Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,199 members, 7,853,089 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:01 AM

How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson (33707 Views)

Most Ladies On NL Are Becoming Rude, Ill Mannered And Boastful!!! / Why Are The Handsome Men Less Boastful Than The Ugly Ones / Why Are Married Men Boastful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by okoye653(m): 9:03am On May 10, 2013
dahdah: U WON'T TELL US IF THE GUY ***** U
things with women if de guy had bad intention she would have been telling a different story now or won't have posted this either.
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by rman: 9:05am On May 10, 2013
kulyie: i am in my 4os sorry 8-) and my approach to guys can never change.i am not a man ass licker,neither am i a desperado or a marriage freak,thank you cheesy

This post confirms my thoughts.

You are lonley and bitter. You may be 40,but you express yourelf like a 20yr old. Unfortunately, girls like you will continue to act like being in a relatiship with a man does not matter, but deep down, you know something is missing.

You have more than 20 posts on this thread alone all in support of a childish way of handling a simple matter. Your support of the poster is a deep rooted hatred for men.

A failed attempt at love does not make everyman evil.

You need to get over your past, or, your were not rasied in a loving caring home.

5 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by dapsonlou(m): 9:05am On May 10, 2013
hungry girl, your type is call i never chop, if the guy live a Jet set life and his telling u about it, hes not bragging, hes only telling u his experience, your level and your inferiority complex that made u feel his bragging and showing off. abeg date on your level. it's not bragging if you live it always remember that so u don't chase away a good man next time
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Idowuogbo(f): 9:07am On May 10, 2013
rman:

This post confirms my thoughts.

You are lonley and bitter. You may be 40,but you express yourelf like a 20yr old. Unfortunately, girls like you will continue to act like being in a relatiship with a man does not matter, but deep down, you know something is missing.

You have more than 20 posts on this thread alone all in support of a childish way of handling a simple matter. Your support of the poster is a deep rooted hatred for men.

A failed attempt at love does not make everyman evil.

You need to get over your past, or, your were not rasied in a loving caring home.

Stalker!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by okoye653(m): 9:08am On May 10, 2013
what did u archive now instead of telling him the truth u decide to do That
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Idowuogbo(f): 9:10am On May 10, 2013
okoye653: what did u archive now instead of telling him the truth u decide to do That
shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by freecocoa(f): 9:13am On May 10, 2013
Idowuogbo:
shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin
She devil like you grin grin.
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Idowuogbo(f): 9:18am On May 10, 2013
freecocoa: She devil like you grin grin.
U cant greet abi? angry angry
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by loswhite(m): 9:29am On May 10, 2013
val_dee: Another bashing thread in the making.

Anyway, I promise youu one thing, Nlers will analyse this closely and postulate why, despite realising he braggs so much, you still went out with him on the second date.

You may not find it funny then.
she ate the first day to the extent that she was sleeping. How can she miss the second date ... Doing exactly wat u r complaining abt on nl BRAGGING
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by freecocoa(f): 9:30am On May 10, 2013
Idowuogbo:
U cant greet abi? angry angry
Ah ma bi nu o, ekaro ma.
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by greedie1(f): 9:32am On May 10, 2013
i don't think wasting money and ordering for things u don't want is an adequate way of teaching him a lesson.

you shouldnt ve gone on a 2nd date with him...since u did, u should ve told him u cared naught about his supposed achievements or u should ve started a bragging game and beat him at it grin

but not order for things u don't need. cz now he doesn't know he brags alot, he prolly thinks u are an opportunist and and der was no lesson taught or learnt.

you should apologize to d millions of nigerians without food.

2 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by 190: 9:47am On May 10, 2013
Popowaa has suffered
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by repogirl(f): 9:59am On May 10, 2013
Girl you get mind to go on second date, been in those shoes a few times b4 but one occasion stands out because I was bored to tears, I swear I was nodding off to sleep and the guy kept on talking like he didn't notice. I could count the number of words I said all thru d date. From that day any time he called, na busy busy I dey form aaabeg I no fit shout, boredom can kill. He got the message after a while.

P.s for him to still ask u out on a third date, he's either a slowpoke or u're one hell of a babe.
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by lafflaff123(m): 10:05am On May 10, 2013
Quite an interesting story.

Truth be told and i don't mean to belittle you in any way, you guys both acted a script in a childish play.

Some people are just naturally a talkertive, and innocently sometimes don't know where and how to draw a thin line between being boastful, story telling and trying to impress somebody. And again money and achievements are things that cab be hidden, and if a guy is succesful, he does not even need to say it or prove it in anyway as success speaks for itself, and that was where he acted childishly.

From the post@OP i can tell you have not really been around or still at that age where ordering food and not eating them is your idea of dealing with a guy,and honestly it does not show that you are mean, but it shows you are very childish, because a lady with class or maturity in anyway, would simply if not comfortable with her date, look for any reason to end the date and leave without resorting to a childish act.

And there was no need for you not to pick his call, as you could have told him or actually sent him a text message telling him the reasons you will not appreciatae him calling you again. Tell him about his boastful nature, and you might even be helping him to be a changed person and this my friend is how grown ups do things.

I always have one or two stories to add to my posts and yours brought back one memory. about 8 years ago(Christmas period i think) a childhood friend of mine (we both live in different parts of the world but agreed to be in Nigeria that Dec) still dont know where or how Ify my guy made arrangements for this beautiful college girls to be with us. Anyway we took them out and one in particular kept eating plates and plates of Fish peppersoup and kept on Drinking cans of Redbull.

It was scary.

The eating part did not scare me, but the Redbull part did. Again, she was the only one not drinking alcohol but there i was scratching my head and thinking, does this girl know the implications of what she is doing?its called an energy drink for a reason and going on 8 cans so far is really abnormal.

Later she started speaking her native language(my friend is an easterner like them too and understood her) telling her friends that they are not going to CHEAT her because she does not drink alcohol, so she will be drinking Redbull, and when my friend told me the next day i nearly died from laughing. I was genuinely scared for her health not knowing she was thinking drinking cheap redbull is WACKING money.

So @ poster you do meet different kinds of people in this world.
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by ebichy(f): 10:12am On May 10, 2013
Ordered for stuff u did not eat... U swear!! U have actually shown how hungry u can b, if i may ask how old r u?? U dnt lyk aguy coz he brags must u go out with him? See u were luck u met a cool headed guy. My advice dnt tink all men r same... B wise not stupid!
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by blesszzy(m): 10:25am On May 10, 2013
Inik: This way kulyie is all over this thread makes me strongly suspect that kulyie = Popowaa

abi ooo, i thought as much

2 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Idowuogbo(f): 10:25am On May 10, 2013
lafflaff123: Quite an interesting story.

Truth be told and i don't mean to belittle you in any way, you guys both acted a script in a childish play.

Some people are just naturally a talkertive, and innocently sometimes don't know where and how to draw a thin line between being boastful, story telling and trying to impress somebody. And again money and achievements are things that cab be hidden, and if a guy is succesful, he does not even need to say it or prove it in anyway as success speaks for itself, and that was where he acted childishly.

From the post@OP i can tell you have not really been around or still at that age where ordering food and not eating them is your idea of dealing with a guy,and honestly it does not show that you are mean, but it shows you are very childish, because a lady with class or maturity in anyway, would simply if not comfortable with her date, look for any reason to end the date and leave without resorting to a childish act.

And there was no need for you not to pick his call, as you could have told him or actually sent him a text message telling him the reasons you will not appreciatae him calling you again. Tell him about his boastful nature, and you might even be helping him to be a changed person and this my friend is how grown ups do things.

I always have one or two stories to add to my posts and yours brought back one memory. about 8 years ago(Christmas period i think) a childhood friend of mine (we both live in different parts of the world but agreed to be in Nigeria that Dec) still dont know where or how Ify my guy made arrangements for this beautiful college girls to be with us. Anyway we took them out and one in particular kept eating plates and plates of Fish peppersoup and kept on Drinking cans of Redbull.

It was scary.

The eating part did not scare me, but the Redbull part did. Again, she was the only one not drinking alcohol but there i was scratching my head and thinking, does this girl know the implications of what she is doing?its called an energy drink for a reason and going on 8 cans so far is really abnormal.

Later she started speaking her native language(my friend is an easterner like them too and understood her) telling her friends that they are not going to CHEAT her because she does not drink alcohol, so she will be drinking Redbull, and when my friend told me the next day i nearly died from laughing. I was genuinely scared for her health not knowing she was thinking drinking cheap redbull is WACKING money.

So @ poster you do meet different kinds of people in this world.
BUSH PIG! grin
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Idowuogbo(f): 10:26am On May 10, 2013
freecocoa: Ah ma bi nu o, ekaro ma.
Karo my dear! Awayu? kiss
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by blaise26abj(m): 10:28am On May 10, 2013
kulyie: na wa o.wonders shall never end on nairaland.so the way to revenge is by raping and killing a lady.now i believe a person (name disclosed) when he or she said some men are supposed to be in the zoo.they are not supposed to be human at all because most of their traits are animalistic

Please what is the wonder in what i posted? Is it today things like that started? Why are u surprised? Or are you new in this world?

Also think deeply before quoting what some "disclosed" people said. The person said nothing spectacular. It like saying some bags of rice are not parboiled. What is unbelievable about that?
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by mydex93(f): 10:37am On May 10, 2013
The bible tells us we're 2 bear d pain of ridicule without flinching..When u face scorn 4rm pple who dnt understand ur convictions abt certain tins like dating en all.instead of lashing out, respond wiv kindness ....am nt too down wiv d way sm pple pass insults here.. Its wot she doesnt like abt guys..u shud put up urs nt lashing out vulgar words..Plz Nl is supposed 2 be for matured minds na
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by loswhite(m): 10:48am On May 10, 2013
kulyie: lmao cheesy cheesy cheesy if na me i go dash am the phone.cheesy the only thing wey go pain me na the sim cheesy e better make phone go than for one person to shine my congo because im buy me food,tufiaaaa cheesy pride no go gree me go :p ...ehen mr,back to your own issue o,how you go make me pay for all the things if na me be the person :p
are u the op? Why r u carrying the thread like bag of rice on ur head or is ur food stuff finish?
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Nobody: 11:02am On May 10, 2013
rappers N MUSICIANS BOAST ABOUT HOW THEY ARE GONNA DO THINGS IN THEIR SONGS AND THESE GIRLS SING ALONG, BUT WHEN A REGULAR GUY WITH THE MEANS SAYS THE SAME THING ALL HELL IS SPILLED. GET A GRIP BE-ACH!
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by loswhite(m): 11:04am On May 10, 2013
kulyie: errm to be sincere really op did not punish the guy in any way.she only made herself look s#tupid.she should have done something much more matured wink but i get her point though 8-)
like u did...smh
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Nobody: 11:13am On May 10, 2013
Una still dey here? Abeg, lemme follow sharp-sharp! grin grin
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by CeCeBillz(f): 11:20am On May 10, 2013
Girls that make other girls look like a Bitch cry, grow up asshole, u n ur story are so lame in fact Bleep off undecided
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Princestylz(m): 11:21am On May 10, 2013
Popowaa: Ever Gone On A Date With A Braggart Before?

I went out on a date on Sunday with this guy who had this very amazing personality. We started talking and I was initially enjoying it till he started bragging. He bragged throughout the night about what he has achieved in his young life, flaunting his phones and how he has travelled around the world and all those unnecessary stuff. I was starting to get bored so I pretended to doze off and he shook me up and asked me if I wanted to go home. I just told him he was talking too much so I wanted to go home.

He asked me out on Tuesday and it was even worse than Sunday. The guy bragged so much I decided to teach him a lesson. I ordered so much food I didn't even touch it. He kept asking if I wouldn't eat and I told him I will. This guy was insisting on me ordering more stuff since money is not a problem to him. I ordered more and ordered for a takeaway for my sis. But I swear I didn't eat anything. The guy started complaining when he had to pay saying I had wasted the food and money and I told him he can let them pack it for him. LOL.

He has been calling me since and i ve not not answered.I dont think i want to date a guy like dat but if he insist i will show him pepper.
na xo some ladies go do till dey loose there 1st, 2nd nd supplementry future hubby and latter turn to Iya n dagbe. @45
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by CeCeBillz(f): 11:25am On May 10, 2013
Story that scratch the armpit
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Nobody: 11:35am On May 10, 2013

2 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Nobody: 11:41am On May 10, 2013
[quote author=sanb]@Op; If the bragging irritated you, the best option would’ve been for you to tell him. There’s a possibility he might not have known he was bragging. He just might’ve thought he was entertaining you with his achievements with no harm intended….

You “Dozed-off” on a date? How do you think that made him feel? Out of courtesy/respect for your date; it’s only imperative for one to at least stay awake. May be (and I’m not saying you didn’t contribute to the conversation; cos I wasn’t there) you could’ve said a few things about yourself as well to take the boredom away…..

It just shows you enjoyed his bragging (No offense intended) otherwise why go on a second date? Whatever for ehh….

Have you ever seen a child who goes to sleep without having anything to eat; cos they've no means to get any food? Spare a thought for such ones and think about them when ordering food you won’t eat…millions of people around the world go to bed without food; cos they can’t afford to buy food…..

#Justasking; and I don’t mean to be harsh; but if someone wasted you money like that, how would you feel?

Always remember the saying “What goes around comes around”...

Finally, in this life, one has to thread very carefully and not take peoples’ generosity for granted; cos you don’t know how they’ll be of help to you tomorrow….I rest my case…
[/quote
everything here is so on point
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by freecocoa(f): 11:57am On May 10, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Karo my dear! Awayu? kiss
Ayam fine o, awo bite you?
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Idowuogbo(f): 12:02pm On May 10, 2013
freecocoa: Ayam fine o, awo bite you?
Wots awo?
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by ezemoses(m): 12:08pm On May 10, 2013
i also hate people wh brag. be it lady or guy NEW KID IN THE BLOCK grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? / Why Do Some Ladies Invite Their Ex-boyfriends To Their Wedding? / Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.