Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,539 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

How Manly Is Your Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Manly Is Your Man (2585 Views)

10 Manly Qualities Women Are Jealous Of! / 6 Manly Qualities In Men That Women Absolutely Dig ⁠ / Manly Ladies ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Manly Is Your Man by merciie(f): 11:42pm On May 09, 2013
How Manly Is Your Man
Over the years, different debates have sprung up on the things that make a man a manly man and not a gay. These debates are probably one of the most discussed debates in human history and maybe one of the most ridiculous.

Most women have come to agree to some things that make a man manly and these things, albeit trivial, seem to be widely accepted by women of different races and colour all over the world.

Want to find out what these things are? Easy;

1. A man should know how to kill roaches, rodents, ants and whatever household pest that is. If he jumps in fright like his woman would, then he has fallen short of expectation and he has worse, lost his manliness. He is expected to deal with the pests and show his woman she is safe around the house when he is there. He is expected to save the day. Anything short of this and he is no manly man.

2. He should know how to fix bulbs, small electrical appliances and any other thing that needs fixing around the house. A woman expects her man to step in and help the situation by performing some magic and putting the faulty things in good condition. It doesn’t matter if he is a knowledgeable or not. Those things just must get fixed.

3. He should know how to change car tyres. Oh, if he has no idea how to do this then he just can’t be manly. He must be a gay not to know how to change car tyres. Men are expected to be delivered from heaven with an in built manual that lists tyre changing(admist other chores) in their “know how” list.

4. He must know how to rock his woman’s world in bed. I mean let’s face it, what makes a man a man if he can’t make his woman moan and forget her name while he pleasures her? Even men would agree with women all over that is the ultimate man’s manliness.

Re: How Manly Is Your Man by Caracta(f): 11:57pm On May 09, 2013
"He must be a
gay not to know how to change car tyres."

Like seriously? I mean, like seriously? Where do you people copy all these things from? I'm curious.

He must be able to kill roaches too. Ha! shocked shocked shocked

I fix light bulbs and electrical appliances in my house. Am i a manly man too?

2 Likes

Re: How Manly Is Your Man by KnegroDamus: 12:14am On May 10, 2013
4. He must know how to rock his woman’s world in bed. I mean let’s face it, what makes a man a man if he can’t make his woman moan and forget her name while he pleasures her? Even men would agree with women all over that is the ultimate man’s manliness.
This last one is silly

The female orgasm has much more to do with the woman herself than the guys manliness...

1 Like

Re: How Manly Is Your Man by merciie(f): 12:43am On May 10, 2013
Caracta: "He must be a
gay not to know how to change car tyres."

Like seriously? I mean, like seriously? Where do you people copy all these things from? I'm curious.

He must be able to kill roaches too. Ha! shocked shocked shocked

I fix light bulbs and electrical appliances in my house. Am i a manly man too?

Yes I would find it quite odd that my "man" doesn't know how to change car tyres,
As per your sexuality, your profile indicates you're a female but since you asked IF you're a manly man,(forget about your bearded face,deep voice and thick muscular arms) you need to get examined, I aint a professional
Re: How Manly Is Your Man by Nobody: 2:30am On May 10, 2013
merciie:

Yes I would find it quite odd that my "man" doesn't know how to change car tyres,
As per your sexuality, your profile indicates you're a female but since you asked IF you're a manly man,(forget about your bearded face,deep voice and thick muscular arms) you need to get examined, I aint a professional

Ms Woman. Yes I am all those things. But here's the thing....to be with a man, you have to be a woman. Therefore...

Be prepared to thoroughly clean my house whenever you come over. You will be expected to do my laundry, underwear included. You will also be expected to not leave without cooking some serious food that will last me for that whole work week. Anything short of these requirements...then I'm sorry, you ain't no woman.

Also, if you happen to be able to do all these things and YET fail to come blessed/equipped with a big booty and a small waist...then none of the above matters. You failed at being a woman right from the get go undecided

....luckily for everyone, no-one that's a real man/woman thinks in these terms.

2 Likes

Re: How Manly Is Your Man by Caracta(f): 8:08am On May 10, 2013
Hahahahahaha.

@2buff, funny guy. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Hehehehe. Correct!

@OP, i'm a woman. Lemme re-phrase my question. A woman that can do all the manly stuffs up there (apart from the last one), what do you call her? A manly woman? Or a womanly man?
Re: How Manly Is Your Man by Mynd44: 8:16am On May 10, 2013
The moment you start living your life through the eyes of society, you stop being human and start being a robot. Those points the OP posted are selfish and senseless.

What happened to
1. He should be able to listen to you and off her shoulder to cry on

2. He should be wise enough to realise that a woman is most times emotional and try not to drive himself crazy when she gets like that

3. He should not cheat on his woman.

4. He must respect women enough not to hit them.
Etc

3 Likes

Re: How Manly Is Your Man by adim2(m): 8:20am On May 10, 2013
merciie: How Manly Is Your Man
Over the years, different debates have sprung up on the things that make a man a manly man and not a gay. These debates are probably one of the most discussed debates in human history and maybe one of the most ridiculous.

Most women have come to agree to some things that make a man manly and these things, albeit trivial, seem to be widely accepted by women of different races and colour all over the world.

Want to find out what these things are? Easy;

1. A man should know how to kill roaches, rodents, ants and whatever household pest that is. If he jumps in fright like his woman would, then he has fallen short of expectation and he has worse, lost his manliness. He is expected to deal with the pests and show his woman she is safe around the house when he is there. He is expected to save the day. Anything short of this and he is no manly man.

2. He should know how to fix bulbs, small electrical appliances and any other thing that needs fixing around the house. A woman expects her man to step in and help the situation by performing some magic and putting the faulty things in good condition. It doesn’t matter if he is a knowledgeable or not. Those things just must get fixed.

3. He should know how to change car tyres. Oh, if he has no idea how to do this then he just can’t be manly. He must be a gay not to know how to change car tyres. Men are expected to be delivered from heaven with an in built manual that lists tyre changing(admist other chores) in their “know how” list.

I have some serious problem with ur list. What about if the man doesn't have a car? Will he change tyres for other people? And even if he has a car he might decide not to do that. The number four list also is a problem. Mind you two people are involved in this. What about if the man rocks the woman's world but the woman felt he is not doing enough, and he exact the same energy and skills on another woman who forgets her name on bed, so should we conclude that such a man is not manly enough?
Re: How Manly Is Your Man by merciie(f): 9:21am On May 10, 2013
Guys! The key word here is "MANLY"
Yes I agree its selfish, but aint we all?
Last time I checked , the word "manly" means "having qualities TRADITIONALLY ascribed to men!"

So before y'all crucify me, its not my fault that I still hold some traditional values, and yes I can cook, sweep and clean for my MANLY man, only after he puts a ring to it, because that is what is obtainable traditionally
Re: How Manly Is Your Man by Caracta(f): 9:48am On May 10, 2013
We are not trying to crucify you sweetie. My point is that you don't judge a book by its cover. It's good for a man to be able to do all that...but it's not a yardstick for measuring a good man.

I bet the man that recently beat his wife to death could change tyres and fix bulbs too. The problem with broken homes today is far beyond the issue of changing tyres or being "manly", according to your definition. I can change tyres too, it doesn't make me more of a man or less of a woman.

1 Like

Re: How Manly Is Your Man by Kgdavid(m): 6:53pm On May 10, 2013
merciie: Guys! The key word here is "MANLY"
Yes I agree its selfish, but aint we all?
Last time I checked , the word "manly" means "having qualities TRADITIONALLY ascribed to men!"

So before y'all crucify me, its not my fault that I still hold some traditional values, and yes I can cook, sweep and clean for my MANLY man, only after he puts a ring to it, because that is what is obtainable traditionally

not selfish...childish.

1 Like

Re: How Manly Is Your Man by ovalrose(f): 10:30am On May 11, 2013
Frankly,im surprised that the poster actually used such superficial things to qualify a man MANLY. @mercie,honey,don't tell me you rate men based on ability instead of character. It's wrong and unfair. It's just like implying that all graduates must be successful and have good jobs just because they got a paper. No,dear,it doesnt work that way. Like mynd pointed out,any Superman who isnt a Romeo with you underneath all that brawn is MANLESS. End of story. Some men are squeamish about killing animals;does that make them less of men? Some men have no idea what filament,volts and current is;does it make them effeminate? Course not. Keep your Hercules: i'm taking Romeo!
Re: How Manly Is Your Man by Nobody: 10:32am On May 11, 2013
He is as manly as he is suppose to be grin grin grin
Re: How Manly Is Your Man by topmostg: 11:14am On May 11, 2013
He Must be able to kill roaches and pests? gringringringringringrin tbh i'm sacred of killin rats and that long reptile! Does that make me womanly?
Re: How Manly Is Your Man by Nobody: 11:27am On May 11, 2013
I agree with number one.
Number one because I can't do it so I would want a man that can. Btw, a guy running from rodents and insects just seem odd. embarassed
Re: How Manly Is Your Man by oyinbogirl(f): 5:00pm On May 11, 2013
Caracta: Hahahahahaha.

@2buff, funny guy. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Hehehehe. Correct!

@OP, i'm a woman. Lemme re-phrase my question. A woman that can do all the manly stuffs up there (apart from the last one), what do you call her? A manly woman? Or a womanly man?

Capable
Re: How Manly Is Your Man by Caracta(f): 5:31pm On May 11, 2013
oyinbogirl:

Capable
lol...really?
Re: How Manly Is Your Man by seunny4lif(m): 6:12pm On May 11, 2013
Na whaooooo grin grin grin grin grin Me i no fit wait for rats ooo abeg and changing of car tyres i no be road side mechanic ooo shocked shocked shocked Wetin woman self dey do becos i dey cook past woman and i like cleaning my enivornment myself.....
Re: How Manly Is Your Man by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 11, 2013
Caracta: Hahahahahaha.

It`s called being self suffecient (in certain areas).
Re: How Manly Is Your Man by Mynd44: 7:56pm On May 11, 2013
seunny4lif: Na whaooooo grin grin grin grin grin Me i no fit wait for rats ooo abeg and changing of car tyres i no be road side mechanic ooo shocked shocked shocked Wetin woman self dey do becos i dey cook past woman and i like cleaning my enivornment myself.....
Good
cheesy
Re: How Manly Is Your Man by MrsChima1(f): 9:12pm On May 11, 2013
Chima is a traditional Igbo and knows his role as a man and husband.

I have said you need to be a man just to piss him off. grin
Re: How Manly Is Your Man by seunny4lif(m): 10:01pm On May 11, 2013
Mynd_44:
Good
cheesy
I just tried for dem ooo...
My man must know hw to repair my shoes shocked shocked
My man must know hw to drive and repair cars lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
He must know hw to cook(I no dey agree becos na my office be dat smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley )
He must know hw to dance and play on bed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
He must sabi fight becos he is my defender na Vidic he be? shocked shocked
He must knw hw to build house,na bricklayer? angry angry angry
He must be my e.t.c lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
He must be a great kisser kiss kiss kiss kissLove this part
Man don suffer oooh chai embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: How Manly Is Your Man by Nobody: 12:11am On May 12, 2013
Mynd_44:
Good
cheesy
Dennis Sidebottom is a Pompous Wazzock cheesycheesycheesy
i see someone is an Agent Z fan.
Re: How Manly Is Your Man by Mynd44: 3:45am On May 12, 2013
pc guru:
i see someone is an Agent Z fan.
Nostalgia dude. Been a long time
Re: How Manly Is Your Man by oyinbogirl(f): 6:39am On May 12, 2013
Caracta:
lol...really?

Traditionally yes they are mens' jobs and men should be doing them. But if no man is around, you have to do them sef....face it there are jobs as well that just cant wait, who will sit around waiting for a man to show if hes no were to be found? Im a believer of doing what needs to be done then and there, and i sure woouldnt like to be in a situation were i cant help myself if necessary. We got taught to change tyres etc when young 'just in case' thats why i say it makes a woman capable cos you learn all the time abt doing & fixing things. Any woman to me who can fix things is a capable lady to me! lol (and not manly by any means) Mind you i do know women who cant do mans jobs, AT ALL and will sit around waiting , waiting. Na so e be...

(1) (Reply)

Please Young Ladies, Cover Your Buttocks (low-waist Trousers) / Help Pls, I Get Uneasy When I Meet Really Cute Ladies..and Its Affecting My Job. / Is It Right For Guyz To Always Give Girls Money To Make Hair?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.