Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? (3118 Views)

Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo / Atheist, Please Help Me Stop Smoking Hemp / FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by snthesis(m): 9:32pm On May 11, 2013
Atheist:-D:

Like the OPC right. I have heard stories about how they use "magic" eggs to fight battles. I await the next battle they fight and will get a front row seat. I just pray they dont get slaughtered embarassed
do u knw how ridiculous u sound, let me break it down for u
u wud only believe if u see it with ur eyes right
but guess what even if u see it with your eyes, and u say it, logicboy wouldnt believe cos he hasnt seen it with his own eyes and so the cycle continues until every atheist sees the events with their own eyes undecided
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by wiegraf: 10:43pm On May 11, 2013
*Kails*:

sir, what they call "magic" pertains to tricks and tricks are skills that anyone can acquire.

Supernatural is the spirit, visions, intuition; etc.

And magic. A lot of practitioners claim they're feats are supernatural.

Do say, wiccans, claim to use parlor tricks or supernatural magic? You don't think they're supernatural? If yes, on what authority do you assert that? That they don't invoke spirits, visions or whatever supernatural phenomena?

Whether they're actually supernatural or not is irrelevant. The actual (non)existence of the supernatural is irrelevant as well. All that matters is that they claim their magic is supernatural, as this is clearly a completely subjective affair, or do you have an objective way to prove your version of spirits exist?

They have as much objective evidence to back them up as all the others with some supernatural claim or the other; non. So, are we to assume their feats aren't supernatural yet whatever type of spirituality you speak of is so just because you say so?

You are trying to separate spiritual from magical methinks, and perhaps you guys can sort it out at the next comicon, but either ways this thread addresses all (supposedly) supernatural events, not just spiritual, and some magic is (allegedly) supernatural.

Frankly, spiritual or magical? Same thing. But I can ignore that for now. And why so polite? I don't exactly deserve it..
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by Born2beRich1(m): 12:19am On May 12, 2013
wiegraf:

So, you find killing witches justifiable? Who let you out of the zoo?

Did any statement made by me say that i find the killing of witches justifiable

Who let you graduate from the university? Thats if you went to one.
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by wiegraf: 2:26am On May 12, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

Did any statement made by me say that i find the killing of witches justifiable

Who let you graduate from the university? Thats if you went to one.

I suppose reasoning skills aren't taught in zoos.

Born 2be Rich:

The same westeners that are decieving you all were killing witches and wizards in their country in the past centuries ago when they burned them on a stake or hung them...

Why were they killed? You are very clearly saying they were killed because they were witches, yes?

It seems it never occurred to you that the killers could have been wrong, that perhaps they were mistaken (which is oh so clearly the case), or whatever other reasons. Rather, it seems that in your twisted, Neanderthal brain, the only viable, justifiable explanation for their deaths was they had to have been supernatural witches, else you wouldn't be producing this nonsense for your case of the existence of supernatural, yes? That is the only situation that justifies their deaths, yes?

So I ask you again, my eediot barbarian, do you find killing witches justifiable? Do you think that is the only reason available to explain their deaths? That the killers could not have been mistaken? What are you doing out of your cage?
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by Born2beRich1(m): 6:10am On May 12, 2013
wiegraf:

I suppose reasoning skills aren't taught in zoos.

Why were they killed? You are very clearly saying they were killed because they were witches, yes?

It seems it never occurred to you that the killers could have been wrong, that perhaps they were mistaken (which is oh so clearly the case), or whatever other reasons. Rather, it seems that in your twisted, Neanderthal brain, the only viable, justifiable explanation for their deaths was they had to have been supernatural witches, else you wouldn't be producing this nonsense for your case of the existence of supernatural, yes? That is the only situation that justifies their deaths, yes?

So I ask you again, my eediot barbarian, do you find killing witches justifiable? Do you think that is the only reason available to explain their deaths? That the killers could not have been mistaken? What are you doing out of your cage?

I was simply explaining to Niflheim that it isnt everything the white man says we should belive...Niflheim belive that there was nothing like magic or witches aka supernatural occurences especially when he asked a white guy( i hope you even know what the topic is about) that it is all science and i reminded him that the same white guys whom claimed that there is no witch or anything called black magic killed people centuries ago all in the sake of accussing the people of practicing black magic...why didnt the white people accuse them of practicing science then

Of what benefit do i want to derieve from the killings of people...Please go through the thread again for proper understanding..

If you dont understand some statements simply say so instead of going into childish rant mode in here...I wont follow you to exchange words, because i believe am bigger and better than that...
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by Nobody: 6:48am On May 12, 2013
Hmm, grammer only this atheists are ranting on this thread. Since you say there is no supernatural and hence no God, you are foo.ls! Only fo.ols say there is no God. Now the god the ombatse worship is a witness to reality of the supernatural. Because even the bible attest to the existence of other gods -
"For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)" (1 Corinthians 8:5).
. And one manifest his powers against power of a gun, not penetrating its believers, then am sorry you have been deceived by naturalism. Lets make a deal, come down to lafia nasarawa state, i will direct you to the hospital to see first hand what really happened to those men who died and ask doctors, Roadsafety personnel who attended to the dead and the injured. If a god manifest himself, you dont believe, if the One manifest, you wont have the opportunity to believe. Better be agnostic than an atheist. Agnostics are closer to the supernatural.
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by wiegraf: 7:17am On May 12, 2013
Born 2be Rich:
If you dont understand some statements simply say so instead of going into childish rant mode in here...I wont follow you to exchange words, because i believe am bigger and better than that...

My good brah, I may have started the labeling by calling you what you really are, an animal, a 'lower' one, like a pig, maggot or something similar, but you've already starting exchanging words. You've already accused me of being uneducated, no? So don't try to somehow play the bigger man now that you feel some heat, pull out the indignation, etc. It's silly. But kudos, you're onto something here, I have no issues with being immature.

Born 2be Rich:

I was simply explaining to Niflheim that it isnt everything the white man says we should belive...Niflheim belive that there was nothing like magic or witches aka supernatural occurences especially when he asked a white guy( i hope you even know what the topic is about) that it is all science and i reminded him that the same white guys whom claimed that there is no witch or anything called black magic killed people centuries ago all in the sake of accussing the people of practicing black magic...why didnt the white people accuse them of practicing science then

You see the italized? Exactly. Do I have to spell it out again? What is the answer that you expect? Which answer could possibly help your case? That the oyinbo back then were wrong and witches don't exist?

If you'd be so kind, do please tell us, explicitly.

Born 2be Rich:
Of what benefit do i want to derieve from the killings of people...Please go through the thread again for proper understanding..

Erm, yes, you expect me to know? You're begging for emotional blackmail perhaps? You should ask your fellow looneys and believers in jazz and evil spirits that beat people to within an inch of their lives for stealing pipis, or those who were tossing out children in Calabar (I think) a few years ago, or the other eediots you mention who relished burning witches through history, etc etc.

You go through the thread slowly, and go through your posts, both of them. Your own words, please try not be foolish as well.
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by wiegraf: 7:40am On May 12, 2013
hisblud: Hmm, grammer only this atheists are ranting on this thread. Since you say there is no supernatural and hence no God, you are foo.ls! Only fo.ols say there is no God. Now the god the ombatse worship is a witness to reality of the supernatural. Because even the bible attest to the existence of other gods -.

I see. However I disagree, my Harry Potter books claim voldermort is the most powerful being in the universe. He can even split his soul and put it in inanimate objects, can your dog do that? Allah is also more understanding of my needs actually, and is still rather fiery, so he'll probably spank your jewish dog silly and give me my 72 virgins. It's a much better deal I think. Really, I think it would be foolish of you to accept yahweh's offer when there are much better deals around.

hisblud:
And one manifest his powers against power of a gun, not penetrating its believers, then am sorry you have been deceived by naturalism. Lets make a deal, come down to lafia nasarawa state, i will direct you to the hospital to see first hand what really happened to those men who died and ask doctors, Roadsafety personnel who attended to the dead and the injured. If a god manifest himself, you dont believe, if the One manifest, you wont have the opportunity to believe. Better be agnostic than an atheist. Agnostics are closer to the supernatural.

It works likes the intangible, invisible, bullet proof vests your ancestors, in their thousands, wore to fight of the few hundred evil oyinbo with very real, physics based guns? The vests they wore on the way to their graves and slavery?

Please don't waste our time. Use it for yourself, or better yet, prove us all wrong and earn yourself a million dollars by taking this challenge. You'll get to shut us up as well of course. Else, consider shutting your stoopid, vacuous, asinine trap.

What are you waiting for?
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by Nobody: 8:04am On May 12, 2013
wiegraf:

I see. However I disagree, my Harry Potter books claim voldermort is the most powerful being in the universe. He can even split his soul and put it in inanimate objects, can your dog do that? Allah is also more understanding of my needs actually, and is still rather fiery, so he'll probably spank your jewish dog silly and give me my 72 virgins. It's a much better deal I think. Really, I think it would be foolish of you to accept yahweh's offer when there are much better deals around.

It works likes the intangible, invisible, bullet proof vests your ancestors, in their thousands, wore to fight of the few hundred evil oyinbo with very real, physics based guns? The vests they wore on the way to their graves and slavery?

Please don't waste our time. Use it for yourself, or better yet, prove us all wrong and earn yourself a million dollars by taking this challenge. You'll get to shut us up as well of course. Else, consider shutting your stoopid, vacuous, asinine trap.

WEIGRAF!! no need to claim the money... am contented with my 'peanuts'. But for you, that is not satisfied, come over and see things for yourself!
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by Nobody: 8:06am On May 12, 2013
wiegraf:

WEIGRAF!! no need to claim the money... am contented with my 'peanuts'. But for you, that is not satisfied, come over and see things for YOURSELF!
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by wiegraf: 8:26am On May 12, 2013
hisblud:

WEIGRAF!! no need to claim the money... am contented with my 'peanuts'. But for you, that is not satisfied, come over and see things for YOURSELF!

Let me explain how it works in the rational word, foolish non-muslim (seriously, it's a better deal).

For me, that isn't making any silly claim, I don't have to do $hit. You're the one claiming the moon is one big waina, not me. Now, are you willing to prove yourself, put your money where your mouth is, and go get it tested objectively, or are you just continue displaying signs of some form of gonorrhea of the brain? Again

wiegraf:
Please don't waste our time.

Glad to see you're taking this

wiegraf:
consider shutting your stoopid, vacuous, asinine trap.

to heart though
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by Nobody: 9:17am On May 12, 2013
grin grin grin James Randi Fraud!!!! Someone hyping a fraudster that have refused to give the $1million dollars after a presentation and you are here exalting him.. SMH, guess you need to do more research on him and his $1 million fraud before hiding behind the veil of $1million grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by Nobody: 9:27am On May 12, 2013
From my beloved pilgrim.1 in 2009. I really missed that lady. wherever thou art, may the blessing of God be with you...

5. The Atheist Dilemma
For the atheist who has a tribal loyalty to his naturalism, what would be the implications of discovering that these phenomena exist and cannot be denied? What happens upon discovering that there is indeed evidence of "something beyond his worldview"? Give them whatever term you may - ghosts, souls, spirits, etc, - it does not disprove their existence, but rather confirms them. Indeed, his huge problem would be to find a way to "explain" them within the permutations of his naturalism; but that would present two further problems for the typical atheist -

(a) he would have to admit that science has NOT "proved" religion wrong

(b) naturalism as a worldview is insufficient and limp in explicating the realities
of all possible worlds and existence.

What she wrote up there, captures the dilema athiest are having in relation to the ombaste group, 95 men eliminated without a gun fired by them but with matchetes and knives...hmm
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by wiegraf: 10:36am On May 12, 2013
hisblud: grin grin grin James Randi Fraud!!!! Someone hyping a fraudster that have refused to give the $1million dollars after a presentation and you are here exalting him.. SMH, guess you need to do more research on him and his $1 million fraud before hiding behind the veil of $1million grin grin grin grin grin

hisblud: grin grin grin James Randi Fraud!!!!

1 Like

Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by AtheistD(m): 10:43am On May 12, 2013
snthesis:
do u knw how ridiculous u sound, let me break it down for u
u wud only believe if u see it with ur eyes right
but guess what even if u see it with your eyes, and u say it, logicboy wouldnt believe cos he hasnt seen it with his own eyes and so the cycle continues until every atheist sees the events with their own eyes undecided

Then why dont they do a demonstration for all of us. Get 10 renowned Atheists and then film it live and post on youtube. Let them get down to their special egg throwing etc.
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by Nobody: 10:44am On May 12, 2013
wiegraf:

Usual atheist rants

30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist By Buda

4. Ensure you call Christians childish degrading names like, pathetic air-heads, pointless God-bother-er's, deluded bible kissers and insult them with statements which include the terms like ignorant, clueless, uneducated. The goal here is to provoke and frustrate the Christian to the point they become angry, then, you can then claim they are a hypocrite for not being 'loving like Jesus.'

by that gif, you mean the bolded... grin grin grin grin
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by Nobody: 10:45am On May 12, 2013
James Randi is a FRAUD and his challenge is Fraudulent...why not be another logical scientist/archaeologist not a armchair seating athiest who shout with gifs, come down to lafia for yourself and verify and dont rely on someones challenge.. challenge your ignorance and come down and verify.... scientist make independent enquiries first before bringing it up for peer reviews, so i challenge you to dare to be different and not some armchair seating athiet grin grin grin grin
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by wiegraf: 10:57am On May 12, 2013
^^^

At least consider professional help..

I'm serious. I've come across foolish before, but never on this scale, never of this nature. Even vedaxx..

I'm completely baffled...

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by Nobody: 11:09am On May 12, 2013
wiegraf: ^^^

At least consider professional help..

I'm serious. I've come across foolish before, but never on this scale, never of this nature. Even vedaxx..

I'm completely baffled...

Another common trait of an athiest

7. Be as argumentative, obnoxious, loud, sarcastic and verbal as possible - there is no need to make sense or use logic in your arguments - just keep arguing.

Instead of taking up the challenge personally, u resort to the usual [BOLDED] grin grin grin You de fear simple challenge... why are you standing behind your white master james randi angry angry angry are you not scientific enough to stand on your own? wink wink
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by wiegraf: 11:15am On May 12, 2013
hisblud:

Another common trait of an athiest

Instead of taking up the challenge personally, u resort to the usual [BOLDED] grin grin grin You de fear simple challenge... why are you standing behind your white master james randi angry angry angry are you not scientific enough to stand on your own? wink wink

I'm not. You win
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by snthesis(m): 1:15pm On May 12, 2013

Then why dont they do a demonstration for all of us. Get 10 renowned Atheists and then film it live and post on youtube. Let them get down to their special egg throwing etc.
u still miss d point, even if the event is recorded on live tv, some one will disprove, say it was doctored anything just to satisfy his non "belief' in the supernatural. face it Atheism is a religion based on the "belief" that there is no God- and it is that "belief" that keeps an Atheist going

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by Nobody: 1:58am On May 13, 2013
snthesis:
face it Atheism is a religion based on the "belief" that there is no God- and it is that "belief" that keeps an Atheist going
A chicken is also a type of fruit.
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by mazaje(m): 8:26am On May 13, 2013
hisblud: grin grin grin James Randi Fraud!!!! Someone hyping a fraudster that have refused to give the $1million dollars after a presentation and you are here exalting him.. SMH, guess you need to do more research on him and his $1 million fraud before hiding behind the veil of $1million grin grin grin grin grin

He refused to give the one million dollars to who?. . .Present your source for this LIE you have just told. . .
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by AtheistD(m): 8:48am On May 13, 2013
snthesis:
u still miss d point, even if the event is recorded on live tv, some one will disprove, say it was doctored anything just to satisfy his non "belief' in the supernatural. face it Atheism is a religion based on the "belief" that there is no God- and it is that "belief" that keeps an Atheist going

With proper evidence it can be investigated and then proved/disproved. Why do you guys hate providing evidence of such things. There are loads of dodgy photoshopped pics and videos but they can still be investigated.

What about UFOs? There have been loads of dodgy pics of them. No one is saying they exist/do not exist, there is just too scant evidence to draw a decisive conclusion that they exist.
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by Nobody: 11:57am On May 13, 2013
mazaje:

He refused to give the one million dollars to who?. . .Present your source for this LIE you have just told. . .
ok, have you not used google before? use it my friend first....simply type "james randi fraud"
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by mazaje(m): 12:55pm On May 13, 2013
hisblud:
ok, have you not used google before? use it my friend first....simply type "james randi fraud"

I did, and the search result i got says "hisblud is a liar". . .

1 Like

Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 13, 2013
mazaje:

I did, and the search result i got says "hisblud is a liar". . .

4. Ensure you call Christians childish degrading names like, pathetic air-heads, pointless God-bother-er's, deluded bible kissers and insult them with statements which include the terms like ignorant, clueless, uneducated. The goal here is to provoke and frustrate the Christian to the point they become angry, then, you can then claim they are a hypocrite for not being 'loving like Jesus.'

6. Be sure to set your own moral standards and compass very, very, very low so that you'll never look like a hypocrite in public. The lower the better.

7. Be as argumentative, obnoxious, loud, sarcastic and verbal as possible - there is no need to make sense or use logic in your arguments - just keep arguing.

And your search showed that it was skewed...
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 13, 2013

With proper evidence it can be investigated and then proved/disproved. Why do you guys hate providing evidence of such things. There are loads of dodgy photoshopped pics and videos but they can still be investigated.

What about UFOs? There have been loads of dodgy pics of them. No one is saying they exist/do not exist, there is just too scant evidence to draw a decisive conclusion that they exist.

To the bolded, the ombaste event is not a faraway, distant event that is shrouded in history but an event that you are invited to come with your team to verify first hand... would you avail yourself?
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by mazaje(m): 2:20pm On May 13, 2013
hisblud:

To the bolded, the ombaste event is not a faraway, distant event that is shrouded in history but an event that you are invited to come with your team to verify first hand... would you avail yourself?

stop spewing lies. . .The ombaste event is nothing supernatural. . .The guys with the help of two police informant who leaked information to them ahead of time on the police raid, were able to lay ambush on the police and attack them when they least expected with guns and other things. . .Hope you know that the Taliban and the Iraqi's sometimes lay ambush on the US and British forces in Afghanistan, with 100% success rate. . .Diod they use supernatural forces to succeed in their well plan ambush as well?. . .You are a joke. . .
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 13, 2013
mazaje:

stop spewing lies. . .The ombaste event is nothing supernatural. . .The guys with the help of two police informant who leaked information to them ahead of time on the police raid, were able to lay ambush on the police and attack them when they least expected with guns and other things. . .Hope you know that the Taliban and the Iraqi's sometimes lay ambush on the US and British forces in Afghanistan, with 100% success rate. . .Diod they use supernatural forces to succeed in their well plan ambush as well?. . .You are a joke. . .

Mazaje, mayn i invite YOU personally to come to lafia to verify for yourself not what you read on paper or the net. And stop that James randi nonsense... let me assume ... all athiest are scientist.. and scientist are not shy to verify an incidence... so would you personally come down.... grin grin grin
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by mazaje(m): 3:14pm On May 13, 2013
hisblud:

Mazaje, mayn i invite YOU personally to come to lafia to verify for yourself not what you read on paper or the net. And stop that James randi nonsense... let me assume ... all athiest are scientist.. and scientist are not shy to verify an incidence... so would you personally come down.... grin grin grin

What is there to verify?. . .That they ambushed the policemen and killed them with the help of an insider?. . .
Re: Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 13, 2013
mazaje:

What is there to verify?. . .That they ambushed the policemen and killed them with the help of an insider?. . .
Read this account since you are interested in what you only read online
Speaking through an interpreter on the phone, the traditional religionist denied shooting at the policemen, saying his groupresponded only with machetes and knives, not bullets, and only after the police had killed nine of their members.
https://www.nairaland.com/1285383/ombatse-traditionalists-police-killed-members#15650018

How can 95 armed police men be machete to death with all the power of gun at their disposal and what i want you to come and verify is to view the dead bodies of the policemen whether there was any bullet hole on thier bodies or not....

and have you ever heard/read how the iragii and afgan insurgency used knife/machete to kill 20 american troops at a go before ? never. open your eyes my guy....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Has God Ever Answered Your Prayer(s)? Has Juju Ever Worked For You? / Release Reverend King Now! / Where Is Heaven And Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.