Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland (21980 Views)

Concerning Our Catastrophic Loss Of Your Valuable Data / Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? / Golden Rules Of Life To Be Considered In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Go Down)

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by collynzo2(m): 7:39am On May 09, 2013
Seun:
It limits your freedom of speech. We do not want to limit your freedom of speech unless there is a very serious reason to do so.
But you have already done that or are you saying only the Muslims are prone to violence?

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by PapaBrowne(m): 7:40am On May 09, 2013
With rule 17, Seun is actually using sarcasm to take a jibe at Islam.

The rule reads thus: All other religions are peaceful, so no problems will be created if you express yourself freely.
Islam on the other hand is globally accepted as violent, hence we must all try to prevent violence by restricting our freedoms when it comes to issues of Islam.

16 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by nwabuife: 7:41am On May 09, 2013
I don't blame u Seun, u must have beg people n pray hard for pple to visit dis site and because today people now crowd d site, u feel u arrive and can talk to people who help u climb anyway,remember pride go b4 a fall! If u leave d site for muslims hungry will kill u! Christians are people makin dis site boom. Don't be rude to christians because you ll one day fucking CARE!

3 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by mike404(m): 7:41am On May 09, 2013
Seun: My fellow moderators have debated this rule at length and it could not be changed.
So all nairaland mods are muslims right Bros you no sabi lie o cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by wheesin(m): 7:43am On May 09, 2013
seun if u dont do something about rule 17..i will get angry and kidnap you and your daughter(thats if u have one)
We christians also have rules you know..its a counter to rule 17

4 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by trolling(m): 7:43am On May 09, 2013
and #17 is exactly what would trigger ww3 and its so easy to see judging frm people's reactions here

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by BusHouse(m): 7:44am On May 09, 2013
mike404: Sir kindly change rule 17 or you remove it entirely cuz nigeria is a circular state not an Islamic republic...And you should apologize to all nairalanders for this unholy act of yours angry
On point.

3 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by vanitty: 7:44am On May 09, 2013
Rule 17 should extend to other religion, not only is the rule very patronising to the 'real' Muslims but there is obvious partiality. I for one don't even bother going to the religion section anymore and it was a favourite of mine when you actually pick a thing or two from. Nowadays a very good topic that you can LEARN from becomes a joke after a few minutes all thanks to some atheists and other ignoramus
The other option is create another board for BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS, then another for Catholics, then another, then another etc
As the leader/owner, you must be seen as FAIR.

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by trolling(m): 7:44am On May 09, 2013
but he be like seun dey fear bokoharam ppl

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by sayso: 7:44am On May 09, 2013
Seun: My Fellow Nairaland Members,

Your mixed reaction to the "new" rules have not gone unnoticed. While most people actually liked them, many people had one complaint or the other. To address your concerns, I have modified rule 1,4, 13, 15, and 21. I believe you will be pleased with the changes: https://www.nairaland.com/1026/nairaland-forum-rules-regulations

This rules are not as new as many people think. They are essentially the rules we have been enforcing all along, but they have been expressed in a more compact form to encourage you to actually read them. I created the 1st draft on the 7th of April and my fellow moderators gave me a lot of feedback which I incorporated into the rules before publishing them yesterday.

Rule 17 is the most controversial rule because it sounds unfair. My fellow moderators have debated this rule at length and it could not be changed. We cannot extend the prohibition against offence to other religions because that limits your freedom of speech, and we cannot remove that rule without jeopardizing security and the safety of lives. Sorry about this.

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.

This is serious ooohhhh.But is it time to dive to Facebook? or start trooping to Linda's blog for information's?
Seun any smart programmers may leave you stranded cos of dis.

3 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by ademega(m): 7:46am On May 09, 2013
as for rule 17... u need to understand ds ;d fear of boko haram is the begining of wisdom.
who knows, mayb boko haram had made a call through to seun warning him against some coments sm nairaland members had bin making against islam. and ds rule may actualy be for seun's personal security and safty.who kns #justsaying#

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Ishilove: 7:46am On May 09, 2013
PapaBrowne: With rule 17, Seun is actually using sarcasm to take a jibe at Islam.

The rule reads thus: All other religions are peaceful, so no problems will be created if you express yourself freely.
Islam on the other hand is globally accepted as violent, hence we must all try to prevent violence by restricting our freedoms when it comes to issues of Islam.
Lol. Great logic. Buh despite this, he should extend that rule to other religions

3 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Itoroetti(m): 7:46am On May 09, 2013
Seun:

I am very sorry about this.
does sorry mean anything?u've done sumthng totally annoyng to a particular faith and this is something u can rectify,yet all u say is sory

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Eneze1(f): 7:48am On May 09, 2013
Seun this is really not fair, a rule that applies to one religion should apply to all, what you are trying to say in essence is that other religions can be trampled upon but not islam this is really portraying them in a very bad way i.e they are not tolerant

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by mancheeutd(m): 7:49am On May 09, 2013
wat do u mean by rule 17 is the most controversial this is a pure act of hypocrasy and cowardness seems are looking for favours from the religion of piss

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by luvinhubby(m): 7:50am On May 09, 2013
Seun let me paraphrase you:
"Insult Jesus Christ & get a pat on the back, lnsult Mohammed & be unceremoniously banned".
It's called double standard & those of us christians feel highly offended by it.

Nobody loves seeing his faith insulted, christians, muslims or others.
INSULTING ANY RELIGIOUS FAITH SHOULD BE DISCOURAGED ON NL!!

Click like if you agree with me

24 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by stunna2(m): 7:50am On May 09, 2013
gboss4sure: As regards to Rule 17, I think someone is holding seun on gun point, so chritianity is good to be insulted but islam is not good to be insulted. This is really funny.

It totally makes sense to conclude Seun is maybe getting death threats from some radical Muslims and demands have been made on him specifically saying he must put this particular rule that says Islam is above all other religion and nothing else will be acceptable!! Nothing else makes sense at all...

Is this how the people who rule Nigeria thinks which is responsible for the way nigeria is now?? Just wondering...

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:51am On May 09, 2013
oluwaseun osewa, the very best thing you could do is to modify the rule no 17 or you shld be ready to lose fame and popularity of this nairaland forum, Cos you are so biased and self centered....pls modify it.

4 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by palmwine(m): 7:52am On May 09, 2013
I sincerely feel all Christians should leave Seun's Nairaland in protest.

Let Seun and his Muslim brothers hold sway. I am leaving Nairaland for good until this rule 17 changes. Adiue!!

10 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:52am On May 09, 2013
Seun:
It limits your freedom of speech. We do not want to limit your freedom of speech unless there is a very serious reason to do so.

YOU ARE WRONG!!! angry

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by dotcomnamename: 7:53am On May 09, 2013

Your mixed reaction to the "new" rules have not gone unnoticed. While most people actually liked them, many people had one complaint or the other. To address your concerns, I have modified rule 1,4, 13, 15, and 21. I believe you will be pleased with the changes: https://www.nairaland.com/1026/nairaland-forum-rules-regulations

This rules are not as new as many people think. They are essentially the rules we have been enforcing all along, but they have been expressed in a more compact form to encourage you to actually read them. I created the 1st draft on the 7th of April and my fellow moderators gave me a lot of feedback which I incorporated into the rules before publishing them yesterday.

Rule 17 is the most controversial rule because it sounds unfair. My fellow moderators have debated this rule at length and it could not be changed. We cannot extend the prohibition against offence to other religions because that limits your freedom of speech, and we cannot remove that rule without jeopardizing security and the safety of lives. Sorry about this.

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.

Seun, ''Rule 17'' shouldn't be from you even if you're an atheist..
I must say am dissapointed in your ''Political brouhaha''
I'm dissapointed on your ''Self abnegnation''
I'm dissapointed in your ''Gymnosophic gyration''
Infact, i'm dissapointed in your ''Hocuspocus pooh pooh'' angry

9 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Burger01(m): 7:53am On May 09, 2013
By rule No.17, Seun has given more banning power to (and unnecessary hiding of posts by) the likes of Maclatunji and the rest of Islamic bigots on this forum. I see that Boko Haram apologist (Maclatunji) sipping Brukutu and putting on that devilish smile wherever he is.

What a big disappointment.

sad

6 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by antifat(m): 7:54am On May 09, 2013
Mr.Seun u said rule 17 is unfair and controversial,and u and ur MODs couldn't change it hmmmmmmm dats ridiculous!!!

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by spiceybrain(m): 7:54am On May 09, 2013
mr seun let me ask; are u a muslim that u are so bent on not changing rule no 17? u shud no that u are tryin to incite or cause religious war with this;dat is to say what u are tryin to avoid u will now be the one inviting to ur own forum!wot hapenned to equality for all?just put to all religions plsss.

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by gbame(m): 7:54am On May 09, 2013

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.

Seun, I didn't want to make a comment until I saw your reaction to Rule 17. Your reaction is VERY DISAPPOINTING. It shows that you are not only a Muslim, but a biased one. Also it shows that your sponsors not "fellow moderators" are biased Muslims. If you don't know what you have just done, consider this. You mean "post anything that could be considered offensive to other religions (Islam excluded), especially in the religions section. It means if I post anything offensive against other religions I will not not be banned, but if I post anything offensive about Islam I will be banned. If you don't know how to re-phrase Rule 17, let me do it for you.
RULE 17 RE-PHRASED
Don't post anything that could be considered offensive to any religion, especially in the Religion section.

5 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Input(m): 7:55am On May 09, 2013
like play like play 9ja de turn to islamic kontry.....even 4 internet....na wa o

7 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:56am On May 09, 2013
I think you guys are wasting your time...because it looks to me like Seun cares more about his silly moderators than his members....7. Don't post anything that could be considered offensive to Islam, especially in the muslim section. how does that makes sense to any rational thinking person?....The Nigerian education system has failed all of you... unless you are receiving threats from BOKO HARAM...IS THAT SO?

4 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by kalufelix(m): 7:56am On May 09, 2013
seun ah bin think say u get sense...ah no knw say dust don enta ur brain 4 dat rule 17.

Anyway me think rule 21 doesnt make any sense...

3 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by egift(m): 7:57am On May 09, 2013
Seriously as a Christian, am very disappointed with rule 17 - its very unlike you.

I just have to ask this?
Oga Seun, are Boko Haram after you?

3 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:57am On May 09, 2013
At the risk of appearing to tilt this thread to a religious debate or anything similar, i must confess rule 17 had me very very annoyed, so it's only Islam that ought to be respected?

By insulating Islam from abuse and offense without also taking Christianity into account,you have inadvertently sent a message that we can bash Christianity as much as we want.Or to you is Islam the only religion to be respected? Perhaps you are afraid of having your forum become a breeding ground for any future case of Islamic zealotry, then perhaps you should enforce this rule accordingly, the last time i checked Nigeria hasn't become an islamic state.

By the time you make Nairaland the University classroom your advisers have asked that you make it be and people wake up one day and realize there's no point logging on because all the fun is GONE, then it would be too late to have your million members back because they have gone to find their internet fun somewhere else.

All in all, there are better frameworks which can be used to sanitize the site... but going DRACONIAN IS WAY OUTTA LINE.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19)

Brain Teaser: Guess The Country Names From The Pictures Below / How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy / Chad Troops In Nigerian Town For Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.