Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,399 members, 7,836,598 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland (22060 Views)

Concerning Our Catastrophic Loss Of Your Valuable Data / Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? / Golden Rules Of Life To Be Considered In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Go Down)

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by thoniann(m): 7:57am On May 09, 2013
and i still say, Bleep islam.

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:57am On May 09, 2013
Seun:

I am very sorry about this.
Bros, dont be sorry. Its not enough to be sorry, abeg, modify that rule. This is favoritism in disguise. Am so disappointed and your sorry wont change how nairaland members feel about this.

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:58am On May 09, 2013
This rule 17 dey pain me gaga, seun abi na so u dey fear?. Nawa ooooooooooo. I don tire for you ooo. Kai aru na eme

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by pankere(m): 7:58am On May 09, 2013
Mr Seun,what kind of freedom of speech are u promoting? You deliberatly single out one religion against insults at the detriment of others.Do you know you have just insulted every non-moslem member of this forum with your unbeleivably biased rule 17?and even rubbing it in our faces by saying you are promoting freedom of speech? Maybe you do not know the gravity of what you have just done but it will dawn on you soon.I actually thought you were more enlightened than this but maybe I was wrong.but you must know that freedom of speech cannot exist in a forum that cannot be fair to all.

3 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by mancheeutd(m): 7:58am On May 09, 2013
PapaBrowne: With rule 17, Seun is actually using sarcasm to take a jibe at Islam.

The rule reads thus: All other religions are peaceful, so no problems will be created if you express yourself freely.
Islam on the other hand is globally accepted as violent, hence we must all try to prevent violence by restricting our freedoms when it comes to issues of Islam.

now i understand better wat seun is tryin to say is that christianity is a religion of peace and thus they are slow to anger and violent and islam a religion of piss thus quick to anger violent ,rape, sucide, bombing etc

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:58am On May 09, 2013
Please, insert a tab to enable members deregister themselves from this forum since it is fast becoming islamised. That will be the real test of NL's acceptance or otherwise. Hit like if you think so.

11 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by frederal(m): 7:58am On May 09, 2013
So far that 17 remains, it makes the whole rule a jeopardy. A muslim brother, like I have seen cannot ridicule my Lord, Jesus, and I won't come against whatever he/she holds sacred, and by extension, remind them other things they might not like.
It is suggestive that all your moderators are of one religion, and if they are of sound mind, why shouldn't they like OBJECTIVISM.
We are in democracy, the rules that are binding on people, their opinions should be sought on it.
No to that #17!

1 Like

Ishilove:
So freedom of speech equals bash christianity? So freedom of speech does not extend to Islam but it extends to Christianity? So people are free to blaspheme and make a mockery of christianity all in the bloody name of freedom of speech? I am deeply offended by this Seun, and your curt 'sorry' does not change the fact that you are dishearteningly biased.

No, christianity is less retard than the other one( islam).

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by DanIlon(m): 7:58am On May 09, 2013
Black Peni5: Nairaland is slowly becoming an Fully Academic Forum. If these rules had been enforced strictly in the past, I can assure you Nairaland wouldn't have had as many members as it has today. Most people come here to have fun and not necessarily to debate, argue or proffer solutions to Nigeria's unending problems.

I'm still offended by rule 17 as it makes me understand that other religions can be freely insulted except Islam. Also rule 21 implies that poorly educated people will be banned from this forum.

Meanwhile you could also insert an unregister button for those people who may want to opt out of this New Rigid Institution. angry
we are not commtt biosphanous act here pls be sense,freely to insult motherfuck Christian too what it can bring for ? Darkness
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by dotcomnamename: 7:59am On May 09, 2013
Hi true Nairalanders,

The bitter truth is: ''With Rule 17'' SEUN is inviting/invited 'Boko Haram' to this Nairaland

Very soon you'll be seeing ''ID'' like 'Yakuna Haruna' 'Boko wahab' 'Bombo Haruna'

Seun u won take ur hand do yourself?

Nawa O!

7 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Ezyp(m): 8:00am On May 09, 2013
u and ur moderator got diiiiccck head....u enjoy it wen christains are ridicule especially catholics....
go to hell .....

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by daylae(m): 8:00am On May 09, 2013
@seun,if i were a muslim,i'll even see your reasons and claims as being offensive to islam,and not protecting it. You are not doing muslims a favour,rather,you are painting them black.

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Agbgift(f): 8:00am On May 09, 2013
Seun u better come and change this rule 17, if u don't want to start lossing fame and members. This was how a popular site called 9jabase died some yrs ago out of d ignorance of d owner and his moderators. For ur own gud, changed dat rule. Trust we nigerians, u will soon be tagged wift a bad name if u dnt do smtin nw.

7 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by bigt2(m): 8:00am On May 09, 2013
Seun: My Fellow Nairaland Members,

Your mixed reaction erm.... Point of correction, its plural, so you should have gone with reactions to the "new" rules have not gone unnoticed. While most people actually liked them, many people had one complaint or the other. To address your concerns, I have modified rule 1,4, 13, 15, and 21. I believe you will be pleased with the changes: https://www.nairaland.com/1026/nairaland-forum-rules-regulations

This These, remember rule 21 rules are not as new as many people think. They are essentially the rules we have been enforcing all along, but they have been expressed in a more compact form to encourage you to actually read them. I created the 1st draft on the 7th of April and my fellow moderators gave me a lot of feedback which I incorporated into the rules before publishing them yesterday. the mods are as well ignorant by pushing tonto dike's pix th the fp whereby they ignore insightful ones

Rule 17 is the most controversial rule because it sounds unfair. My fellow moderators have debated this rule at length and it could not be changed. We cannot extend the prohibition against offence to other religions because that limits your freedom of speech my foot , and we cannot remove we didnt say you should remove it, add Christianity and don't be partial!! that rule without jeopardizing security and the safety of lives. Sorry about this. [b]you need to be sorry for urself oooo[b]

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by nijaspace(m): 8:01am On May 09, 2013
Maybe sheun's number 17 is as a result of the fact that islam is a religion of pieces Sorry peace And is afraid they may come after nairaland office to enforce their peace.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Thermythorpe(f): 8:01am On May 09, 2013
chlowi:

YOU MUST REALLY THINK WE ARE STUPID !!!
Lyk him angry

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 8:01am On May 09, 2013
At the risk of appearing to tilt this thread to a religious debate or anything similar, i must confess rule 17 had me very very annoyed, so it's only Islam that ought to be respected?

By insulating Islam from abuse and offense without also taking Christianity into account,you have inadvertently sent a message that we can bash Christianity as much as we want.Or to you is Islam the only religion to be respected? Perhaps you are afraid of having your forum become a breeding ground for any future case of Islamic zealotry, then perhaps you should enforce this rule accordingly, the last time i checked Nigeria hasn't become an islamic state.

By the time you make Nairaland the University classroom your advisers have asked that you make it be and people wake up one day and realize there's no point logging on because all the fun is GONE, then it would be too late to have your million members back because they have gone to find their internet fun somewhere else.

All in all, there are better frameworks which can be used to sanitize the site... but going DRACONIAN IS WAY OUTTA LINE.

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by raqueal(f): 8:02am On May 09, 2013
Seun: My Fellow Nairaland Members,

Rule 17 is the most controversial rule because it sounds unfair. My fellow moderators have debated this rule at length and it could not be changed. We cannot extend the prohibition against offence to other religions because that limits your freedom of speech,

Seun, who is kidding who? Don't insult our intelligence. The freedom of speech you are trying so hard to preserve has already been violated by you.

Seun: and we cannot remove that rule without jeopardizing security and the safety of lives. Sorry about this.

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.

Qre there terrorists on nairaland?Are you or any of your moderators under terrorist attack by these people you seek to protect? Has your family members been taken as hostages in case you don't give in to their demands? Is nairaland under threat? Is there a database in your custody that contains sensitive information about nairaland members which could further reveal our identities? Are these terrorists privy to that knowledge and willing to attack and wipe us all out?

Your post reek of fear. Make us understand the exact nature of the threat we face if you accord christianity the same benefit you accord islam. Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by toluxa1(m): 8:02am On May 09, 2013
Seun is clearly an Atheist. The only reason I think the number 17 rule is in place is because he fears for his life. He has probably received threats from Boko Haram forum members. I swear, I have no doubt about this. Highly disappointed. So you do not believe in the power of Jesus to protect you from wolves?

Your reason is is even worse than the rule itself. It'll have been better you did not write that crap about freedom of speech. Nonsense.

Ban me if you like o, at least I'll know my freedom of speech level is now 0.

Iranu. Mtchewww

PS. And can you please remove the rules from the reply page please? We both know, nobody re-reads them everytime they want to post a reply. It just makes posting tedious.

4 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:02am On May 09, 2013
gothrones:

You have written lots of dumb posts over the years, but this takes the cake. Can you see the irony, bias, and stupidity of your remark? What is so special about a group of devils who find it amusing to bomb others in the name of their backward religion? And you claim to be an atheist. Idíot!
do u want boko harams to come and blow up nairaland?
Maybe someone is a gay, and he is fucckin mclatunji!
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by hassymo5(m): 8:04am On May 09, 2013
17. Don't post anything that could be considered offensive to Islam, especially in the muslim section.

22. 17. Don't post anything that could be considered offensive to Christianity, especially in the christain section.

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 8:04am On May 09, 2013
Seun:

I am very sorry about this.

O my Lawd!!!I think you are in a hot sit sir,and I believe someone is pointing a threatening gun at your head...
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by chlowi(f): 8:04am On May 09, 2013
I refuse to allow this topic sadden my day All ye children of ISHMEL ..

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Emmyk(m): 8:05am On May 09, 2013
I love this Part!
Black Peni5:
Meanwhile you could also insert an unregister button for those people who may want to opt out of this New Rigid Institution. angry

3 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by helpee(m): 8:07am On May 09, 2013
By this rule, seun has ridiculed islam. Islam can't sell his website, it will only bring a fatwa on his head cos of the murderous instinct of the so called religion of peace but just say that oyedepo is a thief and christ slept wit mardgalene, it will make front page. This has further confirmed my fear that if u add islam to anything including a websit, u get evrythin but peace. I think I just broke rule 17.

3 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by kaboninc(m): 8:07am On May 09, 2013
@Seun. Instead of explicitly protecting a particular religious group, why not make it general? Especially the rule no 17. Its alright to put a stop on insults to the Muslims. What if the Muslim fellow is at fault? My take is that it should be modified to include all religious groups and not one.

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by clerkent(m): 8:07am On May 09, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]21. Please post in proper
English and spell your words
correctly. Kai wetin be dis nah.oga at d top na wetin o0o.seun u hav any dicktionary for sale
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by unforgiven: 8:07am On May 09, 2013
there is a space in space where my space (website) is packed.

history is always a good teacher
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 8:08am On May 09, 2013
Dear All,
I want to appeal to All especially the Christians to exercise patience with Seun Osewa on Rule 17; (17. Don't post anything that could be considered offensive to Islam, especially in the muslim section). I came from a muslim background and one of the major discrepancy between Christianity and Islam is that the former is founded on this "Followers are not to assist their God as He is too powerful to need human assistant" while the later believed "Followers are encourage to fight in order to defend their God"

So with the above analyzes, there is no writing, painting or cartooning of Jesus in any kinds can never provoke a genuine. christian, because his foundation is rooted in 'my God will fight for Himself' but for my beloved Muslims; the reverse is the case. Again, I have never seen a genuine Muslim in support of what Boko Harams are doing to our nation. As majority in my family are muslims and we live in togetherness as one.

So with this understanding, we should love our muslims brethren and abide with Rule 17. This I believed is one of the sacrifices we (Nairalanders) must lived with in order to make our nation the better place in the world. Let us abide and respect the 'weakness' of other religion in the above Rule 17.

Please note; this is my personal opinion. May the genuine love of God reign forever in our hearts.

4 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by flashdrive87(m): 8:08am On May 09, 2013
Why is it ver hard to amend rule 17? It's obvious that ur a moslem and in one way or the other u've taken the BH fight to internet fight, u may even be a BH. Nevertheless, don't forget what happened to yahoo chat, people no longer use it and very soon, we'll leave nairaland for u and ur BH brothers

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 8:09am On May 09, 2013
HORY CRAP? WHY U STEAL MY MONGORIA BBQ....PHUCK NAIRALAND NEW RULES....

11. Don't create distracting posts e.g. posts in giant fonts or ALL CAPS or with silly gifs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19)

10 Yabs We yabbed Ourselves When We Were Young / What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? / Top 10 Highly-desired Skills You Can Teach Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.