Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,125 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? (2306 Views)

What Your Blood Group Says About You / 7 Types Of Men Ladies Should Avoid When Dating / When Dating A Nigerian Man What Should An American Woman Expect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by iamtjx(m): 3:30pm On May 10, 2013
I just want to knw, most people just go ahead and date sumwan dy jst feel attractd 2 and by d time dy find out dat they really like d person, dy realize that dia bloodgroup<genotype or phenotype> jst dnt go along....at least some dates shud lead 2 marriage. So, im asking all u 'experienced people', do u actually cnsider the blood or u jst go ahead blindly and risk a rather preventable heartbreak...waiting 4 ur responses..
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Mynd44: 7:09am On May 11, 2013
When a relationship gets serious and you start talking about the future, the both of you need to be responsible and take an HIV test. But blood test? Nah......

For me blood group is not grounds enough not to get married to someone so I am not bothered
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Princeparix(m): 7:42am On May 11, 2013
in a relationship-NAH

Courtship--YES
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by angelTI(f): 7:47am On May 11, 2013
[quote
author=Mynd_44]When a relationship gets serious and you start talking
about the future, the both of you need to be responsible and take an HIV
test. But blood test? Nah......

mynd, wat if u both r AS? wud u risk d possibility of having SS children dat is if u wnt kids?
For me blood group is not grounds enough not to get married to someone
so I am not bothered [/quote]
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Mynd44: 7:53am On May 11, 2013
Well if I am marrying, I will be doing so because I love the woman and I want to spend the rest of my life with her not because I want to have kids.

Children are a plus and not the first thing I am looking for else I could as well knock up some girl somewhere.

If we end up AS, i will gladly go on contraceptives and adopt. That even makes life a lot easier sef.

2 Likes

Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Princeparix(m): 7:55am On May 11, 2013
Mynd_44: Well if I am marrying, I will be doing so because I love the woman and I want to spend the rest of my life with her not because I want to have kids.

Children are a plus and not the first thing I am looking for else I could as well knock up some girl somewhere.

If we end up AS, i will gladly go on contraceptives and adopt. That even makes life a lot easier sef.
huhhh? #jumps into imeghi-ihe river#
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Kaxmytex(m): 8:01am On May 11, 2013
Princeparix: huhhh? #jumps into imeghi-ihe river#
save journey
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Nobody: 8:08am On May 11, 2013
OP pls do yourself a favour, don't ignore blood group. my babe and I are both AS,spare yourself the headaches for future purposes.
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Princeparix(m): 8:21am On May 11, 2013
Kaxmytex:
safe journey
thank you
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by iamtjx(m): 10:09am On May 11, 2013
Lemme tell u my xperience, i lost ma best friend 2 sickle cell, 3 of my cousins r sickle cell carriers, all from d same parent, my aunt dia mother is a carrier,.... Im virtually surrounded by them so i knw wat dy xperience! 2 make matters worse im AS, nd well, falling in love, ive tot of cnsidering blood....

By the way plenty people r still ignorant of dis tin, nd children can curse u 4 nt cnsiderin! Lol....^_^
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Nobody: 10:20am On May 11, 2013
Mynd_44: Well if I am marrying, I will be doing so because I love the woman and I want to spend the rest of my life with her not because I want to have kids.

[size=13pt]*high five*[/size]
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Mynd44: 10:25am On May 11, 2013
Princeparix: huhhh? #jumps into imeghi-ihe river#
Just watch out for that crocodile
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Mynd44: 10:26am On May 11, 2013
ogugua88:

cheesy
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Princeparix(m): 11:22am On May 11, 2013
Mynd_44:
Just watch out for that crocodile
#swims out#
there isnt any here
#grabs a spear and jumps back#
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by FindOut(m): 11:57am On May 11, 2013
Yes, today I have this topic's timesmiley

Thank God i dont need to bother about a future partner's genotype (proudly AA cool ). But if i were AS and i happen to be in a relationship with an AS lady, then i'm sorry but that relationship has an expiry date already. It's easy to say "we'll adopt", "marriage is not all about kids", "s/he's my soul mate and I can't leave him/er", but is it really that easy

For the adoption people, so because you 'love' each pother, you'll both throw away an opportunity for you both to settle with different partners and have your very own kids (& probably still remain good family friends, maybe your kids could even marry each other in future)?? Isn't that SELFISH?? You think its easy to go for an adopted child when you know fully well that you can bear children?? Go and try it. I hope some people won't father kids outside wedlock and not tell their spouse 'out of love'.

For the contraceptive people, so you'll keep on using contraceptives from marriage till wife clocks menopause right? while parents on both sides will be praying ceaselessly that God should bless their kids with the fruit of the womb. Yeahrite. Even unmarried couples using contraceptives sometimes STILL GET PREGNANT. & when that happens, what will you do, abort immediately? or check baby's genotype before birth and abort if SS? or just wait till the baby is born & be guilty of the absolutely WICKED and SELFISH act of bringing an SS baby into the world knowing fully well that you both could have prevented it?? Mind you, aborting the baby too is also callous in my opinion because you both knew your genotypes before sleeping with each other. infact, the 'good' thing to do is to indeed not bear children at all,......but the point is NA SO E EASY??

In a relationship, Love is not everything, never everything.

i wonder what an AS couple who have stayed childless (intentionally as some people are insinuating they are capable of) suddenly decide to get a divorce after 15 or 20 years of marriage? Guess what that amounts to? WASTED YEARS! people who get divorced often cite their marriages as wasted years but will be quick to point out that at least, when they look at their kids, they know deep down that those years were not wasted. what will freshly divorced Mr or Mrs Intentionally Chidless look at?

Adoption is not for everybody, and I wouldn't reccomend it for someone& especially a couple who are perfectly capable of bearing children. You can never and will never share the same blood with that adopted child. the day that child messes up real bad, just pray this thought won't cross your mind "if he/she was my flesh and blood,s/he'd dare not do such", coz if that thought crosses your mind as a man especially, don't be surprised if you start getting unconsiously angry with your wife.

What's the option then? keep checking the baby's genotype before birth and aborting if SS right? I wish your mental and physical health(especially for the female) Goodluck.

Consciously marrying an AS is an even much worse scenario than marrying a guy or lady who cannot have kids (even tho that too, is easier said than done). Love is essential in every relationship, but if you really think it's ALL about love, then you'll be in for a terrible shock after marriage....in short your eye go open.lol

& then its funny how in some cases, the same people who will go ahead and say they can marry a fellow AS & decide not to have biological kids will also say they'll abandon their bf/gf or even divorce their spouse because of infidelity...since marriage is not by force undecided

2 Likes

Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by FindOut(m): 12:20pm On May 11, 2013

Wow! We've got lots of awesome men on nairaland o. How gallant of you. So adopting a baby is better than holding your own baby, who may be your(or your pretty wife's) spitting image in your arms, then watching him/her grow and develop to be a better you?

You've talked the talk.....just as several people do. I sincerely hope you CAN indeed walk the walk. Not many men can.
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by FindOut(m): 12:23pm On May 11, 2013
Mynd_44: When a relationship gets serious and you start talking about the future, the both of you need to be responsible and take an HIV test. But blood test? Nah......

For me blood group is not grounds enough not to get married to someone so I am not bothered

Out of curiousity, if after the HIV test, it turns out that your babe is HIV+, will you still go ahead and marry her?
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by FindOut(m): 12:25pm On May 11, 2013
ogugua88:

I see you. Good evening cool

Oya let us hear you... Indulge me *rolls up sleeves & cracks knuckles* grin
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by shizzle11(m): 1:09pm On May 11, 2013
When dating? Not necessary.
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Mynd44: 2:18pm On May 11, 2013
Find Out!:

Wow! We've got lots of awesome men on nairaland o. How gallant of you. So adopting a baby is better than holding your own baby, who may be your(or your pretty wife's) spitting image in your arms, then watching him/her grow and develop to be a better you?

You've talked the talk.....just as several people do. I sincerely hope you CAN indeed walk the walk. Not many men can.

I don't do write what I cannot do. Why would I need to lie on a faceless forum where I really don't care what 99% of them thinks of me?

2 Likes

Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Mynd44: 2:25pm On May 11, 2013
Find Out!:

Out of curiousity, if after the HIV test, it turns out that your babe is HIV+, will you still go ahead and marry her?
Now you see where you are missing the point? You are here putting a genotype test and an HIV test on the same pedestal which they are not. What is with the craze about having a child that looks like you sef? Na by force? This is the reason why most of us don't take chance cos we are so attached to things which do not matter.

And to your question about if the babe is HIV+ or not. The point of taking an HIV test is to see if it makes sense to have unprotected sèx With her or not. If she then turns out to be HIV positive, I have not seen someone who would be diagnosed with a terminal disease and would still hope to tie someone down with him or her. If you really love someone, you would let them go and be happy not try to bind them to your sorrows.

My point is simple, I will not be marrying her not because I might be infected but because the marriage will be short lived, and before you come at me, if you have been to any HIV counselling session before, you will be told that just cos a person is positive does not mean the person's intimate life is over so this is not about fear of infection

1 Like

Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by 50calibre(m): 2:59pm On May 11, 2013

I like how you said you would adopt of there are genotype issues because some crazy people go ahead on blind faith and breed kids who would later fall ill.
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Mynd44: 3:01pm On May 11, 2013
50calibre:

I like how you said you would adopt of there are genotype issues because some crazy people go ahead on blind faith and breed kids who would later fall ill.
Well I don't have faith that strong or silly. So I stick to adoption
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 11, 2013
Find Out!:
Yes, today I have this topic's timesmiley

Thank God i dont need to bother about a future partner's genotype (proudly AA cool ). But if i were AS and i happen to be in a relationship with an AS lady, then i'm sorry but that relationship has an expiry date already. It's easy to say "we'll adopt", "marriage is not all about kids", "s/he's my soul mate and I can't leave him/er", but is it really that easy

For the adoption people, so because you 'love' each pother, you'll both throw away an opportunity for you both to settle with different partners and have your very own kids (& probably still remain good family friends, maybe your kids could even marry each other in future)?? Isn't that SELFISH?? You think its easy to go for an adopted child when you know fully well that you can bear children?? Go and try it. I hope some people won't father kids outside wedlock and not tell their spouse 'out of love'.

For the contraceptive people, so you'll keep on using contraceptives from marriage till wife clocks menopause right? while parents on both sides will be praying ceaselessly that God should bless their kids with the fruit of the womb. Yeahrite. Even unmarried couples using contraceptives sometimes STILL GET PREGNANT. & when that happens, what will you do, abort immediately? or check baby's genotype before birth and abort if SS? or just wait till the baby is born & be guilty of the absolutely WICKED and SELFISH act of bringing an SS baby into the world knowing fully well that you both could have prevented it?? Mind you, aborting the baby too is also callous in my opinion because you both knew your genotypes before sleeping with each other. infact, the 'good' thing to do is to indeed not bear children at all,......but the point is NA SO E EASY??

In a relationship, Love is not everything, never everything.

i wonder what an AS couple who have stayed childless (intentionally as some people are insinuating they are capable of) suddenly decide to get a divorce after 15 or 20 years of marriage? Guess what that amounts to? WASTED YEARS! people who get divorced often cite their marriages as wasted years but will be quick to point out that at least, when they look at their kids, they know deep down that those years were not wasted. what will freshly divorced Mr or Mrs Intentionally Divorced look at?

Adoption is not for everybody, and I wouldn't reccomend it for someone& especially a couple who are perfectly capable of bearing children. You can never and will never share the same blood with that adopted child. the day that child messes up real bad, just pray this thought won't cross your mind "if he/she was my flesh and blood,s/he'd dare not do such", coz if that thought crosses your mind as a man especially, don't be surprised if you start getting unconsiously angry with your wife.

What's the option then? keep checking the baby's genotype before birth and aborting if SS right? I wish your mental and physical health(especially for the female) Goodluck.

Consciously marrying an AS is an even much worse scenario than marrying a guy or lady who cannot have kids (even tho that too, is easier said than done). Love is essential in every relationship, but if you really think it's ALL about love, then you'll be in for a terrible shock after marriage....in short your eye go open.lol

& then its funny how in some cases, the same people who will go ahead and say they can marry a fellow AS & decide not to have biological kids will also say they'll abandon their bf/gf or even divorce their spouse because of infidelity...since marriage is not by force undecided

Damn this post really hit me hard, i really have some thinking and talking to do. cry
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 11, 2013
Find Out!:
I see you. Good evening cool

Oya let us hear you... Indulge me *rolls up sleeves & cracks knuckles* grin

[size=13pt]Lol. Mynd has already spoken for me. smiley[/size]
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by FindOut(m): 4:58pm On May 11, 2013
lol. Busy now. Will be back.
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Mynd44: 8:10pm On May 11, 2013
Find Out!:
lol. Busy now. Will be back.
You never come?

1 Like

Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by FindOut(m): 8:53pm On May 11, 2013
Mynd_44:
You never come?

I have now.lol.
Mynd_44:
Now you see where you are missing the point? You are here putting a genotype test and an HIV test on the same pedestal which they are not. What is with the craze about having a child that looks like you sef?

HIV and genotype are really not on the same pedestal as far as the marriage issue is concerned. Though both are undesirable, i would support an HIV- / Hiv+ marriage before i support an AS/AS marriage. Thanks to medicine, you can still have kids with that woman if you so desire using IVF and even in Nigeria today, its possible for an HIV+ woman to give birth to an HIV- baby......though extreme care must be taken at the point of delivery especially. And it is very possible to live with HIV for several years without it developing to full blown AIDS, infact some HIV+ people are NOT even on antiretrovirals because they don't need it!

I made mention of having your own baby coz almost every parent will tell you that one of the greatest and happiest things that can happen to anyone is to hold his/her child in his/her arms and gaze upon the face of the little one while the little one gazes back at you and stretches his/her tiny hands trying to touch your face....& then watching that baby grow everyday. I will NEVER intentionally deny myself or the girl i love so much that rare gift. It's a case of thinking things through and parting ways in good terms, knowing its for the best. Doing otherwise out of 'love for each other' and then proceeding to stay biologically childless is pure selfishness IMO. If our own parents could well have decided not to have kids because they love each other too much, we wouldn't have been born. Parenthood is a sacrifice in itself, a very rewarding sacrifice. Of course, with a 'genotypically compatible' couple, if God says no kids, at least we would have tried, then we can consider adopting or other means.

You think its easy not to have your own kids and be considering adopting when you are perfectly capable of procreating?? We are not supermen bro. We are humans.

What if that AS partner divorces you after 15 years of marriage, would you look back and boldly say you have no regrets?

Mynd_44: Na by force? This is the reason why most of us don't take chance cos we are so attached to things which do not matter.

So what matters? 'love' right? Ask the several people filing for divorce everyday or those who are stuck in unhappy marriages. People tend to misunderstand love a lot. Love is many things, but believe me, it is NOT stupid and also NOT selfish. Taking chances is good, yes, but even those chances must be well thought out and should only be taken when there's no safer route or better alternative.

Mynd_44: And to your question about if the babe is HIV+ or not. The point of taking an HIV test is to see if it makes sense to have unprotected sèx With her or not. If she then turns out to be HIV positive, I have not seen someone who would be diagnosed with a terminal disease and would still hope to tie someone down with him or her. If you really love someone, you would let them go and be happy not try to bind them to your sorrows.

In the real sense, HIV is not even a disease. & besides HIV patients need love, care and support. You must have read and heard that from numerous USAID and PEPFAR-sponsored adverts. So now you believe that if the vulnerable, in need of support HIV+ lady really loves you, she should let you go right (& she should go and face her sorrows)? But you cannot let someone go to have the opportunity to experience motherhood with someone else she's compatible with?

Mynd_44: My point is simple, I will not be marrying her not because I might be infected but because the marriage will be short lived, and before you come at me, if you have been to any HIV counselling session before, you will be told that just cos a person is positive does not mean the person's intimate life is over so this is not about fear of infection

So why exactly will the marriage be shortlived? some HIV+ people are far healthier physically and in much better shape than some HIV- people...just so you know.
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by FindOut(m): 8:59pm On May 11, 2013
Marriage is not all about having kids, yes, but having kids is an integral, highly rewarding and fulfiling part of marriage. Adopting a thousand kids will NEVER compare with you having your very own, just the same way I'm certain Ogugua will be quite content to prepare her own pizza in her own kitchen than ordering pizza from outside. grin Yeah you can order outside from time to time but imagine NEVER cooking in your own kitchen when you have all the utensils and ingredients, and only ordering from outside just because you can't stain the white walls and carpet in your kitchen, when you should have put a different carpet and painted your wall a different colour in the first place.

Yeah i know making pizza and making a baby are 2 different things entirely but the 2 scenarios are quite similiar in a way. smiley
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by FindOut(m): 9:02pm On May 11, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Lol. Mynd has already spoken for me. smiley[/size]

Oya, you and Mynd can speak again smiley
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by FindOut(m): 9:12pm On May 11, 2013
pc guru:
Damn this post really hit me hard, i really have some thinking and talking to do. cry

Geee!!! shocked That hard?!?!?!
Re: Do U Cnsider Blood Group Nd All when DATING? by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 11, 2013
Find Out!:
Marriage is not all about having kids, yes, but having kids is an integral, highly rewarding and fulfiling part of marriage. Adopting a thousand kids will NEVER compare with you having your very own, just the same way I'm certain Ogugua will be quite content to prepare her own pizza in her own kitchen than ordering pizza from outside. grin Yeah you can order outside from time to time but imagine NEVER cooking in your own kitchen when you have all the utensils and ingredients, and only ordering from outside just because you can't stain the white walls and carpet in your kitchen, when you should have put a different carpet and painted your wall a different colour in the first place.

Yeah i know making pizza and making a baby are 2 different things entirely but the 2 scenarios are quite similiar in a way. smiley

[size=13pt]You'd be surprised. I don't have to make my own pizza lol. I don't have to have children either. I'd be very content in adopting. That had been my plan since I was very young. If I could, I'd adopt at least one child from each continent. Yes, wild dreams, but I love children, and they don't have to be mine biologically. If I can't have a child with my partner, then that's more than fine. Not everyone puts children before his or her spouse. For me, I have to be happily in love to even consider children. I was raised by two parents who have been crazy for one another for 28 years. I want my children, mine or adopted, to be raised in the same environment.[/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Mouth Can Lie, But Your Body Can’t Lie / Come In And Get A Date / #bigliesyoutellyourself Trending On Twitter...drop Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.