Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,168 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Where Are All The Real Pastors? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Are All The Real Pastors? (16036 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M / Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by ChrisGnarly: 3:23pm On May 11, 2013
@50calibre. u say so cos Kumuyi ve started fading down slowly? all of them will soon fade like him and d new fake once will come up again. if ur juju fade what nest u either go and renew or u fade down d new once now come up too. d real once ar there forever they ar there till dy death do them part. is pastor chris (christ embasy) still d same as compare to 5 yrs ago or so?

1 Like

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by 50calibre(m): 3:23pm On May 11, 2013
HNosegbe:

It's not your place to categorically state who is and isn't a true man of God.

No it's in my place to state because even the bible says, by their fruits, we shall know them.
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 11, 2013
Hosea.4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.7 As they were increased, so they sinned against me: therefore will I change their glory into shame. 8 They eat up the sin of my people, and they set their heart on their iniquity.9 And there shall be, like people, like priest: and I will punish them for their ways, and reward them their doings.10 For they shall eat, and not have enough: they shall commit whoredom, and shall not increase: because they have left off to take heed to the Lord.
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by gentlegg(m): 3:36pm On May 11, 2013
The only true pastor is a pastor who does not commit sin because he cannot sin because he is born of God 1john 3:9.
Any pastor that still commit sin is not a real pastor.

1 Like

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 11, 2013
gentlegg: The only true pastor is a pastor who does not commit sin because he cannot sin because he is born of God 1john 3:9.
Any pastor that still commit sin is not a real pastor.
shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

So there are no true pastors?
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 11, 2013
Jesus made it clear to us that there are no good pastors any where.

Luke 18:19
"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 11, 2013
In deeper life. Lol..i'm joking.
As mr bible said..jesus said no one's good except God. Sooooo....

1 Like

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by aku626(m): 3:51pm On May 11, 2013
why look for real pastors? hasn't the bible warned you about fakes? hence for a fail-safe he left the holy spirit let Him guide you in all your doings even in choosing your church and what you digest from the pastors we have around. no need to defend or judge any pastor we all have ourselves to account for at the end not for the pastors

2 Likes

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by fuckluv(f): 3:53pm On May 11, 2013
Ofcourse there are still real pastors! My pastor is one. wink This is one man who works for his money and is being very generous with it. He is not one to force 'tithe' on his congregation as he doesn't even live by that. tongue
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by mrakin(m): 3:54pm On May 11, 2013
1Timothy 3:1-7
That statement is faithful.+⁠

If any man is reaching out for an office of overseer,⁠*⁠+⁠ he is desirous of a fine work. 2 The overseer⁠*⁠ should therefore be irreprehensible,+⁠ a husband of one wife, moderate+⁠ in habits,⁠*⁠ sound in mind,+⁠ orderly,⁠*⁠+⁠ hospitable,⁠*⁠+⁠ qualified to teach,+⁠ 3 not a drunken brawler,⁠*⁠+⁠ not a smiter,⁠*⁠+⁠ but reasonable,⁠*⁠+⁠ not belligerent,⁠*⁠+⁠ not a lover of money,+⁠ 4 a man presiding over⁠*⁠ his own household in a fine manner,+⁠ having children in subjection with all seriousness;+⁠ 5 (if indeed any man does not know how to preside over his own household, how will he take care of God’s congregation?) 6 not a newly converted man,⁠*⁠+⁠ for fear that he might get puffed up [with pride]+⁠ and fall into the judgment passed upon the Devil.+⁠ 7 Moreover, he should also have a fine testimony⁠*⁠ from people on the outside,+⁠ in order that he might not fall into reproach and a snare+⁠ of the Devil.

3 Likes

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Ruthygil: 4:04pm On May 11, 2013
I am happy that there are people who really knows who a pastor is and what he ought to do. I want to assure you that there are several churches and several pastors that are doing the right thing in this country. They may not be loud after all Our Lord Jesus Christ was not a loud person. His works spoke for Him. I also want to advise you not to be bothered to the detriment of your Soul. Keep praying for the Church in Nigeria and the World at large and finally be rapturable because Heaven should be your ultimate.

1 Like

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by REVOLUTNIS: 4:05pm On May 11, 2013
Anthiga: Mr 'true faith' respect the belief of your neighbour...why should yours be the only way...teach your mind to grow
Don't mind that senseless man. fake and dubious pastors like him makes the biggest noise.
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Elevation(m): 4:10pm On May 11, 2013
50calibre: There is only one real pastor in Nigeria who follows the teaching of Christ to the last, and the man's name is - PASTOR W.F KUMUYI. The rest are only concerned with material wealth and what they can extort from their congregation.
50calibre: There is only one real pastor in Nigeria who follows the teaching of Christ to the last, and the man's name is - PASTOR W.F KUMUYI. The rest are only concerned with material wealth and what they can extort from their congregation.
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Otseh: 4:11pm On May 11, 2013
Pastor Kun:

I am really not interested in alfa and islamic clerics, I write to promote the true faith which is based on the teachings of christ.
your faith that has no standard, innovations every now and then on how to milk members dry, is the true faith abi?
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by BarryX(m): 4:11pm On May 11, 2013
REVOLUTNIS:
Don't mind that senseless man. fake and dubious pastors like him makes the biggest noise.
Sir, you have to call him senseless to show you respect other peoples opinion !

1 Like

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by orgasticdance: 4:20pm On May 11, 2013
Pastor Kun:

I am really not interested in alfa and islamic clerics, I write to promote the true faith which is based on the teachings of christ.

Christian hubris!

What makes the teachings you promote true anyway? Remind me again about that holy book that tells you so?
And by the way if you want a better understanding of what your cohort and their herd of followers are going through which should sensibly be construed as human nature and nothing more you're better of looking to the ideas of some of other "human and here on earth" thinkers whose teachings are far more thought provoking when they are wrong or illogical than any of the misleading doctrines your professed faith espouses!
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by REVOLUTNIS: 4:23pm On May 11, 2013
Pastor Kun:

pastor kun, aka "promoter of faiths." did Jesus Christ called u (if u are calld) to promote faith, castigate others, faultfinding or to preach the Gospel? as i said earlier, the most corrupt people makes the biggest noise. learn to open ur mind b4 opening that ur gutter. one more thing, stop poking ur nose in other pples's business u are not the God or the devil that called them. If there are no genuine pastors then bcome one afterall u call urself a "pastor"

2 Likes

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by aiksneffects: 4:43pm On May 11, 2013
I have been wondering if there are any real pastors in Nigeria. Everybody is only after money and fame.
Their main tactic is to put fear into people by attributing every problem the people have to evil spirit and devil.
check out this website:
http://vimeo.com/31413008

I will recomend any of you guys to watch these guys preach (on youtube) and compare them to nigerian preachers.

DANNY CASTLE

JACK HYLES

STEVEN ANDERSON
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by omeiz93: 5:13pm On May 11, 2013
Please, dont condemn any pastor unless you can back ur statement with a proof. Most of today's pastors today dont preach d word of God because of their parochial view or wat they stand to gain. U can imagine a pastor praising one politician or the other becos of what they hav benefited from such person. May God deliver all of us. Amen.
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by mohioma: 5:51pm On May 11, 2013
Why do we av so many divsions,why is d body of christ divided? #a song by a gospel musician#
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by solomon111(m): 6:06pm On May 11, 2013
you are not the holyspirit to determine which pastor is real or not.
Btw,does kumuyi preaches tithe?
If he does,then he is not different from the ones you are condemning.

1 Like

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by PastorKun(m): 6:07pm On May 11, 2013

1 Like

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by GoodSamaritan: 6:08pm On May 11, 2013
[quote
author=Pastor Kun]So what happens when the Pastors are busy copying
themselves especially in the financial modelling that they have reckoned
as the manifestation of success in Ministry? do you still get the
pastor you deserve then? No doubt there are a few out there that are not
infatuated by money and how to use gimmickry to pull it out of the
pockets of the dazzled and mesmerized members, but overall, the true
proof of pastoral care is lost.

Jesus asked - 'what do you want me to do for you'?
The pastor is a shepherd and should be ready to lay his life down for
the sheep, is that the case of most pastors? Hell no, they haven't cared
enough to lay down their unnecessary desire to compete with the
corporate world in showcasing the trappings of financial success.
How would they care for the sheep? How would they not have a desire to
bring the sheep together to milk/fleece them so they can keep up
appearances that 'The Lord is Good All the time'?

The ministry is not an enterprise or business, its a work of sacrifice,
not a profit driven, heartless endeavor to maximize returns but a
selfless love driven effort to reach out to those that God brings your
way with the mind of doing your best in every way to make their lives
better because by gathering them, certainly you would be better too.

Instead of turning the blind eye and throwing all these funny ridiculous
sayings about, put pressure on your pastor to make him/her more like
Jesus and be the good shepherd that cares more for others than for
himself, gives to others more than what he gives to himself.[/quote]

You are a gross disappointment if you are not a real pastor, yet looking for a real pastor. You should be number one on the list. Otherwise, you are a shame to God and Heaven.

Are you a real pastor?
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by GoodSamaritan: 6:10pm On May 11, 2013
[quote
author=DrummaBoy]Pastor R B Thieme pastored the Berachah church for
over 50 yrs b4 passing away in 2009.
He taught God's word with earnestness and still has his tapes and books
around today.

He did not preach tithe but the Berachah church people must be crazy
givers bc hundreds of request for his tapes and books are made to the
ministry almost daily and the ministry send them to people worldwide
free of charge.

I know bc I have benefited.

They add a little cerveat though: That God gives Bible doctrine and in
our bid to reflect his grace wish to desciminate them free of charge. If
however You're blessed by this ministry you may wish to support
financially as you feel led but no compulsion is placed on individuals
to give.

I do not know a single church in Nigeria that does this, though many
collect tithe.

That for me is true ministry and the work/result of a true
pastor.[/quote]

I got born again on April 16, 1986 & have read several books, including that of R. B. Thieme. Unfortunately, Thieme preaches heresies. For example, he doesn't believe the blood of Jesus saves. Visit www.jesus-is-savior.com/../thieme.htm for details.

Therefore, it is dangerous for you to believe his teachings. It is even more dangerous to teach others to believe the teachings of such a man. You had better paid your tithe & stop arguing blindly

1 Like

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by ckkris: 6:17pm On May 11, 2013
obadiah777: NO SUCH THING AS A REAL PASTOR
Do you mean there are no false pastors?
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by trolling(m): 6:29pm On May 11, 2013
All the real pastor are hidden... The kingdom of Elohim is like a treasure hidden in a field but we see whorehouses on every corner just like ashawo
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by cold(m): 6:34pm On May 11, 2013
The diehard followers of the so called 'my God is not a poor God' mentality driven pastors will do anything to protect their demi gods even when it is glaring that this type of gospel is deeply flawed. They don't want to rock the boat for fear of speaking against the 'man of God' who in their estimation is infallible. It's a sorry state of affairs.
I have often opined,if you seek a career in brainwashing the gullible..i'll recommend the Bible as a career guide.

1 Like

Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 11, 2013
JudismphD: Same goes for Alfa and islamic cleric selling black soap to prevent ill luck to swindle gullible Pple.

U are senseless
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by Limaoscar: 6:57pm On May 11, 2013
The level to which the institutional church today has denigrated to is really appalling. There is little or no semblance to the churches established by the apostles, infact the only thing in common I see is that the modern church still uses the name of Jesus though in some churches members defer more to their mog than Jesus himself. The church today is really in a very very bad state.

so @op,
what are you going to contribute personally to bring about a change?
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by salt1: 7:15pm On May 11, 2013
The Bible cautions us against judging other people's servant but when it comes to the issue of faith, Jesus himself said by their fruits you shall know them.
There are real pastors who're weeping over the sheep, nurturing them and guiding them They may not be popular or well-known but heaven knows them. I listened to one sister who God showed heaven and hell talk of how some pastors go to India, Ghana and Ijebu-Ode to acquire power to attract and retain a large congregation.

But every person is ultimately accountable and responsible for his own actions or inactions. You can't blame your pastor if you fail to please God and not make heaven. The bible is an open book and is so cheap that anybody can buy and read for himself. We have also been given the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth.
Instead of seeking for true pastors, let's seek for Him who is the Way, the Truth and the Life. A personal intimate relationship with Him will guide us from error.
Many people lived god-pleasing lives even when there were no Bibles and no pastors. The Bible says we should look up to Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, not a fallible pastor.
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by proproman(m): 7:51pm On May 11, 2013
Well, sometimes it's not so much that the pastors brazenly fleece their flock.....sometimes it's just an issue of self deception and self justification. They might say to themselves "if there is no money in the house of God, how is the house of God supposed to take care of its flock?" Good question at face value, but when you realize that there are some "houses of God" that are practically rolling in money and yet do nothing about the suffering quarter of their congregation. Where then lies their previous justification if they now have the money, but do next to nothing for the people that, out of the little they earn monthly, ensure they don't default on their tithes?
Re: Where Are All The Real Pastors? by proproman(m): 7:58pm On May 11, 2013
salt 1: The Bible cautions us against judging other people's servant but when it comes to the issue of faith, Jesus himself said by their fruits you shall know them.
There are real pastors who're weeping over the sheep, nurturing them and guiding them They may not be popular or well-known but heaven knows them. I listened to one sister who God showed heaven and hell talk of how some pastors go to India, Ghana and Ijebu-Ode to acquire power to attract and retain a large congregation.

But every person is ultimately accountable and responsible for his own actions or inactions. You can't blame your pastor if you fail to please God and not make heaven. The bible is an open book and is so cheap that anybody can buy and read for himself. We have also been given the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth.
Instead of seeking for true pastors, let's seek for Him who is the Way, the Truth and the Life. A personal intimate relationship with Him will guide us from error.
Many people lived god-pleasing lives even when there were no Bibles and no pastors. The Bible says we should look up to Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, not a fallible pastor.

This has been my advocacy in part, though not completely. i believe everybody has been created by God to connect in a special specific way with him. It could be in prayer, singing, solving problems......you'll find that there are certain things you do that makes you feel like you've been elevated to another plane, like you're fulfilling a purpose you were specially made for.

I believe in being spiritual, not religious. Religiousness, if i can use such a word, has given us a lot of the problems we have today. It's wat makes some people feel entitled over other people, to make other people their business instead of focusing on themselves first. It's also what makes people feel they can take decisions for God and decide what is right and what isn't, instead of leaving issues for God to handle his own way and pray for his will to be done.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Ebelenna Chukwu Claims To 'Turn Water To Wine' (video) / Scripture Library: Scriptures from the Bible and their meaning / Pentecostal Holiness Church Collapses In South Africa, Kills 13 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.