Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland (21977 Views)

Concerning Our Catastrophic Loss Of Your Valuable Data / Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? / Golden Rules Of Life To Be Considered In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Go Down)

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Acidosis(m): 7:11am On May 09, 2013
Why don't you just take that epistle down once and for all...

All those rule & regulations na wash... (you self ma know say na wash).

Na today ¿¿

5 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Gabrielsylar(m): 7:12am On May 09, 2013
In other wards “insult Christianity but not islam”

6 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Blazinraj01(f): 7:12am On May 09, 2013
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by osaroodion(m): 7:12am On May 09, 2013
this is the highest form of ignoramous display i'v read from u seun. U have to modify that nonsense rule 17 or nothing else. Ur reasons r filed with naivity. Nor be ur fault seun. St..p.d

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:12am On May 09, 2013
Seun do something on no 17 cus Islam is a religion the same as christianity, so any body can post offensive comments against other religion but not against islam. Seun I am disappointed, its better u tell us u are a muslim or that the boko boys have threaten u

14 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by IAMBREEZY: 7:13am On May 09, 2013
Ok o
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by chlowi(f): 7:13am On May 09, 2013
Seun: My Fellow Nairaland Members,

Rule 17 is the most controversial rule because it sounds unfair. My fellow moderators have debated this rule at length and it could not be changed. We cannot extend the prohibition against offence to other religions because that limits your freedom of speech, and we cannot remove that rule without jeopardizing security and the safety of lives. Sorry about this.

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.

YOU MUST REALLY THINK WE ARE STUPID !!!

11 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by onyeego(m): 7:14am On May 09, 2013

Your mixed reaction to the "new" rules have not gone unnoticed. While most people actually liked them, many people had one complaint or the other. To address your concerns, I have modified rule 1,4, 13, 15, and 21. I believe you will be pleased with the changes: https://www.nairaland.com/1026/nairaland-forum-rules-regulations

This rules are not as new as many people think. They are essentially the rules we have been enforcing all along, but they have been expressed in a more compact form to encourage you to actually read them. I created the 1st draft on the 7th of April and my fellow moderators gave me a lot of feedback which I incorporated into the rules before publishing them yesterday.

Rule 17 is the most controversial rule because it sounds unfair. My fellow moderators have debated this rule at length and it could not be changed. We cannot extend the prohibition against offence to other religions because that limits your freedom of speech, and we cannot remove that rule without jeopardizing security and the safety of lives.. Sorry about this.

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.
Am seeing tinzs

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Gabrielsylar(m): 7:14am On May 09, 2013
Safety of life?? Na wa ooooooo in dat case expunge religion from dis forum afterall...ur mods are athiests

5 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by daylae(m): 7:15am On May 09, 2013
let's take a vote. Expunge those voted against. . . .i beg oga seun,float nairaland so we all have a say.

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by kingarizona(m): 7:15am On May 09, 2013
I am new on nairaland, how do I comment
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:15am On May 09, 2013
I think the final rule should be against moderators pooling the front page with suggestive pictures of celebrities and asking us "Who wore it best?" These photos leave subliminal impressions on the minds of viewers (mature or not) and do not add any value to the forum: there are too many perverts already; don't inflame inordinate passions in people today and cry foul tomorrow when a close associate of yours is violated. This is my sincere plea!

11 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by thehomer: 7:15am On May 09, 2013
Seun:
. . . .
Rule 17 is the most controversial rule because it sounds unfair. My fellow moderators have debated this rule at length and it could not be changed. We cannot extend the prohibition against offence to other religions because that limits your freedom of speech, and we cannot remove that rule without jeopardizing security and the safety of lives. Sorry about this.

. . . .

This rule 17 is inconsistent and what you do with this is to actually patronize Muslims by saying they need special protections otherwise they'll go on a murderous rampage. That prohibition does limit the freedom of speech on this forum. Though it is within your prerogative to decide whether or not to grant posters here the freedom of speech, I think more speech is generally preferable to less especially when the reason for limiting speech "offense to religion".

To the Muslims out there who keep shouting about "Islamophobia", do you think this rule portrays your religion and its adherents in a good light? Is it "Islamophobia" to hold Islam to the same standard as other religions? How about holding Muslims to the same standards as other religious believers?

11 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:16am On May 09, 2013
Don't blame the guy.. Christians do not pick up machetes and guns because of a sentence, cartoon or movie cos their God fights for himself. Muslims on the other hand...

29 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by kevoh(m): 7:17am On May 09, 2013
When it comes to religion it's better you treat all parties involved equally or exclude them completely. I will take the latter in my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by badmeat(m): 7:17am On May 09, 2013
While the rules r okay,but no 17 is my problem,if its good for islam,then it should be good for xtians,pagans,Buddhist,etc,I believe in equal rights n justice,tanx#original niger delta dan dada#

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by nyabingi(m): 7:17am On May 09, 2013
you are actually creating more problems on this forum than solving, in the face of justice and equity all should be treated equally, you have now given more leverage to muslims and non christians alike to insult christianity!!!

5 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by daylae(m): 7:18am On May 09, 2013
onye ego:
Am seeing tinzs
rule 17 is the crux of the matter.

3 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by BarryX(m): 7:18am On May 09, 2013
Try Removing that Long list of the New post ! It makes commenting boring not that people read anyway cos I don't! If the rules are not new why the emphasis ! Still not impressed but it's your thing .. Do it the way you deem fit
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by safarigirl(f): 7:20am On May 09, 2013

Your mixed reaction to the "new" rules have not gone unnoticed. While most people actually liked them, many people had one complaint or the other. To address your concerns, I have modified rule 1,4, 13, 15, and 21. I believe you will be pleased with the changes: https://www.nairaland.com/1026/nairaland-forum-rules-regulations

This rules are not as new as many people think. They are essentially the rules we have been enforcing all along, but they have been expressed in a more compact form to encourage you to actually read them. I created the 1st draft on the 7th of April and my fellow moderators gave me a lot of feedback which I incorporated into the rules before publishing them yesterday.

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.
What kinda bull**** post is 'rule 17 can't be changed cos it limits freedom of speech'? The entire 21 rules limits freedom of speech! Maybe Christians should place a fatwa on your head since you (in conjunction with the goons) have termed only Islam a sacred religion. Our request is simple: Modify the rule or Scrap it totally. We don't want your apology, guys still dey vex. Meanwhile, who be the majority NLers wey support this dictatorship?

10 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Bigcake: 7:20am On May 09, 2013
Seun na useless yoruba man whr too dey fear those aboki. How dare u support Islam n throw Christianity to d cleaners. Am so bitter abt dis bullshit.Guy sit up make person no pour u acid. Na wetin?

5 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Seun(m): 7:20am On May 09, 2013
BarryX: Try Removing that Long list of the New post ! It makes commenting boring not that people read anyway cos I don't! If the rules are not new why the emphasis ! Still not impressed but it's your thing .. Do it the way you deem fit

I understand that it's inconvenient to have to scroll through the rules before each post, especially on mobile phones. This will be fixed soon.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by gothrones(m): 7:21am On May 09, 2013
Seun:

I am very sorry about this.

Take that 'sorry' and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. Coward. I do not understand why everyone is so afraid of those Muslims.

16 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by dhama(m): 7:22am On May 09, 2013
If my oga at the top do not include christianity in rule 17, then I will tel the whole world that he is a member of boko-haram

6 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by jadakiss213(m): 7:22am On May 09, 2013
Seun:

What is this guy saying for God's sake? U mean its okay to insult any religion but Islam..Rule 17 defies every form of logic and reasoning..Highly dissapointed in this fellow here.

6 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Burger01(m): 7:22am On May 09, 2013
Nairaland is becoming complex and confusing day by day... Smh.

sad
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by hustla(m): 7:22am On May 09, 2013
21. Please post in proper English and spell your words correctly.

seun wetin be dis? no make i vex ooooo,me wey no sabi type simple and correct English nko?? Spelling sef,na last i carry??
oya my Oga,wetin I go do na? sad

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by eriegua83: 7:22am On May 09, 2013
Seun your rule nos 17, no command, no sharia law nos 17 is totally unacceptable to xtaians because any insulting words thrown at our saviour nd God will lead to a serious religious war on NL, pls to avoid this rephrased that decree or abolish it totally. Our prophet Moses told us to take an eye for an eye, nd a tooth for a tooth, silence is not cawordice. Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:22am On May 09, 2013
you go fear constitution. Not all rules are written to be obeyed

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:23am On May 09, 2013
Seun:

Show that u are sorry by changing the rule no 17. Any body who apologize without making amend of his offence is not worthy of forgiveness, bear that in mind Seun

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19)

Brain Teaser: Guess The Country Names From The Pictures Below / How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy / Chad Troops In Nigerian Town For Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.