians can not speak or write broken English on your Nigerian site? I find this interesting but not too surprising as we already regularly judge our worth by how good we speak the white man's language here on a regular bases, right!?

I'm also a little surprised that you did not inform us that your lawyers were consulted to make sure the rules you are putting up complies with relevant laws of your country!

I have had more Christians react with more threats when they felt you spoke ill of their religion than Muslims here, so I'm not sure how y'all came to this law 17!
Anyways, best of luck and hopes there is more sanity here now on your site!

Bless

10 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:30am On May 09, 2013
Seun: My Fellow Nairaland Members,

Your mixed reaction to the "new" rules have not gone unnoticed. While most people actually liked them, many people had one complaint or the other. To address your concerns, I have modified rule 1,4, 13, 15, and 21. I believe you will be pleased with the changes: https://www.nairaland.com/1026/nairaland-forum-rules-regulations

This rules are not as new as many people think. They are essentially the rules we have been enforcing all along, but they have been expressed in a more compact form to encourage you to actually read them. I created the 1st draft on the 7th of April and my fellow moderators gave me a lot of feedback which I incorporated into the rules before publishing them yesterday.

Rule 17 is the most controversial rule because it sounds unfair. My fellow moderators have debated this rule at length and it could not be changed. We cannot extend the prohibition against offence to other religions because that limits your freedom of speech, and we cannot remove that rule without jeopardizing security and the safety of lives. Sorry about this.

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.

You need to cage ikena asap,his behavior is unbecoming of a mod on this forum.tell him to stop following me like twitter !

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:31am On May 09, 2013
Seun:
It limits your freedom of speech. We do not want to limit your freedom of speech unless there is a very serious reason to do so.

So freedom of speech is limited when we are prevented from saying something against one religion...but it is not limited when another is concerned.

Clarify further cause you lost me there.

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:31am On May 09, 2013
Youngartist: ofin Mooooosee
ofin Mooooosee is for old testament,so is of use no more.its now Ofin Seeeeun cos we live a new testament life.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by premlove(m): 7:32am On May 09, 2013
Jst imagine wat seun is say; meaning that any thing negative should not be past on d muslim block what about d christians, jst because christian tolerate u should take them on a ride na wa bros

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Ifecoded(m): 7:33am On May 09, 2013
Abegi no blame oga sheun, he don knw say muslims no go tolerate it and xtianz tolerate tinz alot. Peacefull Rel.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:33am On May 09, 2013
Debroslink: 17. Don't post anything that could be considered offensive to Islam, especially in the muslim section.

How about effecting this rule on all religions especially Christianity? I'm so disappointed in you Seun
Seun can u answer that Quastion. Are Christians not welcome here?

3 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by callydon(m): 7:33am On May 09, 2013
Seun:
It limits your freedom of speech. We do not want to limit your freedom of speech unless there is a very serious reason to do so.
ARE U AN ANTI-CHRIST?
SO WEN IT COMES TO Îñ$úlTÎñG XTIANS ÊVÊRý0ñÊ IS ALLOWED TO DO DAT,BUT IF MUSLIMS ARE INSULTED THE PERSON IS BANNED OUTRIGHTLY
THIS IS COMLETE RUBBISH AND TRIBALISM WIT INEQUALITY ROLED INTO ONE(WHICH IS BY D WAY WOT NAIRALAND MODS CLAIMS TO BE FIGHTING).
N.B: I EXPECT TO BE BANNED FOR AIRING MY VIEWS SO I AV ALREADY CREATED ANOTHER ACCOUNT.

9 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Burger01(m): 7:33am On May 09, 2013
Seun:
What freedom of speech are you yapping about! How about limiting my freedom of speech on Islam? You sound incapable and unwittingly on issues concerning Christianity and Islam..

I can't believe this 'Seun' the owner of Nairaland...

sad

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:35am On May 09, 2013
Rule 17 is just a fly in the ointment.. but we truly understand your position, the entire world understands the reaction of radical fanatics of ISLAM and how everything is deemed an insult and an excuse to brutally and crudely exact violence on persons perceived to be culprits. This is the strategy bullies use - exploit the lowest of all base emotions. FEAR. because really there is nothing else they have to offer but the Threat of violence. We understand. So Rule 17 stays.

5 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Burger01(m): 7:35am On May 09, 2013
Seun:

I am very sorry about this.
Seun, you are really a disappointment. Take your sorry azz elsewhere.

Mtcheew..

sad

5 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by chlowi(f): 7:36am On May 09, 2013
Vancouverplus: 1st
Disappointed
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by mike404(m): 7:36am On May 09, 2013
callydon:
ARE U AN ANTI-CHRIST?
SO WEN IT COMES TO Îñ$úlTÎñG XTIANS ÊVÊRý0ñÊ IS ALLOWED TO DO DAT,BUT IF MUSLIMS ARE INSULTED THE PERSON IS BANNED OUTRIGHTLY
THIS IS COMLETE RUBBISH AND TRIBALISM WIT INEQUALITY ROLED INTO ONE(WHICH IS BY D WAY WOT NAIRALAND MODS CLAIMS TO BE FIGHTING).
N.B: I EXPECT TO BE BANNED FOR AIRING MY VIEWS SO I AV ALREADY CREATED ANOTHER ACCOUNT.

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:36am On May 09, 2013
@OP you dont have to take down or modify rule 17, just create new rules to cater to Christian and Atheist agitations. That is 2 extra rules till when ever we have hindus and budhists, then u can extra ones.

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:37am On May 09, 2013
As regards to Rule 17, I think someone is holding seun on gun point, so Christianity is good to be insulted but islam is not good to be insulted. This is really funny.

Also seun said something about lost of life if rule 17 is modified, this confirms what we have been saying that Islam is a violent religion and it proves whatever mactulanji and co has been trying to tell us as lies. If islam aint a violent religion then how would loss of lives come into play if rule 17 is amended to fit in both Christianity and islam. Once again someone is after seun and he better tell us so that we can help. That's my opinion

9 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by fruityjojo(f): 7:37am On May 09, 2013
Still dnt understand no 14. Who has time nd Mb 2 start checkin every pages just cos they dnt want 2 repeat a 1900 thread. how hard is it 2 lock a thread if it has been opened b4?

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by adexsimply(m): 7:37am On May 09, 2013
i understand and agree wit seun...i dont knw whyu guys failed to see d logic in his explanation but rule 21 and dat rule against uploading GIFs are nt veri reasonable to me

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Maxymilliano(m): 7:38am On May 09, 2013
Seun: Rule 17 is the most controversial rule because it sounds unfair. My fellow moderators have debated this rule at length and it could not be changed. We cannot extend the prohibition against offence to other religions because that limits your freedom of speech, and we cannot remove that rule without jeopardizing security and the safety of lives. Sorry about this.

You already limit the freedom of speech with the bold part of the above post, and it is anything but fair.

What is sauce for the goose should ordinarily be sauce for the gander, but going by your double standard policy, it is still a 'long walk' to freedom of speech.

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:38am On May 09, 2013
"Rule 17 is the most controversial rule because it sounds unfair."---It doesn't sound unfair, its actually completely unfair...17. Don't post anything that could be considered offensive to Islam, especially in the muslim section.
this rule is too vague...anything could literally be considered offensive to Islam....examples of things that can be considered offensive to Islam?....I cant believe that you actually came up with this.....so everything and everyone can be insulted...including you....but we have to keep our mouths shut when it comes to islam?...I was surprised to find out that LindaIkeja blog is actually not that far behind Nairaland when it comes to traffic..and her blog is a very simple blog and she post all the articles by her self.....if that women converts her blog into a forum....I think you will lose a lot of your traffic Seun...this is just silly.....

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19)

Brain Teaser: Guess The Country Names From The Pictures Below / How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy / Chad Troops In Nigerian Town For Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.